Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 2010 2:30 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
subs are out.....more story and drama. some action. some people die. and finally he makes the decision to fight. looks like next one will be filled with some major action. looks like not much progress was made with the princess but it does seem like there might be some history there.
Sep 7, 2010 3:56 PM
Jun 2010
I loved it ! OMG Awesone can't wait for the 3 Movie ! OMG This is awesome!
Sep 7, 2010 4:03 PM

Mar 2010
it was an ehhh kinda episode it was good and some was bad for my taste...

i know he likes being a pacifist and all but ya have to give in sometime and it happened at the end of the episode but still YA KNOW

Sigyn and Rygart developed a little but they dd not get not much air time except when Sigyn was worrying about Rygart when he was fighting Lee

i can't wait for the next episode when Rygart gets serious, also it was funny hearing Zess having a kid while Cloe and Lee were obsessed with him and they were like 10 years younger than him HAHA

Anyways next movie comes out the 25th of Sept. so hoping subs come out quick

till next time
Sep 7, 2010 4:21 PM

Feb 2008
well it aired in June and we just now go ta sub....it might take a while.

during the fight you could really tell that there is definitely something between the two. maybe he is just clueless or he doesn't wanna cross that line. seeing as how methodical he is, its probably that he knows his place and is trying to stay in it.
Sep 7, 2010 4:23 PM
Nov 2009
Good episode, I am really enjoying this show so far, good story, good characters, good action. Want to see more, just hope it does not take as long for the next one to come out.
Sep 7, 2010 5:14 PM

Nov 2009
great ep but was getting annoyed with the carebear rygart tho =p good he changed his mind
Sep 7, 2010 5:24 PM

Feb 2009
Is it streaming anywhere??? I've only been able to find it RAW :(
Sep 7, 2010 6:42 PM

Feb 2010
MallyMalMal said:
Is it streaming anywhere??? I've only been able to find it RAW :(

You can find it at Watchanimeon; http://www.watchanimeon.com/break-blade-movie-episode-2/
Sep 7, 2010 7:13 PM
Jul 2008
This episode went below my expectations. This anime is very slow paced. I would not mind if anime was ten minutes shorter and poorer art.
Sep 7, 2010 7:41 PM

Jul 2008
No they removed the Gundam Unicorn-like coloring and features...!

edit: lol it's just the armor, silly me. it'll get destroyed eventually and the actual body would show lol
Sep 7, 2010 7:52 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode. Worse than the first movie, but still decent.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Sep 7, 2010 7:52 PM

Sep 2009
The opening song brings me in the verge of tears....it is Godlike.

Rygart's character development was smooth. Seriously you would not expect someone to be completely normal about fighting in a war. He turned his back, thought about everything and clearly made a decision.

No way! Zess has a kid and I was shipping him with Rygart XD

Next episode, Cleo bursts with her hidden talent to take the revenge.

Want to see more of the past.
ValentilnSep 8, 2010 9:49 AM
Sep 7, 2010 10:24 PM
Feb 2009
that was pr0 :) I'll be looking forward to the next episodes in the up coming months sadly.
Sep 7, 2010 10:27 PM

Jan 2010
In my opinion, just as good as the first movie. Really clichéd, but really well done.

I wonder what will happen to Cleo...

confuser987 said:
This episode went below my expectations. This anime is very slow paced. I would not mind if anime was ten minutes shorter and poorer art.
I would. And so would many. The art is one of the best pros this anime has.
Sep 7, 2010 11:27 PM

Sep 2007
Cliched movie but good entertainment.
So i liked it.
Sep 8, 2010 12:15 AM

Jan 2009
good he stayed to fight instead of just helplessly be killed later on without even a golem or a sword
Sep 8, 2010 12:25 AM

