Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Giant Killing
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2010 10:31 AM

Jan 2009
i think Sera will score next episode!!!
Sep 13, 2010 4:40 PM

Nov 2009
So the fact that we got two yellow cards this episode is a good thing in the overall scheme, but yeah the fact that we have yet to have one 24 episodes in.... Seriously there should be penalties flying constantly.

Also would of rather Tsubaki make a goal instead of getting another card. While Hauer's was stupid it is really pointless to pull the same trick twice in the same episode.
Sep 14, 2010 2:15 AM

Mar 2009
The ep ends with Tsubaki again.. Anyway 2 to go.
Sep 14, 2010 2:33 PM
Dec 2007
Soooooooo slow, almost nothing happens in this episode. Also, I don't understand how Hauer didn't take a red card, there's no way any refereee could give him only a yellow here. Does Japanese football have different rules than the rest of the world ? Anyway only two episodes remaining we'll probably see ETU's win vs Osaka in the last ep and then that's over. Well, I'll not miss it for sure.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 14, 2010 6:45 PM

May 2009
Gino is just hilarious. And yes Hiraga (and Dulfer), you just got played.
Run Tsubaki, run.
Sep 14, 2010 7:36 PM

Jan 2010
Jacut said:
Soooooooo slow, almost nothing happens in this episode. Also, I don't understand how Hauer didn't take a red card, there's no way any refereee could give him only a yellow here. Does Japanese football have different rules than the rest of the world ? Anyway only two episodes remaining we'll probably see ETU's win vs Osaka in the last ep and then that's over. Well, I'll not miss it for sure.

I dont understand....It wasnt as bad as Zidane or Cantona....it was a fair yellow card...:D

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Sep 15, 2010 12:40 AM

Jun 2009
Preview of next episode showed sera in action. Though I want tsubaki and gino to score next two goals
Sep 15, 2010 12:00 PM

Feb 2008
Needs more Gino.
Sep 15, 2010 5:12 PM

Sep 2009
Osaka's falling apart in both offense and defense after Kubota's substitution and Hiraga being out of stamina, ETU definitely will go all out in the last 15 minutes left.

also wandering about the real reason Tanba playing in the left side-back for Kyo
Sep 15, 2010 7:47 PM

Aug 2008
This was the first exciting episode for me in a long time. The game is finally going somewhere, and Gino (the only player I actually like) had a lot to do with it. Not a fan of the "He's like the wind" stuff, since I think of Dirty Dancing, but whatever.
Sep 15, 2010 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
so gino really did have a plan all along!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 16, 2010 12:57 PM

Jan 2008
LasDen said:
Jacut said:

I dont understand....It wasnt as bad as Zidane or Cantona....it was a fair yellow card...:D

You can't judge fouls by looking how much damage one player inflicts on another. Normally if one player hustles another player like Hauer did, it would be a justified red card because of violent conduct
Sep 16, 2010 8:43 PM

Nov 2007
Gino! <3 I knew it had to be part of some plan, good to get confirmation finally.

Tsubaki, wahh. I hope he doesn't get hurt being pulled down.
Sep 18, 2010 7:22 AM

May 2010
Zhao_Yun said:
LasDen said:
Jacut said:

You can't judge fouls by looking how much damage one player inflicts on another. Normally if one player hustles another player like Hauer did, it would be a justified red card because of violent conduct

yep yep. it shld have been a straight red cos hauer brought down kuro although the ball wasnt even anywhere near them in the first place. if cards are based on dmg done then rooney shldnt have that red card in e 2006 world cup against portugal; ronaldo didnt even fall down that time.

and more gino and tsubaki pls <3

Sep 23, 2010 9:35 PM

Sep 2009
The Bakki's run was amazing! Kuroda destroy psychologically Hauer xD.

And Gino is the man!
"The second place is the first place of the losers"
"God is big, God is strong and when He wants there isn't who wants"
"Everybody has a limit. My limit is over the others"
Ayrton Senna da Silva
------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazilian, Rio, Soccer, Geek, Gamer, Vivaldi Browser mod and beta tester

Sep 27, 2010 12:34 PM

May 2008
Gino is always awsome, I just can't get tired of him >_<
I love how they animate the running Tsubaki~ I was surprised by the end, I've never saw that coming~
sayamiSep 27, 2010 12:48 PM
Sep 27, 2010 1:29 PM

Jan 2008
Is definitely a better sport anime than Major this season.
Oct 3, 2010 11:35 PM

Aug 2010
So Tatsumi's plan works even better than he expected, partly because " Kuroda has a talent of irritating people." On another note, what happens if Tsubaki made a goal while being pulled down by Hiraga? I don't know much about football/soccer, but would that give them a goal AND a penalty kick?
Oct 4, 2010 8:38 PM
Aug 2010
schroedernoah said:
On another note, what happens if Tsubaki made a goal while being pulled down by Hiraga? I don't know much about football/soccer, but would that give them a goal AND a penalty kick?

No. The goal would be valid, that´s all.
Jun 24, 2013 1:59 PM

Jul 2011
Fouls rather ruin the momentum. =.="
Oct 18, 2013 9:12 AM

Jul 2012
WTF Hiraga. Not cool!

Also, Gino. What a badass.

Interesting plan, but it's a bit tacky LOL. Getting fouls, making opponents tired, sending fake passes, etc.
Sep 7, 2014 8:28 PM

Apr 2014
GINOOOOO YOU DEVIL, YOU. I love you.
Holy shit, Tatsumi. I love you too.

I'm really, really enjoying this match. I don't mind that it's taking up so many episodes. I feel that the tension they build up in this match is appropriate for the long duration. Two episodes left! Go, ETU!
Dec 17, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2010
man Osaka is getting some dirty play here... I hope they won't injure Tsubaki

5/5!
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 21, 2015 4:46 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I wonder who would Gino be in real life. Pirlo? CR7?
He's got SWAG.

Tsubaki had a great chance of offense and that guy fouls him. Shouldn't that be a red card since he was coming from behind and pulling his shirt?

Feb 23, 2016 5:14 AM
Aug 2014
So Tatsumi's tactic is the same as in the first training match between ETU's players? Didn't make much sense then, but makes even less sense here as their opponents are obviously playing attacking football so there defensive lline would be positioned around the halfway line, make the distance the defensive midfielder would have to cover to reach Gino's passes fairly short and shouldn't tire out a professional football player as is shown here.
Sep 16, 2020 2:58 PM

Dec 2007
tatsumi's plan finally get his way, hope it would lead to their win.

the annoying thing though, is that once the general idea said,everyone has to repeat it like a broken robot, and the whole analyse part could be much more fast pace.

and more of that, the whole fans part, not only here but in the anime, feeling like total filler, really making me less liking the anime together with the irritating pace...

and what with osaka's players? first huer and now hiraga?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 5 Discussion

throwaway513846 - May 2, 2010

45 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 16 Discussion

helur - Jul 18, 2010

28 by cableguyjay »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 17 Discussion

BitchMaster - Jul 25, 2010

29 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Mar 19, 2023 10:04 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kagura89 - Apr 4, 2010

99 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 19 Discussion

devilangell - Aug 8, 2010

38 by Shiroko_kun »»
Oct 7, 2022 12:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.