Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2010 4:01 PM

Aug 2009
LOL! Hairstyles are making this so worthwhile... j/k

Great episode!
Sep 2, 2010 4:14 PM

Jan 2010
So that guy with the neko hair basically doesn't have to follow any of the vampire rules...?

I hope next episode we get to see what happened to Natsuno.
Sep 2, 2010 4:18 PM

Mar 2008
Great..is this just going to be a town massacre...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2010 4:31 PM

Jun 2010
It doesn't seem like they have any real physical advantage over the humans though... Tatsumi's pretty built compared to Toshio so it's not really surprising seeing Tatsumi walk all over him.

They just need to buy some guns and hire some martial artists and they're set :P
Sep 2, 2010 4:50 PM
Nov 2008
Creepy cool..OMG...next pls! *_*
Sep 2, 2010 4:52 PM

Dec 2009
Yamazaki3 said:
i think they should get more people to help them

+ i think megumi is going to natsuno house maybe she'll save him maybe

At this point they should tell everyone in the village. Even if people don't believe them... Let them see and decide for themselves. Better than having people still taking walks alone in the middle of the night.

I wondered about Megumi too... Although maybe she's still pissed that Natsuno tore up the card...
Sep 2, 2010 4:55 PM

Feb 2009
Damn Toshio's wife! >0
Sep 2, 2010 5:01 PM

Dec 2008
zimno said:
...it's too scary.

^ +1
This was one scary episode! Nao's appearance was just C R E E P Y!!! I'll be sleeping with a cross under my pillow and one eye open tonight!
Sep 2, 2010 5:11 PM

Aug 2007
Wow this episode was great. The second half crept the hell out of me. Atleast one horror anime again after a long time (HotD is cool too but I don't count it as horror or something like that).
Sep 2, 2010 5:16 PM
Jul 2008
WTF are their vampire in MOVIES???
Sep 2, 2010 5:33 PM

Jan 2010
wow if i was in this anime and one of those albino night bitches bit me and i transformed into one of them i would just drink they're blood -_-''
Sep 2, 2010 6:22 PM

Nov 2009
great episode i like how it was creepyer with that girls eyes hahaha and were the hell did megumis boobs come from?? they were never that big lol cant wait till next week and im curious to the blue haired guy i forgot his name i love him! his personality is what i love but hes evil its sooo awsome!
Sep 2, 2010 6:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
confrontation episode...

Natsuno episode next....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 2, 2010 6:26 PM
Oct 2009
Man crap is starting to go downnnnnn.

Sep 2, 2010 6:58 PM

Dec 2008
Ah, stuff is going down. Poor Old lady.

Woo. This show has a thing for wacky hairstyles. His wife and mother win so far.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Sep 2, 2010 7:29 PM

Aug 2010
natsuno. next week!
i agree with Hana-Kei about Nao looking better in the manga.
Sep 2, 2010 7:35 PM

Mar 2009
More crazy hairstyles!

Phenomenal episode. So many tense moments that built up to a horrible end for Setsuko. Ouch. =(
Sep 2, 2010 7:39 PM

Jul 2007
"Let the Right One In" rules FTMFW.

Ozaki's "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" was epic until his bimbo wife fucked it up.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Sep 2, 2010 7:41 PM

Mar 2009
Ceska said:
Megumi was really hot this episode.

I noticed this too :O

So does Tatsumi by-pass all the vampire rules (maybe not a vampire?) or was he invited into the clinic when Ozaki's wife offered him a bun..

And yeah, some epic new hair this episode...this is getting good.
Sep 2, 2010 7:45 PM

Feb 2010
LOVED this episode...

I'm anxious to see whats happening at Natsuno's house... >_<
Sep 2, 2010 8:03 PM

Nov 2009
gahh i really wanted the creepy girl to own those stupid parents this episode. megumi was absolutely effing fabulous. that nao chick was creeeeepyyyyyy. like finally this show is actually getting kind of scary. i really want the green haired nurse to get bitten already. i also thought it was very interesting how muroi's book is called "shiki" yayy for new plot twists
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2010 8:36 PM

Sep 2009
Ryujinra said:
It doesn't seem like they have any real physical advantage over the humans though
Did you not see Megumi healing her wound within a spit second?

Megumi is so hot that I could jump on her...even though I am straight XD

Nao scratching the window and the Samara look was hell creepy.

Megumi, most probably wouldn't miss the chance of making Natsuno a vampire--->only if she is sort of evil.
Sep 2, 2010 9:08 PM

Jun 2010
now the creepy stuff is getting serious :D 5/5
Sep 2, 2010 9:30 PM

Jan 2007
When Ritsuko saw Nao walking through the forest...oh man.
I didn't see the creepy eyes coming. I really should have.
I am having nightmares tonight.

Sep 2, 2010 9:39 PM

Jul 2009
So Natsuno wasn't in the episode at all but the doctor and monk are now convinced about vampires and know how to keep them out. Too bad you can't uninvited them +_+ Amazingly episode and I'm dieing to see next weeks episode already.

