Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sekirei
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 8, 2010 1:16 PM

Dec 2009
Why are Minato's sekirei so useless? Except Matsu of course. They even can't catch 2 middle-power Sekirei.

I really hope there won't be 3rd season, or OVA, or something. Just want to see some kind of ecchi-end and it' over.
Sep 8, 2010 1:20 PM

Nov 2007
This episode pissed me off, what makes them think deviating from the manga and butchering the story to this extent was a good idea?
Sep 8, 2010 1:57 PM

Jul 2008
Shadow_Strider said:
This episode pissed me off, what makes them think deviating from the manga and butchering the story to this extent was a good idea?

What make you think they butched the story before even seeing how it unfold?
See that's the main problem with the manga>everything that can happen in anime kind of freak.
Sep 8, 2010 3:30 PM
Sep 2010
So i've read over all the posts and came to a few conclusions.

#1 I find it very humorous that people are very upset with this episode while the voting says at the top of the page that 61% liked it.

#2 I believe we all like Uzume and it sucks she died but give it up. I understand it's not the manga. If you like the manga so much then just read that and don't ever watch the anime again. I mean being on fire has to be more enjoyable then episode 10 right? I actually enjoyed the episode. It was heartbreaking, made me cry really. Its a different route than the anime and I like that. Gives sort of a different story which has its pros and cons. I believe that yes it doesn't follow the manga storyline but is a great story on its own.Also they all end properly because....they end. It may not be the ending you want but lifes tough, deal with it!

#3 as for you should have sticked to the manga story line we actually don't know yet what could happen to Uzume, she for very well could die and it could play out just like the anime, or she could live, Chico could live, everybody is happy. We don't know yet because the manga isn't completed up to that part where the anime is.

#3.5 the manga is of course different from the anime. I feel the anime version is unique and so what? I believe somebody mentioned fanfcition. Actually some good sekirei stories on there. One of the best was what if kazehana was minatos first sekirei instead of Musubi.

#4 I feel that if the anime just followed the manga it'd be kind of boring cause you already know what happenes. To be honest I thought the winging of Kazehana was played out better and more romantic in the anime then the manga. I think they should have worked it into the manga like that instead, have a hybrid winging or something.

#5 I believe there will be a third season. This season is going over really well and the manga is selling hand over fist in Japan so I would be utterly dumbstruck if they didn't continue the anime.

#6 miya would let her stay, if she hasn't killed Seo yet Chiho would probably go just cause of Kuu chan, also minato said he would take care of her and he lives with Miya so....

#7 If the anime is only12 episodes I will cry.

#8 for all we know uzume could resurrect and come back and find chiho next episode, thats how anime works, the impossible could happen!!!

#9 tacos rule.
Sep 8, 2010 11:00 PM

Sep 2009
Actually there was rumors that something like that would be in next chapters of manga so scenarists take the permission for this from manga-artist but it's just a rumors.

Would be 13 eps+special as I know. And they sure make seson 3 but how long would it take?
Sep 9, 2010 12:41 AM

Sep 2009
I know everyone has been talking about how this is different from the manga and stuff...but that doesn't keep this episode from being exciting. Also, we don't know how this is going to play out yet.
Sep 9, 2010 4:11 AM

Mar 2010
Even though i really didn't like Uzume, it's still sad she died (or terminated)

And you who read the manga, stop comparing the anime and the manga since it apparently have have different storylines
Sep 10, 2010 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
For the people complaining that they deviated from the manga, by now most of you seen countless anime that do the same thing. An adaptation will never remain 100% faithful to the original source material. It's the same thing with book-to-film adaptations. This happens. Get. Over. It.

