Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2012 6:53 PM

Apr 2010
I don't know any sports anime that could even be as good as Major.
Jun 22, 2012 7:53 AM

Feb 2008
I cried at the ending. After so many episodes i must say its sad to part with Goro.

Masterpiece
Oct 15, 2012 11:59 AM

Jan 2012
good shit
Nov 11, 2012 9:47 PM

Jan 2008
This season ends nicely. The issue with yips and circulatory problems were dealt rather good. Much as I do not like Murdoch when he first joined but I like how it went smoothly on dealing with trade athlete in a team, their personal issues, and issues within the sports' circle.
One of my fav scenes was on Gibson Sr and Jr plays. Overall this anime delivered well. My only gripe is on the decline in the art in S6. The eyes were elongated here i.e. Roy's, and also the angles were off that my eyes hurt watching them with those obvious change. Art in S5 was rather good.
OK, off to the OVA once d/l finished.
Sep 20, 2013 6:47 PM

Dec 2011
Well I liked Major, but I feel like it didn't really live up to its' full potential. Ending episode was nice though.

Basically I think Major would have benefited from not being so darn realistic. If I wanted complete realism like that I'd watch an Adachi baseball anime. It just seemed like the entire time seasons 1-5 Goro was overcoming some sort of set-back, or injury, or just barely losing a game. And then he finally makes it to the major league in season 6, and right when I think he's about to take off and become a true monster and have his day we just get more of the same thing... the yips, murdoch drama, team drama, and to top it off Goro gets another injury and the last game isn't even half as compelling as his childhood games...

Though to clarify season 1 is great and I'd say 8/10. The rest of the anime is 7/10 and I almost want to go a little lower with the last two seasons because his teammates weren't really interesting compared to how it was back in his school days. But hey it's not all bad or anything, decent anime with plenty of positives I'm only saying it could have been a lot better, especially later on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2013 12:28 AM

Jul 2008
First off, wow Sophia turned into a total bitch, and I mean in a bad way for what she said to Shimizu. I was ready to slap her.

Then timeskip happened and holy crap Toshi is catching Goro, Keene is on the RANGERS with Gibson managing and Watts is managing the Hornets. Plus Shimizu in labor...holy crap that's an ending.
Nov 21, 2013 10:54 PM
Apr 2011
Man, just wanted to say that this was such an amazing series and I will never ever forget about this anime and its awesomeness. This episode was great and a great closure for such a long anime. I also want to point out that Goro, said the same thing that his father said to Momoko in the first season to Kaoru. "I will wait, no matter how long it takes. Be it 10 or even 20 years" When he said that... man that was the best way to end the anime for me.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/xDenboy&amp;sclick=1">;

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power,
without the ability to change my course, was bound to a slow death.
--Lelouch Lamperouge</a>
Dec 13, 2013 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
What thell is that ending... 8 year later ? really ? come on, they put what would have been the best part of Major in 2 minutes at the end ? holy shit talk about being lazy.

I'll probably watch the OVAs but I'll probably gonna be even more disappoint it because 1 or 2 series put into 3 ovas is gonna suck dick.
Dec 22, 2013 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
Major was an amazing anime I must say. and I'm happy I got to marathon all the seasons and finally finish it. I wasn't in love with this final season like I thought I would be. But overall this series is great! I even got to see my favorite battery (Toshi x Goro) for a while but I still wish they would have been a battery all throughout the series.

Major is a good series but somehow I feel that it had so much potential but didn't really go anywhere with it. Something is missing to me. I watched it though and I like long animes with depth to the characters so this was truly my type of anime, but after watching all of this I still feel like Im not finished or maybe I dont want it to end this way. who knows. but good bye major its been a long ride and an adventurous one, Im glad I decided to watch it and learned many things. On to these OVA's now.

Dec 26, 2013 4:29 PM

Jul 2012
Solid ending. Solid season overall. I liked it better than season 2 and season 3 for sure. 8/10

A few things I didn't like about this season: Way too much suffering for Goro, fillers in the middle were not as strong, I would have wanted to see more of the Gibson-Gibson Jr-Goro rivalry...

Onto the world series OVA!

