Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 1, 2013 10:23 AM
May 2013
The animation was different from what I usually watch, but I liked it.
I came here for boobs I mean for "the plot" and I was not disappointed :D
Nov 18, 2013 12:18 AM

Oct 2013
The art styling is fairly fresh, don't see it many other places. I only hope that the ecchi doesn't take over the show and there is at least some good plot or character dev or something
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 25, 2013 10:15 AM

May 2013
I have to say I came into this series with very low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised by the artwork, and samurai theme is new to me. It was pretty good, and I love myself some fanservice here and there, and the bare breasts everywhere did it for me haha. The block blotch censoring must have sucked!

Love the ending song!
TomangoDec 29, 2013 10:24 AM
Jan 5, 2014 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
Art style was pretty cool, reminded me a little of Kemonzume. Decent episode overall, and I like the characters so far.
Mar 18, 2014 10:30 PM
Feb 2008
Entertaining episode. Especially liked the ink blots and old school art style

Lolled at the gray haired girl running into the door and crawling away

http://i.imgur.com/D1i0C2O.gif
Apr 3, 2014 5:40 AM

Apr 2014
Nice...The Guy Got Skills...matches against the girl samurais...great start for a harem anime...
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Apr 12, 2014 7:01 PM

Jun 2012
I am pleased.
Jun 21, 2014 10:13 PM

Feb 2013
Another anime with Rie Kugimiya voicing another main character, will expect 'fun' again X)
Jun 24, 2014 4:35 AM

Dec 2013
I don't like the art at all. It's dark and foggy. It was a pretty quick episode though so i'll stay for some more.
Feb 8, 2016 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
I like the art style.
Jul 12, 2016 11:37 PM

Feb 2014
Lol... I came to watch this anime thinking it didn't have a male MC. I didn't realize this show had a male character, I thought it was all girls...

I'll pass this anime then. If it had caught my attention anyways I could try to watch it, but it didn't happen. I could stay for the ecchi/fanservice, but those were nothing special, either.
TechOtakuJul 12, 2016 11:43 PM
Oct 12, 2018 2:46 PM
Oct 2018
Hi All

I realize that this is an older series, but I was hoping to get a question answered regarding Samurai Girls/Bride. I can only find details about one season for each of the shows - 12 episodes each (excluding any OVAs.) However, I have watched what appears to be a third season that closely resembles some of the episodes from Samurai Bride. While there are similarities, they do start out much differently which has me somewhat confused. I have watched them (all three) online and wondered if anyone out there has had the same experience as I have. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.
ufo1947
Aug 25, 2019 11:49 AM

Jul 2008
So.....Matabe for best girl am I right?
May 22, 2020 5:09 PM
Feb 2020
Painful Infodumping. Some time ago I watched the first episode and was like: ugh

So thought I'd give it a second chance because there is a voice actor in the english dub I like (reason I gave it a chance the first time).

Twice in a lifetime is enough for this episode.
Aug 25, 2023 10:54 AM

Nov 2010
That is what should have happened in real life. Sexy samurai superhuman girls destroy both Enola Gay and Bockscar from the skies and then proceed to destroy all US & USSR efforts to invade the Japanese Empire. Japan should've won WW2!

So far, so good. I like the art style, and all the girls look so delicious. I would love to eat them all! So many naked girls from OP to the ED. It also succeeded in giving me a boner throughout the runtime.

I'm not into lolis, but Yukimura's outfit makes her delectable!
Tokugawa Sen is hot! As hot as her Rance counterpart.
Matabei looks delicious in that Fundoshi. I wanna screw her butt so hard!
Mar 10, 1:17 AM
Nov 2015
Title: Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 1 - A Promising Start to a Riveting Adventure

As an avid fan of anime, I'm always on the lookout for fresh and captivating series to indulge in. Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls, from its very first episode, had me hooked with its unique blend of historical elements, action-packed sequences, and a touch of supernatural intrigue.

From the outset, the animation quality immediately catches the eye. Each frame is meticulously detailed, bringing the world of the samurai to life in vibrant colors and fluid motion. Whether it's the intricately designed battle scenes or the serene landscapes of ancient Japan, the visual presentation is nothing short of breathtaking.

But it's not just the visuals that shine in this debut episode. The story wastes no time in drawing viewers in, introducing us to the protagonist, Muneakira Yagyuu, and his encounter with the enigmatic Jubei Yagyuu. Their dynamic chemistry sets the stage for what promises to be an enthralling narrative filled with twists and turns.

What truly sets Hyakka Ryouran apart, however, is its creative reimagining of historical figures as powerful samurai warriors. Seeing iconic figures like Yukimura Sanada and Hanzo Hattori brought to life in this fantastical setting adds an extra layer of excitement and intrigue to the series. Each character is distinct and memorable, with their own motivations and secrets waiting to be unraveled.

The action sequences are another standout aspect of the episode. Choreographed with precision and flair, the battles are a joy to watch, blending traditional swordplay with supernatural abilities in a seamless manner. The animation team deserves praise for their attention to detail, making every clash of blades feel impactful and exhilarating.

Of course, no anime is complete without its soundtrack, and Hyakka Ryouran delivers in this department as well. From the stirring orchestral pieces that accompany the epic battles to the serene melodies that underscore moments of reflection, the music enhances the overall experience and immerses viewers even further into the world of the samurai.

Overall, the first episode of Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls sets a high bar for what's to come. With its stunning visuals, compelling characters, and exhilarating action, it's a must-watch for any anime enthusiast looking for a fresh take on the samurai genre. I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the next installment to see where this captivating journey will take us.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Dec 19, 2010

120 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 11 Discussion

MorningGlory - Dec 6, 2010

44 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 10 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Dec 7, 2010

38 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 9 Discussion

SoFarGone - Nov 29, 2010

43 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 21, 2010

57 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.