Apr 2009
Break Blade is so bad; it's just as shitty, if not worse than Gundam Seed Destiny... That claymore was pretty conveniently dropped, I mean it really looked like he pulled it magically out of thin air despite there not being any wreckage, or for that matter anything other than dirt around him. Somehow this movie managed to do everything wrong.
Also, LoL @ "Dan's death was caused by his lack of judgement." No, it was caused because Rygart held down his fucking gun. (´_ゝ`)
ReaperEXESep 8, 2010 12:38 AM
Sep 8, 2010 1:06 AM

Feb 2010
The Black Golem looked badass at the end.
ScarletMuseSep 8, 2010 1:11 AM
Sep 8, 2010 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
BEAST ending is BEAST.
Sep 8, 2010 1:44 AM

Apr 2009
Sigyn looks so disturbing: a low tier deviantart character design featuring huge diapers.

That battle vs. Lee was one of the most boring and clumsy fights I have ever had the misfortune of sitting through. Holy craaaappp.

This show is so generic and borders on 'bad', why did they even decide to give this work special treatment in adaptation?

The OP song is still very nice though.
Sep 8, 2010 3:31 AM

Feb 2010
first movie was better but still good to watch next one should have more action
Sep 8, 2010 3:59 AM

Dec 2009
The op was awesome <3.
I love how everybody says : " OMG how can he do that !!???!!" while he has no idea either xD.
Sep 8, 2010 5:52 AM

Aug 2009
werr-y said:
In my opinion, just as good as the first movie. Really clichéd, but really well done.

Definitely so. Rygart struggling clumsily with his mech to fend off Lee was quite well done. As it should be for someone who gradually learns how to control his "unknown" mech. But, pretty much since his generically good nature and hesitation allowed Dan to die.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Sep 8, 2010 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
oh.. it's really nostalgic how i see this anime.. everything feels so generic as if i could point out where i've seen somewhere whichever scene it is.. yet i still praise it for at least being done well.. definitely one of the stories i would not feel in awe with but the way they adapted it is great.. turning it into movies and spending some budget improved it well from an otherwise lackluster tv series, i think..
Sep 8, 2010 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
I liked the first movie better, there was nothing wrong with this one except the scene with rygart fumbling about in his kick-ass mech were a little drawn out. Overall I like the story, It feels reminiscent of gundam for some reason I suppose it's the way individuals were given personalities instead of being cannon fodder. The next movie looks set to be action packed. 8/10
Sep 8, 2010 10:40 AM

Jun 2007
I like what I'm seeing here.
werr-y said:
Really clichéd, but really well done.
Sep 8, 2010 12:08 PM
Nov 2008
Epic...so intense and awesome.....can't wait for next movie.Love it totally.
Sep 8, 2010 3:11 PM

May 2009
Another very good part of the series. I'd put it somewhere around the same level as the first movie. Nice character development in this one, especially for Rygart. Plenty of fighting with great animation and the art doesn't disappoint either.

And damn, that heavy armor for the Under Golem looks sweet. I'm so looking forward to the third movie.
Sep 8, 2010 6:17 PM

Jan 2008
Better than the first movie, pretty epic.
Sep 8, 2010 6:23 PM

Jun 2010
Those fights took really a long time...

Sep 9, 2010 2:44 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
The ending was obvious, but I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Sep 9, 2010 6:43 AM

Jun 2009
I like this better than the first movie, maybe because it has a lot of fight. I really want Rygart to go, but he end up coming back. Overall it was great, in my opinion.

Sep 9, 2010 8:45 AM
Sep 2010
loved it
looking forward for movie 3

Sep 9, 2010 8:53 AM

Nov 2009
ReaperEXE said:
That claymore was pretty conveniently dropped, I mean it really looked like he pulled it magically out of thin air despite there not being any wreckage, or for that matter anything other than dirt around him. Somehow this movie managed to do everything wrong.
Also, LoL @ "Dan's death was caused by his lack of judgement." No, it was caused because Rygart held down his fucking gun. (´_ゝ`)

Well thankfully i have not watched enough mech shows to compare things, but that comment sort of summarizes my thoughts.

