MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Highschool of the Dead »» Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (25) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

356 64.49%
4 out of 5: Liked it

101 18.30%
3 out of 5: It was OK

60 10.87%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

19 3.44%
1 out of 5: Hated it

16 2.90%
Voters: 552

08-30-10, 5:25 AM

Best episode of this series so far.

I remember when I was reading the manga a long time ago that it was at that moment that I really fell for Saeko. Best character, closely followed by Komuro and Kouta.

08-30-10, 5:31 AM

belatkuro said:
novalis said:
So what, to make Saeko at least partially accept her thrill in killing, Takashi has to grab her breast while he delivers his speech? WTF.
It wasn't supposed to be like that. He was supposed to just embrace her. Then when he was getting into the latter parts of his "cheesy" speech, he kind of grabbed her boobs to
stop her trembling. Or was it because Takashi was getting emotional in his speech that he was trembling, I can't remember or interpret how it went. Correct me if I'm wrong :|.
Reminded me about that chikan who grabbed some girls chest in train to "stop the trembling". :D

zimno said:
novalis said:
So what, to make Saeko at least partially accept her thrill in killing, Takashi has to grab her breast while he delivers his speech? WTF.

Because there is boob there.
Hilarious.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

08-30-10, 5:37 AM

I don't understand why he need to grab her breasts, but it's a score. Also SHE"S GOING TO BE WET?"

WTF?

08-30-10, 5:39 AM

AceIII said:
I dont get this anime... they cant show a simple kiss but oh wait we can show everything else from tit grabs to panty shots. Jap got wierd sense of censoring.

Have to agree with this

08-30-10, 5:41 AM

Lelouch101 said:
MomeRath said:
draker said:
He really had to say that last line, didn't he? What a dick =/
Saeko >>>> *

We all know he has a huge hard on for rei, but i agree that line really rubbed me the wrong way.

This could just be wishful thinking but perhaps Takashi was just telling himself that he did it "to survive" is because deep inside he's confused about who he truly loves more between Saeko and Rei. Takashi did ask Saeko about her love life out of nowhere, but technically speaking he is with Rei at the moment so maybe he was just telling himself those words to try to justify his inner guilt of cheating on Rei in this episode.

Besides, in a way Rei seems using Takashi in order for her survival too since she trusts him and likewise Takashi wants Saeko to live so he can survive and the main reason for that is because he knows that Saeko is one of the most dependable people among the group, which proves he trusts her.

So my point is maybe there is more to the meaning of that last line than we all think, hopefully the upcoming episodes will show more development between Takashi and Saeko

Thats exactly how i feel about it :)

I adore Saeko, shes freaking awesome, Great episode! but now Rei will come in and ruin everything ¬_¬
>_<

08-30-10, 5:42 AM

KazeFalcon said:
AceIII said:
I dont get this anime... they cant show a simple kiss but oh wait we can show everything else from tit grabs to panty shots. Jap got wierd sense of censoring.

Have to agree with this

I beg to differ, I don't think it was censored.
TBH, I think it was left out on purpose, u know, to let the fans imagine what happened during the night after they kissed.
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

08-30-10, 5:44 AM

I think you people are misunderstanding what he said in the end.

When he said he accepted it to survive, he means it in terms of:

Accepting everything after the zombie apocalypse, in order to survive.
People who don't accept whats happening end up killing themselves or dying in some stupid way, EXAMPLE: That teacher in ep1, that kills himself etc etc.

So in order for him to survive he had to accept everything that's happening ( thing he was doing since the zombie apocalypse ), killing people, killing kids, robbing, zombie genocide, and other human people *insert Saeko here*

TD;DR he adapted to this new world, else he would not suvive. NOT I nailed her to survive.

08-30-10, 5:44 AM

The boobie part was VERY VERY uneccesary..
Other than that very good episode :)

08-30-10, 5:45 AM

The best episode so far! Saeko is awesome ^ ^

08-30-10, 5:48 AM

ImpalerPT said:

People who don't accept whats happening end up killing themselves or dying in some stupid way, EXAMPLE: That teacher in ep1, that kills himself etc etc.

So in order for him to survive he had to accept everything that's happening ( thing he was doing since the zombie apocalypse ), killing people, killing kids, robbing, zombie genocide, and other human people *insert Saeko here*

TD;DR he adapted to this new world, else he would not suvive. NOT I nailed her to survive.

Very good reasoning there. And i agree with it.
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

08-30-10, 5:50 AM

novalis said:

A major WTF moment. That was stupid as hell.

08-30-10, 5:53 AM

ImpalerPT said:

You made me re-watch that scene. And i'm a bit confused. Though you may be right. He says that he accepted everything in order to survive, so yeah it's nothing against Saeko, now that i think about it. Besides, he didn't have to mean only his own survival, right?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

08-30-10, 5:56 AM

AlexSadist-sama said:
novalis said:

A major WTF moment. That was stupid as hell.

agree

I really cant understand how ppl can rate this crap with 10/10 if they arent some horny teenagers in puberty but anyways I planned to drop this series with this episodebut then i saw this:

For me it was so ridiclious thus funny that i couldnt stop laughing about the absurdity. Thats why i ll finish the last 3 episodes (just for the lulz) but if they make a 2nd season ill pass .
Manga is way better than this.
Modified by Oldy, 08-30-10, 6:00 AM

08-30-10, 5:57 AM

Oldy said:

Oh yeah how could I forget that.. another WTF.

08-30-10, 6:17 AM

so sexual asulst is her switch and she is a sadist i bet a lot of guy lover her (fuck shes hot)

08-30-10, 6:27 AM

This is weird...the zombie still have a bit brain to know not to cross the water.

Saeko is very sexy when She got wet ^,^ .... but how come Takashi doesn't get wet at all??.....Well, I don't want to see Takashi nor Hirano naked anyway . I am cool with this.

Saeko's fight is really good.At least there is no goddamn matrix ecchi ruin this time(sometimes I really hate the camera man!!!).Well, there is a plot when she stop hitting the kids, and she don't want to admit that she is a sadist ^.^
Yepee, Miko zombie !!!
QysteiN said:
The boobie part was VERY VERY uneccesary..
Other than that very good episode :)
It is weirdly necessary, during the flashback, Saeko get herself rape just to make a good reason to fight back.
Right now,Takashi trying to simulate to same situation again in Takahi's style .Basically, girl only listen to men when they punish them hard enough.
during when Takashi harass her boobs. She get excited. Masochist confirm !!

08-30-10, 6:43 AM

The fact that he felt comfortable enough to passionately and violently grab her breasts indicates that something more than just a kiss happened in that shrine the night before. He accepted her to survive, but I'm more than sure that he got a little enjoyment out of it too.

Damn! What I wouldn't give to be in Saeko's shoes!! Lucky!!

08-30-10, 6:47 AM

VillettaIchihara said:
Damn! What I wouldn't give to be in Saeko's shoes!! Lucky!!

Damn! What i wouldn't give to be in Takashi's shoes!! Lucky!!
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

08-30-10, 6:51 AM

BEST EPISODE EVER LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Moar Saeko pl0x

I have a bad feeling he's gonna dump Saeko for what's-her-face-bitch though >.>

08-30-10, 6:54 AM

Well that was kind of out of left field. I had Takashi pegged as ending up with Rei as would be typical in most manga/anime childhood friends continued relationship fashion. This was a great surprise.

Now it seems we will get to see the new power mad guy trying to run things. Hope that is dealt with quickly before the end of this season (I'm counting on atleast two more 12 to 13 episode seasons just to wrap up all the loose ends.)

Pages (25) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices