Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 18, 2014 5:21 AM

Sep 2013
Wow those are some responsible guardians, federation offered the kids a place to live safely but instead they took them aboard the White Base again, to face who knows how many near death situations. Nicely done crew, nicely done.

This show is just so dumb sometimes I can't take it seriously.
Jun 21, 2014 2:38 AM

Jul 2009
Wow another intense episode!!

Seems Amuro is not content with the way the officer only gave two ranks of promotion and made it like it was nothing.

That's just how the military works. You die you got promotion and that's it. It's up to your comrades in battle to remember you forever.

Lol Amuro got "Bright Slap" once again, but it was that dumb officer. Next time just keep your mouth shut Amuro :P

AS for the kids would rather go the ship. They already experience many battles and already saw lots of death with their comrades. If you just take away this from all of that then this kids would feel homesick and may even experience PTSD.

Sure it's for their safety, but they already grown accustomed in battle. Plus they would adjust once again in a total new environment as well they may end up like the kids in the center. Playing and playing and playing while waiting for the war to be over(which may even take 10 years or so). Are the kids prepare to wait that long??

Even though they were really annoying(especially their voice ugh too much screeching) i've gotten used to them. Plus it would really be weird if they just disappeared out of nowhere.

It's a good thing they did stop the bomb though. It was weird they Amuro was able to jump to the car so easily without breaking a sweat :P

So Sayla finally meets his brother Char whose real name is Casval. So Salya is indeed a princess called Artesia :D

This is gonna be interesting! I wonder if Sayla might end up going to Char's side and the crew might force to kill her. That would be an unexpected twist that's for sure O___O

Damn Amuro is hungry and killed those Goggs like it was nothing! He's been improving faster than Char anticipated.

Char is smart that he always covers and prepares his next move two to three steps ahead.

Lol these children has indeed seen worse than you M'am :P

So White base will now act as a decoy since Zeon has grown a huge interest about the war fighter?

Can't wait to see more battles!! Will watch 10 episodes straight today that's for sure!!!
Aug 8, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2013
Amuro learned how to dodge the first slap :o
Dec 15, 2014 4:56 PM

Mar 2014
lol, I like how Amuro dodged the slap at first. XD

Damn those kids were brave, taking care of those bombs like that.

Also, oh man! Sayla finally finds out the truth about Char!
What will happen from here...
::End of Transmission::

Mar 4, 2015 11:03 AM
May 2012
Amuro is learning! How to dodge slaps, that is. Holy crap, that part was amazing.

The kids really needed this episode - they were badly developed thus far and way too many people would brush them off as "annoying" (which I guess some people will continue to do). The kind of loopholes the makers keep pulling to make sure kids stay aboard the ship is as amusing as ever (From "all the adults died in the war so it's up to us!" to "they're used to it now"). That's part of what makes this such a great children's show~

It still makes no sense to have those kids in the war, but we all know they need to be there for the audience. Lastly Sayla and Char are still interesting. Mirai is noticing that something is off! :D

Jul 4, 2015 10:14 AM

Jan 2010
Well...this another failed attempt at bombing. I was wondering before why remote denotation wasn't used, and I'm wondering this again. Also, I'm concerned how they bombs were placed in ways where even children could take them down. Whatever works I guess. At least, I'm enjoying Amuro's growth, if just by small steps. You really get the feeling that him and his friends are completely out of place in the military setting. Maybe they're unwittingly talented, or perhaps the adults are just incompetent. Who knows.
Jul 20, 2015 11:37 PM

Nov 2011
I get that the bombing was meant to show us how the kids aren't "normal kids", but I still think it's grossly irresponsible to keep them aboard the White Base.

We still need more background on Sayla and Char. They're teasing, but we still aren't getting much info.

I'm not a fan of the Federation, to be honest. From the beginning it's felt like they're just using the survivors of Side 7; then they blackmailed them into being soldiers, and now they're using them to take the brunt of the enemy's forces. It's just dirty.

I don't know if Zeon is any better, but even so.
Nov 25, 2015 8:59 AM

Jul 2013
Surprise, surprise....of course the bombs where the sort that wouldn't trigger if you touch them so even kids were able to get rid of them.

This was the last time i complain about this show in these episode discussions. I acknowledge the fact that the show look's good and did have it's moments and was in influential show but quite frankly it's fucking stupid and hasn't aged well.

If you can turn your brain off then it can be entertaining but i'm not going to do that. This show is shit.

Should have just dropped it ages ago but i guess i torture myself and will finish it.
Jan 9, 2016 7:14 PM
Nov 2015
I loved this episode and assumed it would get trashed here, so imagine my joy and in finding others who enjoyed the silliness in this episode too. I thought the animation was amazing here too, a lot of loose impressionistic lines when drawing the kids and it looked great!
Jan 15, 2016 8:33 AM

Feb 2014
I was hoping those annoying kids would have blown up
Mar 17, 2016 6:11 PM

Feb 2013
Char is one of the most overrated Gundam characters.

Ok, he is iconic and wears a cool mask, but toddlers ruined his plan in this episode and his subordinates always die.He sucks.

