Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 27, 2008 12:14 AM

May 2008
I think this episode was very smart. zero never ceases to surprise and entertain me. i wonder what's gonna happened now though that they exiled themselves. too bad we probably wont get that answer for another 3 weeks probably. -.-
anyways still looking forward to some more of code geass and lelouch's badass plans.
May 27, 2008 2:39 AM

Mar 2007
I really wonder what it stall for Zero next episode....

And djinn_690, you avatar is hawt... :D
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
May 27, 2008 2:58 AM

Feb 2008
I dunno about you guys but I think C.C. really needs to get her more badass and "mysterious" groove back. So far in season 2 she's really not been anything other than some ... eye candy? I don't really want to say that, but yeah. Yeah it's cool to see she's like Lelouch's usual "secondary Zero" and that was epic how he got his memories back in the first episode of R2 ...

Regardless, she just doesn't seem as cool as she was in the first season for me. Maybe she's just a little overshadowed with all these other characters, I don't know. Yeah I'll admit the pizza eating was goofy and whatnot, but she seemed much more mysterious and pretty much "invincible" in a sense in the first season, it was also hard to tell "is she good or evil?"

So yeah, maybe it's just me? Anyone else feel this way about her so far?
May 27, 2008 5:17 AM

Apr 2008
hm, I just finished watching this episode. I thought it was okay... the highlight was probably all the zero's...! lol, it was definitely a big surprise for me. cant wait for the next episode, I can sense something interesting is going to happen...! ^.^

May 27, 2008 5:25 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was meh :L
May 27, 2008 12:53 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode, I thought it was a pretty clever strategy.

May 27, 2008 1:28 PM
May 2008
Missy said:
infinite_zero said:
So, discussion aside, who noticed the dog with the zero mask?

ME, ME! XD

I think the episode was lame, but strangely epic at the same time. The 1 million Zeros were totally unexpected. Suzaku got owned, which servers him damn right.

And the other person who lit a candle for Euphemia was probably Cornelia or Nina (I still hate Nina.)

Doubt it, Cornelia would spell her sister's name "Euphy", and that is if she's alive.
Nina is not in Japan and probably too busy with her research.
Judging from the scene right after it, it was Lelouch. You can see the building behind Lelouch and Roro.

I think the Chinese Federation government is up for nothing.
It seem like the government is corrupted. Remember the Tianzi of China (that
little Chinese girl) who said she had never stepped out of the capital city?

She's just a puppet, controlled by High Eunuchs (i.e Gaohai ). Xingke is probably the one responsible of the help to Black Knights. My guess is he is plotting a revolution rather than go on war with Britannia at the moment.
May 27, 2008 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
Ok, this ep was great. Why?

Btw: sry for my English ^^
May 27, 2008 6:21 PM

May 2008
Did anyone else think it was kind of unhelpful to their plan to have all the Zeros in different shades? I mean, that would at least narrow down which one is the real Zero.
May 27, 2008 7:27 PM

Dec 2007
tsukikage said:
Did anyone else think it was kind of unhelpful to their plan to have all the Zeros in different shades? I mean, that would at least narrow down which one is the real Zero.

Yeah, I was wondering about that one too. Some of those were so obviously off the mark that it was laughable. On the other hand, it doesn't matter quite that much. The only point is that they give the impression that they might be Zero, and I wouldn't exactly put it past Zero to pop up in a costume with a different color just to confuse his enemies.
May 27, 2008 9:09 PM
Jan 2007
^ they didn't have enough fabric, lol

Suzaku's reply to Lulu's "What is it to be a nation?" or whatever made me LOL. He went all shifty-eyed for a moment, and it looked like he totally pulled his answer (TEH HEART!) out of his ass. I also LOL'd at the dog with the Zero mask. I find it hard to believe that the Britannians didn't notice one million people changing into Zero's clothes. They look like they'd be hard to put on too...

Sutiivu said:
He'll just send a million Lulus to school (including a dog) and confuse students and faculty alike. Genius.

