Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2010 9:05 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverSep 19, 2010 9:10 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 19, 2010 9:41 PM

Nov 2009
is that really the end of it? CAN'T BE! CAN'T BE!!!!!!!!!! I WANT A SEASON 2!!!!! THIS IS BULL GIVE ME SEASON 2!!!!!!!!

Somebody pinch and tell me this is not some dream some weird ass nightmare that loves to troll.

If this was the end i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unsatisfied. I mean its like having sex and your partner stops half way, WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO ABOUT EXCITED LARRY DOWN THERE!!!!!! On a serious note great episode
I think i saw a cookie monster!

No wait, its just death.
Sep 19, 2010 9:44 PM

Feb 2009
Alright, I totally admit it. This series is my guilty pleasure.

This episode... I have to admit, was freaking epic. When they focus on the zombie bashing goodness, that's what I wanted from this series. I don't care if it's not thought provoking, tear-jerking or whatever, I got exactly what I wanted from this series with this episode, hopefully they will continue on this thread (and perhaps less ecchi fanservice? (Yeah right)).

Totally needs a second season. Sure, it's not deep with a good plotline, there really aren't any amazing characters... But I do really enjoy this series.

Overall, 7/10.

I'm looking forward to the OVA. And definitely looking forward to a second season.

And hey, I already KNOW there are going to be comments about the gravity-defying humvee, but I don't care. That was freaking awesome. Way better then matrix boobs.
KipperchaSep 19, 2010 9:55 PM
Sep 19, 2010 9:48 PM

Jul 2009
I bitched and whined about having to watch this show after that godawful boob shooting scene (because it only seemed to get worse from there) but this episode was solid. It was intense and exciting like the earlier episodes. That being said, even though I'd probably whine and complain about having to watch it, I now look forward to the arrival of the second season announcement.
Sep 19, 2010 9:49 PM
Feb 2010
Second season. There's no way there's not. Happy it's over though. Less anime to worry about, since Kuroshitsuji is over as well.
Sep 19, 2010 9:51 PM

Aug 2010
Exactly as I hoped it would end, with their escape and an obvious wink to a possible second season. It was a rough road but this series still managed to pull it off.
If they make an Akumetsu anime I will s**t bricks
Sep 19, 2010 9:51 PM

Apr 2009
Eh... They ended it at the most predictable point, similar to what they did with Black Lagoon. It wouldn't surprise me if this were to have a similar marketing scheme as Black Lagoon, season 1, eventually season 2, and when it's all caught up with the manga, release OVA's accordingly. I wouldn't mind a season 2 of HotD. I will for sure be watching the Bluray release for season 1.
ReaperEXESep 19, 2010 9:55 PM
Sep 19, 2010 10:05 PM

Jan 2010
I have to say they did a good job at making a fanservice anime that was entertaining and not just mindless drivel like 99% of its competitors.

It definitely doesn't deserve such a high rating though..maybe a 7/8 out of 10...and that's definitely generous.
Ok™
Sep 19, 2010 10:07 PM
Oct 2008
I liked the episode, my favorite part was where Takagi's mom ripped her skirt slightly and got the gun. I can't stop watching that scene
Sep 19, 2010 10:12 PM

Apr 2010
One thing i need to say is, I am really going to miss this Anime hope next season will be out fast.
The ending was nice and very well done, only shame is that the jerk ass preaching teacher still appeared to be alive.
The nuclear explosion was impressive to see, the EMP aftermath will bring even more chaos then there already is tho.
EMP is a effective way to immobilize a country since we can't go with out computers, there literally all around us.
As mentioned most moderns cars wont work if there has been a nuclear explosion old cars, talking pre 80's cars here should still work tho.

Only thing i am wondering about is why did they nuke near or in Japan, just targeting a random densely populated area?
Sep 19, 2010 10:12 PM

Oct 2008
A second season wouldn't be all that interesting if they kept to the source material... the shopping mall chapters are boring as fuck. There's not even enough in the manga to follow anyway.. but this obviously will get a sequel adaption.

Sep 19, 2010 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
EMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*goes to watch 24 S8 (yeah not CoD)*

LF> S2; hopefully my body will be ready for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2010 10:16 PM

Apr 2008
Aversa said:
Only thing i am wondering about is why did they nuke near or in Japan, just targeting a random densely populated area?

I would presume that they've targeted the China/Russia Block which is quite close to Japan.

*EDIT*
Two words:
Cold War
If you do politics then you'll understand why they would bomb there.
Sep 19, 2010 10:20 PM

Feb 2010
about time something happens

when saeko turned around and did that look she reminds me of ryuuji from toradora those eyes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2010 10:35 PM

Apr 2010
Hah, the lady at the end

Sep 19, 2010 10:50 PM

Aug 2010
Sep 19, 2010 10:50 PM

Apr 2010
Kazejimonji said:
Aversa said:

I would presume that they've targeted the China/Russia Block which is quite close to Japan.

