Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2010 10:30 AM
May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
subs finally out

really good movie like the short series that came before it
i wish more anime was like this
Sep 4, 2010 12:26 PM

Jan 2010
So how much of it is recycled scenes from the anime?

Is it just a retelling of the anime or is it a whole new take on the setting?
Ok™
Sep 4, 2010 2:51 PM

Sep 2008
I couldn't tell what was old and what was new because i totally enjoyed watching it too much. I believe it was just a few scenes that transition from the individual episodes from the ONA.

I was really hoping more Sammy would be in this, but oh well, I still enjoyed my time of eve. THAT ENDING THOUGH! I'm trying to remember where else in the movie it appeared but I already forgot. D:

Somebody help me out.
Oh, and Chie-chan is just too adorable, as always.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2010 4:55 PM

Aug 2007
Great compilation movie! And I loved all the little extra added scenes... and that scene after the credits!! OMG. There's gotta be a sequel OVA in the works...! Too many unanswered questions!

Love this movie. :)

havsie said:
So how much of it is recycled scenes from the anime?

Is it just a retelling of the anime or is it a whole new take on the setting?

This is just all 6 OVA episodes edited together to makes one long movie with some extra added scenes. But if you have watched the whole OVA, I MUST insist you watch the movie cause there's some important added stuff that will be important if/when we get a sequel. (Mostly additions with Nagi's character & past)
Sep 4, 2010 6:50 PM

Sep 2009
Damm i hoped that few questions from ONA could be answered but now there are even more questions damm.
I hope they make sequel they must make sequel!
Btw why is romance tag in Genre? -.-
Sep 4, 2010 7:06 PM
Oct 2009
did anyone else notice the

anyways, this was a pretty great way to spend an hour and a half.
theamatomachineSep 4, 2010 7:29 PM
Sep 5, 2010 2:05 AM

Sep 2009
Maybe it has been hand of that guy from after credits scene.
Sep 5, 2010 11:12 AM

Feb 2009
can you tell where is the link?
Sep 5, 2010 11:50 AM

Jun 2009
ma_tch said:
can you tell where is the link?

http://mastodoninfantry.winnar.org/
http://chaos-th.com/
IXSep 6, 2010 7:20 PM
Sep 6, 2010 10:00 AM

Jul 2010
theamato said:
did anyone else notice the

anyways, this was a pretty great way to spend an hour and a half.

From what I can gather,
That's Nagi's dad who has the robotic hand and voice. Nagi lost her arm when radicals attacked her and her robot, and I assume her dad was also attacked and severity injured earlier, losing his arm also (The picture where he and Nagi are lifting both their arms in the sky together). I'm pretty sure he's either a creator, or at least a lead engineer, for androids/robots judging from how he calls them his 'children' and the blueprints you can see in one of pictures during the credits, giving a reason to why radicals would go after him and Nagi. After seeing how people were reacting to his creations, he and Nagi started the cafe to try to bring humans and robots/androids together.

At least, that's what makes sense to me.

Anywho, loved the crap out of this. The new scenes blended in perfectly, and the credits and after credits bit were great.

peacecraft said:
Great compilation movie! And I loved all the little extra added scenes... and that scene after the credits!! OMG. There's gotta be a sequel OVA in the works...! Too many unanswered questions!

Love this movie. :)

Damn right, I want a second season! Sammy, Ethics committee, the APC, there's so much more to do!
DecamperSep 6, 2010 10:07 AM
Pants are subjective.
Sep 6, 2010 2:54 PM
Oct 2009
I also really really hope that they do more with this series it is honestly great.

Sep 6, 2010 6:09 PM

Feb 2009
How can you not treat something that look like you like as human? I mean people treats their pets like family and such how can you not treat something that is made to look human as human? Why making them that way if you gonna be an ass about it?

Anyway it is pretty rare to come across such refreshing anime.
Sep 7, 2010 10:03 AM
Oct 2007
MaxCrazy7 said:
How can you not treat something that look like you like as human? I mean people treats their pets like family and such how can you not treat something that is made to look human as human? Why making them that way if you gonna be an ass about it?

Anyway it is pretty rare to come across such refreshing anime.

It's the ultimate identity crisis.
What does it mean to be human? If robots can be humans too, then it considerably cheapens the very meaning of humanity (which of course, is subjective, but nonetheless tremendously important to most).

On a side note, where are all the Nagi x Cyborgdad doujins?
Normal well-adjusted human being
Sep 7, 2010 2:25 PM

May 2009
Simply awesome... Love it. I think I enjoyed this movie even more than when I watched the series. It's been a while though, so I couldn't tell what scenes were new and whatever.

I hope we get a continuation or something, doesn't matter if it's a TV-version or another OVA - just something! I want to see more of the story.
Sep 8, 2010 8:47 PM
May 2010
I thought this was better than the ONA.
Sep 9, 2010 7:27 PM

Jun 2009
I think the movie was a better understandable version of the 6 OVA's.
More like a compilation but :) woot it was good I enjoyed it!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 10, 2010 2:22 PM
Nov 2008
Basically what Decamper said.
The thing I don't get is the APCs role in this and how Sammy got those images in one of the new scenes. I think it was her "dream" Nagi told Rikuo about and the last 2 scenes where the nightmare part. They where also in reversed chronological order, so if we look at it backwards the first scene is Nagi's dad (I think he is Shiotsuki) powering her up and the second scene is the greyhaired women (APC chairwoman) beating on her with a pipe while everyone has a sad expression on their faces. And in the first 2 mins of the movie they talk about the Ai made by Shiotsuki (code:Life) being halted from above. Also Sammy's code is Eve. She might just be the starting point of a "revolution" or sthing if there's a second season.

But man, these new scenes where hard to understand and we still don't know anything about APC. Setoro is just observing and reporting. The ethics commitee is clearly the ultra antirobot party while Nagi's bunch is the ultra prorobot but we don't know where the APC stands, they didn't even do anything yet.

The selling point of the show for me though is still the laidback cofeedrinking while guessing who's android and who's human :D.

Tl;dr: I loved it but more for the old parts.
MalestelSep 10, 2010 2:30 PM
Sep 10, 2010 5:59 PM

Sep 2008
Loved it and I just can't get enough of it.
Sep 10, 2010 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
I'm idiot, I just realized the girl on the newspaper was Nagi... guys have you watch the small clip after the end credits cause I'm definitely sure that they will be definitely season 2, also why does Nagi is still in supporting role as MAL stated.
Sep 10, 2010 7:08 PM

Jun 2009
gendouhydeist said:
I'm idiot, I just realized the girl on the newspaper was Nagi... guys have you watch the small clip after the end credits cause I'm definitely sure that they will be definitely season 2, also why does Nagi is still in supporting role as MAL stated.

http://chaos-th.com/?p=1623
Sep 11, 2010 8:54 AM

Oct 2009
I watched this movie without having watched the ONAs first
and, well...
it was amazing!
But should I watch the ONAs too? I just watched the summary of it, so perhaps not.
Sep 11, 2010 5:08 PM

May 2009
IX said:
http://chaos-th.com/?p=1623
No. It's definitely Nagi. Nothing would make sense if it was Akiko...
Sep 11, 2010 7:25 PM

Apr 2009
Far more complete than he OVA.
Sep 11, 2010 9:27 PM

Oct 2007
i still have questions.... i was hoping that it would have cleared some things up but it didn't, though i really liked the ending scenes after the credits
Sep 12, 2010 7:24 PM
May 2009
Liked the Movie Even More than the ONA. I followed the 6 ONA episodes Closely over the Year+ it was airing(The most Dragged out show I've ever watched). The ONA was great however it seemed to be missing Important Pieces and low and Behold they came out with the Compilation Movie with the Very Pieces I Felt were missing.

I rated the ONA a 9 Since it felt Incomplete but I have now Rated the Movie a 10 because it filled those Blanks. Now that doesn't mean I think the Show is done, On the Contrary, I think the Movie gives even More cause for a Sequel. The Blanks I was talking about seemed to be holes in the Actual Timeline of the Story. They were Originally there to have you Extrapolate what happened in the Gaps but the Blanks seemed to have Important Information in them and the Movie proved me right. Now that the holes are filled it Leaves more Solid Questions waiting to be answered(Instead of the vague ones the ONA left). This series begs for a Sequel itself (Not to mention the Begging Fans) So I say it's safe to assume they'll resume the Series. I just hope they don't Drag it out as Long because the ONA had me pulling my hair out in Anticipation.

On a side note I've decided to take up the Manga to see differences between it, the ONA, and The Movie and to see If I can gleam more Information and to see if I can sneak a preview of what's to come(If anything). Read New Post Below for Details
japzoneSep 12, 2010 8:35 PM
Sep 12, 2010 7:32 PM

Dec 2007
I also Rated the ONA a Nine but the move A ten due to similar Circumstances. I did not Know there was a manga For Time of Eve. Is the story Still from Yoshiura or is it a Straight Adaptation of the ONA?

I sure hope There will be more Time of Eve. I was really Enjoying it.
Sep 12, 2010 8:12 PM
May 2009
Well after posting the thing above I looked into the Manga and found out a few things:

It seems it's supposed to be 1 Volume and apparently a Pretty Much Straight Adaptation of the ONA(Darn).

Another thing I found out is that there are 3 Chapters out(maybe more by now, but wasn't clear) and NONE of them are Scanlated(Mega Darn) and only the RAWs of the first 2 Chapters can be found(More Darns), and those are there only because they can be found in the Sample Section on the Publishers Site.

NewsFlash
On a Positive Note apparently there is a Short Light Novel that is a Prequel to the Series and it's called "Act 0.5: Same" and another Plus is that "Chaos|Theory" has decided to Translate it. It's planned to be released in the PDF format and possibly EPUB. For more click HERE. They need some Translators to help so if you or Someone you know is willing Please assist. Hopefully this Novel can shed more light on this great series.
japzoneSep 12, 2010 8:19 PM
Sep 12, 2010 8:40 PM
May 2009
I was browsing around and found this on Crunchyroll:

(Source Crunchyroll: About Time of Eve Section)
Time of Eve Episode 6 went live on September 19, 2009, bringing the first season to a close. A huge "thank you" to all you fans who endured the long waits between episodes, and kept the series alive with your enthusiasm and support. Time is Eve is for all of you out there! Be sure to stay tuned for news on the series!

This is more Proof of a Second Season.
Sep 12, 2010 9:00 PM
Sep 13, 2010 2:53 AM

Sep 2007
are there STILL no rumours of a sequal????
Sep 13, 2010 3:26 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
stAtic91 said:
No. It's definitely Nagi. Nothing would make sense if it was Akiko...

It also makes no sense in that we already know that Akiko is an android, and a newspaper would not report an android being "damaged" as it would be out-of-character for the entire story universe.

japzone said:
I was browsing around and found this on Crunchyroll:

(Source Crunchyroll: About Time of Eve Section)
Time of Eve Episode 6 went live on September 19, 2009, bringing the first season to a close. A huge "thank you" to all you fans who endured the long waits between episodes, and kept the series alive with your enthusiasm and support. Time is Eve is for all of you out there! Be sure to stay tuned for news on the series!

This is more Proof of a Second Season.

Dude, you are aware that was posted when the sixth episode of the ONA was released, right? So the "stay tuned" was referring to the as-then-unannounced movie.

The movie was good overall. Some of the transitions out of the original ONAs in the context of a movie were awkwardly done, though. Like the first one just cut off like they spliced out of the first ONA as the credits were about to roll. It also feels like a few of the original ONA endings were reworked a bit for the movie. I was disappointed that despite the added scenes lots of stuff was left unresolved. Like I was really looking forward to this movie exposing the untold story from the ONAs about the ethics committee, but the run time wasn't long enough really. Had it been a over-two-hour feature film maybe they could have finished it but we spent way too much run time replaying the original ONA's content.
Sep 13, 2010 10:05 AM

Jun 2007
Eh, pretty much a complete waste of time if you've already seen the ONA. I did the night before, and the only scenes that added anything new were the ones at the start (it suggesting Sammy is important; a very short clip later adding onto this) and end (some images of Nagi's past, as well as her interacting with who is - presumably - Shiotsuki, going on him talking about robots as his children and the 'Code: Life' AI being his creation.) Nearly all of the new scenes were just bits chucked in-between what were originally separate episodes, such as Sammy playing with her hair - the scenes only being included so that people will see it and go, "Wow, this is new - IT ISN'T JUST 100% THE SAME AS BEFORE, JUST LABELED AS A MOVIE!"

The only thing I noticed that was cut from the ONA episodes was Masaki's 'girlfriend'. In the film, she's shown from behind ONCE - following Masaki. But, before, she had a short exchange with him, and was shown watching him as he stared at Akiho, following the discovery of her being an android.

It goes without saying that I liked what I saw since 99% of what I rated 10/10 got included. But it's also true that it's a pointless cash-in that only adds confusion or nothing at all with its few additions. I just hope a sequel will be made/released before too long in order for all of the unexplained plot elements to be cleared up...

...oh, ja, and +1 to the person who noticed Nagi's hand being transparent at the end - I missed it.
Sep 13, 2010 10:01 PM

Jun 2009
Aironic said:
Eh, pretty much a complete waste of time if you've already seen the ONA. I did the night before, and the only scenes that added anything new were the ones at the start (it suggesting Sammy is important; a very short clip later adding onto this) and end (some images of Nagi's past, as well as her interacting with who is - presumably - Shiotsuki, going on him talking about robots as his children and the 'Code: Life' AI being his creation.) Nearly all of the new scenes were just bits chucked in-between what were originally separate episodes, such as Sammy playing with her hair - the scenes only being included so that people will see it and go, "Wow, this is new - IT ISN'T JUST 100% THE SAME AS BEFORE, JUST LABELED AS A MOVIE!"

The only thing I noticed that was cut from the ONA episodes was Masaki's 'girlfriend'. In the film, she's shown from behind ONCE - following Masaki. But, before, she had a short exchange with him, and was shown watching him as he stared at Akiho, following the discovery of her being an android.

It goes without saying that I liked what I saw since 99% of what I rated 10/10 got included. But it's also true that it's a pointless cash-in that only adds confusion or nothing at all with its few additions. I just hope a sequel will be made/released before too long in order for all of the unexplained plot elements to be cleared up...

...oh, ja, and +1 to the person who noticed Nagi's hand being transparent at the end - I missed it.

Doesn't this make the ONA a waste of time and not the other way around?
Sep 17, 2010 1:33 AM

Jun 2009
At last download finish almost 5hrs but it's worth it

*Added extra scenes in between
*Added Sammy's view of the outside world
*Sammy's wardrobe
*Sammy's last image view
*Sammy had a image of Katoran..
*Nagi missing after the incident.. newspaper when she was 5

Funny moments:
1. Nagi sulking behind the wall
2. Chie-chan I.Am.A.Cat; steals stuffs
3. Masaki and Rikou staring at Rina's buns
4. Masaki and Tex going home -LOL

Even though they filled up the missing scenes, they need another movie for this..

**Ending scene, (the android who wears a green sweater) Nagi saying you're kids are having fun.. I think that guy with robotic one-arm is the creator of the androids

Well, It's very rare for me to score an anime of 10.. I mean I know they need further explanation but for the time being this leave a very strong impression on me, rewatching it again if you enjoy the anime why complain?..but I hope they added more on Sammy and Rikou relationship
ZinvySep 17, 2010 1:39 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 17, 2010 1:37 AM

Jun 2009
IX said:
Aironic said:

Doesn't this make the ONA a waste of time and not the other way around?