WIN :D

exile4ever said:
Am I the only one that thought the way Cecile was so...uh dressed up see Zero completely out of left field or what.

Yea, wth was up with that? Pointless fanservice ftl D:

Taihaku said:
I just had a thought.....what if a japanese person honestly wanted to go into the new SAZ only to be hopelessly confused by everyone changing into zero costumes around him? That would have been hilarious heh.

Actually, that brings up another hole in Lulu's plans. How did he manage to secretly get everyone to go along with his plan. Obviously, it's not possible for him to predict or control who's gonna show up at the ceremony, so we can only assume that they weren't all members of the Black Knights.

Kineta said:
It seems the writers/director have made a clear choice to try and soften the viewer's thoughts on Suzaku as well, as many people have begun to state that they don't hate him as much anymore. This, I am glad for, as I am getting increasing disgusted by the childish "Suzaku diiiiiiiieeeee" statements.

Thank goodness for that :D Suzaku was one of my favourite characters from the start, but the writers have really made it hard to fully support him. The Suzaku-hate bandwagon was getting out of hand though, and attempting to point out why "SUZAKU IS A F!CKER" is not a valid reason for hating him (lol) is never fun. I must say, there were numerous times this episode where I could've slapped Suzaku, but he redeemed himself each time.
May 27, 2008 9:33 PM

Dec 2007
The epiosde was good. C.C needs to have more screen time. Ohgi and Viletta <3
I think Lulu lit a candle for Euphemia.
May 28, 2008 1:20 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah, I think Lulu lit the candle as well ,Euphy was the only other person in the royal family he really cared about.Not to mention that killing her was his only obvious flop since the start of his anti-britanian crusade.
Kill or be killed, it's just a way to kill time.
- Zaraki Kenpachi
May 28, 2008 3:43 PM

Nov 2007
Well, it was quite entertaining this time as well... The thousand Zeroes were hilarious.
May 28, 2008 9:55 PM

Oct 2007
Suzaku

good or bad?

i wonder o.O
May 29, 2008 1:40 AM

Apr 2008
I think Lulu lit the candle for Euphy as well, since he was leaving Japan.

I persally think that the one million Zero's wasent that unrealistic, since they diddent say how long it took them too make and they had to make up the excuse that Zero was having trouble with the rest of the black knights.

Suzaku, is kinda the closest thing to good in the show, but that doesent mean I like him.

I wonder how Lulu got Rolo to leave the school that he liked so mutch with him.
And how the people at his school are gonna respond wen they hear Lelouch is gone to China.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
May 29, 2008 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't think it was a bad episode as it was entertaining, the fan service was nice (imo), and it provided and interesting twist.

With that said, I don't think it did the story of Code Geass and good. I'd go so far as to say it hurts CG's story a lot and was a horrible episode in those terms.

2 things really worry me.

The first is that the gap between identities and how Lelouch dealt with it. The constant and ever-existing juxtapositioning of Lelouch's normal life and his life as Zero and the way that the people around him both reacted to this gap and responded to it.

That's really gone now. Unless Lelouch still finds a way to maintain his life back at school and go on fooling everyone, that element of the story (and an element that has really been at the core of CG for 32 episodes now) is gone.

The second goes back to the name of the series and the presence and definition of rebellion. The struggle to find a space within layers of restrictions and push through to fight and destroy Brittania from within Area 11 while technically being members of their rule. The struggle to find their own shadow and existance beneath the shade of Brittanian power.

That's gone now since technically, I don't even think you can consider this a rebellion anymore. It's just a war between exiled individuals with no nationality and Brittania. the element of rebellion is no longer truly there. They admitted that they couldn't find what they wanted to or exist as a rebellion under the situation that fell into place with Nunnally.
May 29, 2008 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't think it was a bad episode as it was entertaining, the fan service was nice (imo), and it provided and interesting twist.

With that said, I don't think it did the story of Code Geass and good. I'd go so far as to say it hurts CG's story a lot and was a horrible episode in those terms.