*EDIT*
Two words:
Cold War
So the target would have been Beijing maybe Hong Kong, or a large military base of either Russia China or North Korea.
If they went for a Russian city they would most likely have gone for Moscow which is to far away to have effect on Japan.
Sep 19, 2010 11:02 PM

Apr 2008
Aversa said:
Kazejimonji said:
Aversa said:

*EDIT*
Two words:
Cold War
So the target would have been Beijing maybe Hong Kong, or a large military base of either Russia China or North Korea.
If they went for a Russian city they would most likely have gone for Moscow which is to far away to have effect on Japan.

Wel,l they DID say that they'll aim for densely populated places... And we might not know the exact magnitude of a nuclear blast... (According to my sources, If you were to nuke N.Korea, then it'll have enough power to sink it.). ><
Luckily though, the nuke in this ep exploded in the Sky... Hence the EMP effects
Sep 19, 2010 11:09 PM

Jun 2009
so they nuke because ? =/ i dont get politics afterall
~ And it's over already?:( tears*
really want the police officer arc to be in the OVA/ season2? but of course the manga has to speed up TOOD:
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 19, 2010 11:12 PM

Jul 2010
lol i think if they hadnt strayed so far from what was different about this series for 6 episodes and made them all like this and how they were in the beginning it would have been much more accepted and liked. they lost way too much of the original fan base - i dont think they will be able to get a second season after such a major loss
Sep 19, 2010 11:13 PM

Apr 2008
kerobear said:

Well look at it this way:
If you got ICBMs and Nukes coming right at you. You wouldn't just sit there right?
Sep 19, 2010 11:13 PM

Jan 2010
So that was it. And in the end we still don't know what on earth caused the zombie attack. xD
Sep 19, 2010 11:21 PM
Sep 2007
end wasnt that awesome, I mean last few min's xD would like if here is more episodes xD
Sep 19, 2010 11:31 PM

Nov 2008
Thank you Madhouse, for not ending this with a filler ending.

Sep 19, 2010 11:35 PM

Dec 2008
Yami-chii said:
So that was it. And in the end we still don't know what on earth caused the zombie attack. xD

Has the cause been revealed in the manga?
Sep 19, 2010 11:35 PM
Feb 2009
w0ww bulll crap i need a second season!!!
Sep 19, 2010 11:47 PM
Jan 2010
The check the laser dot thingy reminds me of Modern Warfare :D
Sep 19, 2010 11:48 PM

Oct 2008
Hydrazoid said:
Yami-chii said:

Has the cause been revealed in the manga?

No

Sep 19, 2010 11:52 PM

Mar 2009
Well.. the first ep got me onto the manga so I'll give it that much credit haha.
Sep 19, 2010 11:53 PM

Feb 2010
...thats all?
srsly , theres no real plot
Sep 19, 2010 11:54 PM
Aug 2010
If it's already over, im DISAPPOINTED.

But after all, the manga is still on-going, and they have to wait till the manga stops far enough so they can make more episodes.
Sep 19, 2010 11:55 PM
Jul 2008
So, I didn't like the ending. I'd rather have the episode end in the highway.
Sep 19, 2010 11:56 PM

Jun 2009
i want more much more sooo good
Sep 20, 2010 12:02 AM

Feb 2010
Really nice episode. Holding a zombie army back XD
Needs more episodes!
Sep 20, 2010 12:02 AM

Sep 2010
Can't wait for season 2..
Bitches Love Smiley Faces... : )
Sep 20, 2010 12:06 AM

Mar 2010
Okay..That was one unsatisfying last episode.It looked to me like they ran out of ideas and decided to leave the things "unsettled".Or they want a 2nd season..First of all what was the meaning of that nuking?And that electro-whatever thing??They disabled the electronic devices so that the zombies wouldn't use cellphones or airplaines to fly??That didn't make sense.Unless their purpose was to wipe all humanity in a more suffering way.Leave them without communication and escape methods so that they will eventually be eaten..Anyway that whole politics thing isn't my strong field..
I would like to know how it all started..What was the cause of that zombie-wondering around thing. would like a 2nd season but only if it would explain some of this stuff and show the END.And by that i mean who dies, who lives,how it all ends, do they kill the zombies, do they flee to another planet, do they all die etc..
Sep 20, 2010 12:11 AM

Apr 2010
Obvious second season ending is obvious

Sep 20, 2010 12:16 AM
May 2010
kerobear said:

It's an EMP, and I believe that was what the U.S. president gave the order to launch right before his death.

Why? I have no idea, maybe they'll bother to explain it sometime.
Sep 20, 2010 12:30 AM
Dec 2009
This episode was awesome. This is how I wanted it. Alot of zombies and action.

9/10
Sep 20, 2010 12:51 AM
Feb 2010
Well, all good this must come to an end and for HoTD, it ended with epicness.
For one thing, i really have to give my eternal gratitude to Madhouse for animating this, it completely crossed my expectations with its animation, music and ofc, fanservice.
I'll never forget the day HoTD came out....the excitement, the anger when the stream site crashed and finally the relief when some groups decided to scan it.
Overall, it was a great ride, might be one of the best 12 weeks i've ever had.

