THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
High School Queen time!
- Ranka signing "Ninjiin Loves you yeah!" at the Folmo mall, Zentradi don't seem impressed though :(
- Ranka grabs Nanase's hand which makes Nanase blush, yes i support this pairing!
- Sheryl arrives at Mihoshi Academy nearly running over dozens of students to make her entrance.
- Ozma flusters Cathy way too easily lol after walking in on a video call between her and Leon
- Luca's imagination is over the top lol
- Sheryl, "Hime?" *entire gang points at Alto* Poor Alto now Sheryl knows his nickname lol
- Sheryl wants to play with Ex-Gear, obviously can't master the finer touches of it just yet, she gets egg on her face along with Ranka and Nanase which leads into..
- Shower scene fuck yeah! 10/10 episode!
- Varja eyecatch! Can't take them seriously anymore!
- Sheryl's panties stolen, Sheryl runs around in commando, Sheryl jacks Luca's ex-gear and causes mass destruction around the school.
- No idea what the manager said but this scene seems to once again show the distance between Sheryl and Ranka.
- Alto saves Sheryl to the tune of the Pirates of the Carribean esque bgm, want ost now!
- While singing Aimo, Brera joins in on his harmonica and shows himself to Ranka.
- Sheryl joins Mihoshi Academy signing up for a pilot course to Alto's shock! So when's Brera going to sign up?
Fun episode though I think I'll wait to the subs before giving it a rating since I want to know what was said in a few scenes.
The backgrounds are always going to be top notched since I'm pretty sure a specific studio is handling them and doing them throughout the series. Frontier has had some amazing backgrounds throughout the series.
Some scenes were animated nicely but the character designs were very rough and it definitely wasn't up to par compared to say episode 4 (rough designs but the movement was excellent) or episode 5.
Anyway it was a fun episode and pushed things along for character relations, episode 9 looks like it will focus on Michael and maybe Klan Klan.. and those 2 need some development!
Filler episode with filler humour, filler animation, filler character design, filler plot and filler interest. Well, it was by far the worst episode of Macross Frontier so far, especially after such an incredible 6th episode. A real letdown.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Yes, it was filler, and equivalent to a Code Geass 'chase the cat' episode, but it was still hilarious. "The Queen and the Princess" LOL. This episode had some nice character moments, like the scene with Kathy, and I love anything Alto/Sheryl, so I was happy. I enjoyed the reaction of the guys as they stared at the underwear on the floor. Freshly worn.... I don't mind if the animation is sub-par in filler episodes, as long as they bring it back to awesomeness on the episodes that really count, like last week. :)
lordshadowisle said: I'll say that this episode had pretty crappy production values.
ehh at time i thought the animations in this eps was to half asses, like sheyl, she looked eww in some scenes. and that weird aniome with no legs, i laughed at it when it was on the bench, like it looked so funny
well a humor episode...lots of laughs (lol'd at the Vajra mid-part)
of course it's a letdown compared to last episode but it was still enjoyable if only for the humor and the setting of high school events to follow later on
next episode looks nice, considering some background on mikhail
I found myself bored. I was watching Macross with my sister like i did in the 7 other episodes and she made me minimize the screen in the bath part... Well that was what made the episode less boring... Me and my sis fighting to maximize the window :p
as expected from the last preview, the episode sucked :/
couldn't really laugh with the "funny" scenes being so forced, and the animation was horrible compared to the rest of the episodes
and, i think it is definitely not necessary for every show to have a stupid and meaningless fanservice/comedic relief episode >.<
did i mention the horrible animation?
i really really hope this was a one-time slip that won't repeat itself x.x
Not bad. It was never going to top episode 7, and really, too much epic can be a bad thing so I welcomed the humor in this one. Looking forward to a little back story from Mikhail in the next. Also I hope the love triangle kicks into full gear soon as Ranka has been all but too static so far on that front.
Awful episode -- not my kind of humor, I guess. This episode also made me dislike Sheryl intensely; she came off to me as rather selfish and callous to others' feelings (mostly Alto and Ranka). I was trying to stay balanced between the two lead females, but I'm becoming more of a Ranka fan every episode.
Senna said: Awful episode -- not my kind of humor, I guess. This episode also made me dislike Sheryl intensely; she came off to me as rather selfish and callous to others' feelings (mostly Alto and Ranka). I was trying to stay balanced between the two lead females, but I'm becoming more of a Ranka fan every episode.
I'm really afraid that they're going to force "lol school comedy" episodes on us now... the only mecha series that ever did that well was Full Metal Panic. Studios really need to stop thinking that school comedy and mecha action are a good combination.
Some people are disliking Sheryl now? This episode made me like her even more. I love both the female leads, Ranka still wins but to whom will pair with Alto perhaps is still in debate. Sheryl is warming up to me though, she reminds me of Ami Kawashima from Toradora!<3
Funny episode, I had a few giggles. I'd like to know who that stranger was in the end, he has awesome hair.