Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sekirei
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 3, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2009
I liked the second season as much as the first season. Musubi is still my favorite character in this series. That Minaka is one crazy bastard. Hopefully, another season will come and it will be as entertaining as the first two.

Jun 21, 2013 8:24 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmm is it just me or nothing really significant happened this season?

This ep was fairly bad..also way too much drama for me :/
But still quite enjoyable, hopefully S3 will have some more proper story and fights..

7/10
Jul 26, 2013 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Where the season 3 at man....

Good second season of this series as well, Gets a 9/10 from me.
Aug 18, 2013 12:03 PM
Aug 2013
All I got to say is, ANIME!? Y U FINISHED!?
Aug 24, 2013 9:43 PM
Jun 2010
I will now catch up the manga!
Sep 11, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Oh my god. They need the 3rd season to come out soon!!!

Matsu had one of those crystal too and if I'm correct, she had the number 8 on hers while Minaka had number 1.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Dec 24, 2013 10:39 PM
Nov 2013
This was a pretty good season imo, although they left a whole lot of business unfinished and at this point I am skeptical there will be a 3rd season. :(

If there is a 3rd season things I would like to see:

1. Miya get off her butt and get involved, all the Sekirei fear her yet to this point her only role has been a building manager and trainer.

2. Matsu get a more prominent part and possibly show some semblance of fighting skills. Being a computer whiz/hacker is cool and all, but if those are her only skills she ends up being super weak compared to the rest. Even as weak as she is she's still my favorite character and I'd like to see her show improvement.

3 Tsukiumi stop being so jealous and possessive all the time. Seriously, why would Minato choose her given her terrible attitude?

4. Kazehana needs to be stronger....for the #3 sekirei she is weak as all hell.

5. Homura I am hoping has desires to become a full fledged woman as it is just weird him/her remaining gender undetermined....

6. Minaka.......just die you megalomaniac piece of dung.

7. Lastly I would like to see Yukari learn that her brother is also an Ashikabi and meet the women in his life.....this has taken far too long as is. Also I feel bad that she only has one sekirei and if Homura wants to be a man I would like to see him hook up with her with Minato's blessings.

At this point a 3rd season seems like a long shot, but this anime was really good and it'd be a waste to not finish it properly. The season gets a 9/10 from me.....same as season 1. The specials and OVA's I gave a 7/10 because even though they were amusing they really didn't add a whole lot to the series besides entertainment value.
Jan 20, 2014 9:22 PM

Jan 2008
Wow I am disappointed to be honest n i just had that feeling i was going have a problem with it but as far as I am concerned I wont watch it again unless they have a season 3 n even then I might now.
Mar 18, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2008
Between Miya and Yume,who is stronger?

Really hope there's season 3. Good thing I watch this in 2014. It's already 3-4 years now. Hopefully,I won't have to wait long for season 3.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 24, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2008
The so called Game Master is quite a joke :) Standing 2 season long on the top of the clock tower and announcing shit over and over until it's game over XD The plot is so weak. Fanservice aside :) The only thing which get me watching this is the decent animation quality.
Apr 25, 2014 9:27 AM
Jun 2013
entertaining show.If a season 3 happens ill watch.I really like how wacky that scientiest is.
May 1, 2014 2:12 AM
Aug 2013
Story: 8
Animation: 7
Sound: 7 (I only rate OP & background mus.)
Character: 10
Enjoyment:8

Overall: 8

Im looking forward fo the next season.
May 8, 2014 2:37 PM

Dec 2012
At first I was worried that they were going to end on a cliffhanger, but then the last few episodes made me worry that it was going to reach a rushed, definite ending. And while it averted that path, it still ended on a bit of a sour cliffhanger. I don't really like when sequels regurgitate the endings of their prequels, especially when I'm left hanging.

It's not to say I didn't enjoy this season though, it was a fun ride with more of the same ecchi wise. Minato's stuttering and beta male reactions got to be a bit unbearable by the end, but otherwise the rest of the cast was still solid. Especially seeing more of Benitsubasa. This season felt a bit lacking compared to the first one and the conclusion left a bad taste in my mouth. Nevertheless, it was still enjoyable and I welcome more should it ever come back. 7/10
Jun 11, 2014 10:59 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending I must say, while it ended rather open and would love to see another sequel I must say that I quite liked the story up until now! Pretty decent development in both story and character so all in all a good anime I must say!
Jul 2, 2014 7:00 PM

Jun 2012
Was nice to see them again, been a while since I watched the first season. Story didn't develop as much as I would have liked, but it definitely was funny and enjoyable. Would definitely like to see a continuation, it's been like 4 years since this "To be continued" screen, so better be soon!
Jul 18, 2014 8:10 AM
Sep 2010
I really do hope they come out with another season it is a great show with a lot of good action, story and great character's.
Aug 11, 2014 12:07 PM

Feb 2009
i agree with Minata being annoying as fok. it would have been nice if he manned up once or twice. I've seen more emo pussies, but always stuttering and complaining. ugh. Would have been nice to see some personality progression instead of the same incredulity that occured every scene he was in

Aside from that and the plot of sister x brother cross paths through 2 seasons yet never quite meet. haha that shit drives me bananas. i see it for what it is, trying to build brand loyalty and suspense. The same thing happened with the wheel chair girl plotline, they would show us the hospital scene in almost every other episode. I got really sick of seeing that and having nothing progress.
Nov 18, 2014 8:18 PM

Aug 2014
hmmm..

- i assume those Jinki crystals were placed at the end of the anime to encourage people to go read the manga

- Minato and his sister didn't meet up?! /rage

- I just realized this but Natsuo (the ashikabi of the DS) must be pretty alpha to wife up Karasuba as his sekirei haha

- overall happy ending, off to the manga I go.
Jan 12, 2015 10:05 AM
Jan 2015
I love Tsukiumi.

Well, the second season indeed left a bad mouth taste. Should've had a conclusion if they knew they wouldnt do a third season.

I tried reading the manga but its so bad drawed that i was raging of how much it sucks.

I'm really depressed that we'll never see the anime again.

SOmeone kind enough could tell me how the manga ended?
Feb 3, 2015 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
Well second season had better animation, but the last few episodes kind of led it to a cliffhanger. A cliffhanger which we wont ever be able to climb from since there wont be a season 3 five years after season 2.

Might jump to the manga just for more Tsukiumi and Kazehana.

Oh and of course more Kuu, because never enough Kuu.
Feb 24, 2015 3:59 PM

Jul 2009
It's been almost 5 years already? Damn i feel old >.< At the end of season 2 was clear "to be continued" message and (afaik) manga still didn't end so maybe we will see S3 eventually, at least i hope so...
worthless the pledges, all vows but lies...

Apr 6, 2015 4:05 PM

Jan 2012
the white haired guy is still alive.this anime need a third season

Apr 15, 2015 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
Wow what a shitty ending... Well the last 3 episodes were kinda bad, but overall it was still enjoyable. 6/10
Aug 15, 2015 9:18 AM
Feb 2015
Man season 2 aired a long time ago and we still haven't seen a season 3 anouncement yet :( we do have a cliffhanger but I just hope it comes out...

I'm glad everyone is safe but I really wanted kuu to meet her brother... But we either have to wait much longer or read the manga...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jan 1, 2016 1:11 AM