LayedBack said:
Basically I think Major would have benefited from not being so darn realistic.

This! I just want to see Goro finally happy.
Feb 2, 2014 10:23 PM

May 2012
Finally done with the series! Now on to the OVAs! It was a fun ride.
Apr 6, 2014 11:36 PM

Dec 2010
WTF WHY DID THEY TRADE KEAN FOR TOSHIYA

jesus christ

and nobody aged except for the kids LOL.
Apr 10, 2014 8:55 PM

Dec 2012
"Be my catcher for the rest of my life." Couldn't have asked for a better battery.

Man when they announced Goro at the end I was wondering how he changed, but he hasn't aged a day! Still, the results of the timeskip were jaw droppingly awesome. Liked the montage to each character and hearing the first opening again was splendid and hit it home. The realization of how far Goro has come and grown sank in fully when his daughter spoke at the end.

This was a long journey but certainly an extremely satisfying one. There were ups and downs each season, but ultimately Major delivered. Looking forward to the World Series + Message OVAs. Giving S6 a bottom of the 9th/10.
May 18, 2014 6:57 AM

Sep 2008
Oh boy, having watched all 6 seasons in about a month I am both glad and sad it is over.

I am sad because I loved watching some close games, nice characters here and there. On the other hand I absolutely hated this season.
Along with season where he and Toshi played as Kaidou this was my least favorite one. The Kaidou season made no sense whatsoever, with characters being as consistent as world politicians. 0 logic, 0 sense.
This season...lacked something else. Sure it was about his hardships but dear Lord, could they pander any more drama in it?
I missed seeing Toshi, Mayumura, highschool friends etc, it was entirely focused on Goro and his team and I feel like it failed in that field.

Do not even get me started on the ending, from Sophia flat out bashing his personal life, something someone as impulsive as him would never take and excuse in a day to that flash 8 years in the future.
Impulsive and rash 19y old don't take kindly to insults to the ones they love, no matter how much of an authority that person is.

5/10 for this season, 2nd worse after Kaidou one.

S4-S5-S1-S3-S6-S2 for me.
nina4lifeMay 18, 2014 7:09 AM
Jul 31, 2014 6:14 AM

Aug 2012
A nice happy ending :')

Toshiya with Goro again, yeahhhh !! I'm so happy haha
Sep 23, 2014 5:25 AM

Sep 2013
A nice end to a great series. 8/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 29, 2014 8:22 PM

Apr 2013
Amazing end to an amazing series (I'm a sucker for happy endings). And Goro and Shimizu make an amazing couple (although Shimizu + anyone would make a great couple in my book). I'd never in a million years imagine Goro saying those romantic lines. The "catcher for life" line was so cheesy but just fit for this show. Goro must have been possessed or something to think of something smooth like that. And finally, that "8 years later" montage was absolutely perfect.

Major is definitely one of my favorite sports series that I've seen so far although I still have Cross Game and Touch ranked ahead of it. This is just an absolute must watch for any sports anime fans. I can't wait to watch the OVAs.
dankzelSep 29, 2014 8:25 PM
Nov 8, 2014 10:56 PM

Jan 2013
Great season ending for a great anime!
Major as an anime started out great, fell a bit down midway, and picked itself up as 2 strong last seasons.
Jan 7, 2015 5:39 PM

Nov 2009
T_T . . . It's the end! I'm glad I have a few other things to watch, but essentially this is the end of a great series. My only hope is that perhaps their is more to it than what was covered in the anime (i.e. what comes afterwards between him going back to Japan and somehow having Toshi on his team, or rather the time skip in general), and that someday someone completely translates the manga so I can read it. Either way, I loved this series quite a bit, watching Goro throughout his life was an extremely nice experience, and I enjoyed every step of the way. Now, it goes without saying that my favorite season (by far) was the first season, however each season after did a damn good job of keeping the excitement going. Overall I would give this series an 8, it had a few flaws here and there but for the most part this was a very strong series and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Feb 17, 2015 6:49 PM

Jul 2014
so in the end, goro and kaoru got it on and had two children.
Toshi forms a battery with goro in the major league
Apr 19, 2015 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
I started to watch this series last Sunday, and I finished it today, took me 8 days to finish all six seasons. However to be honest, I'm so disappointed with the last season. No offense, but in my opinion it's nothing but a bunch of bullshit that keeps dragging itself on, towards the ending I have had enough of the repeated things. The final episode/the final scenes were really nice, but again it wasn't enough to compensate it.
Aug 11, 2015 2:42 AM

Jan 2013
mrSmiles said:
a spin-off with his kids as the main characters would be cool

YOU CALLED IT!

Amazing ending, almost makes up for the lackluster middle and frustrating beginning.
There was a small kiss scene, I waited 100 episodes for that!
Also the montage at the end got me so excited.
Aug 16, 2015 2:24 PM

Jun 2009
this episode was really fucking stupid and the timeskip really pissed me off. what a fucked way to end a series (i know the there's still the world series and message ovas).

after further reflection, this is my final ranking: S5 > S4 > S2 > S1 > S6 > S3
loghneckbeardAug 16, 2015 2:30 PM
Oct 16, 2015 3:14 PM

Sep 2010
So this is the ending we get... somehow it didn't feel like true ending. The last credits and the timeskip shows that author had the story planned for much much longer. Whatever the reason for ending this here was I can't tell.

Even if at this point not all chapters were adapted, the remaining ones wouldn't be enough.

Truth to be told this ending and this whole season as general wasn't good enough, it wasn't good enough for a great long series like this. Major and the long story of Goro deserved something better. Even if there are those ovas, the timeskip means we won't be able to see the full story in the end. Which sucks as seeing the full life story was the greatest thing about this series.

I finished all 6 seasons only in five days... right now I am not sure how I managed to do it. It was 154 episodes in total. The show was so great that I couldn't stop it watching. Even when I was disappointed in story sometimes, even when some developments annoyed me, I kept on watching. I even planned to take break in the middle of third season but after just three hours I came back, wanting more. Lately I wasn't even able to watch 13 episodes long series in one go, I was even worried that my passion for anime was fading out, but nope, this anime proved to me that as long as the series is great, I can still forget about the world and ignore it, and pay for doing so later and regret nothing! Animes like this are truly rare!

There are scoring for season so also will give mine. S4 ? S5 ? S1 > S6> S2 > S3
Nah. I Can't decide between 5 and 4 and 1 . 4 and 5 were both great. Then S1 on the other hand was completely different than the other two but was also magical in completely different way.
Nov 18, 2015 7:37 AM

Nov 2015
[quote=Tyestor]this episode was really fucking stupid and the timeskip really pissed me off. what a fucked way to end a series (i know the there's still the world series and message ovas).
Jan 5, 2016 6:47 AM

Mar 2015
What a way to end it.
Liked the twist with Keene moving on to a different team, free agency happens in baseball, trades, so it's likely management just saw a better connection with Toshiya and Goro than they did with Keene, which makes sense.
Raiders is a fucking stacked team man, Mayumura, Keene, AND Junior? Fuck..
not to mention Gibson as Coach..

Anyway, really enjoyed this. Liked all the seasons, 4 was meh imo, but very enjoyable series, and Goro and S5 get a spot in my faves.

Onto OVA'S.
May 4, 2016 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
Great ending.
Sophia annoyed me when she told Shimizu to break up with him.
And 8 years later he reached the World Series and the catcher for the Hornets is Toshi with Watts as a coach.
Keene is at Raiders along with Mayumura and Junior, Gibson is their coach.
He has two kids!
Jun 18, 2016 7:05 AM
Oct 2015
WTF Keane was the best catcher Shigeno ever had and they replace him with Sato-.-
Really love this Anime but that fucked up
Aug 18, 2016 7:45 PM
Aug 2016
PLEASE CREATE MORE EPISODES!!!!
I LOVED THIS ANIME
Oct 18, 2016 9:03 AM

Feb 2016
I love the series but i really think that last season was "rushed". Plenty of time skips, everything was lacking detail compared to previous seasons. In previous seasons many characters had their "5 minutes" and some kind of development. It started really well but then gone downhill.

Great series but last season is a MAJOR (:D) disappointment for me.
Feb 24, 2017 8:07 AM

Jul 2015
I like the last episode of season 6. That is the best episode. Sophia always made my day.
AND FINALLY, THEY KISS, YES THEY KISS.
Taking 6 seasons to do that >.<.

But the thing that let me down is that time skip.
Still a solid 9/10 from me.
Time to watch World Series
Mar 30, 2017 4:18 PM
Jul 2010
Why is no one mentioning how awful the timeskip was? Am I the only one here who thinks that? Everyone looks fucking exactly the same except the children. Everything felt so forced and rushed as well. Just awful.

Major used to be great but s4, 5 and 6 were a total disaster in my opinion. Awful support characters, extremely boring games, worst animation ever, bad soundtracks etc. Heck, even the main character became a pain in the ass. I even used to like Goro, but I can't stand him thanks to these last 3 seasons.
Everything just went odwnhill as soon as Goro left off to USA.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2017 8:30 PM
Aug 2012
I don't know why the author didn't give Shimizu and Goro more time. They deserved it... and we all wanted to see that.
Oct 2, 2017 6:24 PM

Nov 2011
This wrap up episode was simultaneously good and frustrating since the epilogue felt so rushed, yet what was shown was so good.

Off to the epilogue OVAs.
Feb 11, 2018 7:40 AM

Nov 2016
8 years later and Gorou looks exactly the same,but good to see that he and Toshi are forming a battery again.

It was a fantastic episode overall,with many highlights,gotta say that I lost my shit when Shimizu closed the door after seeing Gorou and Sophia together lmao.

Last part where Gorou was asking her to form a batterystay with him forever was so amazingly done;_;

And the credits,tho....too bad we didn't get to see those events as episodes,it's really a shame.

Majors has been an awesome journey and while it had some downs here and there I still found myself loving this franchise.

8,5/10 for the whole series and 10/10 for the two after credits pictures.

Looking forward to the OVAs and the Majors 2nd this spring.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2018 2:18 AM
Sep 2015
Great series overall but definitely lacking in some areas. As the story progressed it was clear that the author was running out of ideas on how to advance the story. The same plot devices were used time and time again. It was either a physical or some time of mental breakdown by Goro and he had to find a way to overcome it. The drama just became forced at a certain point. Instead of letting the story progress in a more natural way it felt like he (the author) had to insert terrible speedbumps for Goro to create tension. He as a character would progress in specific areas and then regress in the following season just so he can work on the same thing. Another problem with this season was the lack of romance. Never thought I would ever say anything like that but Shimizu was only in a handful of episodes and only interacted with Goro in about two. Rather than inputting those trash fillers there could have been some kind of development in their relationship. The old cast, in general, didn't get enough development in this season. And I'm not even going to talk about the ending. I am assuming that the author was rushed because that was a ton of new developments that were dropped on us in about 120 seconds. Even after saying all of this it was still a really enjoyable series. Season 1 was fantastic, rarely have I ever encountered an anime or any type of show that evoked so much emotion out of me. I'm getting the empty feeling you get after watching a great show, definitely going to remember this one and maybe even rewatch it if I have the time in the future.

8.7/10
T27Apr 3, 2018 2:23 AM
Aug 22, 2018 2:20 PM

Jul 2016
So ends the journey of another season and Major as a whole.

That ending.. awesome! Major always knows how to suck you back in and the ending was fantastic.. but overall, this season was not. Most of the filler episodes were not interesting, and they focused way too much on Goro. I wanted to see the characters that we've seen for the last 5 seasons.. but no. This was my least favorite season out of all of them and it was a struggle to get through.

Season 5 hands down was the best Major season. The worst.. this one. Geez.. I am being so damn negative! I was going to give this a 6/10, but the ending rocked.. so 7/10.
Oct 24, 2018 8:12 PM

Mar 2017
mrSmiles said:
a spin-off with his kids as the main characters would be cool
Welp looks like they answered your wish 8 years later.
Dec 29, 2019 12:14 PM

Jun 2012
This almost beat s1 for me. I just wanted a bit more team development. We got some nice time with Watts, Murdoch, Keene, and a little bit of Roy but I really wished we wouldve focused more on the some other Teammates too.

So ranking wise s1 > s6 > s5 > s4 > s2 > s3.

This series was a wild ride for sure. Mixed feelings on the whole thing. I just feel like there wasnt enough growth. Goro is legit the same person from s2 to s6. idk for some people that may be a good thing but not really what I was hoping for. And there was way too much injuries. But I still found it, for the most part, enjoyable.

Go, Goro!
Apr 1, 2020 8:40 AM
Aug 2015
It was a good series, but I do think it got worse as the seasons went on... Season 6 was just barely watchable.
Aug 17, 2020 5:37 AM

Dec 2007
the episode was very good... until the last 4 minutes that were rushed, i know there's the OVA but i don't think they could maintain the same level of a season in two eps, especially when toshi joined goro's team.

we got a great conclusion on goro & shimizu, sophia really made me mad.

hmm, toshi finally says he wants to go to the major but didn't find his girlfriend yet unless it will be forbidden love with his sister as it semms.

now, about the season, truly not the best, S5 was much better, but it still have great place for goro's development and showed as gibson junior & gibson side story well, there are some bad writing here and there, i gave it 8 and i think it's good for major.

about the series and the conclusion, it seems to me that they didn't wanted to get repetitive and it's understandable, they finished the series in good conclusion on goro's life, which makes very sense for a whole series focusing on goro's life, though i would want more seasons, i think it's best to assume they stopped it here.

score for the whole series: 9
favourite seasons: 1 = 5 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 4
Mar 2, 2021 7:03 AM
Mar 2021
Good season for watching
Oct 21, 2021 2:32 PM

Jul 2015
Sophia pushing her own BS relationship ideals onto Kaoru and Goro pissed me off.

Outside of a few good episodes, this season felt like a MAJOR stepdown from previous ones with a lot of mediocre and lackluster plotlines. Well at least things ended on a lovely note with the most Goro way to propose "be my catcher for the rest of my life" (gotta love that baseball freak when he doesn't act stubborn) and also a nice nostalgic montage.

May 23, 2022 9:01 AM
Jan 2022
be my catcher for the rest of my life i can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sophia you suck btw
May 28, 2022 8:55 AM

Apr 2018
Goro's line "Be my catcher" was soo good
Aug 22, 2022 4:08 AM

Jan 2020
A nice conclusion for the Major series, especially for Goro and Kaoru’s relationship. While it was sad that NHK and ShoPro didn’t produce another season to adapt the World Series arc, but it makes sense from their perspective to not invest in producing another season as the manga had already finished. Also the art and animation seems to have improved and the stadium crowds (improvements in technology maybe?) actually look decent this time around. Well this was also the first season to be produced at SynergySP’s new headquarters and also Cross Game had finished around this time as well; which likely helped to free up resources within the studio. As judging by SynergySP’s works, it appeared that Ryousuke Sakurai’s team, or rather works for TV Tokyo’s 10am block, while they don’t look amazing got the most resources within the studio.
Sep 7, 2023 11:10 PM
Dec 2018
Overall didn't really enjoy this season. I liked parts of the first half, probably because it focused more on stuff outside of the baseball matches. For some reason the baseball matches played in this season felt like filler. I just wasn't able to really get myself invested into them. :c

The ending was kind of disappointing, because it felt like there was stuff left out. Also I was excepting to actually get to see stuff like Goro and Shimizu being grown up properly instead of in a brief timeskip.
How the show didn't really focus on their relationship at all was unfortunate.

I would rate the seasons like the following: 1 = 5 > 4 > 2 > 6 > 3. Can't really decide between season 1 and 5. I think they are both great for different reasons. Even though the series has its ups and downs, it was still a fun ride. :D
HazllApr 20, 11:59 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 22 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Sep 6, 2010

26 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 12, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 19 Discussion

LegendFury - Aug 15, 2010

30 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:11 PM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 12 Discussion

Lang - Jun 20, 2010

29 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 5, 2023 7:18 AM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 11 Discussion

VitaX - Jun 13, 2010

27 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 4, 2023 8:24 AM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 1 Discussion

llamaben - Apr 3, 2010

47 by Meranwise »»
Dec 8, 2022 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.