Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sekirei
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 30, 2010 2:46 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like they're still keeping the Jinki in the story after changing up the order of things; making many people think (myself included) that they omitted it from the story when Matsu was doing her explaining.
Sep 30, 2010 11:11 PM

Jun 2009
MEH nato wtf

Karasuba too powerful even vs 6 Sekirei

Disciplinary Squad break time haha

Seo ftw

Injury scenes lol
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 1, 2010 12:26 AM

Nov 2007
meh why the complete shit anime original ending if they hint at season 3 anyway? I guess it's not completely ruined but I just found the ending dumb.
Oct 2, 2010 6:29 AM

Jun 2009
Chiho. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 3, 2010 5:26 AM

Jul 2010
I wonder if there will be a season 3 of this anime?
yeo
Oct 3, 2010 7:21 AM

Jul 2010
Aaah, still no real conclusion? Hmm ok ,a season 3 would be nice though.
Minato and his sister still haven't met and still don't know about each other's sekirei. -_-

Well it was a nice season 2 and now on to season 3!

Oct 3, 2010 9:36 PM

Sep 2009
This wasn't bad to me. It kept me entertained. I will look at season 3 whenever it comes out.
Oct 5, 2010 1:08 AM

Nov 2009
5/5! I seriously love this anime yeah! I guess there will be a season 3!
MUSUBI-CHAN <3
Oct 7, 2010 3:43 AM
Jul 2008
Don't really like it, the battle over Homura was far more epic than this, and the ending is bad.
Oct 9, 2010 1:13 PM

Jul 2010
saxophone15 said:
This wasn't bad to me. It kept me entertained. I will look at season 3 whenever it comes out.

I hope there will be a season 3, I just can't gt enough of those BB ojosans.
yeo
Oct 19, 2010 1:22 PM

Mar 2008
Again, that season ends with many question unanswered. I suppose it'll come to a conclusion with season 3... And i hope we'll not have to wait 2 years to get it ^^;
Oct 27, 2010 10:04 PM

Oct 2009
Miya better do something in the 3rd season or i am going to RAAAGE!
Jan 15, 2011 3:39 PM

Nov 2007
Can't wait for season 3, more epic Kazehana-ness!
Jan 15, 2011 3:39 PM

Nov 2007
Can't wait for season 3, more epic Kazehana-ness!
Mar 3, 2011 10:42 PM
Oct 2008
I liked the ending, overall this season was a lot better than the first season. Kazahana is my favorite Sekirei with Tsukiumi in second place and Matsu in 3rd.

Does anyone know the name or artist of the insert song that played when Musubi fought Karasuba?
Mar 20, 2011 9:36 PM

Sep 2008
Okay, first off, Karasuba is freaking scary. :( The ending was not bad, but I'm sure it could be better. Either way, I hope we can get another season before the end of the year.
Apr 19, 2011 2:51 PM

Apr 2011
Minaka Hiroto..... I love that villain XD
My mission: Save the world! My weapons: a controller, a bunch of friends and lots of Anime!
May 7, 2011 12:02 PM
May 2011
Alright, I'm tired of hearing people complain. For an ecchi this show has shown great potential and I've come to respect the writers for it. I'm sad to see Uzume go but her deactivation showed the writers intend to go deeper with the story than just another harem where everyone is happy and it all works out. Almost every story telling medium is meant to get the viewer/readers involved emotionally with the characters. You're supposed to dive into the story whole heartedly and take what experience from it that you can and you should enjoy it and you can't do that if you nit pick the small crap. Honestly, I hope they continue to explore how dark this story concept could be because there are not enough anime's out there that are intellectually and emotionally developed with the ecchi theme.

TLDR Stop bitching and accept Sekirei for what it is; a developing story with great potential and a unique concept exploring death, life, and love.
May 16, 2011 12:06 AM

Apr 2011
That was good, but now.. is either wait about 2 years for an unsure third season or read the manga...
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
May 19, 2011 2:35 AM
Apr 2011
K-Shuun said:
That was good, but now.. is either wait about 2 years for an unsure third season or read the manga...

check out the manga its really informative on whats about to happen in the anime. you will better understand the jinki and their purpose and im sure they will release another season sooner than that. Im thinking we will get an announcement of release date later this year and maybe it gets released at the end of the year or beginning of next year
Jun 19, 2011 10:59 PM

Oct 2010
Both OVAs where rather funny and I gave this a chance, but comedy base on just ecchi can only take you so far. The fights was meh and most of the time were just harem arguments.
Minaka Hiroto is probably the best thing in this show. He is an interesting and smart character, and it makes me wonder why not making at least one more like him rather than what they delivered. Minato can barely pop an idea by himself and everyone keeps either lying or hiding information from each other and things like "the Uzimi incident" happen.

5/10 - Does a nice job on the ecchi department, but that is it.

I was laughing so hard when Uzume got deactivated, specially when at the end if she would have open her mouth they could have done something for Chiho.

wagtail said:
TLDR Stop bitching and accept Sekirei for what it is; a developing story with great potential and a unique concept exploring death, life, and love.

Ok, maybe its just me, maybe i just picked the wrong show to watcha nd it ended up not been my cup of tea. But I rate what I see , I dont read or care about the manga. This season of the anime was terrible and if a 3rd season come (and if im bored enough to watch it) I'll rate that season higher if it deserves it.

Nevertheless, everyone is entitled to its own opinion and some people might actually find this enjoyable.
huh?
Jul 10, 2011 3:00 PM

Jan 2009
lolrocket out of fucking nowhere.
Though I was kind of hoping Miya would appear when everything seemed hopeless. That would've been so much more win than Musubi getting some random power-up. Never like Musubi.

Oh, well, finally finished it. Sure took a while.
Aaaaand season 2 ends exactly like season 1, with whatever-his-face-crazy-mastermind more or less going "This isn't the end, harr harr harr!"
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 23, 2011 10:50 PM

Sep 2010
Decent ending. If there's a third season I'll watch it I guess.
Jul 29, 2011 2:51 PM

Dec 2007
Just finished this series. Am I supposed to believe Karasuba can take this entire group just 'cause she blocked their attacks? 'Cause before she appeared, a fucking BUILDING collapsed on them. (Karasuba even goes so far as to say they can barely stand...and Matsu STILL calculates a one-on-one battle would end in a draw.)

Of course, it's kinda BS that Kazehana had trouble fighting an opponent she beat in mere seconds earlier this same season, but mehhhh....I still think she could've won if they hadn't sealed her powers off.

But it seems like the anime has deviated quite a bit from the manga, and that makes me pretty sad.

But I liked this series quite a bit overall. It's leaps and bounds better than most harem series. Hopefully there's a Season 3 next year, if there's enough to adapt.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 3, 2012 1:45 AM
May 2011
SageShinigami said:
Of course, it's kinda BS that Kazehana had trouble fighting an opponent she beat in mere seconds earlier this same season, but mehhhh....I still think she could've won if they hadn't sealed her powers off.

You have to remember, When kazehana took on that girl (I dont remember her name), It was right after she had just emerged. She used her incantation against her. Thats why she beat her with ease.
Jan 10, 2012 8:26 AM

Dec 2007
Sigh. In the first season Musubi was able to jump past the clouds. But instead of doing that lets run up the tower along side Minato (instead of carrying him) slowly up the stairs...

Muffin447 said:
SageShinigami said:

You have to remember, When kazehana took on that girl (I dont remember her name), It was right after she had just emerged. She used her incantation against her. Thats why she beat her with ease.

So many times and places they could have used the incantation...
Jan 28, 2012 12:55 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty much the same ending as the first season, with the age-old "It ain't over" look from the game master.
Jan 30, 2012 8:17 AM

Dec 2011
This is one of my favorite series of all time starting from now :D 9.5/10

Although I don't quite understand and agree with some points...(most of them are in episode 13 of pure engagement ONLY. Some applies for the other episodes :D)

Don't understand:
-Why are they so noob against #4(black sekirei)??? Is she that god like?
-How the f*** did they survive the explosion and the debris falling on them or any damage at that time, and end up at the same place?(after the boomz!)
-Why minato no give more kisses?!(yes that's purposely trollglish.-lol??)Give noritos!(or what? I forgot the spelling xD Yeah u know the kisssss "ritual" then d sekireis power become super pro??)
-When te fight between #4 and #5 ended(#4 dropped out.), why did #4 not go and stop matsu? Where was she?
-Why is s2 pure engagement censored?

Don't agree:
-Nice bombing eh?... Wtf.
-Haha yeah president stuck there. Be stuck there longer! Bitch! XD
-The ending is super anti-climax,(---> Good) BUt attracts viewers to watch the next season!(Y)

Well, that's all! Except for those, I like the other parts! I LOVE the ecchi ALOT. I hope the third season will come out soon!

