Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Betrayal Knows My Name
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 2010 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
1) Why do people who like it continue to talk about why they like it? Because it's a discussion.

2) The reasons why someone watches a show has nothing to do with the show being bad. So why not talk about the show instead letting your fanboy/girl craze overpower your ability to recognize that this is a discussion?

3) Lots of anime aren't cliche. There is a clear negative connotation with cliche, that I think most people would distinguish from a simple trope or plot mechanism. The issue isn't that something is used, but how it's used. Uraboku doesn't bother to make a story. They just give a bunch of tropes and ask the viewers to make up the story and background as more information and characters are introduced. That's cliche.

4) If it bothers you to see opinions that don't fall in line with your own, then I'd ask you not to come into a discussion where that's about 100% bound to happen.
Sep 20, 2010 8:12 PM

Mar 2009
2/10
Sep 20, 2010 8:40 PM

Dec 2008
noteDhero said:
1) Why do people who like it continue to talk about why they like it? Because it's a discussion.

2) The reasons why someone watches a show has nothing to do with the show being bad. So why not talk about the show instead letting your fanboy/girl craze overpower your ability to recognize that this is a discussion?

3) Lots of anime aren't cliche. There is a clear negative connotation with cliche, that I think most people would distinguish from a simple trope or plot mechanism. The issue isn't that something is used, but how it's used. Uraboku doesn't bother to make a story. They just give a bunch of tropes and ask the viewers to make up the story and background as more information and characters are introduced. That's cliche.

4) If it bothers you to see opinions that don't fall in line with your own, then I'd ask you not to come into a discussion where that's about 100% bound to happen.

Well said, so eloquently in fact. =D
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Sep 20, 2010 10:31 PM
Feb 2009
WOW! This show started off REALLY interesting and then...it....just.....started...to....zzzz....zzzzZZZzzzz...zzzz...

4/10
Sep 21, 2010 12:10 AM

Mar 2008
WOW did that ending sucked balls -___-

Way ago to make everything exciting in ep23 and then this happened.. Really though yes it was sweet but at the same time stilled sucked... If there is a season 2 going to be make (god please) then by the end season 1 went, theres really going to be no shounen-ai -______-

BUT Seeing Regia/Kanata in a uniform, WOW that made everything happy, and Luze =] but no more seeing Luka =[

HURRY UP WITH SEASON 2!!! If not im seriously crack the shits about this...

8/10
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Sep 21, 2010 8:51 AM

Feb 2008
The ending was..... ugghh... ? so one-sided

thought of more fights since they're in the battle and is the last episode. but..... hhmm... kinda disapponted. I think I was just expecting too much

Sep 24, 2010 3:26 PM

Jul 2009
Okay, something REALLY didn't make sense with this ending. This episodes was quite odd, and i'm not quite sure what to take away from this.

I was hoping for some type of closure or resolution to at least something, and some more insight to Yuki and Luka's relationship. It was like...so anticlimactic.

The odd part of this episode was the eyecatch. It went from the battle, Yuki and Luka being shiny...then...eyecatch, and then to Yuki laying in bed...and it just didn't make sense. what the heck happened?

I'm trying to figure out if this indeed give an excuse for a second season.
-Jenn
Sep 25, 2010 2:12 AM

Nov 2007
That was a pretty disappointing episode. Let's see where I was right this time:

yamakasi said:
Takashiro sure is taking his sweet time turning up. I guess it'll be him vs. Reiga and Luka vs. deus ex machina brother Luze then. I'm not even gonna comment on how bad of a plot point the random and perfectly-timed Luze is. (Oh wait...)

Oh well, I didn't really expect much.

A less than average show, the only good parts being Luka and the two OPs. Bad parts include woeful plot, characterisation and development. 3/10 overall from me.
yamakasiSep 25, 2010 2:21 AM
Sep 25, 2010 6:55 AM

Aug 2008
the ending is okey if there's a 2nd season; since nothing got resolved xD
the zweilts getting along was so cute :3
Sep 25, 2010 3:14 PM

Apr 2010
The ending was nice in my opinion, I really hope there's a second season!
Sep 25, 2010 4:24 PM
Jul 2010
alwaysbored said:
Sarukah said:
Wow, the disappointment is overwhelming. They did not resolve one thing. Not one.

I agree. The biggest reason i watched this show for was to see Yuki's reaction when he finds out about his past with Luka... at least Luka was a decent bishie ... 5/10 just cause the music and art were nice ...

Same for me. I want to know Yuki and Luca's past and see how Yuki react. Not a single thing. I'm disappointed at the ending, but at least I got to see Luca in action and the music was awesome.
Sep 25, 2010 4:27 PM
Jul 2010
momomilk said:
IT was a sweet ending but really, lol there needs to be a season 2 where they go more in depth about the guardians, more action, MORE LUKA x YUKI?

And uh....I want more Luka and Yuki scenes cause, -__- there wasn't enough cause the freaking guardians always got to interrupt...(cock-blockers)

anyways, well, a concluding way to end season one and transition to season 2 and I'm sure, that won't be out until a while.

I really want a season 2. I hope when the producer made this ending they already planned for a season 2. That would be awesome.
Sep 25, 2010 6:01 PM

Jun 2010
im really disappointed tbh i hoped for some badass fight tht they where buiding towards but on the other hand if there is a second season im glad it ended this way so they may fail killing one another and need to retreat so that they can build another story from it.
still bad ending
Sep 25, 2010 10:16 PM

Jul 2008
I agree with it not resolving anything. NOTHING was ended. No main characters died, no one won or lost, the battle is just postponed. There was not that much relationship development between anyone. Yuki didn't find out about his past life. Etc.

5/10. Boring too.
Sep 27, 2010 1:50 PM
Aug 2010
It was EPIC! Luka kicked ass!!! And Yuki was amazing in his own way as usual.

I wonder if there will be a second season? I found it left us hanging.

Crunchyroll had BAAAADDDD subs though XD.

Sep 27, 2010 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
I got a little confused with the jump from the fight where Luka and Yuki are holding hands to Yuki lying in bed in his room. But oh well. I enjoyed the series overall and hope they continue with a second season. I'm going to buy the manga when it comes out. (I heard it's licensed in the US.) Hopefully, the manga goes more in depth.
Oct 2, 2010 11:40 PM

Aug 2008
First off, straight guy not a screaming fan girl.

The good points of this were;
*Luka- even as a guy i have to admit he is good looking, and cool as hell, awesome character

*Sodom- Cute little thing, then destructive beast, then cute demon boy? pretty sure it was male, but damn it would of been better female for how it looked.

*Story setup was pretty good, interesting, and ofcourse full of beautiful characters, 95% of which were male granted, but Toko was cute so least something for me show interest in.

The bad;
*Yuki- seriously whiny, why me, poor me, blah blah blah, yea situation sucked, but how he reacted and gets depressed everyime is annoying. Though at times he wasnt that bad a character(rare though lol).

*Zweits- the general godlike worship of Yuki. In itself isnt too bad, but like IceAndCream says in a review
" When Yuki is sad, everyone sits around in the living room, doing nothing. When he is away from the house, they stand around in the dining room, doing nothing. And the whole time, they randomly call out his name: "Yuki," or ask, "I wonder how Yuki is doing now?" "I wonder how he's feeling?" "I feel so sorry for Yuki." It made me want to say, "SHUT UP AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE!!! DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO?" For warriors, they spend a lot of time worrying about their comrade's...angst. I almost forgot this story was supposed to be about a big battle of good vs. evil."
Which is very true, i felt alot of time was wasted dealing with his mood swings and their reactions than was needed.