With that being said. WHY UZUME?
Sep 10, 2010 5:07 PM
Nov 2008
Sad that Uzume is out off the game but i'm sure she will be back.
Sep 11, 2010 5:29 AM
Jun 2010
does anyone know if there's gonna be a Season 3 because if not the ending is gonna be horrible the tournament has just began and if they plan to show all the tournament within 3 episodes everything that made the series interesting would be ruined.
badges
Sep 12, 2010 12:24 AM

Aug 2010
BWAHAHAHA FEEL THE WRATH OF NON-CANON!!!!!!!
Sep 12, 2010 5:51 AM

Dec 2008
oh come on Usume deserved a better ending :(
at least they should have cut this bitch who dared to attack Musubi and Uzume into a half

yeah its getting more different than in the Manga, thats the problem when reading it and watch the show at the same time,but so far I can't say that the way the anime takes is bad ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2010 3:06 PM

Jun 2010
How sad I really didn't see this end coming! =(
Sep 14, 2010 5:51 AM

May 2008
i wouldnt mind a season 3 =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 14, 2010 10:30 PM

Jan 2008
1/5

This episode makes me lol, this episode makes Naruto fillers look good, pretty disappointed that they change the story with some pathetic death that never actually happen, the whole story was a joke.
Sep 17, 2010 8:55 PM

Nov 2009
I think this was a great episode. It is different from the manga, and I would of preferred if they followed the manga. But other than that, the episode itself was amazing.

It really got me into it, I really liked Uzume, and it sad to see her go. But the episode was filled with some good scenes, and the new ending of the episode was nice.
Sep 20, 2010 10:50 PM

Feb 2010
I'm not just mad about them being different from the manga. This messes with the story and can make it difficult, if not impossible to fix. Okey, they probably started making this episode before the current story in the manga, but U-chan had so mush back story to her she would likely important later. I may just stick with the manga now.
Sep 21, 2010 10:58 PM

Mar 2010
nooo my u-chan is gone!

People need to stop complaining about this anime not following the manga. Would'nt be boring for you if they did follow it b/c you would know what already happens?
Sep 24, 2010 7:46 AM

Jun 2009
So how strong is the east?? for Uzume not consulting the North for help, there are other option for Chiho to stay to other hospital, you know

*The res back was great

I wonder if Miya is still part of the Sekirei Plan...

LOL Matsu in rage -cute
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 25, 2010 1:53 PM

Sep 2007
U-chan ... Manga spoilers :

Sep 26, 2010 9:50 PM

Jan 2008
Raigeki1993 said:
4kicks said:
well..despite following the source material faithfully up until this point, they really changed things up quite dramatically, cut this out, put new stuff in...I was hoping it would be pretty straightforward for the story, but I guess they didn't want it to drag on to the point of putting in fillers, but to change something significant completely from the original story...not a good way to go. They better run with their asses set on fire because they've already lit it. (to see things through to the end satisfactory: for those who didn't get that.)

I think the mangaka might have told the animators that Uzume would die in the manga, that would be the ONLY reason why they kill off Uzume, if they were that far as to change from the manga by killing off one significant character when it never happened in the manga, would make the animators look really bad.

Hmm, good point; I can see that now. Although if that's the case, then it'd be a big spoiler (and loss of the element of surprise/as well as disappointment) for those following the manga faithfully. Well, I've already started to think of the two as alternative story-tellings ever since they got rid of the main reason why Matsu was being pursued.
Sep 26, 2010 11:47 PM

Sep 2009
sad that Uzume died :(

Sep 29, 2010 1:54 AM
Jul 2010
-khriz- said:
1/5

This episode makes me lol, this episode makes Naruto fillers look good, pretty disappointed that they change the story with some pathetic death that never actually happen, the whole story was a joke.

HAHA better change that to a 6/5 due to the most recent chapter in the manga. NOTHING will ever make Naruto filler look good because that is the cream of the shitty crop.
Dec 12, 2011 4:17 AM
Aug 2011
I have to say I have been okay with the changes from the manga. Though this episode was underplayed and they really ruined how great that emotional moment could of been. Oh well, it is what it is.

