Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 8, 2010 2:26 PM

Jul 2008
great voices and song :) just a bit sad though
Sep 8, 2010 2:30 PM

Jul 2010
Nothing like A&W in an anime.
Sep 8, 2010 2:34 PM

Aug 2009
I couldn't help but think of the Quarians and Geth from Mass Effect after hearing Eris's explanation of the war between the Catheans and original Assist-a-roids. o_O
Ha-cha!
Sep 8, 2010 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
My God, the robot dog's name is Muttley.
Sep 8, 2010 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
I skimped through practically the entire episode. Really tempted to drop it but there's only a few episodes left, might as well see how it ends.
Sep 8, 2010 6:07 PM

Jun 2010
It was nice and everything, certainly gave you something to think about, and some memorable dialogue.

It was just out of character from what weve seen so far, and certainly not what id expect at episode 9 already, but still independently, a special episode.
Sep 8, 2010 6:29 PM

Feb 2009
I didn't even finish this epd, got that boring. I dunno, when I don't see aoi kicking ass or kio beat downs from manami, I draw away.
Sep 8, 2010 6:31 PM

May 2008
LOLOL i didnt really understand this episode oh well

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 8, 2010 7:15 PM

May 2010
My impressions are here http://wp.me/p12uiW-lp
Sep 8, 2010 7:52 PM

Jun 2008
greenmush said:

Neither did I, I don't think it's good when you're in the 9th episode of an anime and a weird episode comes along that doesn't make much sense.

Well whatever, the song was nice.
Sep 8, 2010 8:08 PM

Jan 2008
glad it's over. now I can go back to re-watching LovCom for the umptenth time.
Sep 8, 2010 8:34 PM

Apr 2009
I haven't had fast food in years, but suddenly I have the urge to go to A & W. Somehow it still bothers me that every characters eyes look like burnt fields...
Sep 8, 2010 9:20 PM

Sep 2010
Hmmm alot of ppl seem to have missed the purpose behind this episode. That being to give more depth to the cathians and assistdroids, ya know, to show that theres more to them than cute little helpers and that the cathians haven't always been this laid back n peaceful.

Personally I'm glad she chose to die because that shows a hella lot more depth, specially for a harem anime : / , to her character than latching onto Kio for random reasons. While its sad it shows her love for her original master has stayed with her all this time and shows that she herself is tired, as most ppl get once they reach that stage where your satisfied with your life.

Edit: the singing was a bit lame though haha ^_^;
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Sep 9, 2010 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
The fuck is Captain Future anyway? ┐('~`;)┌
And Eris' speech about the past, didn't make an ounce of sense.
Oh gawd, that insert song was plain horrible. Oh well, can't really expect a robot to be able to sing, right? (ED-version of it was better, though not good, not in a thousand years.)

OrochiPL said:
zimno said:

*Staaaaareat Chaika's ass obviously*
*Staaaaareat Chaika's ass obviously* ʘ‿ʘ
Actually, staring whenever Chaika's on-screen.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 9, 2010 1:51 AM

Sep 2009
Definitely a change of pace for this show, which is fine. I think this could use a second season though....I don't know if a proper ending could be fit into the last few episodes.
Sep 9, 2010 2:28 AM

May 2010
the change of pace in the series is so serene i love this ep and the assistaroid is so cute
Sep 9, 2010 6:50 AM

Oct 2009
A bit boring episode this time...
Sep 9, 2010 7:11 AM
Dec 2008
What's the name of the song ? <.<

Altough i didn't liked the episode much.
Sep 9, 2010 7:54 AM

Jun 2008
Aversa said:
A explorer looking for earth 800 years ago, Columbus landed in America 518 years ago.
In other words we didn't even know much of are own planet back then, which just proves how random this Anime is.

The beginning of this episode looked like it was copied from Star trek Voyager, the makers must have been Star trek fans judging from previous episodes as well.

Also the part where one of the girls got angry at Nanami for not knowing about Captain Future, and that girl calling it a master piece.
Yet in the background there was a poster with the Grandfather 4 on it, in other words the get angry about not knowing Captain Future which no one ever heard of but mock The Godfather movies.
The ones that made this Anime should be ashamed.

It isn't mockery, they just avoid using the real name because they don't want to have and copyright problems.
Seriously did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Anyway nothing really happened and the drama wasn't something i expected at this point but what the hell it actually was kind of nice for dreamers like me who love space. This episode gave me the impression that the creator of this scenario somewhere in his heart may want to create a space opera and not just fanservice harem girl shows.
Sep 9, 2010 9:26 AM
Jul 2010
alexcampos said:
greenmush said:

Neither did I, I don't think it's good when you're in the 9th episode of an anime and a weird episode comes along that doesn't make much sense.