I thought the first episode was actually good, but this one did not live up to the first one for sure. I don't mind Rygart being a noob, but the fact that he beat the elite pilot, could insult Dan infront of his grave, and acts like a hero at the end there (wtf was that?)...
Sep 9, 2010 8:54 AM
Oct 2009
Looks like Zess doesn't know the terms include killing the royal family. And the other stupid general had to come out waltzing at the wrong time. Then again, there wouldn't be a conflict if they managed to finish their talk.

I don't like the idea that they're willing to fight their friends based on misinformation though
Sep 9, 2010 9:22 AM

Jul 2009
omg...Zess has a kid??? noo...i wanted him to be with the queen XD
WTH all the misunderstandings...this is jus getting sad..
Sep 9, 2010 10:00 AM

Nov 2007
great ending and op songs. bout time Rygart manned up, still he should of had more guilt that he basicly got Dan killed. hope there's more development with Sigyn. that Lee bitch kinda deserved to die, but now Cleo vs Rygart. maybe Baldr and the rest will be more useful

I thought it was great. the countries names were confusing still after a while since the last one.
Sep 9, 2010 11:22 AM

Apr 2008
This second movie was kinda lacking, plain, boring.
He kinda failed to communicate his message to Zess, after that I thought he would be motivated to do something, yet he still pisses his pants.

The whole part of Sigyn worring about Rygart was OKAI, but they are overdoing this whole "childhood-first-love-thing". It goes like "Why the fuck would you merry a prince if you dont love him and then dream the rest of your live about some peasant boy from your past?" Moving on...

The biggest let down of that episode was death of Lee and that other dude. I dont know how about the rest, but I would rather see death of characters we already know well enough to the point where we stopped to care. Lee on the other hand was an interesting character, so was the dude who wanted to kill her.
General True and glasses guy who was fighting alongside Zess was not so interesting, they could have died instead.
At the first episode I was totally RygartxLee skipper, so that kinda made me pissed.

On the other hand, the fact that he stopped that golem from killing Lee and got the guy killed didnt change a thing.It was his fault, his hand changed the life of that man, because of him his wife is now all alone. Yet it got somewhat smoothed out, leaving us thinking that Rygart really is a heartless jackass.

Where the first episode was a nice appetizer, second movie failed to thirst the hunger or fuel it any more. It was more like a fish bone getting stuck in your throat.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Sep 9, 2010 7:07 PM

Dec 2007
Not as good as the first. They're plainly dragging this misunderstanding and adding more onto it which in my opinion isn't a good thing.

ReaperEXE said:

Yeah I thought that line was pretty stupid.
Sep 9, 2010 8:42 PM

Dec 2007
wow i have found myself listening to the Full OP for these movies all day.. :P

about episode 2, wow... just as amazing as the first one! this one has a but more action and the characters developed a bit more!
really looking for episode 3, these movies are just pure fucking win as someone said in the thread for the first movie discussion!
Sep 10, 2010 2:30 PM

Jan 2010
Hmm, I liked first movie more,
but I was definitely satisfied after watching this.
Sep 11, 2010 4:16 AM

Jun 2009
Where's my Sigyn x Rygart development? Where, i ask... Leaving that aside, i expected more. Rygart's still a wuss, though at least he's gonna fight properly now. And why did they kill Lee? She didn't get much character development, but they just killed her. Kill True or bald guy from Zess's team instead.

Also, if Lee's 15 or 16, i can even believe that Cleo(<3) is 12. But it still feels wrong.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 12, 2010 2:01 PM

Oct 2007
I am not really sure what most people here want to see in this episode. I mean Rygart was a fucking farmer till a couple day ago and this is his second time piloting that giant shit and what do you expect him to do? Trying to act kool and badass and going around killing people with his awesome Machine? And killing Lee and Dam was the right decision to make Rygart saw how ugly a war is no matter which side you are on and it doesn't matter if you are on the right side or not. As much as I want to see Sigyn x Rygart development I approve this episode is a need. This is one of the best episode and smooth development I have seen in a while in a war anime unlike some certain anime that only about "I am kool, awesome and badass but brainless" "I am the smartness person but about to die soon" etc.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 15, 2010 9:14 PM
Jun 2010
7/10, it's good but nothing really special. They dragged the fighting for too long. Good animation I admit but the fighting itself isn't that interesting.

