MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

K-ON Season 3???
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» K-On!! »» K-ON Season 3???

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
09-16-10, 2:12 AM

Any chance that a season 3 will be aired? XD I hope it does...=D

09-16-10, 2:45 AM

me too, i hope there is season 3 for K-ON!

09-16-10, 3:15 AM

Manga ended. Season 2 ending was satisfying for most. It's over, guys...
Click on these. No explanation needed. Just click.

09-16-10, 3:53 AM

No season 3 guys and gals. Manga ended already.

Bittersweet feelings for me. It's as if K-ON!! is a senpai that is graduating and that you'll never see again (which is exactly what happened in the last episode lol). It's sad, but happy at the same time.

Damn I'm going to miss those girls... *tear*

09-16-10, 4:50 AM

Dude let it go. We have to send K-ON off T T

I'm gonna miss those girls too.

09-16-10, 4:58 AM

I feel if they tried to continue it, then it would be ruined.

09-16-10, 5:26 AM

I guess this will be the end.
Of course there's still two extras so we don't know what'll happen there.
But I don't think they'll continue without the manga, so since that one ended, the anime will do so too.
Maybe they'll do some more OVA's if they see a massive scream-for-more by their fans, but if they do I hope they don't ruin the original story by Kakifly.
So until he decides to continue the manga, it's bye bye K-ON!

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here

09-16-10, 6:40 AM

They should remake their first and second year. Plenty of stuff for 40 episodes

09-16-10, 8:46 AM

A remake sounds good. :o I'm still hoping for the Ritsu's boyfriend chapter. D:

09-16-10, 10:12 AM

I hope there isn't a third season. I love how it ended and will remember it as one of the best slice of life anime I've ever watched.

More would be milking the cow waaay too much, especially considering the manga is already over.

09-16-10, 7:44 PM

time to move on for k-on and start demanding a kira kira anime :D
Damn girl, you must be a hollow, cause you just made me Bankai

09-16-10, 8:01 PM

They could do a short 12 episode third season if they focused mainly on Azusa, Ui, and Jun. They could focus on the girls getting the new club going and maybe a short arc visiting the rest of the girls at collage.

Overall though they would have to stay away from the girls though for the most part.

09-16-10, 8:25 PM

Well I think the anime ended pretty well so if they make a third season, they'll will ruin the show. Considering that the manga already ended, and also the anime ended. More OVA's is acceptable but third season...not really.

09-16-10, 8:28 PM

southdkotaboy said:
They could do a short 12 episode third season if they focused mainly on Azusa, Ui, and Jun. They could focus on the girls getting the new club going and maybe a short arc visiting the rest of the girls at collage.

Overall though they would have to stay away from the girls though for the most part.

I would actually watch that seeing as how I enjoyed episode 5 very very much

... and seeing how K-On! sells so heavily its not so hard to imagine
"------and she said.
If you accept everything, you won't be hurt. Everything you disagree with, everything you hate, and everything you can't acknowledge. If you can accept them without resisting, then you won't be hurt. If you deny everything, you will be hurt. Everything you agree with, everything you like, and everything you can acknowledge. If you can only deny it, then you'll be hurt."

09-16-10, 8:43 PM

I don't think so because the manga ended. Also, seeing how the K-ON!! DVD sale are, I don't really think Kyoani would make another season.

09-17-10, 7:35 PM

It's not impossible, but K-on should go off with the memory of 2 great seasons and thats it. I mean.. What's probably going to occur in a Season 3 is very similar to what Angel Beats is going through, save not a completely new cast. I'd say a 4 in 10 chances it'll happen. Can't say I wouldn't want it, though :p

09-19-10, 8:35 PM

Yeah maybe like 2 eps showing the second Keionbu (or that might already be 25 and 26) would do just fine but a season wouldn't be a good idea
"------and she said.
If you accept everything, you won't be hurt. Everything you disagree with, everything you hate, and everything you can't acknowledge. If you can accept them without resisting, then you won't be hurt. If you deny everything, you will be hurt. Everything you agree with, everything you like, and everything you can acknowledge. If you can only deny it, then you'll be hurt."

09-19-10, 11:16 PM

I think there's room left for a third season. Yeah, it would be kinda hard to fit in Azusa because of the educational gap between the rest of the girls but I'm sure it could be worked out somehow. Not to say that it didn't end well - it just somehow feels to me as if they had another season in mind (so what if the manga ended >_>).

09-20-10, 12:15 AM

just wait for the manga sequel >:)

09-20-10, 4:15 AM

I hope i'ts true :D

09-21-10, 5:19 PM

I guess its "K-OFF" then :(

Doesn't this make you hungry?