Ps: I love sekirei and think each season should be longer in episodes. They should use 24 episodes per season style already!!! Oh yeah- Am I the only one who does now know wtf is matsu and minaka(or who? The president name is mispelt or something???) is holding at the end... You know, the glass bottle thingy that has the number on it? (minaka 1, matsu-or minato 8)

Go Go Sekirei! You rock! 😍
uhh...
Jan 30, 2012 8:23 AM

Dec 2011
Oosran said:
lolrocket out of fucking nowhere.
Though I was kind of hoping Miya would appear when everything seemed hopeless. That would've been so much more win than Musubi getting some random power-up. Never like Musubi.

Oh, well, finally finished it. Sure took a while.
Aaaaand season 2 ends exactly like season 1, with whatever-his-face-crazy-mastermind more or less going "This isn't the end, harr harr harr!"
t

I thought Miya would come out as well. Until I recalled that she said #1 is dead... Maybe the next season, all their lives are in danger, then Miya will act. HOPEFULLY. Nicknamed battleship sinker. Go go! Season 3!!
uhh...
Jan 30, 2012 8:28 AM

Dec 2011
Day2Dream said:
Sigh. In the first season Musubi was able to jump past the clouds. But instead of doing that lets run up the tower along side Minato (instead of carrying him) slowly up the stairs...

So many times and places they could have used the incantation...

Yeah ikik... They should've use the incantation. The best excuse I would accept from
The director is that minato has to kiss 6 sekireis continuously to power them up together, which will be super anti-climax if there's no special effect or any shit. If minato only kissed masubi, the others will be jealous and rage.

So yeah. That's the best excuse I can accept. The others will make me rage.
uhh...
Jan 30, 2012 5:32 PM

Dec 2011
Oh yeah... Why dint minato's sister meet up with minato?!? I was waiting for 1 and a half season for that to happen!!
uhh...
Feb 4, 2012 4:00 PM

Nov 2011
I was... disappointed with the ending to this. I think the exploding tower and being sent into space makes this a bit more comical, and considering the genre, it is rather neat, BUT I do believe that the fight between Musubi and Kazehana should never have happened. It was rather anticlimactic, and should have been saved until later when a fair fight could make some sort of sense. If it is that easy to become that much stronger, then why didn't they during the bridge escape scene in season one and such? I do look forward to a third season, but they really lost a lot of tension in the series from these last few episodes.

Just a thought, but while whatshisface in charge of the Sekirei plan is stuck in space, couldn't Matsu hack into the MBI satellite to simply fry him right there? Of course, if the series actually ending like that, it wouldn't even be worth watching. Another thought while I watched this is, while the building was blowing up, considering that Ku can grow plants as large as she does, couldn't she use the sprouts Matsu drops while hacking the central tower computer to hold it together? Lastly, didn't that building fall on Kazehana as well as Minato's sekirei? Shouldn't she be at least SLIGHTLY injured? This, in my opinion, was a failure of a season closer. It doesn't mean I wont watch season three though!
Feb 10, 2012 12:11 AM

Jan 2008
once i got to the last 3 episodes of this show, i thought i was going to be raging everywhere because there was no possible way to end the story with the amount of time left, or the fact that they were basically on a rescue mission for chiho. i am glad that tehre is supposed to be a third season BUT I AM STILL RAGING PISSED that it is 2012, two years after this show has finished and S3 still isn't out. i'll be waiting for it.
Mar 4, 2012 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
Just finished it. Decent ending, was kinda hoping that his sister would find out about his harem >.>
Mar 23, 2012 12:43 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting conclusion to this series tbh. I certainly don't remember the fight of Kurasaba vs... all those girls in the manga.
Mar 27, 2012 6:47 AM

Jul 2011
this episode had a good ending well i expected it but still it was good
i give the whole season 8/10
Jul 2, 2012 6:33 PM
Jun 2012
there will be a third season right? there was a "to be continued" at the end of episode 13
Nov 13, 2012 7:14 AM

Jul 2012
it was decent the fight was pretty good though but where's the third season?
Dec 16, 2012 4:08 PM

Mar 2012
most of you need to man up and accept the fact its a comedy not a serious anime, and a harem to boot, if they ever do make an ending it wont be a single sekirei/ashikabi pair left...its gonna be a crowd pleaser in which they all live out their lives with minato i watched for comedy, as i figured as much with any harem the story isnt the focus, two seasons down 1 major character death and 6 main girls with one guy, 8/10 for second season

