Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2010 4:10 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Did the preview just spoil that it would be another tie?

Also, the fact that it was a tie anyways is kind of hard to believe. But I can't believe Ichigo screwed up again in the finals! I hope they win next episode though!

The episode felt really rushed to me. We barely saw them make the sweets, and the scoring and tasting happened very quickly as well. I preferred having an entire episode dedicated to them making the sweets, then the judging at the very end or a cliffhanger or something.
kuroshiroiOct 30, 2010 8:24 AM
Sep 18, 2010 4:23 PM

Aug 2009
FUUUUUUUUU, I shouldn't have watched the preview.
Sep 18, 2010 7:43 PM

Sep 2008
Stupid preview spoiled us!

- Lol, the scene of Ojou running towards Makoto on the beach is all fake and done by CG hahahaha.
- Maccha and adzuki beans again. Andou seems to be imprinting in my head that there's all there is to japanese flavour and japanese confectionery.
- Yeah this episode felt really rushed. Looks like Ichigo screwed up big time at the end.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Sep 18, 2010 8:09 PM

Feb 2008
Well we could expect it would be a tied again.

Next previews is Ichigo vs what her name again but she is the leader of the other team.

Duh we somehow can see that Ichigo going to win it.

No! It didn't feel a rush it feel slow, what with all those scenes .

Yeah it's was quite much of spoiler but what a big deal it's the last episode, even thought it spoiler that much, you still want to watch it ^^
BlackbirdSep 18, 2010 8:13 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 18, 2010 8:56 PM

Nov 2008
Throughout the episodes I kept holding my hands together and just hoping that they would not lose, and they didn't, but they were tied. The last scene of Ichigo messing up was just...I didn't know what to think. I really hope that she does win. Like everyone else I did feel it was a bit rushed, but I still enjoyed the overall episode. Looking forward to the end.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 18, 2010 10:01 PM

Apr 2008
lolol~ another tie ?! xD

Sep 18, 2010 10:11 PM

Apr 2009
LOL A TIE.

Why am I not surprised?

So they're probably going to create Ichigo's own strawberry tart next ep? Hmm...
Sep 18, 2010 10:16 PM

Jul 2008
stickymochi said:

So they're probably going to create Ichigo's own strawberry tart next ep? Hmm...

Do you think it is good enough to make her a PROFESSIONAL? lol Season Two lead in.
Sep 18, 2010 11:21 PM
Aug 2010
i felt like that was a just a quick summary of that episode.. lol.. i hardly saw them actually making their sweets XD

btw... the rich-kashino-obsessed girl is starting to grow on me.. lol..
Sep 19, 2010 12:06 AM

Jun 2010
My summary of this weeks episode:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

And ya never watch previews. I didn't so this entire episode felt like it should of, never understood why people watch previews.
Sep 19, 2010 4:27 AM

Jul 2010
It was so rushed! I mean the "finals" were done in about 2/3 of the episode and for the other finals they usually use 2 episodes... Well ok it's a tie, ofcourse xd
I didn't watch the previeuw so I was kinda like; oh my she has to battle against the other team leader? o.O But I was kinda surprised that they let her mess up the.. cake? Or what is it.. xd I kinda disliked the shot of Henri, it was like they're showing that he already lost faith in Ichigo.. But she has to win! :P Even if it's just to say to Henri; screw ya, I've beaten ya best pupil so shut up about being hartless if ya wanna be a professional! :P

Haha I liked the scene with the sister of Kashino and I lolde so hard about the commercial clip :P Guess next week we'll see Ichigo's strawberry cake? Btw how is she gonna use the "special" strawberry's? I didn't saw her bringing them or somethiung like that? xd
Sep 19, 2010 4:40 AM

Aug 2009
bruteforcing the gods is so japanese ^^

shit I can't wait one more week
Sep 19, 2010 6:03 AM

Dec 2007
rlime said:
Stupid preview spoiled us!.

lol now we know how it will end =/ Silly preview spoiler XD
Sep 19, 2010 6:13 AM

Aug 2009
I actually kinda liked that the finals were rushed because if they drew it out too long it would have been too rushed for the next episode.

sapphire07 said:
Throughout the episodes I kept holding my hands together and just hoping that they would not lose, and they didn't, but they were tied. The last scene of Ichigo messing up was just...I didn't know what to think. I really hope that she does win. Like everyone else I did feel it was a bit rushed, but I still enjoyed the overall episode. Looking forward to the end.

I let out a huge "AW CRAP!" when they lost the first round.
Sep 19, 2010 6:26 AM

Apr 2009
it was okay...
anyone else got pissed at Henri-sensei?
i did...i mean seriously.. playing with feelings.
at first i though he was cool :/
Sep 19, 2010 8:33 AM

Jul 2009
I'm kind ox expecting that Ichigo's team'll win anyway it's an anime so it should have a happy ending T_T I want sosmething to happen 'tween Ichigo Kashino but with only one episode left I can't hope for something roght? O_O But i so want to see henry's face and reaction when Ichigo wins ))) HAHAHA Am I becoming a sadist like Kashino? V_V
Sep 19, 2010 3:02 PM

Aug 2008
I feel like they've just went back and did what they normally do:

Theme: family and love
Inspiration: tea party in a rose garden
important flavors: strawberries, roses, maccha, chocolate

Even the designs looked the same. I wish the theme was at least different, that way I'd be able to see everyone's favorite ingredients done in a new way. Like wedding cakes or sweets for people with diabetes. Maybe I'm spoiled on top chef and all those reality shows. For the finale of the show, this lacks all impact.
Sep 20, 2010 12:09 AM

Sep 2008
Blackbird said:
Yeah it's was quite much of spoiler but what a big deal it's the last episode, even thought it spoiler that much, you still want to watch it ^^

This. Exactly.