The first is that the gap between identities and how Lelouch dealt with it. The constant and ever-existing juxtapositioning of Lelouch's normal life and his life as Zero and the way that the people around him both reacted to this gap and responded to it.

That's really gone now. Unless Lelouch still finds a way to maintain his life back at school and go on fooling everyone, that element of the story (and an element that has really been at the core of CG for 32 episodes now) is gone.

The second goes back to the name of the series and the presence and definition of rebellion. The struggle to find a space within layers of restrictions and push through to fight and destroy Brittania from within Area 11 while technically being members of their rule. The struggle to find their own shadow and existance beneath the shade of Brittanian power.

That's gone now since technically, I don't even think you can consider this a rebellion anymore. It's just a war between exiled individuals with no nationality and Brittania. the element of rebellion is no longer truly there. They admitted that they couldn't find what they wanted to or exist as a rebellion under the situation that fell into place with Nunnally.
May 29, 2008 9:47 AM

Mar 2008
Well, that's what stories do, they evolve. A straight rebellion would probably have gotten stale at one point, anyway.

Questionnnnn, does Lelouch have any reason to kill, or even despise Rolo now? I mean, Lelouch has found a new reason for fighting, and Rolo is practically right when he said the two of them share the same fate.
May 29, 2008 2:03 PM

Mar 2008
true. I hope they become more than just source of brotherly UST vibes pawns to each other, since we need more than just Kallen and the remaining Shiseiken as ace pilots, especially against the Knight of Rounds.

I can't wait to see Suzaku vs Rolo KMF combat. or Rolo against anyone, his Geass would severely screw up the battlefield O_o
May 29, 2008 2:20 PM
May 2008
Brian333 said:

I'm not too worry about that actually

Brian333 said:

Lelouch HAS TO stay in the school no matter what. The agents still "spying" on him and
I bet Suzaku will visit the school from time to time also. Revealing Zero's identity means
putting Nunnally in danger and thats something Lelouch will never do.

My guess is he will either set up a fake Zero or let Ougi etc to govern the 10 million people. Oh and don't forget the school is almost over. He will have tons of times and
excuses to leave Japan during the vacation.

Brian333 said:

I'm not sure what your "definition of rebellion" is. My definition is one who fight against
supreme power and authority, in this case, it's Britannia. This is what Lelouch has being doing by using Japanese as his paw/tool.

May 29, 2008 4:28 PM

Jun 2007
something that caught my eye;;
the geass effect on suzaku.
I completly forgot xD
cant wait to see what will happen in the end of the series...
May 29, 2008 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
tagle said:
Lelouch HAS TO stay in the school no matter what. The agents still "spying" on him and
I bet Suzaku will visit the school from time to time also. Revealing Zero's identity means
putting Nunnally in danger and thats something Lelouch will never do.

My guess is he will either set up a fake Zero or let Ougi etc to govern the 10 million people. Oh and don't forget the school is almost over. He will have tons of times and
excuses to leave Japan during the vacation.

Lelouch doesn't have to stay in school anymore since he basically controls the spies that are keeping him in check (with him controlling Villetta and Rolo). Also, it wouldn't put Nunnally in danger because of Suzaku. That's part of the reason why Lelouch decided he could leave.

Suzaku won't be going to school either. He told his classmates that he wouldn't because he needed to help Nunnally with the new district.

Lelouch is most likely gone from Japan. He had that entire scene saying goodbye to Euphemia's tribute thing.

I'd be incredibly suprised if Lelouch went back to school like normal. The story has basically been set up for him to leave.

And even if he sets up a dummy character to take his place, he's not Lelouch and the dynamic that was there with him trying to maintain another identity is gone.

tagle said:
I'm not sure what your "definition of rebellion" is. My definition is one who fight against
supreme power and authority, in this case, it's Britannia. This is what Lelouch has being doing by using Japanese as his paw/tool.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
re·bel·lion Audio Help /rɪˈbɛlyən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-bel-yuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

1. open, organized, and armed resistance to one's government or ruler.
2. resistance to or defiance of any authority, control, or tradition.
3. the act of rebelling.