Meanwhile, Amuro is an engineering genius and great pilot labeled forever as "whiny" because stupid memes.
Mar 17, 2016 9:58 PM

Jul 2013
Psycho_Shin_Ken said:
Char is one of the most overrated Gundam characters.

Ok, he is iconic and wears a cool mask, but toddlers ruined his plan in this episode and his subordinates always die.He sucks.

Meanwhile, Amuro is an engineering genius and great pilot labeled forever as "whiny" because stupid memes.

Fuck no. I agree that he is good when it comes to engineering but the reason why he always win's is because the script say's so. The enemies these series constantly act conveniently retarded which is why Amuro is been able to survive. The gundam is also pretty OP and a real soldier would do lot better job piloting it.

I do though i agree that Char kinda sucks. By now he should have realized that what's he is doing is not working. It's not true though that he doesn't have skills because he is clearly the best pilot in the series.
May 26, 2016 4:33 AM

Jul 2008
yep, definitely some awesome rugrats they have on board.

And finally back in space.
Jun 11, 2016 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
Not very exciting episode, a bit too simplistic in the dynamics, but which has the merit of showing the growth of Amuro and the threat it poses to Zeon and Char, it is almost at his level. There really is something between Sayla and Casval, but since the time has passed from this series, also knows why, too bad, because then fades the element of surprise.
Jul 24, 2016 10:40 AM

May 2012
Great episode, those kids sure helped them out a lot! Let's see what's next!
Oct 6, 2016 11:16 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode! Nice plot twist at the end with White Base being used as decoys!
Oct 16, 2016 2:36 AM

Jul 2009
If people say these kids are tolerable, I'd be facing a hard time with anime children in general. Found them to be annoying from the start, and the blonde brat reminds me too much of Chitoge lol.

Still, the second half of the episode is pretty good, especially that bombshell reveal by Sayla. And it looks like the story is moving back to space again!
Apr 24, 2017 10:09 AM

Feb 2012
Char said Amuro defeated four Acguys, but only three were shown to be destroyed. If it can't be confirmed then it didn't happen.

Amuro Ray Kill Count:
3 Acguy kill this episode
39 kills total
Jul 29, 2017 5:27 PM

Jul 2016
Really not much to add other than: I love this show.

Those kids rock and the battles are becoming more and more exciting.
Oct 4, 2017 4:20 PM
Jul 2017
mshea1213 said:
Really not much to add other than: I love this show.

Those kids rock and the battles are becoming more and more exciting.

Agreed, this was a really good episode. Can't believe there are only 13 more episodes. Back in space for E31 though!

Loved Kai in this. Really stepped up and tossed some logic their way. Amuro blasting and cutting his way through those Zeon mobile suits. Looks so effortless recently for him.
Nov 15, 2017 7:19 PM

May 2015
laughterjones said:
Loved Kai in this.

Yup, I'm really glad he's slowly turning into an actually likable character. Too bad someone he cared about had to die in order for his change to occur, but at least I can't deny how well written this show is.
Mar 31, 2018 10:10 AM

Nov 2016
Lol,dat bitchslap for Amuro.

The children definitely proved as part of the crew and now White Base is going to play decoy,sounds exiting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 21, 2018 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
And here I was thinking they would leave the kids in Jaburo... silly me.

I personally think these kids are absolutely annoying (although I don't agree when Mr Edgelord said they should "kill the kids"), but keeping them in the White Base makes sense, since it's a show aimed at a younger audience aswell.
Mar 15, 2019 9:56 AM

Feb 2017
I wish I had a friendly orange robot who served me juice and ice cream.
Mar 3, 2020 1:59 PM

May 2018
Lmao we did not even know what Char's mission was this episode except for planting the bombs and he still failed straight away!
Oct 20, 2020 2:27 AM

Jun 2016
The moment I saw this episode was going to focus on the orphans, I thought people may have a problem with it. I've seen people take issue with the characters before, which I can understand, although ultimately I think this was a really good episode. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that everyone agreed.

As Kai said in the end, although vocalizing it wasn't even necessary, family was what this explored. By going to the orphanage, and seeing the miserable kids who missed their families, it would be like abandoning the one that they had formed. And by rejecting the orphanage, we saw everybody working together like a family. The three kids by themselves, such as Kikka trying to act tough and the other ones looking out for her or the amount of teamwork the three put in to unshackle themselves and stop the bombs. Teamwork from Amuro and Kai as Amuro took over the car, and Kai pulled each kid to his car, both feeling like big brothers. Another clear aspect was everybody looking for them, but especially Fraw, who felt like a big sister who had a hard time letting them go.

Although not as explicit, it also made me reflect on the Mom/Dad dynamic of Mirai/Bright, as well as Bright telling the others that they'd probably enjoy touring without him like a sweetheart. It also made me reflect on Amuro's reaction to the treatment of Ryu. That was like losing a brother and the Federation simply slapped a few promotions on him after death. I understand why it could feel like a lack of respect.

