Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 24, 2013 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
I miss it too! I was definitely sad when I finished this manga. It was well done from beginning to end and to not read about these characters anymore is depressing. I do go back and re-read certain chapters when I feel the need for a little nostalgia.

I love how Haruhi just can't shake the Host Club no matter where she goes lol.

I think, after reading the whole thing, that Tamaki/Haruhi is one of my favorite manga couples ever.

The epilogue extras after chapter 83 are great too. I love Bisoc Hatori for making them.
Feb 2, 2015 10:28 PM

Nov 2011
Nice. I liked this ending better than the anime. A bit predictable imo with all the story development but the previous chapter and this one really bought out Tamaki's true character. The relationship between him and Haruhi was inevitable from the start.

Good series overall with the comedy.

Ouran revamp please?
Nov 19, 2015 3:13 PM

May 2015
“Boston is basically the countryside.” As someone from Boston I found this pretty funny.

I was surprised when we thought the girls knew Haruhi’s secret. Then later them being confused by “daughter” and realizing she was a girl was hilarious.
SuranaJan 30, 2018 2:02 PM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Mar 8, 2016 3:21 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
For a shoujo manga, really great quality. I'm more into shounen stuff too. 10/10 and into my favorites.

Dec 15, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2008
I guess I was never going to be satisfied with an ending to this manga, because I was mostly here for host club weirdness rather than for the romance, and it was clear they were building away from the host club and for the romance for a while now.

I also thought some of the stuff with Tamaki's family was a bit pat.
Jun 22, 2021 2:27 PM

Jan 2021
Loved it!!!
But that can’t be the ending.. T_T
Right??…
Mar 10, 2022 4:57 AM
Jul 2020
So…

My thoughts overall about the manga was that this series could’ve been cut by half for sure.

The comedy in the beginning was fun, thought out, and it flowed with the story. Eventually, we lost track of the story itself and it took forever to get back there. After 10 volumes later, I was very close to putting the books down. The comedy became boring and introducing other characters was meaningless. It was filler after filler after filler; when was the story going to MOVE.

The best part of the series was Tamaki’s arc after volume 10. It was insanely good. It should’ve been introduced earlier on in the story. Tamaki made the series worth reading. The manga is nostalgic at this point, and tbh the anime is almost better than the manga. My attention span for the anime was easier than reading the manga, personally. The dialogue in the first 10 volumes were cluttered and sometimes hard to follow. I don’t know if I can reread the entire manga again anytime soon, but Tamaki’s arc is worth reading.

One thing that bothered me a lot was how Yuzuru and Tamaki’s grandmother just acted like nothing ever happened. And then SUDDENLY the Grandmother decided to be easy with Tamaki and Yuzuru as if she was not abusive to them at all. A lot of damage has been done. Repairing everything so quickly is unrealistic and killed the overall mood. I think it would’ve had a stronger ending if there was still some hostility within his family which would’ve taken a while to repair. Not everything needs to be lovey dovey.

My rating for OHSHC is 7/10
azenobioMar 10, 2022 6:17 AM
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» How is the manga compared to the anime?

AoiroBlueColor - Sep 20, 2023

2 by andreapepsii »»
Sep 21, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Ouran Koukou Host Club Chapter 87 Discussion

CalmTeaTime - Jun 22, 2021

1 by celerysucks »»
Sep 17, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Ouran Koukou Host Club Chapter 10 Discussion

Vaiketime2025 - May 4, 2016

3 by cringey-gay-zyte »»
Jun 21, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Chapter 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 22, 2009

6 by removed-user »»
Mar 21, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Ouran Koukou Host Club Chapter 16 Discussion

Vaiketime2025 - May 13, 2016

3 by azenobio »»
Mar 19, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.