Apr 2012
Too bad that there isn't a third season yet. I really enjoyed the second season and want to see more. I guess I will start reading the manga asap.
Jan 1, 2016 1:31 AM
Dec 2015
so does anone know if there will be another season?? its been awhile and i havent heard anything!!
Mar 2, 2016 1:27 PM
May 2013
I'm used to F/SN game style so this seems soft .
Minato needs to be more manly , I think I'm starting to like Higa more than him .
I will pick the manga until S3 comes out , if it comes out.
Apr 2, 2016 10:46 AM
Apr 2016
Hey guys if any of you can answer this well please do but my question is what chapter in the manga for sekirei is season 2 episode 13 located in and PLEASE REPLY
Apr 30, 2016 1:25 AM
Apr 2016
I liked the ending honestly. I know the beginning diverged from the manga a little and also they killed off Uzume before the manga was going to, but it was still cool. I don't think anime needs to follow manga exactly as long as it mostly follows it. Also, Kazehana is weaker than Karasuba because Kazehana spent her time getting drunk because she was heart broken and Karasuba never dropped her intent to kill. If you've ever seen Kenshin, you'd know when he was Battousai the manslayer, people feared him, yet 10 years of wandering made him weaker and rusty. The concept is the same with Kazehana. She's still strong but not as strong as Karasuba anymore. She was nearly even to 2 of the discipline sqad before being winged. That's honestly pretty strong. When she was winged, they were no problem for her. I think the reason all of them combined would only draw her is because they all already fought in previous battles and were nearly killed from the collapse of the tower.
May 20, 2016 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the ending. Hope a season 3 comes out.
Jun 30, 2016 4:24 AM

Feb 2015
overall, it's a fun and entertaining series tho in the end, in the last 3 or 2 episode i had a very complicated feelings towards this anime same like in the first season last 3 or 2 episode. it felt like this show was trying to be so serious but at the same times it wasn't. it was like half assed effort. that what was i feel when i was watching the last 2 or 3 episode. and i still want to know where the other non-fuctional sekire. are they really died ? or not ? but in this season, Musubi made a promise with the no.10 sekire's ashikabi that she will bring her sekirei to her again. so i assume all of non-fuctional sekirei didn't die. second problem which bothers me in the last 3 or 2 episode is that Musubi's power witch connection when they got trapped inside the tower at the lowest floor. why musubi didn't just punch the ceiling to go to the top and use Hazekana's wind to fly to the top ? isn't that more easier ? or just destroy everything if that doesn't work. if i were him i would do that.

and i saw a few times a scene where a person seemed to injured a certain person but there was actually no injured/scratch on the person's body who got attacked. i feel like they were trying to cencor it ? lol that one kinda pissed me off somehow. they didn't show the minor gore like a little bit slice of a person's skin or something minor like that, but instead when it comes to blood, they showed it. if they really intended to cencored it then i think it was a very stupid desicion to cencored it like that.

but all of that problems which bothers me didn't really effect my enjoyment. a little bit but not too much. overall, i still enjoy and find this season entertaining to watch, although the last 2 or 3 episode a little bit weird for me. 8/10 from me but not solid. spesifically, 7.8/10 same like i rated the first season if i'm not wrong. if the ending didn't end up like that or if i didn't get bother my the ending, i would probaby scored it solid 8 xD

and the after credit scene; "To Be Continued"
6 years and no sequel so there will be no sequel. moreover the manga already ended. probably i will read the manga later if i really wanted to. and if they really made a sequel/third season, i hope they followed the manga properly cause i have seen some people said that the anime adaptation didn't follow the manga properly. so i really hope they would followed the manga and obviously, some improvement in animation xD
Jan 26, 2017 8:49 AM
Jul 2012
I have bad news. On February 9th, 2017, Funimation rights for Sekirei will expire, meaning that it will be removed from Funimation and it won't be streaming and will not be reprinted on DVD. Therefore, this is your last chance to see Sekirei in the anime before it will be gone. Luckily for me, I've already got Sekirei both seasons on Blu-ray and DVD Combo pack last year.
Mar 20, 2017 7:04 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty decent closer, happy they didn't do a rush ending. Seeing as Season 3 isn't going to be made anytime soon I look forward to reading the manga.
Aug 10, 2017 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
whothehellknows said:
that wasnt a bad ending :).. i was expecting yume to appear but nvm :)
and really.... i wannna see miya doing something else aside from sweeping in the front yard lol...