2 episodes so far and the story is still not advancing. So the mysterious mecha is stronger than every other mecha, I haven't seen much mecha anime and I can already say it's cliché : Mobile Suit Gundam and Code Geass have the same problem.

Sep 23, 2010 2:50 PM

May 2008
I liked it, it was good but not as good as the first one was~ The animation is still amazing but the story is somehow not my type~ Still it' fun to watch.
sayamiSep 23, 2010 2:54 PM
Sep 30, 2010 1:09 AM

Jul 2009
Gundam Seed? Is that you? (joke)

This series just got wrong when you say you have a 12-year old in your army. Couldn't you say she was 16-18? Damn you Gundam Seed.... I mean Break Blade.
Oct 2, 2010 2:34 PM

Jan 2009
Well probably has similiar genetics or whatever to Rygart (Cleo)

Also I'm assuming any Queen Sigyn romance between Rygart ain't gonna happen unless he tears apart a country/betrays his long time friend.

I thought the fighting itself was pretty interesting and I like how it wasn't stereotypical with the general characters i.e. the blond moustache guy really is serious about protecting the citizens and not just his fame and the other general not doing the usual guilt trip on the protaganist after his colleague died.

It slowly shows a nobody assuming a heroic role even if he believes its not the smartest thing to do.

It will be interesting to see the direction of this series.

Last thoughrs, initially this series reminded me of Code Geass meets Gundam but so far thankfully its not as ridicilious.

Also the ancients - ancient human mankind?
Oct 5, 2010 4:47 AM

Mar 2009
Win!!

Just as good as the first if not better!

Ok ppl, we understand it's a "generic mech" anime, so STF up about it!
If you don't like it don't watch it!!

Rygart is so awesome, and Yukimura's voice is perfect for him!!!

Can't wait for the next and the 4th, then I will marathon these!!

Urahara Out!!
Oct 18, 2010 10:56 PM

Oct 2010
So, Rygart basically kills Dan, then disrespects him in front of his grave? I understand Dan's death was supposed to make Rygart's head spin with the horrors of war, but seriously, what a douche bag move.

Does anyone else feel like the fight scenes in this show are incredibly awkward? Some of these mech movements just don't look right to me.

I'm sort of wondering what the purpose of the ground troops is. It seems like all they do is get killed by mechs. They could probably save a bunch of lives by removing them from the battlefield altogether...

I can never fully explain how glad I am that Lee died. I hated her character so, so, so much. There was nothing at all likable about her.

Anyway, I like this anime a lot. Some character designs are exceptional (especially Argath and Hodr.) I know a lot of people are saying the plot is generic, but that doesn't bother me. I've seen plenty of generic anime that were wildly entertaining.

I'm looking forward to the next movie.
Nov 26, 2010 2:15 PM

Apr 2009
Siva said:
I am not really sure what most people here want to see in this episode. I mean Rygart was a fucking farmer till a couple day ago and this is his second time piloting that giant shit and what do you expect him to do? Trying to act kool and badass and going around killing people with his awesome Machine? And killing Lee and Dam was the right decision to make Rygart saw how ugly a war is no matter which side you are on and it doesn't matter if you are on the right side or not. As much as I want to see Sigyn x Rygart development I approve this episode is a need. This is one of the best episode and smooth development I have seen in a while in a war anime unlike some certain anime that only about "I am kool, awesome and badass but brainless" "I am the smartness person but about to die soon" etc.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone know when they'll sub this?

colty09 - Aug 9, 2010

12 by MeitDeist »»
Sep 7, 2010 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.