Megumi in this episode is fabulous <3
Crazy hairstyle ftw!!
Sep 2, 2010 9:41 PM

Dec 2008
awesome episode!! ^^d

creepy in some ways... I know it sounds dorky... but at one moment I was grabbing my pillow without noticing... ^^;

I was also telling the nurse (in my mind) WTF are u doing by yourself at night, taking snacks to the doctor if NOBODY asked you...I know she is a nice person but that doesnt justify her stupidity (what if it wasn't Shiki, but wolfs...bats, snakes, rapists,or WHATEVER else...in the middle of the f-ing forest at NIGHT uhhh??)

ANYHOW, I so wanted to see the creepy little girl eat Natsumo's parents...but have to wait....

and last thing I have to say is....The doctor has an ugly wife...can she die too?? tell me she dies (lie to me PLEASE...maybe it is just the hair style...but I dont like her)
DKCesiaSep 2, 2010 10:20 PM
Sep 2, 2010 10:08 PM

Dec 2009
DKCesia said:
and last thing I have to say is....The doctor has an ugly wife...can she die too?? tell me she dies (lie to me PLEASE...maybe it is just the hair style...but I dont like her)

She is ugly, but there's something unusual about her. I like the way she talked back to the old woman.... If she doesn't die right away, I'll bet she turns out to be interesting.

My biggest problem with her is that she gets in the way of ToshioXSeishin ...just saying.
:3
Sep 2, 2010 10:28 PM

Dec 2008
ilikeyouevenmore said:
My biggest problem with her is that she gets in the way of ToshioXSeishin ...just saying.
:3

LOL I KNOW!!! and the nurse too!!! She wanted to interrupt their manly night together at the clinic. GOOD she didnt get raped...bitten...attacked...assaulted...killed by a Shiki or a human...or whatever...and only went home scared (cuz she did, right?)

Unusual...is she a MAN?? jk I wonder what she will do, cuz to me she seems like the annoying character that goes around doing stupid things...like INVITING THE VAMPIRES IN (but we also have Masao doing that role...so who knows?? ...I am guessing the ppl who read the manga?? O_o)
Sep 2, 2010 11:01 PM

Apr 2009
What an episode. I was not disappointed. This series just gets better and better with each ep. Lots of great creepy moments. I loved the way their discoveries unfolded. I wish I would've waited until it was midnight to watch this but when I get home from work and the torrent's ready to download I just can't resist! My only gripe is while the stuff with the doctor's mom and mother wasn't bad and I enjoyed it, the entire time I was just thinking "Get back to the clinic, damn it, I want to see what happens next!"

The way they've arranged the timeline for the last few eps is a little odd, I didn't realize the vampires were taking action against everybody in the same night. Kind of confusing but I wrapped my head around it by the end.

Can't wait to see how things wrap up with Natusmo and the guest waiting for him to come home.
Sep 2, 2010 11:03 PM

Oct 2008
oh the vampire raid was cool. Why didn't they prepare some weapon/cross/something to fight them with the 2nd time they came....were they going to catch her with bare hands....
Sep 2, 2010 11:59 PM

Aug 2009
werr-y said:
So that guy with the neko hair basically doesn't have to follow any of the vampire rules...?

I hope next episode we get to see what happened to Natsuno.

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe cos' that guy is a daywalker(as it was mentioned b4, in episode 7 or 8, i think) or a sort of mutant among mutants. I'm sure megumi is going to Natsuno's house at the end of the episode. So, hopefully, next week we will be able to see Natsuno and Meg together.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Sep 3, 2010 12:26 AM

Jan 2010
Inarius said:
zimno said:
...it's too scary.

This is basically Shiki in a nutshell

Pure WiN!

yup , this is scary!! that eye!! >.>
Sep 3, 2010 12:34 AM

Jan 2010
I have really mixed feelings towards Megumi...
I mean, she was super-annoying when she was alive, but got a lot better when she became an okiagari, but I really hate her for killing Tohru-chan, but now she seems so... Cool. And her outfit! <3

And Toshio is awesome. I'm so glad he wasn't bitten. This was one scary episode. I'm glad I watched it in the morning. 8D

I kinda missed Natsuno though. I'm a little worried about him now that that creepy girl is waiting for him at his place. PLEASE DON'T DIE NATSUNO. OWO

*Sigh* The 7-days wait is getting longer every week.
Sep 3, 2010 12:36 AM

Jan 2010
Gahh, I don't want to watch next episode >_>
I will anyway though :(

This series is my favorite this season, pretty interesting to watch.
Sep 3, 2010 1:25 AM

Feb 2009
The second part of the episode was simply brilliant.Beautifully atmospheric and atmospherically beautiful,lol.My favorite episode yet next to the one with Tohru's funeral...The atmosphere and the choice of bgm make Shiki my favorite of the season right now...