@Aironic You didn't enjoy the time of Eve
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 17, 2010 1:44 AM

Sep 2008
zinvince said:
Aironic You didn't enjoy the time of Eve

I believe Aironic had a point. It doesn't mean he didn't enjoy the movie; in fact he seems to love it as much as the ONA. It's just obviously that there's not much of an addition in here. I have to agree that this movie is an intended cash-in for the franchise. And I don't see anything wrong with that. At least it is an anime that deserves additional sales more than any moeblob or fanservice crap.
Sep 17, 2010 7:23 AM

Nov 2009
great anime movie

Rhastaroth said:
Needs a sequel badly!

i think there will be coz of the ending
Sep 17, 2010 3:12 PM

Mar 2008
Yay to awesome new scenes! Explained a lot and filled in some important holes I thought was missing in the OVAs. Beautifully done.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2010 1:25 AM

Apr 2009
Just watched it, haven't watched the ONA, but i can say that i loved every bit of it...

It needs a sequel so badly, 10/10, for a movie that was as entertaining as it was informative
Sep 18, 2010 3:19 PM

Jun 2009
Emxy said:

Both the movie and the ONA's were in hd.

HD is 720p and above.
The ONAs max out at 480, so no the ONAs were not in HD.
Sep 18, 2010 3:35 PM

Apr 2008
I wanted more new Eve no Jikan. I... feel empty.
Sep 18, 2010 8:22 PM

Aug 2009
The ONA was great but the movie just makes it better.
Even though the scenes are very much like the same, the additional scenes just makes it more interesting.

I always wondered what happened to Nagi, but since I watched the credits...everything is revealed. Been a while I haven't seen such a great anime movie in a while.

There's seem to be more of it but I wonder...will their ever be a sequel?
Sep 24, 2010 7:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The snapshot sequence in the end with Kajiura/kalafina's godly music was wonderfully done.

I noticed they added a bunch of new scenes but most of them are more teasers and make the entire story even more complicated. For instance, a few questions are being raised:

-Why did Sammy have a memory of being hit? Is it even her own memory? She seems to possess the memory of the broken androids and maybe even other androids. We know she is a special prototype...but her exact functions are still unknown... (android telepathy?) If it's her memory why did the member of the APC hit her? Did something go terribly wrong with an experiment?

-What exactly happened 10 years ago in that incident? We suppose that Nagi's family got attacked by the Ethics Committee... but exactly what happened and why was the newspaper censored to the public? Was there a catch and hidden secret behind the attacks?

These questions are pretty hard to answer given the current information. I don't think a second movie/series will come but you never know....

And yes... did you enjoy the time of Eve? I did. 10/10
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 26, 2010 10:48 PM
Dec 2009
Just finished watching it. I'm confused about the ending scene with Dr. Ashimori (white haired lady and the worker). What is 1138? Why was "Time of Eve" labeled as "Kept" as opposed to "closed"? Does that mean that they kept the cafe within their watch so that they can discover what is really going on there? Or does it mean the complete opposite? I know she is not a member of the ethics group, so why does she have "Time of Eve" listed on her computer? Anybody understand this part? Thanks.
Sep 26, 2010 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
dunno if this is allowed but can someone pm a link for for the movie. all i can find on google is the ona.
Sep 27, 2010 1:51 PM
Dec 2009
re donsolo:
So the part where the computer labeled the Time of Eve cafe as kept- that was originally from the Ethics Committee, not the APC. Dr. Ashimori just had access somehow to the EC's list on her computer (which would explain how they know that the Time of Eve cafe was 1138th on the list). Therefore, the Time of Eve cafe is safe from any immediate danger, at least for now. Is that right? Thanks.
Sep 27, 2010 2:30 PM
Dec 2009
Thanks for clearing that up!
Oct 5, 2010 5:41 AM

Dec 2007
Shiotsuki is all sorts of awesome. He makes Code:Eve and it gets stopped. He leaves and goes about his epic resistance movement with this little coffeeshop thing. He's got great things planned for the coexistence of androids and humans, "when that Time (of Eve) comes" as mentioned by Ashimori.

He makes that shop blackboard sign thing which broadcasts the information about the shop to the androids and broadcasts the #1138 overriding protocol. He's got some crazy technical know-how.

And he's got Nagi for a foster daughter. SO AWESOME.
Oct 5, 2010 12:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ottocycle said:
Shiotsuki is all sorts of awesome. He makes Code:Eve and it gets stopped. He leaves and goes about his epic resistance movement with this little coffeeshop thing. He's got great things planned for the coexistence of androids and humans, "when that Time (of Eve) comes" as mentioned by Ashimori.

He makes that shop blackboard sign thing which broadcasts the information about the shop to the androids and broadcasts the #1138 overriding protocol. He's got some crazy technical know-how.

And he's got Nagi for a foster daughter. SO AWESOME.

Exactly, he's the man.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 12, 2010 3:16 PM
Dec 2008
Decamper said:
From what I can gather,

That's Nagi's dad who has the robotic hand and voice. Nagi lost her arm when radicals attacked her and her robot, and I assume her dad was also attacked and severity injured earlier, losing his arm also (The picture where he and Nagi are lifting both their arms in the sky together). I'm pretty sure he's either a creator, or at least a lead engineer, for androids/robots judging from how he calls them his 'children' and the blueprints you can see in one of pictures during the credits, giving a reason to why radicals would go after him and Nagi. After seeing how people were reacting to his creations, he and Nagi started the cafe to try to bring humans and robots/androids together.

At least, that's what makes sense to me.

I think you've got a pretty good handle on this Decamper.

My interpretations:

* Nagi's father is probably Shiotsuki, the creator of the code:Life AI.

* Nagi was definitely the 5 year old girl seriously injured (possibly alongside her father) in one of the Ethics Committee's attacks.

* Her father used his skills as a robot technician to rebuild her arm, and then used what he learned from that process to build more human looking androids.

* From the credits, we see that Shiotsuki argued with Dr Ashimori, the grey-haired APC chairwoman, over something… probably his plans to release updates that further blurred the lines between humans and androids (shown by the plans on the desk).

* His parting gift, when he left the APC, was a prototype called Sammy. From Sammy's memory, we see that for some reason the APC chairwoman attacked Sammy and offloaded her onto the Kousaka family.

* Shiotsuki still watches over Sammy and worries that she still "feels" (understandably) insecure.

Some unanswered questions:

* Sammy's user ID is listed on the computer record as sakisaka_690. Her AI is code:Eve… not code:Life. What's the significance of this?

* Someone in Time of Eve is broadcasting the instruction to local androids to come to the cafe… who? It may not be Nagi, as she denies that she brings anyone there.

I really loved this film, but was disappointed that some scenes from the ONA were cut, particularly the touching scene from the end where Rikuo's sister Naoko began treating Sammy more like a human.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» OVA VS movie (the movie does NOT have all the scenes from OVA)

KaeDeeSss - May 11, 2015

10 by waalex11 »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:48 AM

» 8 years, no sequel

JuanBaldez - Jan 22, 2018

12 by waalex11 »»
Jul 22, 2023 9:26 PM

» is chie human?

SwordWielder - Nov 28, 2010

8 by scarvig »»
Oct 21, 2022 7:42 PM

» Eve no Jikan (Time of Eve)

KaeDeeSss - May 11, 2015

3 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 19, 2015 3:04 AM

» Eve no Jikan ONA or Movie?

JEEESHH - Sep 13, 2014

9 by JetFury »»
Jan 23, 2015 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.