*Ending- Well after episode 23 reaches such a climax you wonder how things in 24 will turn out with only an episode to finish up all the fights, so i guess it was to be expected it'd turn out as it did.
That doesnt make it ok though, Luka's brother enjoyed maybe 5mins of screen time, the Generals never finished their fights, Reiga wasnt truely defeated. All because Yuki immitates Vegeta with his own Final Explosion technique, except true to his powers heal the good guys hurts the bad, and makes people realise their mistakes(wtf).
A disappointing ending in that respect but it was kind of nice that everyone lived, and that Yuki and Luka stay together, as early on in the series i expected atleast one of them to die at the end.
At times it looked like Yuki got some memories back, but wasnt clear, some of those flashbacks might of been Luka i couldnt always tell. I also wish like others that we had seen more on their past, and Yuki knowing that they were once lovers, though it might feel wierd to find out while reincarnated as a guy.

I did enjoy it overall, with Luka and Sodom being my reasons to like it and dispite the ending i still decided to give a 8. I dont know if there will be a second season, nor am i sure if i would want one. Yea plenty of things need answering, but its doubtful they would change how the show flows and feels, leading us to get alot more of bad parts with very little positives to look forward too.
Oct 3, 2010 4:10 PM

Jul 2009
So disappointing. And they completely wimped out on the whole BL front. Not even a freaking hug.
Oct 13, 2010 1:17 AM

May 2010
So, the ending left me with a warm, fuzzy, happy feeling but it did seem somewhat anticlimactic to me. They definitely need to do a second season, though, in order for it to have any sense of completion. Also, I really wish Luka and male Yuki had hooked up. Or that Luka had told Yuki about their past at least. Oh well. That said, I did love this series.
Nov 7, 2010 12:38 PM

Jul 2009
I want more Luze

and Yuki didn't get no romance scenes with Luka-.-

complete BS.

Terrible ending.
Nov 11, 2010 4:25 PM

Apr 2010
Oh I'm alittle disappointed, we don't get enough of Luze; Yuki doesn't even kiss Luka, and Hotsuma didn't even tackle Shusei in bed like I expected; but I'm abit feeling happy for them.
But didn't you miss something? What happened to Reiga? Last time we saw him, he was sitting in a window. And then what? What becomes of him?
If Yuki's light makes you realize your mistakes, does that mean Kanata-san is back?

Honestly it's abit disappointing and confusing; maybe there's a second season? I have no idea. . . .
Dec 2, 2010 7:52 PM

Nov 2007
What what...i finally made myself watch the whole thing after many months aaand this is it?disappointed...
They did not solve one thing...NOTHING...(Luka and Yuki didn´t even make out...AAAARGH...not like i wasn´t expecting it)
also,it was super annyoing how they were all disgustingly emphatic..."omg,i wonder how is Yuki...Poor Yuki must suffer for you..Yuki this...Yuki that* Let´s quote great professor Snape..."I may vomit"...lol
That´s it...i am joining Reiga and i hope to kill all the goody goody characters...(except Takashiro because he is hot and not annoying...and Hotsuma x Shuusei because they are OTP etc. And Tsukumo is cute...)
But,despite my rant i quite liked it...i am giving 7.And i need to go back to the manga.And they need to make second round.
I hope there is doujinshi...
Dec 2, 2010 9:32 PM

May 2010
Black_wind said:
I hope there is doujinshi...

So agree! That's the only way we'll ever get to any action with these characters!
Jan 10, 2011 2:29 PM

Feb 2009
So we didn't get any info about Yuki's life as a female, we didn't get any yaoi from ANYONE,

and I'm supposed to expect that Reiga, Elergy, and Cadenza just got scared by a little light and went away? Psh.

Jan 10, 2011 2:29 PM

Feb 2009
So we didn't get any info about Yuki's life as a female, we didn't get any yaoi from ANYONE,

and I'm supposed to expect that Reiga, Elergy, and Cadenza just got scared by a little light and went away? Psh.