The director sure knows how to make an overused concept like this work.Still,the pacing is a little odd
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Sep 3, 2010 2:01 AM

May 2010
Gotta love those hairstyles!

At last they finally know the truth, now for some action!
Sep 3, 2010 2:15 AM
Aug 2010
Well the episod is very good and SACRY . well Nao how shame to do this to your mother , espeil with cute face .

WELL about the EP 10 the preview is there : http://www.okiagari.net/gallery/yokoku.html
Sep 3, 2010 3:25 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was awesome!!It had everything..
I can't get enough of this show..I want to see all the episodes in a row.I can't wait one whole week again..
Sep 3, 2010 3:29 AM

Feb 2010
again great episode :D.
Sep 3, 2010 3:36 AM

Oct 2009
Jaymie said:
Is Tatsumi even a vampire? He can go outside in the daylight and enter peoples' houses without permission.

The new hairstyles are so wacky that I am forced to believe that the animators are having a contest to see who can outdo the other.

What was with the "heyy heyyy heyyyy" during the scene with Nao walking towards the clinic? It sounded like the first Higurashi opening.

And is it just me, or was the first scene in the episode with Natsuno and Megumi also the last scene? Megumi seemed to be running to Natsuno (who else would she be in a rush to see?), and Shizuka wasn't with the group of vampires who attacked the clinic. So it looks like Megumi was running to save Natsuno from Shizuka (or to take care of him herself).

He said he was special remember?
Sep 3, 2010 3:49 AM

Dec 2009
Finally we get to see Ozaki's bratty mother and spoiled wife animated <3!
Poor Setsuko ... in the end all she got was more draining ...
Sep 3, 2010 4:16 AM

Dec 2009
4/5

It was great,but I gave a 4 cuz they didn't show what will happen to Natsuno and his family.....hope they show it in the next episode

Sep 3, 2010 4:18 AM

Jul 2009
I think Tatsumi is a werewolf..

Can't get enough of Rit-chan damn that nurse outfit is hawt..<3
Sep 3, 2010 5:48 AM

Apr 2010
Awesome episode. Honestly, Shiki is the best show this season. I still can't understand why is it so underrated. Maybe the art isn't very good and kinda strange, but if you think about it, that gives the show an unique atmosphere. And it's really creepy, which is the most important thing for a horror show. Give it a chance, if you drop it on the first episode, beacuse of the funny hairstyles and character design, you'll really lose.
Sep 3, 2010 5:54 AM

Jul 2008
Laevantein said:
I think Tatsumi is a werewolf..

Can't get enough of Rit-chan damn that nurse outfit is hawt..<3

LOL because of his "growl" at the end? XD

ImpureSoul said:
Awesome episode. Honestly, Shiki is the best show this season. I still can't understand why is it so underrated. Maybe the art isn't very good and kinda strange, but if you think about it, that gives the show an unique atmosphere. And it's really creepy, which is the most important thing for a horror show. Give it a chance, if you drop it on the first episode, beacuse of the funny hairstyles and character design, you'll really lose.

Agreed. I'm also reading the manga too.
Sep 3, 2010 6:19 AM

Sep 2009
This gif pretty much sums up my feelings after watching this episode:

This is so good that I actually doubt they can hold this level of awesomeness until the end of the series. Everything was just so perfect. It will be hard to beat the vampires now... there are so many of them, wonder what humans will come up with.
IDexSep 3, 2010 8:42 AM
Sep 3, 2010 6:28 AM

Jul 2010
^
IDex

Sep 3, 2010 6:36 AM

Dec 2009
ImpureSoul said:

agree :)

Sep 3, 2010 7:24 AM

Sep 2009
zimno said:
^
IDex

-.-
Civilize yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY
Sep 3, 2010 8:02 AM
Jul 2009
OH FUCK THIS EPISODE WAS BRILLIANT

Come on next weeekkkk... I need to find out what happenssss~ ;-;

Ooh, nice arms Tatsumi. o3o His voice sounded sexy in this episode. XD I actually felt really sorry for Toshio, he nearly saved her. D': I saw all the vampires outside and just thought: "OH SHIT" I wonder what Megumi's doing? :P She's going to Natusno's house I'm sure, but will she try and kill him or what?

SO NOW IT'S FULL ON...

SURVIVING HUMAS WHO BELIEVE IN VAMPIRES (Toshio, Seishin, Kaori, Akira and Natsuno)/OKIAGARI VS. VAMPIRES/OKIAGARI (20 or something) >.<;

I think bluey-green haired nurse or Toshio's wife will be next to go. I believe Toshio, Natsuno, Seishin, Akira and Kaori will survive. I wonder if Toshio's going to tell everyone about his vampire/okiagari theory so they can team-up and eliminate the vampires?

Guessing the next episode will be mainly Natsuno, Kaori and Akira again, and maybe the vampires will do the same to them (team up and scare the shit out of them, maybe steal one of them and try to bite them...).
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.