anndd oohhh.. how i wish we could see uzume and chiho together again :p

That's excatly all of my thougts too
When they skip 2 year in 2 minutes, or make 2 minutes 2 episodes long
Nov 5, 2017 4:22 AM

May 2016
Not a bad ending I kinda liked how it ended I don't think there will be a third season now gotta read the manga 7/10
Jan 24, 2018 11:13 PM
Nov 2017
NOt a bad season. Felt a bit rushed, and I wish some more characters were fleshed out, but overall a solid 8 for me. I will miss this a bit
Aug 15, 2019 7:57 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty lame. At least the first season's conflict felt like there was someone to root for. The setup was super boring, and with all of that coming to a head with tower shenanigans I had a hard time giving a shit. Too focused on blitzkrieg keyboard hacking and traps to have any real satisfying (as much as it can be) combat or interesting interactions among characters in-battle. It was like they neutered everyone's personalities in the final episodes, like Benitsubasa wasn't even fun to watch. I feel like the season started out solidly enough but deflated once Uzume's stuff became the impetus.

As a whole Sekirei was okay. The girls were hot, but collectively as a harem they were pretty boring and sometimes annoying. I don't say this often, but they were prime examples of one-note, never step outside the lines characters, they almost had that down to a science which is kinda impressive in a weird way. I liked the concept though, and thought that when the show had the main cast interacting with other characters, it could be decently entertaining. I definitely appreciated that the show slipped in gags here and there when things were getting too serious. That little bit of self-awareness made some of the awful writing more digestible. .Some of the fights. and the overall aesthetic, reminded me of Ikkitousen. But Sekirei doesn't really come close to it in my opinion, in terms of memorability or really anything else.
syncrogazerAug 15, 2019 8:06 PM
Nov 26, 2021 6:25 PM

Nov 2010
Now I see why it didn't get a S3. The plot didn't become interesting even after all Sekirei have been winged. Also, the more the story progressed, the more I found the MC lacking. He didn't get any interesting developments this season. That final battle was so so. 6/10

Anyway, I'm wanted to finish this show before I forgot about it. Time to go back to playing Rance VI. hehe
Aug 20, 2022 12:18 AM

May 2017
Season started off pretty good, but it got progressively worse towards the end. I still enjoyed it, especially the sekirei with their own unique quirks and personalities. The chaos and shenanigans that constantly unfolded on the Izumo inn was funny to watch too. On the downside we didn't get to see much of Homura after he/she became a sekirei, and I also never warmed up to Minato. I expected him to get some character development, but he remained the nice but pussy MC that doesn't do anything besides shout, freak out over everything and worst of all, not respond to the constant advances of all the cuties that want his d. Another anime that goes down the shitter thanks to these types of main characters, like fuck I'll choose an edgy degenerate main character over these overused bitch ass mfs any day. 5/10
Sep 22, 2022 2:21 PM

Aug 2018
This season started off well enough, but frankly since episode 8 its been tedious and a real burden to get through. The Big Bad is an awful character, I have no idea who Nematode's mother doesn't just slit his throat and be done with it. Too many mysteries and dangling ends also remain. I don't know who in their right mind though this series would get a third season.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is this the best animated show from Seven Arcs?

Karma1100 - Feb 7, 2023

6 by Karma1100 »»
Feb 8, 2023 10:45 AM

» sekirei season 3?

Cherrybottom34 - Jan 16, 2014

14 by Sekire88 »»
Feb 2, 2023 7:37 AM

» What manga chapter does the anime end at?

Yvese - Jul 8, 2012

5 by KuroHoshi69 »»
Sep 24, 2022 4:58 PM

Poll: » Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 25, 2010

63 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 17, 2022 8:43 PM

» Question about Renewal

KhGojo - Jul 14, 2022

2 by Domitian »»
Jul 15, 2022 9:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.