Jan 11, 2011 2:24 PM

Dec 2010
i loved this anime <3

Jan 28, 2011 4:11 PM

May 2008
Just what exactly happened there? I'm a little bit confused here.
Anyway it was a great show, I gave it a 8/10. I hope they'll consider a second season though to clear up this ending~
Feb 4, 2011 7:37 PM

Jun 2009
I think that everything about the last episode just screams SECOND SEASON, as everyone said, it was way too open for an end, and the issue with Riega wasn't over yet, If there is a second season, I'd love to see more about LukaXYuki's relationship, and I thought that Yuki was gonna regain his memories so he can heat it up with Luka :P But it didn't happen as I hoped it would :( I hope a second season or some specials will make up for that, if not then I'll switch to the manga, even though I don't like reading ongoing mangas with slow scanlations X(
Feb 21, 2011 9:13 PM

Sep 2009
When I walked into this series, I was not expecting anything worth higher than a 3/10. I was not expecting any sort of final battle in the first place. I expected the series to go out with a whimper, not a bang. So the fact that there was SOME sort of battle near the end was enough to satisfy me. I suppose having low expectations might make things seem better than they really are.

For the rest of the post, I'm going to rant, so turn away if you're bored already or if you might be offended. Forums are for discussions, after all. Just gonna say beforehand: I don't hate UraBoku. Granted, I don't exactly love it, but I definitely don't dislike it.

Before that, just wondering, what good aspects are there in UraBoku? All I can think of are the hot bishies, nice soundtrack, decent art, and (somewhat?) interesting characters. Although it seems like most people just watch for the bishies. I personally find some of them to rather one-dimensional, but hey, with those looks, I can't really complain as a girl. Anyway...

First of all, I feel like the series would be a lot better without Yuki. Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand that he was intended to be somewhat hesitant and easily swayed by his emotions. However, his weakness and god-like importance were NOT portrayed and explained very well.
Whenever Yuki is unconscious or even away on some random trip, nearly the whole cast just sits around dejectedly, constantly wondering about how Yuki is doing. I know that Yuki is definitely a precious friend. I get that. They're all good buddies and whatnot. But seriously, they spend way more time worrying about him rather than the "upcoming final battle" or whatever. And how does Yuki always get another person to listen to what he says and actually take his advice? Everybody always immediately listens to what he has to say, takes it to heart, becomes a better person within a couple minutes, and then suddenly loves Yuki for slapping talking some sense into them.

More annoyingly, everybody is like "Ohmahgod Yuki is still new to all this and we don't want to hurt our best friend so let's all fight harder! Somehow! Let's...avoid injuring ourselves so Yuki doesn't have to get hurt, defeating his/her entire role as a healer! And we'll totally let Yuki stand in the middle of the battlefield, even though we're not letting him heal our injuries, he's rarely healing anyone in the first place, and Zura Kanata Reiga could totally kidnap him! :DDD!"
Furthermore, besides their partners, they don't seem to really worry about the others getting hurt. But they somehow break down if Yuki gets hurt healing them. Hm. Based on that logic: Without Yuki in the series in the first place, no one would be constantly worrying, and the series would actually be much more enjoyable. Huh.

The plot and character development are decent at best. Pretty much everything was cliche too, but I'm personally okay with cliche things. For the most part. Anyway, I find it annoying that we rarely get to see much of their pasts. Without some insight, I can't really sympathize with the characters. I just won't feel sorry for them. As for character development: Sure, they become better people, but making a complete Heel Face Turn after Yuki complains a bit is incredibly unbelievable. Yuki doesn't seem THAT charismatic. If he really is, then apparently it's not prominent enough for an idiot like me to notice.

I'm cutting my rant short here. I still have to give this series credit, though. Even though the plot was in ruins, the point of the series was mostly to appeal to young girls interested in hot, bishie guys, right? And UraBoku accomplished just that. Look how many fangirls there are here. To say that the series was a failure is not entirely true.
As mentioned in some other post, the anime was intended to closely follow the manga. So far, it's been relatively good with that, and the art, animation, and soundtrack are great (I'll still have to get used to seeing ridiculously pointy chins though. Seriously, Fem!Yuki in the first opening looked like a guy with long hair in a dress). Therefore the near-lack of plot and character development can be blamed on the original mangaka. The producers of the anime can't make up too much crap, after all. Excuse me for sounding way too optimistic about the series here, but it's true.

All in all, I'm giving this series a 6/10.
Mar 5, 2011 8:01 PM

Oct 2010
akromataof said:
What kind of ice cream is blue??

The episode was nice..Not good for a last one, though.It looked kinda rushed, didn't give any explanations and if there isn't a 2nd season the series have failed for me.It started in a way and ended in a whole different way..Perhaps they should decide whether they want it more in the adventure category or in the shounen-ai category because trying to make both clearly didn't work.Do they want the fights and the bad versus good thing or do they want to focus on yuki and luka and their relationship,past and future??
For me the plot had so many holes that it looks like emmental cheese..So let's hope for a 2nd season soon..

i've trie dit before, but it's korean ice cream. not as tasty as it looked. it's like soda flavoured.
Mar 13, 2011 5:07 PM

Aug 2010
Thinking about rewatching *sigh* however... don't think I can stand getting pissed off at how this ended again... I mean... seriously...? WHERE"S THE BL FANSERVICE I WAS LOOKING FOR?!
"참 많은 파도가친다.앞으로 여행할길은 너무멀고길지만 멈추면안돼.. 멈춘순간 어른이 되어가는 길을 포기하는 나락으로 떨어진다. 어른이되어가는 경험은 이제부터 시작이지만 아직어리고 젊다는 최고의무기로 아직 눈앞에 보이지않는 더넓은 세상을 밟고싶다."
--김재중
CLICK IF YOU WISH
Mar 18, 2011 1:22 PM

Jan 2011
Why it had to end like that?! ;( Disapointing!
Apr 17, 2011 5:39 PM
Dec 2010
I have heard some complaints about the ending....let us watch

lol..."oh yeah...I have this evil twin brother btw" this twin thing seems to resonate from Vampire Knight (what is this girlish fetish with twins fighting and what not?)

ha. To make up for the shitty ending they created all these cute/chibi/suggestive moments

where the hell did they all come from? Give me something anything, anything more then the grasping of the hands! yes....? NO

holy crap this ending was almost as bad as Loveless's. I seriously give up on anime, I’m going to stick to mangas, at least they don’t pretend to be over when they're actually not
Apr 24, 2011 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
depression. T_T this didn't resolve anything. so many things that weren't dealt with. yuki + luka's past lives, i mean, srsly, yuki didn't even ASK anything/FEEL anything for luka. at least not as strongly as i woulda liked. ;) gahhh..

and whatever happened to the relationship between the butler and takashiro? i wanted them to develop their relationship. ;)) :(

and the whole cadenza/luze/red-head/KANATA still being alive is so gay. there better be a season 2 to finish this off!

plus some minor complaints;
not too much shounnen-ai, i felt misleaded. xD plus, it's not too romantic either. more friendship. :/ not that i mind.

and i hate how yuki is so useless. >: ( healings great, but he should really learn to fight... even though it might contradict him
Jun 28, 2011 6:17 PM

Mar 2009
The ending was far too open-ended. The 'final battle' they were leading up to was a total sham.
The series as a whole... It took me over a year to complete this show so I guess that speaks for itself? Incredibly lacklustre show, average characters. I kept watching hoping something would improve but eh, didn't deliver.

In the end, what actually happened? Yuki got an incredibly large harem - hell, even the dragon was given a human shota form; inconclusive ending with enemy attacks delayed; everyone lived (was kind of hoping for character death - Takashiro seemed most likely).
Hotsuma/Shuusei was the only good thing about the show.

A second season may be good to patch things up/get a real ending but hell, they had 24 episodes to do that. Most definitely would not be watching if they made one.
Jul 6, 2011 8:59 PM

Dec 2010
Frustrating end. I think it was by episode 21 where I was beginning to wonder how the series would wrap up within 3 episodes. Well, it didn't ahaha.

A new character was introduced, Luka's brother? Reaalllly where did you come from now. I felt like I was ripped of what could've been an epic battle between ~*~good vs. evil~*~ But a second season is totally needed. Like c'mon, nothing was given about Luka and Yuki's past! Other than they were lovers pffft. Not much depth huh?