1. I don't need to address, it's obviously not in line with this definition.
2. They're no longer subjected to the authority or control of Brittania. They're free people right now.

but that's not really my point. that's just a technicallity. my point is that they don't have to work from under a superpower anymore. They don't need to claw for space underneath another government. They don't need to constantly search for an identity under another Nation.
May 30, 2008 3:08 PM

Oct 2007
I had V for Vendetta flashbacks when I saw the million Zeros.
May 31, 2008 1:17 AM

May 2008
Wasabi said:
Astaroth said:
WhisperedHope said:
Lelouch never meant to kill Euphie, dammit!

Actually I believe that was exactly what he meant to do when he shot her.

You're still alive thanks to him!

And Euphy is dead thanks to him.

Well Lelouch never meant to Geass Euphie which ultimately resulted in his pulling the trigger.

Yeah, i agree it's either that V.V. or Charles made Lelouch's Geass go haywire...duh, look at C.C.'s forehead glowing when she is about to talk to Suzaku in R1 epi 22 ...

...anyway, this episode really reminds me of V for Vendetta...a million Zeros....I wonder how they made a million of Zero costumes.....

...and Anya asking Suzaku if he's a MASOCHIST....man, do you agree with her?

..and also that white candle might be from Lelouch...

...anyway, nxt episodes:
*The Bride of the Vermillion City" ( June 8, 2008 )

* "When the Shenhu Shines" (June 15, 2008 )

*"The Power of Wills" ( June 22, 2008)

*"Love Attack!" (June 29, 2008)
May 31, 2008 5:25 PM
May 2008
Brian333 said:
Brian333 said:

Lelouch doesn't have to stay in school anymore since he basically controls the spies that are keeping him in check (with him controlling Villetta and Rolo). Also, it wouldn't put Nunnally in danger because of Suzaku. That's part of the reason why Lelouch decided he could leave.

Suzaku won't be going to school either. He told his classmates that he wouldn't because he needed to help Nunnally with the new district.

Lelouch is most likely gone from Japan. He had that entire scene saying goodbye to Euphemia's tribute thing.

I'd be incredibly suprised if Lelouch went back to school like normal. The story has basically been set up for him to leave.

And even if he sets up a dummy character to take his place, he's not Lelouch and the dynamic that was there with him trying to maintain another identity is gone.

You made the point, I'm taking my word back
I was worried that what Suzaku would do once he confirms Zero = Lelouch (where
he has tons of chance as long as he stays in Japan and Lelouch does not)

but now thinking again about it, it doesn't really matter. He won't/can't do anything about it since he is staying with Nunnally And if he dare to reveal the truth to other people, no one is going to listen to Nunnally, sister of terrorist.

Now we have the stage moved to China. My guess is Lelouch is going to use Chinese to fight for him ---> obliterate Britannia ?

May 31, 2008 9:31 PM

Jun 2007
I was surprised about Susaku's order, i totally forgot about that, "Live" o_o. Enjoyable episode but not my favorite, confused about some explanations so im looking forward to the next ones ò.ó
Jun 1, 2008 1:28 AM

Feb 2008
I'm in despair at the awful "Special Program" the replacement of episode 9. Only good thing was they provided the preview of episode 9 & 10.
Jun 2, 2008 5:26 AM

Feb 2008
LOL!

What the hell is that dog?! Ahahaha! :3

Code Geass is really pure win. I think this will be my most favorite anime forever. :3

I NEED MOAR C.C. OKAY?!
Jun 5, 2008 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Taihaku said:
I just had a thought.....what if a japanese person honestly wanted to go into the new SAZ only to be hopelessly confused by everyone changing into zero costumes around him? That would have been hilarious heh.