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 9, 2013 2:17 PM

Sep 2012
i ton't read manga & ton't care how much dose it match with manga but for some who mite want to know :), in manga Sekirei: Pure Engagement starts after Kagari becomes Minatos Sekirei, that's how it wold be if they wold have follow'd manga story 100%, & the part were they fight with Uzume shod be EP 1 or 2, & when Uzume appears 2 Minatos Sekireis are on the way to MBI to get the cure for Chiho, & there is no fight at the tower like it was in here, & if i remember correctly stage 3 started in season 1 (if they wold have followed manga story 100%), Pure Engagement starts at chap 100, & 3th stage starts at chap 74, Minato tells Uzume that they are on their way to get the cure & she stops & turns on the other Sekire who were there to assist her of crushing them, the fighting took place at front of Miya & their home, & Uzume died there, BDW later on Miya decides to join Minato's team, in other words she wont be like she was before, sitting back & watching them only, she starts to act, its far from over but i wont spoil the manga more then i have :), i only spoiled ferry little part of the manga, my point is that there is a lot more & its still not finished
Apr 3, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2009
I liked the second season as much as the first season. Musubi is still my favorite character in this series. That Minaka is one crazy bastard. Hopefully, another season will come and it will be as entertaining as the first two.

Jun 21, 2013 8:24 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmm is it just me or nothing really significant happened this season?

This ep was fairly bad..also way too much drama for me :/
But still quite enjoyable, hopefully S3 will have some more proper story and fights..

7/10
Jul 26, 2013 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Where the season 3 at man....

Good second season of this series as well, Gets a 9/10 from me.
Aug 18, 2013 12:03 PM
Aug 2013
All I got to say is, ANIME!? Y U FINISHED!?
Aug 24, 2013 9:43 PM
Jun 2010
I will now catch up the manga!
Sep 11, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Oh my god. They need the 3rd season to come out soon!!!

Matsu had one of those crystal too and if I'm correct, she had the number 8 on hers while Minaka had number 1.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Dec 24, 2013 10:39 PM
Nov 2013
This was a pretty good season imo, although they left a whole lot of business unfinished and at this point I am skeptical there will be a 3rd season. :(

If there is a 3rd season things I would like to see:

1. Miya get off her butt and get involved, all the Sekirei fear her yet to this point her only role has been a building manager and trainer.

2. Matsu get a more prominent part and possibly show some semblance of fighting skills. Being a computer whiz/hacker is cool and all, but if those are her only skills she ends up being super weak compared to the rest. Even as weak as she is she's still my favorite character and I'd like to see her show improvement.

3 Tsukiumi stop being so jealous and possessive all the time. Seriously, why would Minato choose her given her terrible attitude?

4. Kazehana needs to be stronger....for the #3 sekirei she is weak as all hell.

5. Homura I am hoping has desires to become a full fledged woman as it is just weird him/her remaining gender undetermined....

6. Minaka.......just die you megalomaniac piece of dung.

7. Lastly I would like to see Yukari learn that her brother is also an Ashikabi and meet the women in his life.....this has taken far too long as is. Also I feel bad that she only has one sekirei and if Homura wants to be a man I would like to see him hook up with her with Minato's blessings.

At this point a 3rd season seems like a long shot, but this anime was really good and it'd be a waste to not finish it properly. The season gets a 9/10 from me.....same as season 1. The specials and OVA's I gave a 7/10 because even though they were amusing they really didn't add a whole lot to the series besides entertainment value.
Jan 20, 2014 9:22 PM

Jan 2008
Wow I am disappointed to be honest n i just had that feeling i was going have a problem with it but as far as I am concerned I wont watch it again unless they have a season 3 n even then I might now.
Mar 18, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2008
Between Miya and Yume,who is stronger?

Really hope there's season 3. Good thing I watch this in 2014. It's already 3-4 years now. Hopefully,I won't have to wait long for season 3.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 24, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2008
The so called Game Master is quite a joke :) Standing 2 season long on the top of the clock tower and announcing shit over and over until it's game over XD The plot is so weak. Fanservice aside :) The only thing which get me watching this is the decent animation quality.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is this the best animated show from Seven Arcs?

Karma1100 - Feb 7, 2023

6 by Karma1100 »»
Feb 8, 2023 10:45 AM

» sekirei season 3?

Cherrybottom34 - Jan 16, 2014

14 by Sekire88 »»
Feb 2, 2023 7:37 AM

» What manga chapter does the anime end at?

Yvese - Jul 8, 2012

5 by KuroHoshi69 »»
Sep 24, 2022 4:58 PM

Poll: » Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 25, 2010

63 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 17, 2022 8:43 PM

» Question about Renewal

KhGojo - Jul 14, 2022

2 by Domitian »»
Jul 15, 2022 9:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.