Overall, ehhhhh. I watched it for the bishies teehee but you can't find an anime nowadays with a decent end. Lastly, I cannot unsee:

Luka →Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)
Tachibana →Urahara (Bleach)
Toko →Misa misa (Death Note)
Tsukumo →Usui (Kaichou wa Maid-sama)
Yuki →every other weak female protagonist yee
Sep 14, 2011 5:09 PM

Jan 2011
Luka →Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)
I watched it mainly, because of this. :D
Jan 2, 2012 2:44 AM

Jun 2009
lol this anime had so much potential....if only it was longer so they could put the full story, like expanding on what happened to Reiga in the past...but maybe they're just opening it for a possible next season...hopefully >__<
Jan 14, 2012 3:29 AM

Jan 2011
I want more Uraboku! o*0*o
I hope they make a 2nd season
I want to see the fight between Luka and Luze. If I'm not mistaken they didn't finish their fight, did they? It's been 1 or 2 years since I've watched it.
Jan 19, 2012 4:11 AM

Jul 2011
Bad ending to a average anime at best. It was like they got together and said hey, let's make an anime, introduce the plot and then not explain anything about that plot. For instance, there are numerous things left up int he air about the past (how yuki died, luka's first interactions with yuki etc), why yuki was so damn important to everyone to begin with, what happened to yuki's mother, who was his father and why was it a secret, there were 4 saints, 3 of which were accounted for but what of the 4th? If duras were destroyed by God's light how did the one inside (can't remember his name) the "master" survive? Why was Yuki reincarnated to begin with, obviously wasn't killed by a duras as that destroys the soul...I mean you can go on and on and on about things that were not answered or even close to adequately addressed.

Instead what did you get? People sitting on their ass moaning about Yuki. "I hope Yuki's ok" "Why must Yuki suffer" "I wonder if Yuki needs help wiping his ass" To bad this show was interesting at first, and the battles were nice especially the parts invovling dragons. Oh well, I generously gave this a 5/10 because taking all the BS out, there were nice parts.

Apr 17, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
wow who would thought i that i would like shonen ai show.
Apr 17, 2012 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
A "meh" series for me. Didn't catch my attention much and weak storyline but somewhat good with the art and style.
May 12, 2012 2:30 AM
May 2012
What!? It ended already!! Is there second season??
Jun 12, 2012 9:26 AM

Dec 2008
Majorly disappointed in the ending. I see that the manga is still being published so I can only hope that they'll make a 2nd season when it's done. I think I am going to just read it though. The story and characters were brilliant, if only they didn't leave so much unexplained.. The pasts of important characters.. Why Reiga lost his mind.. and the fact that he was riencarnated.. means he died doesn't it? So wouldn't he just come back again if he died again? Or did Takishiro bring him back with everyone else..? Which would just be pointless.. >.>' Hopefully they explain this in the manga. Plus, why the hell couldn't Yuki and Luka be left alone for two seconds!? It was like someone had to show up everytime and ruin the moment. >.< There deffinitly were some good things in this series which are worth noting. Luka. <3 He is now one of my favorite characters ever. :3 I totally felt for him and the pain he was going through having to hold in his feelings for Yuki. *hugs Luka*((Plus, he was quite smexy)) Of course Yuki never remembers or is told about his past with him, so that was quite disappointing and unsettling. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.. lol ((this is an edit cause my ps3 only allowed so many characters for some reason. D:))

Idk, all I really want is for another season.((With tons of Luka-ness)) They deffinitly left it open for one.. "Hey guys.. the enemy probably won't attack for a while so go do some normal things".. *rolls eyes* Shuusei and Hotsuma were probably my fav pair.. I could stand monents with out Luka if it were about them lol. I think I would have liked Touko and Tsukumo alot more if they showed a bit more about them. Oh well.. I'm already 1 chapter into the manga so we'll see. Hopefully they are actually currently working on the manga instead of being on some hiatus that I won't find out about until I get to the "end".. I might be hurting someone then lol.

Overall, I gave this season a 7/10.
FeatherLynneJun 12, 2012 1:40 PM

Jun 24, 2012 9:10 AM

Dec 2009
What a frustrating anime, we spend the whole anime with everyone saying: Yuki that, Yuki this. Yuki is so important to them yet we didn't get to know why. His past life wasn't completely shown and it just sucks. Damn... And I hate Yuki. He's useless even though he has some powers.

6/10
Giving this score because the art and animation was pretty good, plus I enjoyed one of the characters; Shuusei.
Jul 2, 2012 1:16 AM
Jul 2012
Can someone please tell me where does the manga continue the anime?
Jul 16, 2012 10:50 PM

Oct 2007
Lets hope there is a second season that does some more explaining. Although I am curious about Yuki's previous life, Im more curious as to why he is so important, other than the healing aspect. They act like he is the key to everything but I have no idea why...
And the ending was a bit lack luster, it had a couple good moments.

The story itself would be better with more explanation. I didnt find it to be that bad though(other than the lack of previously mentioned issues). I like the characters and yes, that means I am also a Luka fan =)

Dec 28, 2012 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
Sarukah said:
Wow, the disappointment is overwhelming. They did not resolve one thing. Not one. And that proposed "final battle" they were building so hard towards last episode was just thrown out the window. Worse yet, even after 24 episodes we don't get to know anything about Yuki's girl life and how exactly it ended and all that. DISAPPOINTMENT I CANT EVEN HANDLE

At one moment I thought Yuki was gonna be like " I'm gonna kill myself " and luka was gonna say " I will free you " but none of that happened.

WHERE THE HELL DID REIGA AND THE GENERAL CLASS OPATHS GO ? and why is that ending so damn boring ?
Nothing was explained about yuki's role in this whole thing, and the fact he was reborn as a guy and reiga was reborn as his childhood friend remains unclear. Why do the Zweilts keep saying " why does he have to suffer " I didn't see him endure that much pain really -__- and I can't grasp the idea of why they all care about him so much when he's annoying , stupid and quite useless really.
I was longing to see more of Yuki's previous life and all and finally see him and luka together but NO. There has to be a second season..

6/10
RainsDec 28, 2012 2:09 PM
Insert wise quote here
May 11, 2014 4:55 AM

Aug 2013
There were a lot of unanswered questions.

How did Yuki and Luka meet? Why is Yuki so important to everyone else? How did Yuki die? Why was he reborn as a male? Why doesn't he remember anything?

I think a second season is needed to answer these questions.

6/10
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 28, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2012
What? Is that it? I come in expecting a really cool reincarnation-themed mystery/supernatural anime and this is all I get? Talk about wasted potential. Like seriously, the art/character design was so nice and they picked top quality seiyuu and the premise was nice...but nothing was fulfilled in the end.

Liinah said:
What a frustrating anime, we spend the whole anime with everyone saying: Yuki that, Yuki this. Yuki is so important to them yet we didn't get to know why. His past life wasn't completely shown and it just sucks. Damn... And I hate Yuki. He's useless even though he has some powers.

6/10
Giving this score because the art and animation was pretty good, plus I enjoyed one of the characters; Shuusei.

exactly this LOOOL even the part on shuusei i agree. the entire show was:

Everyone: We love Yuki! We will protect Yuki!
Partners (to partners): I love Yuki but I want to stay by your side...
Yuki: Omg Lukas...Omg...Lukas...
Lukas: I WILL NEVER BETRAY YUKI! NEVER!

waterfallsxo said:
There were a lot of unanswered questions. How did Yuki and Luka meet? Why is Yuki so important to everyone else? How did Yuki die? Why was he reborn as a male? Why doesn't he remember anything? I think a second season is needed to answer these questions.

LOL THIS ALL OF IT
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 5 Discussion

SephiriAzure - May 9, 2010

47 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 4 Discussion

The_Punisher - May 2, 2010

37 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 17, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 2 Discussion

starrysky - Apr 18, 2010

48 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Apr 9, 2010

79 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 1:55 PM

» Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru 2nd season???

meowskie - Sep 20, 2010

21 by misscherie »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.