LOL

They would be confused beyond imagination.
Jun 6, 2008 3:17 AM

Nov 2007
woah, big story twist much? xD;

i'm really wondering what going to happen next where the story going to head now?
Jun 6, 2008 10:45 AM

May 2008
eLiT3_ said:
I really wonder what it stall for Zero next episode....

And djinn_690, you avatar is hawt... :D

thanks xD
Jun 7, 2008 8:46 PM

Sep 2007
Lol-ed at the millions Zero's totally unexpected.
I went WTF, when Zero started getting all smart aleck by getting all the million Japs "Legally" exiled. What a sly guy. XD
Jun 11, 2008 12:32 AM

Jun 2007
Zero reduced his name to a symbol...who does he think he is, Prince!
That had to be the world record for a gathering of Zero cosplayers!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jun 11, 2008 1:15 PM

Dec 2007
That was a damn good plan Leluoch came up with, mad props.

#NBHNC
Jun 12, 2008 12:13 AM

Apr 2007
Kuroe_Kurose said:
I had V for Vendetta flashbacks when I saw the million Zeros.

best movie evar.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2008 6:55 AM

Mar 2008
Jun 13, 2008 5:34 PM

Jun 2008
haha.. ZERO COSPLAYERS!!! >.<

All those costumes must have been expensive... The Black Knights are RICH O.O

But... I wonder what they're gonna do for like the rest of the 13 episodes @_@

StabbyPWNSJun 17, 2008 8:19 PM

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 21, 2008 2:38 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, very nice. I wondered what kind of surprise they'd come up with. Enjoyed the episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2008 8:04 AM

May 2008
Too...many...ZEROS o_o
I was wondering what happened to Nina,not too bad to have her back (I guess) Nice hairdo though
Oh,and according to statistics that was the 1,000th anime episode I watched. Neat :]

OranSolus said:
Zero reduced his name to a symbol...who does he think he is, Prince!

LMAO! xD
Aug 11, 2008 1:45 PM

Feb 2008
lol. One million Zeros. Win. XD
Aug 25, 2008 11:46 PM

May 2008
Ishmael said:
lol

Lulu really thought this one out. 1 million zeros wtf?
LOL!!
Sep 17, 2008 12:49 PM

Mar 2008
Hmm... interesting episode, great interpretation of a brittanian law ^^
Nov 7, 2008 7:16 PM

Aug 2008
De-JaY said:
lol. One million Zeros. Win. XD

hahaha Lelouch made fun of the entire goverment! xD
Funny twist... Getting 1m of those costumes must had been hard :S

Anyway, I take it that he will not be attending school anymore?
Feb 7, 2009 3:03 PM

Mar 2008
:O :O :O
TOTALLY RIPPED OFF V FOR VENDETTA!!!!!!!
sugarplumfairyFeb 7, 2009 3:08 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2009 7:24 PM

Dec 2008
sugarplumfairy said:

My thoughts exactly. However, the difference between V for Vendetta and Code Geass was as follows:

I dare admit that I did rise from my seat and applaud one of the greatest twists I've seen in this series. We need more great twists in Japanimations these days. Well done! =D
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Feb 8, 2009 4:44 AM

Mar 2008
SilentMuse said:
sugarplumfairy said:

My thoughts exactly. However, the difference between V for Vendetta and Code Geass was as follows:

Ah yes well, there are of course major differences, but the same concept and tac-tic. It was used very well in Code Geass though (as usual thinking of brilliant come-backs out of dangerous situations to their advantage)
Feb 8, 2009 4:44 AM

Mar 2008
SilentMuse said:
sugarplumfairy said:

Ah yes well, there are of course major differences, but the same concept and tac-tic. It was used very well in Code Geass though (as usual thinking of brilliant come-backs out of dangerous situations to their advantage)
Mar 26, 2009 4:56 PM

Nov 2008
wow.. a great strategy from zero once again~
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Apr 8, 2009 5:12 PM

Jun 2008
Finally we see Sayoko again! ^-^ I wonder how they all dressed so fast to being Zero... well I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of this.
HEY!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.