Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2010 2:39 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A sad departure but a new adventure. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 15, 2011 4:59 PM

May 2010
so touching..so emotional :o( doctorine was scary throwing those knives.. I really thought she wasn't going to let chopper leave haha and the sled and reindeer had a nostalgic image of Santa claus LOLs
Nov 5, 2015 6:47 AM

Jan 2014
*goosebumps*
The most emotional scene so far.
Feb 13, 2017 12:46 PM

Mar 2008
beautiful chapter :)
Feb 26, 2017 2:58 AM

Aug 2007
These Chopper chapters really make me cry. So beautiful <3
Mar 2, 2017 11:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the Kureha tears, emotinal and sad chapter!!!! ; _ ;
Nov 5, 2017 7:05 PM

Dec 2016
The Cherry Blossom Explosion Tree was the best sendoff Chopper could've asked for and I couldn't be happier for my lil boy!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 16, 2017 7:42 PM

Dec 2015
He did it, after 30 years he really did it!! :))
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 4, 2017 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
This was better in the anime, you can't see the difference between the snow and the sakura in the manga.
That farewell was sad and funny at the same time.
Jul 1, 2020 10:59 PM
Dec 2019
Okay, I gotta rant about this a little bit, please indulge me.

I am so tired of these moments where domestic abuse is disguised as "tough love" in order to force conflict, just to ultimately end on the "just kidding love you be safe" sentiment. Not only is it an inherently problematic choice that has not aged well, but it was *literally done already* in the Baratie arc with the infamous soup scene.

(To jog some memories, Zeff literally decked Sanji with a left hook and sent him flying, and for what? It's not deep that he used his fists instead of his peg leg, it's still just abuse lmao).

An open letter to writers: let's think of other ways to create conditions in which characters make life-changing decisions that does not always have to do with the manipulative backhand of authority figures over their impressionable students, yeah? It's trite, and it's not at all as poignant as it wants to be.

This arc has been pretty decent otherwise. Not as exciting as the previous two, but Chopper is a welcome and interesting addition to the crew.
May 29, 2022 1:51 PM

May 2021
I felt Chopper's scream upon seeing the success of the research.

neonevangelist said:
To jog some memories, Zeff literally decked Sanji with a left hook and sent him flying, and for what? It's not deep that he used his fists instead of his peg leg, it's still just abuse lmao

That would be incorrect. Its a sign of respect between two cooks who also happen to be, well, combatants. Its pirate culture. Its not "just abuse".

Jun 2, 2022 10:15 AM

Apr 2021
Ngl the ending was beautiful, One Piece really is something else.
Aug 21, 2022 12:53 AM

Dec 2020
neonevangelist said:
Okay, I gotta rant about this a little bit, please indulge me.

I am so tired of these moments where domestic abuse is disguised as "tough love" in order to force conflict, just to ultimately end on the "just kidding love you be safe" sentiment. Not only is it an inherently problematic choice that has not aged well, but it was *literally done already* in the Baratie arc with the infamous soup scene.

(To jog some memories, Zeff literally decked Sanji with a left hook and sent him flying, and for what? It's not deep that he used his fists instead of his peg leg, it's still just abuse lmao).

An open letter to writers: let's think of other ways to create conditions in which characters make life-changing decisions that does not always have to do with the manipulative backhand of authority figures over their impressionable students, yeah? It's trite, and it's not at all as poignant as it wants to be.

This arc has been pretty decent otherwise. Not as exciting as the previous two, but Chopper is a welcome and interesting addition to the crew.

Yeah. I agree. It is a trite. An overused trope. I don't like these "act tough" farewells. Why not have the mentor actually encourage their student to go on a journey and live their life the way they want instead of chasing them away?
Feb 7, 2023 10:37 PM

Feb 2021
It was pretty obvious that Kureha was trying to chase Chopper away. Basically, she wanted to make him leave on his own. Almost like how the chefs at Baratie made Sanji leave.

I really like that representation of a Sakura tree. I love how the snow peaks act as the trunk of the 'sakura tree' and the snow acts as the 'petals'. Hiriluk's goal was finally achieved. Made me tear up a bit lol. The anime did it better though

And with that Chopper finally joins our crew!
DeonXFeb 7, 2023 10:56 PM

Apr 29, 2023 11:48 AM

Jan 2021
Another chapter that made me tear up... I'm so glad Chopper got to see the doctor's work in action before he left, Chopper really hasn't lived a great life but it will start from here! I hope it only goes up from here for Chopper, please no more pain for chopper!

Also the panel with Chopper in front of the moon with the straw hats was really cool
Jul 29, 2023 11:32 AM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Aw, I knew Dr. Kureha didn't mean it.

The goodbyes are always so sad :<

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.