Well whatever, the song was nice.

lol I liked song too xD
Sep 9, 2010 10:24 AM

Nov 2009
The song was just tolerable enough. With this type of show there was no way i could sympathize with the robot, or Eris. Hence i sat there bored for the 'dramatic' parts. That and from a logical stand point Eris was way to worried.
Sep 9, 2010 11:05 AM
Jan 2009
Holy crap...

good episode, but the A&W placements was almost making me nauseous...

had flashbacks of Pizza Hut... :-(
Sep 9, 2010 1:28 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, even though that nostalgic and kinda serious feeling don't feel in place in such anime.
Sep 9, 2010 3:32 PM

Jul 2010
Even though there wasn't much action in this episode (none at all really), I still really liked it a lot. I loved the way they told us a lot about the back story between them and the Assistaroids and why Eris was troubled by it. The song was nice too.

A slow paced episode like this once in a while isn't all that bad! =)
OnyxthegreatSep 9, 2010 3:40 PM

Sep 9, 2010 4:24 PM

Mar 2010
Well, that was some bittersweet feeling.
I wanted to know more about this assistadroid history with humans.
Also, that scenery of Earth in all is glory always leaves a nice and warm feeling inside of me.
Sep 9, 2010 5:56 PM

Feb 2010
I'm pretty disappointed by a lot of you guys, to be honest.
This episode wasn't boring at all, just not what you would have expected.
But well, adding depth to anime isn't really fitting these days...

Anyway, I wonder how long 'Periods' are; I doubt that 1 Period = 1 Year; it might work that way, but the amount of time would be completely different;
1 year is the amount of time our planet needs to circle around the sun - I don't think that the Catian planet is exactly the same in matters of distance and angle.

Anyway, the Insert Song was sweet, hoping for a quick release <3

*goes to listen to Captain Future OST*
Sep 9, 2010 8:52 PM

Apr 2009
A&W Officially sponsors neko-mimi and fan service/tits.
Sep 9, 2010 9:36 PM
Jul 2008
One of the more bittersweet episodes, but i like it.
Sep 9, 2010 9:56 PM

Nov 2007
I'm sorry but this was the most boring episode. nothing with the plot. no development with any of the girls. a long boring song and a pointless new character. what a waste of an episode.
Sep 9, 2010 11:43 PM

Jul 2010
Best episode so far.
Haters gonna hate.
Sep 10, 2010 7:41 AM

Aug 2008
Nice episode I liked it more than the others, but imo this kind of serius stuff doesn't fit whith an anime almost based on fanservice.

--|Blog|--
Sep 10, 2010 8:43 AM

May 2008
can someone tell me the name of the song and where i can find it

anyway, nice episode
Sep 10, 2010 1:24 PM

Sep 2007
http://www.coucoucircus.org/da/generique.php?id=2360

For the one who want the ED of Captain Future.
Anyways, loved this episode. XD
Sep 11, 2010 6:02 AM
Oct 2007
Interesting episode. I don't know why people are complaining. This is typical of maid shows. You will get the first few episodes of plot, meander around around mindlessly for the majority of the series, and then finish with a few plot episodes
Sep 11, 2010 10:19 AM
May 2009
It was a interesting episode indeed. The backstory for the assist-a-droids reminds me of the many pieces of writing and films done for Artificial Intelligence.
Sep 11, 2010 2:06 PM
Jun 2010
Bruce Willis cameo ftw
Sep 11, 2010 7:41 PM
Jul 2009
They dedicated a whole episode to this?! Almost feels like a waste. They introduce a character and promptly kill her off.

zeroryoko1974 said:
Interesting episode. I don't know why people are complaining. This is typical of maid shows. You will get the first few episodes of plot, meander around around mindlessly for the majority of the series, and then finish with a few plot episodes

Yeah, I don't know what I'm complaining about. I should have known better by now lol.
Sep 11, 2010 10:13 PM

May 2009
The restaurant scene made me yearn for root beer. The rest of it had me fighting to stay awake.
Sep 14, 2010 4:28 AM

Apr 2008
i almost wanted to puke listening to everyone singing the song -.-

Sep 17, 2010 6:33 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty zzz episode

0.01/5
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 20, 2010 8:05 AM

Feb 2010
*silently shakes head*
.....hopeless...
Oct 10, 2010 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
Great episode. It made me think about our own future as a civilization and the possibilities of space exploration. I kind of feel sad that if that moment comes, I will be long gone.
Oct 15, 2010 1:17 PM

May 2007
Now I know why Eris was being so emo all the episode.
A little bit more of that sad song and I'd also start to search the meaning of life while cutting myself.