Sep 20, 2010 3:24 AM

Apr 2009
Even if there was a spoiler, I still want to watch the episode and I wonder how they'll conclude this season.
Sep 20, 2010 4:53 AM
Sep 2010
Kirika - said:
Even if there was a spoiler, I still want to watch the episode and I wonder how they'll conclude this season.

^_^ ..
Sep 20, 2010 3:30 PM

Feb 2010
Baka-Ichigo...*sigh*
=________=

I'm sorry, but I really dislike Ichigo since she's such an airhead and
she really reminds me of Amu-Chan who I really hate. /slaps forehead

Although, Ichigo's a lot cuter. A LOT. Also, Ichigo's actually useful..AT TIMES..
BUT SRSLY? MAKING THE PIE THAT THIN?

NUUUUU~ T_____T
But the theme seems so alike, why can't they change it up a little?
Rose this..strawberry that....=_____=
Sep 20, 2010 8:38 PM

Jul 2008
EarlCiel said:

Although, Ichigo's a lot cuter. A LOT. Also, Ichigo's actually useful..AT TIMES..
BUT SRSLY? MAKING THE PIE THAT THIN?

NUUUUU~ T_____T
But the theme seems so alike, why can't they change it up a little?
Rose this..strawberry that....=_____=

Whether she burnt the pie or not, Ichigo would still probably lose this challenge. She is light years behind in skill compared to Francious. And even if she is more creative, without a lot of time devoted to practicing she would never win. The Sweets Princes were right in counting her out from the start.

I thought it was all right that they reverted back to the original themes because it kind brought the anime full circle, but they definitely should have made the sweets more elaborate or out of the box.

And my guess is that next episode Ichigo will win with her strawberry tart, and then she and her team will be able to study in Paris for season two. Or she will lose, but somehow still be able to study in Paris. Team Tennouji might be able to too or something, and maybe even the heiress, because she is so wealthy.

And I may have forgotten, but is the prize for the World Cake Grand Prix studying in Paris? Because if it is, why are the Paris teams even competing?
Sep 20, 2010 9:11 PM

Oct 2009
The showdown between the teams seemed tame compared to other battles they have had, I was expecting more. But it was all leading to the Strawberry Tart epic battle that had to be done to finish that off.

Sep 25, 2010 7:39 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah, the preview completely ruined the cliffhanger. Although I'm still curious about how they're going to finish off the series. The strawberry tart is definitely going to play some role, if I know my shoujo cliches.

I found the commercial part at the beginning really funny. At first I thought, "That can't be him, there's no way that he'd agree to that." And then it turned out to be CG. LOL.
Oct 16, 2010 12:23 AM

Sep 2008
What is with cooking anime and rushing.
I don't want to be reminded of Yakitate!! Japan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2010 5:57 PM

Sep 2008
GarLogan78 said:

The episode felt really rushed to me. We barely saw them make the sweets, and the scoring and tasting happened very quickly as well. I preferred having an entire episode dedicated to them making the sweets, then the judging at the very end or a cliffhanger or something.

Completely agree. D: Didn't they spend more time in episodes on earlier matches in the Grand Prix? And these are the FINAL finals and they hardly spend any time at all and cram two parts of the competition into one episode... I somehow wanted it to go slower - and wanted it to be a bit more suspenseful?

I couldn't really take Henri's scores for them seriously. Just because. I didn't like him from the beginning, and even though he's probably being objective because sweets are involved, it somehow feels like he doesn't want Ichigp's team to win... (Probably just my imagination.)

And come on?! This theme was hardly unique! How about dishing out a real challenge like... make... sweets... for raw-foodists or vegans?! Or something difficult!

noteDhero said:
I wish the theme was at least different, that way I'd be able to see everyone's favorite ingredients done in a new way. Like wedding cakes or sweets for people with diabetes. Maybe I'm spoiled on top chef and all those reality shows. For the finale of the show, this lacks all impact.

Ah there we go! A Top Chef style challenge, involving something with baking/sweets/pastries, would've been cool and fun to watch. XD But maybe that's asking for too much...
Jun 27, 2011 5:11 AM

Feb 2011
Vanilla really fights for her partner...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 9 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 28, 2009

28 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 8 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 21, 2009

27 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:50 AM

» I hate Ichigo..

Becloud - Oct 10, 2010

4 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 7 Discussion

MorningGlory - Nov 17, 2009

29 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 5 Discussion

greenmush - Nov 4, 2009

29 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.