Now that aside, time for the Highlights of the today's EP:

The Nukes scene: Kinda confusing TBH, left me thinking "Wait....wtf?" when it ended.
Apocalypse Fight scenes: Epicness. Really, everything from the fights to the people getting devoured and even the environment of the battle seemed awesome.
The escape scene: Okay, i really enjoyed this part alot, i mean srsly , the bus driving at that angle was awesome, especially when Takshi saved Saeko towards the end, + 10 points of win to him for that.
Bridge scene: Nice ending, with everyone smiling to eachother be4 Takashi begins the battle with "them"
Ending song: Really nice. Honestly, props to Madhouse and the singer making every song fit with the mood of the episode.

Overall Score: 10/10
KoisolaJul 10, 2011 4:29 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Sep 20, 2010 1:32 AM

Oct 2008
Highschool of the dead died. I don't know what I expected but the last episode was absolutely retarded. The beginning seemed as if it might have some sort of plot, and in episode 11 with the launching of Nuclear missiles it appeared the series was going to go out with a bang, but instead they used it as plot device to make the series completely unintelligible for me. As others have stated there is no reason for the launch of EMP weapons which have absolutely zero effect on Zombies? Retarded! Continued gratuitous fan-service which was entertaining, in a exploitation sense when used moderately, just became annoying. Seriously disappointed, of course I don't know what I should have expected. I guess the first few episodes did a decent job of creating a very creepy atmosphere reminiscent to other well made zombie movies like Dawn of the Dead and Resident Evil. It's too bad really.

4/10 for the first three episodes, rather than a 1/10 for just terrible plot design and overuse of fanservice.
Sep 20, 2010 1:34 AM

Nov 2008
Not a bad ride.

It kinda got slow there in the middle, but a great episode to end the season with.

Not gonna make any statements about the minor details, because let's face it, some of you guys are way too serious about this show and I aint feeding the fire.

Over all for the season? ---- 8/10
Sep 20, 2010 1:40 AM

Jul 2010
Looks like its finished , i expected better for the last episode tough :(
Sep 20, 2010 1:46 AM

Aug 2009
I knew the anime would end at the mall part. I hate that they were all smiling at the end. Nothing to smile about! 8/10
Sep 20, 2010 1:53 AM

Sep 2009
Really enjoyed this one. Also thought it was extremely well made. Look forward to the OVA!
Sep 20, 2010 2:00 AM
Sep 2010
This anime was nothing short of epic. The fanservice, the action, the horror.....it was all superb. Definitely did excellent in delivering everything that the anime was about. Definitely excelled in each of its genre's. A perfect 10/10 for me.
Sep 20, 2010 2:05 AM

Oct 2008
Orion1 said:
Highschool of the dead died. I don't know what I expected but the last episode was absolutely retarded. The beginning seemed as if it might have some sort of plot, and in episode 11 with the launching of Nuclear missiles it appeared the series was going to go out with a bang, but instead they used it as plot device to make the series completely unintelligible for me. As others have stated there is no reason for the launch of EMP weapons which have absolutely zero effect on Zombies? Retarded! Continued gratuitous fan-service which was entertaining, in a exploitation sense when used moderately, just became annoying. Seriously disappointed, of course I don't know what I should have expected. I guess the first few episodes did a decent job of creating a very creepy atmosphere reminiscent to other well made zombie movies like Dawn of the Dead and Resident Evil. It's too bad really.

4/10 for the first three episodes, rather than a 1/10 for just terrible plot design and overuse of fanservice.

+100 to u for an awesome post
Sep 20, 2010 2:10 AM

Aug 2010
Orion1 said:
As others have stated there is no reason for the launch of EMP weapons which have absolutely zero effect on Zombies? Retarded!

Even in a zombie apocalypse, each country's government is doing what it can to prevent another country from gaining global dominance during this time of crisis, but at the same time attempting to gain dominance over the others by crippling them, which is where the EMP's come in. It's M.A.D because each government can't trust one other, and for good reason.
Sep 20, 2010 2:16 AM
Feb 2010
Hansinkdu said:
Orion1 said:
As others have stated there is no reason for the launch of EMP weapons which have absolutely zero effect on Zombies? Retarded!

Even in a zombie apocalypse, each country's government is doing what it can to prevent another country from gaining global dominance during this time of crisis, but at the same time attempting to gain dominance over the others by crippling them, which is where the EMP's come in. It's M.A.D because each government can't trust one other, and for good reason.

^ This.
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Sep 20, 2010 2:30 AM

Mar 2009
As for emp , it might be because they wanted to end off the living population so that "they" don't spread anymore. or in the above post.

If it's a nuke , it's to kill "them" and humans in Japan? ; so that the people in other countries might be able to go there soon and live in there? Not really sure about it, japan might be completed wiped out of the Earth surface if the nuke actually hits it?
Mokyuu♥~!!

Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 25, 2010

404 by DarkXion »»
Mar 16, 11:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1364 by JojoJamsey »»
Mar 4, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.