Though I guess judging by comments she had not died yet in the manga when this episode came out. If that's the case I can't be too upset i guess.
Jan 30, 2012 7:23 AM

Dec 2011
R.I.P uzume! We will miss chiu T.T
uhh...
Mar 9, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
Matsu sure is one crazy hacker LOL, she cracks me up :D
Matsu is starding to become as sacry as Miya LOL
i bet new no1 want to be Matsu's enemy!!! LOL

why has Matsu never attacked MBI that way, it cold be 1 way to stop sekirei plan, no money= sekirei plan ruined!!! cause they lose control over the city with out money!!!
Sugram22Mar 9, 2013 10:13 AM
Jul 2, 2013 1:23 AM

Feb 2013
That episode honestly made me cry......I don't know how I should feel about this....
Jan 14, 2014 5:55 AM

Jan 2008
Aversa said:
I liked this episode.
Matsu hacking Higa's company's system was awesome, and effective in a way.
Tho Higa using such underhanded tactics is just sad.
Speaking of which why did Uzume had to die for such a bastard, and even her Chiho had to suffer for that idiot.
Hope they take him out soon.

I completely agree there is so many people that deserve to be beheaded seriously in my opinion

RIP Uzume u will be missed
Apr 24, 2014 8:51 PM
Jun 2013
why do people think shes dead? She was just taking away and there have been character injured way worse that have said to live.Also musubi said she was going to save her and bring her back.Did people just stop seeing the episode after the stabbing.Also same crap happened int he manga just in a different way. Side note we got some yuri in this episode to.
souledge94Apr 24, 2014 8:55 PM
Jun 11, 2014 10:02 AM

May 2012
Sad loss :( RIP Uzumu-san :/ Well the episode was pretty nice episode though still sad and now I really hope Chiho-san will be alright :s

Lovely ED though!
RafaelDeJonghJun 11, 2014 10:07 AM
Jun 15, 2014 5:19 AM
Jun 2014
I just want your opinions on whether Uzume is dead or just deactivated by MBI, and possibly come to a conclusion as to what 'level 4' actually means in Sekirei. Hope you guys use this forum to share ideas and opinions nicely with each other, without argumentative talking. Thanks!
Apr 6, 2015 4:04 PM

Jan 2012
Rip Uzume.just kill that guy from East he is so annoying

Jan 24, 2018 9:58 PM
Nov 2017
Damn. not Uzume. That ending was nice though. Getting to the end now, I wonder how they will finish this off.
Nov 19, 2021 8:30 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, Uzume's death was kinda dumb. She should've realized that this is battle royale and winning is the only way. Chiho is still in danger anyways, what was the point of her sacrifice? Since Minato ended up taking care of Chiho, Uzume should've just asked for help from him since he's the most powerful ashikabi at this point.

Nice ED btw.
Jun 27, 2022 3:04 AM

Sep 2012
MxS7HGS said:
Hmm, Uzume's death was kinda dumb. She should've realized that this is battle royale and winning is the only way. Chiho is still in danger anyways, what was the point of her sacrifice? Since Minato ended up taking care of Chiho, Uzume should've just asked for help from him since he's the most powerful ashikabi at this point.

Nice ED btw.

writer just couldn't think of better plot device

not source writer sins as i hear this season went off course from the source
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is this the best animated show from Seven Arcs?

Karma1100 - Feb 7, 2023

6 by Karma1100 »»
Feb 8, 2023 10:45 AM

» sekirei season 3?

Cherrybottom34 - Jan 16, 2014

14 by Sekire88 »»
Feb 2, 2023 7:37 AM

» What manga chapter does the anime end at?

Yvese - Jul 8, 2012

5 by KuroHoshi69 »»
Sep 24, 2022 4:58 PM

Poll: » Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tracma - Sep 25, 2010

139 by NoviSun »»
Sep 22, 2022 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 25, 2010

63 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 17, 2022 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.