Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2010 1:28 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Adding more drama. The war is very dirty thing, and the politics are absolutely no angels.
Goh'Dan
Nov 22, 2011 5:17 PM

Nov 2007
i don't want to fight, so don't make me.

GAHH! what's with Athrun? He's not like this before! Gee.. Kira and Athrun switched personalities here in Destiny ne? *sigh!
May 10, 2013 8:42 PM

Nov 2011
Cat's out of the bag now

Not sure if I feel sorry for Shinn for learning the truth.
Sep 12, 2013 11:46 PM

Jul 2008
I know ives seen flawed characters but jesus Athrun has it bad i mean he never stays true to his belief and hes always gettin sweet talked by someone into doin something. Didnt he learn from the first war he doesnt think for hiself at all he just follows someone else belief.
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jan 24, 2014 12:13 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Athrun should know by now that Kira never wants to kill anyone, and still wouldn't want to unless he feels like it's necessary to save more lives (like ending the war or something). But I feel for Athrun, because he's trying to stop the war in his own way, he was just getting angry at Kira because Kira indirectly caused Heine's death, which is understandable. Plus he was angry at Cagalli too for being such a pushover and causing Orb to be with the Earth Alliance in the first place. Still, Athrun needs to cool down a little and stop blaming people because it's not going to get anyone anywhere (still love you though Athrun).

Wow, Blue Cosmos' lab was definitely disturbing. No wonder I thought that Stella and co. were insane JUST LIKE the trio from Gundam Seed. Makes sense now. And those blockwords. Wonder what Shinn will do now that he sees Stella is on the enemy's side.
Feb 14, 2014 12:24 PM
Mar 2013
Finally the Gaia gets taken down. And now Shinn knows hte identity of the pilot. I'm guessing he's going to fulfill his promise of trying to "protect" her. We'll just have to see how well he can do that. I doubt he'd betray Zaft for her though.
Aug 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Feb 2013
Sep 17, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2008
Oh here we go now...Cagalli continues to be useless, ACT ALREADY. On top of that Blue Cosmos needs to be stopped as well as the Chairman needs to explain himself.
Jan 3, 2015 4:20 PM

Dec 2013
Athrun was acting way out of character during the talk with Kira and Cagalli in this episode, it was rather pathetic to have to sit through. He was acting like he'd reverted back to how he was in the first half of SEED, "it's war and I have to fight. I'm a soldier so I have to follow orders. You killed my friend so I'm going to kill you back for it." Just a couple episodes ago he was talking about how killing people wouldn't bring peace and all of that, now in this episode he's telling Kira and Cagalli to stop thinking that way because it won't solve anything. Just another example of the really poor writing that plagued this series, I guess. But, gah, it was so painful to watch.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 7, 2015 5:19 AM
Apr 2009
I loved the ending.
Even though I still consider Destiny crap overall, I must admit that it's getting much better now.
May 25, 2015 5:45 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Lunamaria must be like "whatcha mean 'real' Lacus?"

And, yea, Shinn, one of those "monsters" is your girlfriend.

For anyone thinking Athrun is acting different or out of character, go watch season 1 again. He's just as indecisive then as now.
Aug 17, 2015 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
I like how Athrun wasn't just like "oh you were going to marry some other guy? cool!".
"Some things can't be forgiven, not even by me."
Jan 3, 2016 3:35 AM
Dec 2013
hardhitta71194 said:
I like how Athrun wasn't just like "oh you were going to marry some other guy? cool!".
"Some things can't be forgiven, not even by me."

Of course Cagalli was fucked as well. She had no one to rely on, she was forced into it. If her dad or mom were alive or if Athrun stayed and helped her, she wouldn't have been in that situation. Everyone around her wanted her to get married to that fucking scum bag. She was pretty much peered pressured into it.
Apr 23, 2016 5:37 PM

Jul 2010
Geez, these kids are insane but understandably so with all the experiments but Stella act so child-like, probably suffered huge damages mentally so can't help but feel bad for her.

Also Athrun sure was acting stupid in this episode...
Sep 13, 2017 10:46 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Destiny is getting REALLY GOOD NOW !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 24, 2017 5:50 PM

Dec 2010
I've noticed this before, but I fucking hate how the openings spoil everything. Thanks for showing us Neo's face, Sunrise.
Jul 22, 2020 10:24 PM

Feb 2014
I can't believe Athrun has basically been reverted to what he was at the very beginning of SEED.
Sep 9, 2021 5:19 PM

Jul 2012
No Athrun.. NO!!
Theres absolutely something fishy about your leader.. It must be conspiracy..
Did you really believe the "fake reality" can make a real peace?

Oct 28, 2021 8:55 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Pknoctis said:
I've noticed this before, but I fucking hate how the openings spoil everything. Thanks for showing us Neo's face, Sunrise.

Poor Mu...did they really have to force him into the Char clone role?

So not only Azrael was a genocidal maniac, he was also a hypocrite on top of that.
Jul 19, 2022 1:48 AM

Aug 2019
When Athrun tells Kira to remember the people he killed, why was there a flashback to Heine's death? Kira didn't kill him, Stella did.

Jun 20, 2023 3:21 AM

Dec 2018
wow, how gruesome and tragic. they became what they hated all just to get an edge. peak hypocrisy and i feel bad for the kids. poor stella.
Dec 25, 2023 5:23 AM

Jul 2017
Sincerely i loved this episode, clearly Athrun is angry because his comrade died indirectly by Kira' fault, and cause cagalli married another man and didn't stop orb from entering the conflict, i hope nothing happens between them.
The laboratories were disturbing, i'm interested to know what will happen from now with stella and the others.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 50 Discussion

Symphonica - Aug 6, 2010

38 by Andiuxy »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 9 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 10, 2010

14 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Mar 26, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 10, 2010

17 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Mar 25, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 45 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 2, 2010

14 by Maria1988 »»
Mar 23, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 44 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 2, 2010

20 by Maria1988 »»
Mar 23, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.