Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2010 7:51 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
She is just a Beautiful women who loves her sake. SAKE SAKE SAKE!!!!!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 29, 2012 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
Freaking awesome.
She's a really interesting character.
Nov 28, 2014 1:03 AM

Jul 2008
I forgot to mention her love of sake last thread but this one just highlights it. Awesome stuff!
Mar 11, 2016 3:23 AM

Feb 2013
I agree with the people from that town, you shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all,Meow is a perfect example why you shouldn't, she was funny though, I'm glad that the bad guys got what they deserved, too bad the master was killed.
Jul 22, 2016 6:51 PM
May 2010
Ulquiorra said:
I agree with the people from that town, you shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all,Meow is a perfect example why you shouldn't, she was funny though, I'm glad that the bad guys got what they deserved, too bad the master was killed.

It's fine in moderation, it's the people who can't control their intake that ruin it for everyone. I don't drink myself almost at all, but for those who can handle it and control it, there's no problem with it.

This episode also seems to make a point of the fact that drinking what is just bad tasting crap to get drunk is wrong, as alcohol isn't supposed to be a tool just to get you drunk.

Particularly as the one person banning the sake is the one selling crap sake and most likely, charging alcoholics ludicrous amounts of money, preying on their addictions to the point where the village itself to me at first looked like a ghost town.
Viper_607Jul 22, 2016 6:57 PM
Aug 10, 2018 5:34 AM

Apr 2014
Lol at the password scene very clever joke. The entire episode was great. I am really digging this. It seems to be more of an adventure than a driven story. Let's see how more episodes pan out.
Mar 21, 2019 5:52 AM
Oct 2018
I love this series. I don't what is, exactly, but something about the humour, the setting, and the characters has an incredible charm, in a way that i don't usually see in anime. It reminds me if old 70s/80s Hong Kong kung fu movies, like Samo Hung and early Jackie Chan stuff.

The "samurai girl" gimmick is kinda dumb- tbh I might have been put off by that if I'd heard about ahead of watching. But despite the dopeyness and historical inaccuracy of the idea, the actual character is very likable, and in the context of the show, they pull it off pretty well really.

Sucks its only one cour. I could have sat thru 100 eps of this much more than Inuyasha or Rurouni Kenshin.
Nov 11, 2020 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was very interesting I love how the treated sake not just an alcoholic drink but as a certain type of art that is made with tender and care.
Feb 23, 2021 12:19 PM

Aug 2017
Tsukikage broke his former master arm so he can't use the sword anymore. Now he can live a happy life with her girlfriend. Less action scenes this time, unexpected episode for me.

I accidentally watched the final episode and not the second one lmao. It looks like an pro-sake episode and they could made an interesting point if they don't make the anti-sake antagonist so evil.
NurguburuApr 13, 2021 4:22 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 12, 2021 12:12 PM

Aug 2018
Can't say I can relate to alcohol culture.. But I guess monopoly on alcohol is dangerous thing, on the other hand..
Feb 6, 2022 4:45 PM

Jun 2016
The quest to resupply leads Ran to a town with a corrupt leader selling watered-down sake whilst simultaneously eliminating the competition. Ran, of course, goes into vengeance mode when good sake is spilt.

An odd sight, seeing her ignore the old guy on the floor in favour of slurping up the sake from the ground. Her dedication to the stuff is admirable.

Drunk Myao was kinda adorable. As a wacky character, it's neat to see that she is given the bulk of the animation until the fight/action scenes come in. Getting drunk on watered-down sake tho pff, what a lightweight, hehe.

Those goons didn't provide much of a challenge for Ran. She didn't even need Myao to fight with her. Can Myao fight drunk? That I'd like to see.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 13 Discussion

meneope - Oct 2, 2009

23 by alpo42ab »»
Feb 19, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 3 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 5, 2010

8 by alpo42ab »»
Dec 24, 2023 11:51 PM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 1 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 4, 2010

16 by EmperorKaido »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:23 AM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 6 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 5, 2010

6 by AGiantWeeb »»
Nov 15, 2022 8:40 AM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 12 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 6, 2010

4 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Feb 23, 2022 3:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.