Oct 24, 2010 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
Hellicus99 said:
Best episode so far.
Haters gonna hate.

agreed.
あらあら。。。
Dec 4, 2010 5:00 PM

Nov 2010
Chihara Minori has a very beautiful voice. I'm glad she was the one that sang this song.
Dec 21, 2010 4:28 PM

Dec 2007
Hellicus99 said:
Best episode so far.
Haters gonna hate.

This. Discussion thread is full of fail. People are approaching this the wrong way. Either that, or the director doesn't get the audience he's shooting at.

Asobi ni Iku yo deals with a lot of themes and ideas that most fanservice series don't bother to think about. The entire series (this episode included) deals with the concept of first contact, and the human perception of what that should be like.

Episode nine feels out of place because in this case it's dealing with it from the point of view of Cathea, the aliens that have already made it.

I feel sorry for the creators of Asobi ni Iku yo. They're stuck with an audience that doesn't expect much from them and ignore when they DO get more than the norm, claiming that it's still the typical fanservice/harem crap.

Incidentally...Lonely Spaceman came out of nowhere. Sad song, but awesome timing 'cause I didn't see it coming. The hints were just that subtle.

Incidentally--the person talking about how 800 years is too far back...dude. Not the point. If they had picked some super specific date that coincided with a major point in human history, that would've been fake. They're SUPPOSED to be way ahead of us.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 4, 2011 3:44 AM

Jan 2010
This episode sticks out like a sore thumb in terms of quality. It's so much above most episodes of Asobi. This thread is a good example why the MAL community has such a bad rep...

I loved that they explained why the assistaroids can't be too human-like. I liked how Lawry didn't look completely like a human. I liked how Eris wasn't all happy happy joy joy this episode and felt some guilt. The ending was great, I loved the shot where we see the earth slowly backing away only to change into the moon and see Lawry drown in the water (her last request, I assume). Great episode, seriously.
My tastes > your tastes.
Apr 19, 2011 1:59 AM

Sep 2009
SageShinigami said:
Hellicus99 said:
Best episode so far.
Haters gonna hate.

This. Discussion thread is full of fail. People are approaching this the wrong way. Either that, or the director doesn't get the audience he's shooting at.

Asobi ni Iku yo deals with a lot of themes and ideas that most fanservice series don't bother to think about. The entire series (this episode included) deals with the concept of first contact, and the human perception of what that should be like.

Episode nine feels out of place because in this case it's dealing with it from the point of view of Cathea, the aliens that have already made it.

I feel sorry for the creators of Asobi ni Iku yo. They're stuck with an audience that doesn't expect much from them and ignore when they DO get more than the norm, claiming that it's still the typical fanservice/harem crap.

Incidentally...Lonely Spaceman came out of nowhere. Sad song, but awesome timing 'cause I didn't see it coming. The hints were just that subtle.

Incidentally--the person talking about how 800 years is too far back...dude. Not the point. If they had picked some super specific date that coincided with a major point in human history, that would've been fake. They're SUPPOSED to be way ahead of us.

QFT

Yeah, this is unlike all the other Asobi episodes but I think that's a good thing. Philip K. Dick fans would like this episode.

It was cheesy don't get me wrong but those who thought this was boring/stupid/just didn't understand it need to think about civilisation a bit more and understand that you are a product of your past - not just your own, but those of multiple generations. The writers obviously have a much larger repertoire than they're currently being able to show in what is essentially a T&A fest that we've all come to watch. I hope they're able to move on to more highbrow series/movies in the future. Personally, having watched/read several "different species, similar rights?" scenarios, it was refreshing to see one with a conclusion - even if it wasn't an ideal conclusion, though sadly probably a more realistic one.

/surmon
Jun 4, 2011 7:54 PM

Sep 2008
Uguu~
I felt bad for Sara having her miss the Assistaroid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2011 7:39 AM

Apr 2011
Don't forget the fact that this anime's goal is to be a comedy... Aren't many comedies totally random and made of not so well linked parts? Are they less funny for this reason? I don't think so. ^^
To me, it's a fun to watch show without very deep ambition to set up an epic fantastic and thick story background.

I appreciate it the way it was meant: as a relational ecci comedy with a random sci-fi story. That appart, my favorite anime series are those who efficiently set an epic fantastic and thick... (see first paragraph lol). Fate/stay night forerver! <3

Peace to all!
DraigJul 7, 2011 8:02 AM
In his desperate attempts to be real, the fake is more valuable than the real thing.
-Kaiki Deshuu
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2010

166 by xLazuline »»
May 28, 2023 1:53 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 7, 2010

81 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 26, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 28, 2010

65 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 2, 2023 11:31 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 24, 2010

100 by CEOofLala »»
Sep 7, 2022 6:12 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Sep 18, 2010

52 by HanamiDango »»
Jun 6, 2022 10:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.