09-21-10, 6:28 PM

http://myanimelist.net/login.php?authKey=T0UL5GJPDU

You guys should read this, it might help you guys envision some hope of a season 3.

09-21-10, 10:16 PM

I like K-ON!, but I don't think it needs a sequel, well unless the author decides to make a sequel to the manga.

I'm more interested in what Kyoto Animation may do next: Full Metal Panic? Another Key anime?

09-22-10, 2:28 AM

Little Busters XD

09-22-10, 10:46 AM

I want lucky star season 2 !!

09-22-10, 6:03 PM

s3 sounds boring , I prefer a movie about their life after the school ;3 !

09-22-10, 6:05 PM

I just wanna see them reach budokan and get a record deal.

09-22-10, 6:10 PM

Sylpheed said:
Little Busters XD
QFT

As for a K-ON season 3, it's gone folks.
All credit goes to Daika-san.

09-24-10, 9:06 AM

I think a third season, for me, is possible.

Indeed, many points can make it possible :
- I think the story is not ended. The HTT had many ambitions like playing at Budokan. Ok, it can be a dream of teenager, no importance, BUT k-on is starting with this ambition : a group of girls who have this goal : Budokan. That's what they planned to do. And, one of the girls said it would be great if they played at summer festival (when they went there with Sawako-sensei....
So, they just finished at school ? No HTT anymore and all the dreams were speeches ? It can be possible, but the sequel is possible....
- The lyrics of the last song were "Diploms are not the end, friendship continues..." or anything like that.... For me, K-on is not just a School life type anime, it's about music, friendship, etc... So, if the story stops now, the authors don't go on the way of their story. If it's the end, so the diplom IS the end... non-sense....
- I think the people who watch K-on can be on the same point of view as Azusa... She watchs (like the watcher of the anime), and she doesn't agree her friends togo anywhere.
If it's the end of the story, one of the main character has no end...

Ok, the authors can let us imagine all these details, but it would be shame. OAVs are a possible way, an alternative to a new season....

- Last.... They go to the same university.... why this end ? In real life, it's hard to imagine 4 friends to go to the same university.... they are so different from each other....

I think the authors let many clues to think that a new season or OAVs is going to be released.

(Excuse me for my english, i'm french.... ^^)

09-24-10, 3:32 PM

Sadly I don't think will even have another season. :(

Being so innocent as it is, a really really erotic scene in Kimi ni Todoke would be a french kiss between Sawako and Kazehaya?

09-24-10, 4:42 PM

i doubt it maybe...maybe an ova...maybe

09-24-10, 7:05 PM

BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
i doubt it maybe...maybe an ova...maybe

This would be a good idea
"------and she said.

09-24-10, 10:51 PM

S3 will just ruin the plot (saw what happened to Haruhi?). Anyways, I am not saying that it's bad, but, extending an ending to a plot does not quite work out well. Plots end. Continuations may appear but it will most likely be an OVA/ remake or a movie (perhaps).

09-25-10, 2:24 AM

Mariya-sama said:
S3 will just ruin the plot (saw what happened to Haruhi?). Anyways, I am not saying that it's bad, but, extending an ending to a plot does not quite work out well. Plots end. Continuations may appear but it will most likely be an OVA/ remake or a movie (perhaps).

Come on, there was hardly a substantial plot behind K-ON!!. Music, highschool, friendship, sweets, having fun - that was it basically. What made it great were the characters, the sketches, the quality animation and the high dosage of moe. I don't see how continuing the series to the events following their lives in uni would ruin it. In fact, it would be quite fun to see how they would do in a new environment.
Haruhi on the other hand did have that element of mystery to back up the slice-of-life so yeah, the plot was important and it had to be continued, otherwise we'd just miss on the rest of the story. And S2 wasn't that bad, Endless Eight was trolling by KyoAni and in my opinion, a funny thing to do (I watched all of it).

09-25-10, 5:03 AM

Okay, it wasn't much of a plot, and eventhough there are people here who think they shouldn't make a 3rd season I'm sure they would all watch it if it came.
But I just think they're not gonna make a 3rd season, not in the near future that is.
Though there wasn't much of a plot, it did have an end. (Unlike Haruhi which didn't really have an end)
I don't think KyoAni will take the risk in writing its own plot without a manga to base it on. Kakifly ended the manga, whatever reason for, maybe he wants to try something new or he just thought K-ON! has reached its end and there's nothing to tell anymore.
But he did leave a start for a new plot: the four girls in the same school, and Azusa probably gets Jun to enter the k-on bu and maybe even Ui. So eventhough it had an end, he left the door open for a sequel. But as we know, it's not coming now (maybe even never). So I guess KyoAni also noticed that, therefor it would be a big surprise for me if they actually did a 3rd season. If Kakifly would ever want to pick up K-ON! but KyoAni already did a sequel of its own... (you get my point I guess)
So since KyoAni really stayed close to the manga I don't see a 3rd season. Maybe OVA's or a movie like some of us already said.
I guess the only thing for the fans left to do is keep supporting K-ON! so both Kakifly and KyoAni notice the succes the serie had and hope that Kakifly starts to miss his K-ON! very soon. :)
Modified by Merushi, 09-25-10, 5:07 AM