So yeah, I like this episode a whole lot because of how strongly it made everybody work together and feel like family. For such a bleak show, having a silver lining like this feels really good. I also couldn't help but crack a laugh upon seeing Kikka running and casually stating she had a bomb, or smiling at Amuro like: hey there were bombs!!! Which is a good segway to mention the fact that we are prioritizing family staying together over safety. This isn't outright stated as they were almost killed while staying in the orphanage, there's danger everywhere. However, one can absolutely imagine White Base is far more dangerous. That said, I don't think we're going to kill children that we've become this attached to in the series so they'll probably be fine.

I also think that Amuro comparing the promotions to his grade school diploma was a strong reminder that we shouldn't forget he's a kid too.
Nov 1, 2020 12:15 PM

Aug 2017
The kids were great helping with the bombs and developing as characters, not so much individually. But the best part was the second meeting between Sayla and Char. I think Mirai suspects something!

So, they're going to use the White Base as a decoy? Back to space!

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 8, 2021 10:39 PM

Jul 2017
This might be my favorite episode yet. It was super tense, and I really wasn't sure what would happen. It brought attention to the kids, and it was good to see their perspective.
Mar 1, 2021 12:04 AM
Feb 2020
Okay that's more like it Kai. Those kids Whoa! Those kids are BAD. They're fighting for thr future.

Sayla, Princess Honey, Every Life your psychotic brother has taken from the first time you let him go in the first ep and once again when his men who dgaf about killing children is on you.

That was better from Amuro this ep. Right out the Gate. Enemy Located and Shoot. Enemy ahead out of sight no matter Shoot and Shoot. Out of Ammo. No pause. No useless what do I do what do I do what do I do... Out of ammo no problem right arm rotation at shouder joint. Arm down and thrust and extend energy sword and Sayonara M***** F****** and right on to the next one.

Mirai showed some good fighting spirit. Get her trained and Get her in the Flying G-Armour thing with the Double Beam Guns.
May 4, 2021 12:12 PM
Apr 2019
This episode gave me hope that those kids would finally die, even though I knew it was inevitable that they'd live...
Aug 2, 2021 4:03 AM

Oct 2012
Had to chuckle when Amuro dodged the first slap. By now he got slapped so many times that he sees it coming now.

Those kids disarming the bombs and saving the day was pretty awesome. Brave little brats <3 Though I think keeping them on board of White Base is still a bit irresposible, especially if it's used as a decoy, lol.

Char acknowledging Amuro's skill and Char meeting his sister again were another two highlights.

Good episode!
Jul 15, 2022 1:42 PM
Mar 2019
the zeon mobile suits are getting more and more ridiculous looking

they peaked at those black zakus awhile back
Aug 14, 2022 1:18 PM

Dec 2021
Honestly was expecting the kids to die. Pretty decent episode despite focusing on the worst characters of the show.
Aug 14, 2022 1:26 PM

Dec 2021
Just read through the discussion and was surprised with how many people loved this episode.
Nov 6, 2022 10:19 PM

May 2019
Good for Amuro for speaking his mind, it is a bunch of garbage that they're officially involuntary soldiers and that Ryu and the others only get a promotion to show for their deaths. I was so scared for the kids but they did well. The meeting between Char and Sayla was intense. Kind of a boring battle with Gundam wrecking everything and Char running away again, although it is indicative of his intelligence to know when to retreat. Kai standing up for the kids surprised me. They wouldn't really be safe anywhere regardless.
Jan 24, 2023 8:45 PM

Jun 2022
Those users who posted earlier saying that the kids in Eureka 7 are more annoying than these one's need to gtfo. There both annoying don't get me wrong, but while Maurice Mater and Linck were unbearably annoying at times, at least they had some decent character development and where all somewhat distinguishable form each other. Katz, Letz, and Kikka are arguably even worse, sure they contributed to the plot this episode but their character designs are hideous and their voice acting is ear-grating. Literally every scene they've been in before this has been irrelevant comic relief.
May 12, 2023 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
char and Kayla meet curios if she will betray the white base and the federation clearly are the good guys I still am curios gif in the fire series we will have a zeon protaginsts case some aeons rated for there ally's
Aug 1, 2023 7:12 AM

Jul 2017
i'm really loving this show, this episode with yhe kids especially
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Nov 23, 2023 6:40 PM

Feb 2020
Ooh Char's plan was foiled by little toddlers whahaha wow
that was unexpected ouch
Amuro's still cleaning up MS like served hotcakes my poor Zeon bois

Feb 6, 3:05 AM
May 2023
Glad too see those children get some character development they constantly needed. Speaking of development, Kai went from being a hateable/punchable guy in the beginning of the series to a rather cool and somewhat responsible guy now. Also, props to Amuro for dodging that first slap lol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

102 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 26, 2008

79 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 14, 8:36 PM

» Complete Watch order

Grontan - Jan 2

15 by JoniGamer1996 »»
Apr 1, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mell4444 - Mar 25, 2010

53 by T3RCK_Z »»
Mar 12, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Apr 6, 2008

59 by KitsuFrost »»
Feb 22, 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.