…but we'll try

09-26-10, 4:55 AM

Sylpheed said:
Little Busters XD

I soooooo second this. Yes pureeezu!

09-26-10, 10:05 AM

-kappa said:
s3 sounds boring , I prefer a movie about their life after the school ;3 !

I think the closest possibility is a movie. K-on fans have gone way too attached to those 5 girls. Season 3 would either be without Azusa or without Yui, Mio, Mugi and Ritsu. I doubt any fan could endure 12 or 26 episodes of that.

09-26-10, 10:27 AM

Sylpheed said:
Little Busters XD

I've been asking for this since freaking season 1 of Clannad ended....goddammit KyoAni do it!!

Season 2 of Lucky Star would be great as well, its long overdue.

a 3rd season of Haruhi is not really my priority now since the movie was so incredible my Haruhi needs are satisfied for at least another 3 years lol.

Either way, K-ON is over folk. I'd rather have good memories of a series with a good ending, that to drag it until it becomes dull and boring. Which is why i never ask for a 4th season to Aria ;_;
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

09-28-10, 9:59 AM

Theres plenty of "material" for them to make more episodes. (just have to go back in time like ep 25 and 26)
there are many parts of the manga that I would like to see animed (and wasn't)
but the part I wanted to see the most (Yui cosplay Ui) was fulfilled xD
There should be at least one more ova episode tho~ and we'll see how it goes from there
Modified by superunature, 09-28-10, 10:17 AM

09-28-10, 10:37 AM

Not season 3 but a movie instead.

All my gifs are in my blog

09-28-10, 12:24 PM

Yup, seems like we have a movie to look forward to (like I expected rather than a 3rd season).

Here's my source

Here's the news thread of MAL
Modified by Merushi, 09-28-10, 12:40 PM

…but we'll try

09-29-10, 2:33 AM

jiyuudansei said:
I think there's room left for a third season. Yeah, it would be kinda hard to fit in Azusa because of the educational gap between the rest of the girls but I'm sure it could be worked out somehow. Not to say that it didn't end well - it just somehow feels to me as if they had another season in mind (so what if the manga ended >_>).

Yeah i agree there is some space left where they hold afew live shows like Beck did. Beck have a great ending with the songs.
K-ON anime is good, but the song stands out more !!!

09-29-10, 10:43 AM

They haven't played at the Budokan yet. There's no real ending until this. If the movie makes them go play there, we have a real ending.

09-29-10, 7:32 PM

Merushi said:
Azusa probably gets Jun to enter the k-on bu and maybe even Ui.
That's how it was supposed to happen (and did happen, manga-wise) yet the anime just had to leave it ambiguous to make more ending drama, tsk.

09-29-10, 8:38 PM

It's just the movie left to finish everything off, it has to end sooner or later :)

09-30-10, 6:46 AM

Sealkid said:
I don't think so because the manga ended. Also, seeing how the K-ON!! DVD sale are, I don't really think Kyoani would make another season.

K-On!! Has been one of the most profitable anime of the last decade. If KyoAni had more material to work with they'd definitely want to cash in on it. Look at the feature length that just got announced.

10-03-10, 7:06 PM

From what I have seen, the season 3 rumors are based off of an amazon listing for dvds, which could mean anything, ovas or extra content. With such insubstantial evidence, and the fact that the manga has ended, its probable that the series is over (with the exception of the Movie). In my experience, most anime side arcs that branch away from the main source are terrible (for example: naruto's 300+ episodes of suck), so we probably don't want to see a season 3 anyways. That said, its possible that the mangaka has ended the manga series to focus on the anime, but I don't know how the whole process works; how much or how little input the mangaka has on the ip, etc..

10-03-10, 7:54 PM

Sadly, there is no season 2... HOWEVER, it's been confirmed that they're making a: K-ON MOVIEE!!!!! i don't know what it's going to be about though...
Maybe it'll skip to their college lives and now Azu-nyan got into the same college as the rest of the girls so they form a band? xD (wishful thinking) :)

10-03-10, 10:12 PM

No season 3 but a movie instead... so glad

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy