Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Mar 17, 2014 5:01 AM

Mar 2013
There is a huge debate in regards to if Saeko and Takashi had sex here in Episode 9.

In the manga chapter 17, they probably didn't share a kiss, and likely didn't have sex. There is still the question of what loud noises could have drawn the zombies to them, why Saeko is shown adjusting her skirt(could be due to getting wrinkled while sleeping, or equally likely that she didnt wear it during the night, for whatever reason...), why Takashi had no qualms squeezing Saeko's tits (especially since before the night in question he was very shy around her in sexually charged situations), and the confession that ensued while fondling her, and finally the aftereffect of all this with Saeko asking him to take responsibility. Also clearly Takashi had an interest in her previously based on prying into her love life, with the obvious intention of seeing if the coast was clear. When they get to the Mansion they are clearly displaying physical affection, which is noted by Takagi and immediately sours her previously jubilant mood in regards to Takashi surviving. Still in the manga most would agree it's unlikely they had sex there, since more hints would have let us know of the development.

However the Anime is another matter. There is no doubt that at the least kissing and sexual activity ensued, as implied by the significantly long black screen pause following their kiss. All the points above which are shown and emphasized in the anime, including the more obvious confession(the additional line "I think you are the best/coolest woman I know) while vigorously stimulating her breasts and getting her juices running for the ensuing battle, serve to reinforce the blatantly obvious direction in the Anime of them having had sex.

With all this proof in tow, there is NO DOUBT that in the Anime Cannon THEY HAD SEX. Sure thats a loose and liberal interpretation of the manga, but throughout the 12 episodes nearly everything was adapted faithfully. On this tangent the anime decided to appeal to the overwhelming public support of Saeko x Takashi. Even in the slim chance that the manga eventually foolishly decides to not have this as a final ship, that will not retroactively change the Anime's reality where Saeko and Takashi did have sex. The anime would have little trouble adapting the (imaginary and highly unlikely) subideal pairing of something like Rei x Takashi, since there was nothing questionable about Saeko and Takashi having sex earlier. He most assuredly WAS NOT with Rei, nor committed to her in any written or even oral agreement. Rei also has no grounds to chastise him for being with another woman, as she already is guilty of choosing and being with his best friend, not too mention constantly bombarding and comparing Takashi unfavorably to her Hisashi.

Still some Rei shippers and the obstinately ignorant fools will try to deny what happened in the Anime. Their claims lack any substance, with their best and only semi-logical counter being that the manga didn't go so far. Unfortunately for them even if in the manga they didn't have sex, that has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on the Anime. The most recent supposed counter is from the filler OVA, which clearly is a fan service special that doesn't follow any of the anime rules/cannon (i.e they never were on the island, and the zombies "attacking" Takashi clearly didn't follow their normal rules and characteristics and were just used as a gag). In the delusional orgy, where no one is in their right mind, supposedly Saeko's line "I've always wanted to do this" is a "counter" to them having had sex previously. This ofcourse ignores the context, and more importantly the ensuing line, which is really part of the same sentence, namely "I've always wanted to this, I've always wanted to be your woman". Unfortunately for the ignorant few that tout this as proof, even in this delusional rambling there is nothing contradictory in her words saying she has always wanted to be his woman who could have sex with him on a regular basis, even with all the other girls right near their vicinity. Up until that point they just had a 1 night stand that they felt was right given the circumstances, namely being all alone, separated from their friends/family/help/food/ and necessities, in a world gone mad. In addition their actions were largely spurred by the emotional instability and insecurity radiating from Saeko, due to her not feeling fit to love men and have men reciprocate that, because of her twisted and dark pleasure from hurting/killing others. Takashi said the important Words, that he understood her and accepted her, and proved he meant it and that she could still be wanted with his Actions, namely by kissing and then making love to her. However that could end up being an anomaly due to needing to survive their present crisis, as is referenced by Takashi's highly misunderstood/mistranslated statement "I accepted her Darkness. Actually i accepted everything in the end. Obviously i did this in order to survive". The Ova Saeko comment clearly reinforces that she wants to be with him sexually as his woman, on a frequent and permanent basis. The fact that it even showed them having sex and both wanting eachother in their respective delusions is actually just more proof that they did have sex in episode 9, with this being the fanservice of that night we didn't get.

In short, the consensus is that in the manga they probably didnt have sex in Chapter 17 (although possible), however in the Anime the overwhelming facts and input from fans/critics is that they did have sex(with no legitimate room to deny it).
SlickDMar 17, 2014 5:14 AM
Apr 21, 2014 1:50 AM
Jun 2013
SlickDragon said:
There is a huge debate in regards to if Saeko and Takashi had sex here in Episode 9.

In the manga chapter 17, they probably didn't share a kiss, and likely didn't have sex. There is still the question of what loud noises could have drawn the zombies to them, why Saeko is shown adjusting her skirt(could be due to getting wrinkled while sleeping, or equally likely that she didnt wear it during the night, for whatever reason...), why Takashi had no qualms squeezing Saeko's tits (especially since before the night in question he was very shy around her in sexually charged situations), and the confession that ensued while fondling her, and finally the aftereffect of all this with Saeko asking him to take responsibility. Also clearly Takashi had an interest in her previously based on prying into her love life, with the obvious intention of seeing if the coast was clear. When they get to the Mansion they are clearly displaying physical affection, which is noted by Takagi and immediately sours her previously jubilant mood in regards to Takashi surviving. Still in the manga most would agree it's unlikely they had sex there, since more hints would have let us know of the development.

However the Anime is another matter. There is no doubt that at the least kissing and sexual activity ensued, as implied by the significantly long black screen pause following their kiss. All the points above which are shown and emphasized in the anime, including the more obvious confession(the additional line "I think you are the best/coolest woman I know) while vigorously stimulating her breasts and getting her juices running for the ensuing battle, serve to reinforce the blatantly obvious direction in the Anime of them having had sex.

With all this proof in tow, there is NO DOUBT that in the Anime Cannon THEY HAD SEX. Sure thats a loose and liberal interpretation of the manga, but throughout the 12 episodes nearly everything was adapted faithfully. On this tangent the anime decided to appeal to the overwhelming public support of Saeko x Takashi. Even in the slim chance that the manga eventually foolishly decides to not have this as a final ship, that will not retroactively change the Anime's reality where Saeko and Takashi did have sex. The anime would have little trouble adapting the (imaginary and highly unlikely) subideal pairing of something like Rei x Takashi, since there was nothing questionable about Saeko and Takashi having sex earlier. He most assuredly WAS NOT with Rei, nor committed to her in any written or even oral agreement. Rei also has no grounds to chastise him for being with another woman, as she already is guilty of choosing and being with his best friend, not too mention constantly bombarding and comparing Takashi unfavorably to her Hisashi.

Still some Rei shippers and the obstinately ignorant fools will try to deny what happened in the Anime. Their claims lack any substance, with their best and only semi-logical counter being that the manga didn't go so far. Unfortunately for them even if in the manga they didn't have sex, that has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on the Anime. The most recent supposed counter is from the filler OVA, which clearly is a fan service special that doesn't follow any of the anime rules/cannon (i.e they never were on the island, and the zombies "attacking" Takashi clearly didn't follow their normal rules and characteristics and were just used as a gag). In the delusional orgy, where no one is in their right mind, supposedly Saeko's line "I've always wanted to do this" is a "counter" to them having had sex previously. This ofcourse ignores the context, and more importantly the ensuing line, which is really part of the same sentence, namely "I've always wanted to this, I've always wanted to be your woman". Unfortunately for the ignorant few that tout this as proof, even in this delusional rambling there is nothing contradictory in her words saying she has always wanted to be his woman who could have sex with him on a regular basis, even with all the other girls right near their vicinity. Up until that point they just had a 1 night stand that they felt was right given the circumstances, namely being all alone, separated from their friends/family/help/food/ and necessities, in a world gone mad. In addition their actions were largely spurred by the emotional instability and insecurity radiating from Saeko, due to her not feeling fit to love men and have men reciprocate that, because of her twisted and dark pleasure from hurting/killing others. Takashi said the important Words, that he understood her and accepted her, and proved he meant it and that she could still be wanted with his Actions, namely by kissing and then making love to her. However that could end up being an anomaly due to needing to survive their present crisis, as is referenced by Takashi's highly misunderstood/mistranslated statement "I accepted her Darkness. Actually i accepted everything in the end. Obviously i did this in order to survive". The Ova Saeko comment clearly reinforces that she wants to be with him sexually as his woman, on a frequent and permanent basis. The fact that it even showed them having sex and both wanting eachother in their respective delusions is actually just more proof that they did have sex in episode 9, with this being the fanservice of that night we didn't get.

In short, the consensus is that in the manga they probably didnt have sex in Chapter 17 (although possible), however in the Anime the overwhelming facts and input from fans/critics is that they did have sex(with no legitimate room to deny it).

Again its not proof unless actually said then it didint happen.With a show that doesint shy away from this sort of thing you really think they would have shyed away from that.Someone here just sounds like a hardcore shipper.Stuff like this is done for 2 reasons.One is to get shippers riled up and talking about the show more witch it suceeded in doing as you can tell from yourself and secondly it gives them leg room to do whatever they want with that scene later on.They could say they kissed and nothing els or they kiss and screwed or kissed and almost came close to screwing or maybe not kiss at all and just huged.Thats why it turned black its just a easy way to make up their minds later depending on viewer response.
souledge94Apr 21, 2014 4:45 PM
Apr 21, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
Lmao, random tit-grab xD
Nice ep, 5/5
Apr 22, 2014 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
souledge94 said:

Again its not proof unless actually said then it didint happen.With a show that doesint shy away from this sort of thing you really think they would have shyed away from that.Someone here just sounds like a hardcore shipper.Stuff like this is done for 2 reasons.One is to get shippers riled up and talking about the show more witch it suceeded in doing as you can tell from yourself and secondly it gives them leg room to do whatever they want with that scene later on.They could say they kissed and nothing els or they kiss and screwed or kissed and almost came close to screwing or maybe not kiss at all and just huged.Thats why it turned black its just a easy way to make up their minds later depending on viewer response.

Say what you will, the overwhelming consensus is that in this episode they did have sex. The positive support for this Anime Original Canon Sex Scene is what led to "them" giving us the OVA sex scene. You can ignore these points all you want, just understand that your view is at best that of the insignificant minority, at worst delusional.
Apr 23, 2014 1:57 AM

Apr 2014
Not all anime... follow manga obviously this episode showd they banged in that shrine... but w/e good episode alot of good killing
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Apr 27, 2014 8:09 PM
Jun 2013
SlickDragon said:
souledge94 said:

Say what you will, the overwhelming consensus is that in this episode they did have sex. The positive support for this Anime Original Canon Sex Scene is what led to "them" giving us the OVA sex scene. You can ignore these points all you want, just understand that your view is at best that of the insignificant minority, at worst delusional.

You didint refute any of my points all you did was "nu uh they did" .Also the ova doesint mean anything as it doesint go with anime cannon its just there and even if we did go by it it was all in their heads.Just admit your a hardcore shipper and this was your ray of hope.Like I said untill its said witin the anime its all asumption.I gave you all my points to why the scene played out like it did.Simply put it gives the writers wiggle room to go anyway they want to go.You can go "they did it they so did it" all you want but the fact is the anime doesint say anything on it.When it does then you can say that line if they indeed say they did it.
souledge94Apr 27, 2014 8:19 PM
Apr 27, 2014 9:23 PM

Mar 2013
souledge94 said:

You didint refute any of my points all you did was "nu uh they did" .Also the ova doesint mean anything as it doesint go with anime cannon its just there and even if we did go by it it was all in their heads.Just admit your a hardcore shipper and this was your ray of hope.Like I said untill its said witin the anime its all asumption.I gave you all my points to why the scene played out like it did.Simply put it gives the writers wiggle room to go anyway they want to go.You can go "they did it they so did it" all you want but the fact is the anime doesint say anything on it.When it does then you can say that line if they indeed say they did it.

I see you don't have much experience watching anime, and in particular ecchi. If you think things need to be stated explicitly in order to ascertain their veracity, then let me do you the favor of letting you know that it doesn't work like that in anime. The majority of the time these matters are only implied, without showing the deed or anything more than kissing (usually not even that much). They are often times not even discussed afterwords. Prominent examples (there are too many to list but i'll bring up some top 50 most popular anime examples) include the sex scenes in Fate Stay Night (using dragon animations for the sex scenes between Shirou and Saber. They never say they are having sex, just "recharging" mana), Shakugan no Shana Final (episode 11, Margery Daw and Satou have a very similar scene to this episode of HOTD, but there is no doubt by anyone they had sex eventhough its never explicitly confirmed), Neon Genesis Evangelion (Katsuragi and Kaji sex scenes aren't shown explicitly).

The main reason for this is due to japanese culture and censorship. They don't want their children or even teenagers to be exposed to sex in anime since they fear it will affect their real life decision making for the worse, as they are more likely to emulate what they see. Sex amongst middle school/high school teenagers is even more problematic, often times leading to boycotts and protests if it's ever introduced in these anime. A prime example was Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, here is a quote from the gundam wiki and wikipedia-

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED
"In episode 16 ("The Burning Desert Sands"), it is made very clear that the main character Kira Yamato and his love interest Flay Allster had sex sometime between episodes 15 and 16. This scene gave parents in Japan a scare and caused a good deal of controversy at the time. The directors were punished for this scene."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED
The sixteenth episode of Gundam SEED features a scene in which Kira Yamato is seen dressing after getting out of a bed where the teenage girl Flay Allster lies sleeping naked, suggesting a sexual relationship. The Japanese Commission for Better Broadcasting reported that viewers filed complaints regarding the scene as the show was aired at 6 pm when children would be watching. Mainichi replied by mentioning it should have given more careful consideration to the episode before airing it.[126]

There are many forum discussions explaining why sex is treating in such an evasive and non realistic matter, ill link 1 of them here entitled Why isn't their sex scenes in anime
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=393935&show=20

A well respected answer on the 1st page was
DesolateOne said:
No. People are missing the actual reason - it can't be done. Most of the time at least. Why? Because most anime shows involve young teenagers; never ones who are older. Sex scenes in Western movies involve adults, not children. Well, obviously I'm saying this in a loosely-based fashion but yeah. When they do involve adults, they usually just make it a full-fledged hentai for the sake of ease in terms of convention. Noone wants to break outside of te predefined box.

An exception to this would be animes like Highschool of the Dead in which there was a sex scene similar to ones found in Westen movies. The only reason it worked in the show was because they looked pretty much like adults and the "atmosphere" of the show was a bit more mature as opposed to shows like Air and stuff.

However, I feel that shows like Clannad would have been a great choice for a sex scene, but they probably choose not to include it but instead mention it to keep it a lot "safer".

In short, it's just hard to find a good reason or a good atmosphere to create a sex scene. Afterall, two students from a highschool facing off against the supernatural (i.e a shounen with action & romnce) having consensual sex seems...random.

Coincidentally the answer happens to include a prime example of a show with sex scenes, namely this exact episode and discussion we are talking about.

Whether you want to accept the facts and reality of the anime world are up to you, but I'd advise you to not flaunt your ignorance and naivete overly much if you want to be taken seriously on MAL.
SlickDApr 27, 2014 9:28 PM
Apr 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Jun 2013
SlickDragon said:
souledge94 said:

I see you don't have much experience watching anime, and in particular ecchi. If you think things need to be stated explicitly in order to ascertain their veracity, then let me do you the favor of letting you know that it doesn't work like that in anime. The majority of the time these matters are only implied, without showing the deed or anything more than kissing (usually not even that much). They are often times not even discussed afterwords. Prominent examples (there are too many to list but i'll bring up some top 50 most popular anime examples) include the sex scenes in Fate Stay Night (using dragon animations for the sex scenes between Shirou and Saber. They never say they are having sex, just "recharging" mana), Shakugan no Shana Final (episode 11, Margery Daw and Satou have a very similar scene to this episode of HOTD, but there is no doubt by anyone they had sex eventhough its never explicitly confirmed), Neon Genesis Evangelion (Katsuragi and Kaji sex scenes aren't shown explicitly).

The main reason for this is due to japanese culture and censorship. They don't want their children or even teenagers to be exposed to sex in anime since they fear it will affect their real life decision making for the worse, as they are more likely to emulate what they see. Sex amongst middle school/high school teenagers is even more problematic, often times leading to boycotts and protests if it's ever introduced in these anime. A prime example was Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, here is a quote from the gundam wiki and wikipedia-

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED
"In episode 16 ("The Burning Desert Sands"), it is made very clear that the main character Kira Yamato and his love interest Flay Allster had sex sometime between episodes 15 and 16. This scene gave parents in Japan a scare and caused a good deal of controversy at the time. The directors were punished for this scene."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED
The sixteenth episode of Gundam SEED features a scene in which Kira Yamato is seen dressing after getting out of a bed where the teenage girl Flay Allster lies sleeping naked, suggesting a sexual relationship. The Japanese Commission for Better Broadcasting reported that viewers filed complaints regarding the scene as the show was aired at 6 pm when children would be watching. Mainichi replied by mentioning it should have given more careful consideration to the episode before airing it.[126]

There are many forum discussions explaining why sex is treating in such an evasive and non realistic matter, ill link 1 of them here entitled Why isn't their sex scenes in anime
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=393935&show=20

A well respected answer on the 1st page was
DesolateOne said:
No. People are missing the actual reason - it can't be done. Most of the time at least. Why? Because most anime shows involve young teenagers; never ones who are older. Sex scenes in Western movies involve adults, not children. Well, obviously I'm saying this in a loosely-based fashion but yeah. When they do involve adults, they usually just make it a full-fledged hentai for the sake of ease in terms of convention. Noone wants to break outside of te predefined box.

An exception to this would be animes like Highschool of the Dead in which there was a sex scene similar to ones found in Westen movies. The only reason it worked in the show was because they looked pretty much like adults and the "atmosphere" of the show was a bit more mature as opposed to shows like Air and stuff.

However, I feel that shows like Clannad would have been a great choice for a sex scene, but they probably choose not to include it but instead mention it to keep it a lot "safer".

In short, it's just hard to find a good reason or a good atmosphere to create a sex scene. Afterall, two students from a highschool facing off against the supernatural (i.e a shounen with action & romnce) having consensual sex seems...random.

Coincidentally the answer happens to include a prime example of a show with sex scenes, namely this exact episode and discussion we are talking about.

Whether you want to accept the facts and reality of the anime world are up to you, but I'd advise you to not flaunt your ignorance and naivete overly much if you want to be taken seriously on MAL.

I just finished seeing psycho pass where 2 girls finish having sex and its shown as them laying naked after the act. So your argument is kinda flawed.It can be shown just how much detail you wanna put in it.It could something as simple as cloths laying on the floor,them laying with one another and so forth doesint need to be the act itself.Please dont wave "you dont know anime" nonsense.Also the gundam example seems to be cause of the time frame of the show.Im sure highschool of the dead wasint playing at a time when people who werent suppose to see it can easily see since the content of the show. Its also the type of show that really doesint needs to worry about that stuff as much since the type of show that it is.Again if its not shown in some form(im not asking for shadow humping or the actual act), said or brought up in some way then its all asumption.If you want to believe they had sex then thats fine but its not fact yet.I know your a hardcore shipper but relax.Also does calling someone ignorant make you feel better or something.Anywho going by how you came off its clear this isint going to go anywhere and you will proboly just insult me more for some odd reason so watev.
souledge94Apr 28, 2014 12:40 AM
May 6, 2014 9:38 PM

Nov 2013
Damn Saeko is a super sadist, and really prone to getting wet :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwMkfGbmfhI
This video teaches me the importance of hygiene and fetishes!!!
May 25, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
Hyperdemon said:
Damn Saeko is a super sadist, and really prone to getting wet :p

That's why she's so awesome!
Jul 11, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
ye i really like saeko i hope he dumps rei, cause fpr her he is only a second choice
Aug 27, 2014 6:51 AM

Sep 2012
WHAAAAT, did Takashi & Saeko really do it? i guess they did

overall, this EP was HOOOOOOOOT :)

Did any1 else noticed something when Seako came out from that Temple or Tojo or what ever it was, she was not finished putting her panties on, she Tied the panties string when she came out, come on, do u sleep with out under pants when ur in same place with a woman? i think not, unless ur having SEX
Sugram22Aug 27, 2014 7:40 AM
Aug 27, 2014 7:27 AM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
Re-watching.
and then he fucking said that shit "of course, it was in order for me to survive". WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!?!?! you motherfucking player ahahaha.

that's just hes excuse to deny what he really feels, u watch anime's to so u should be able to see when some1 is being tsunderel slightly, i do believe he is being...
Sep 29, 2014 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
"Now I'm wet!" LOLOL
Nov 19, 2014 9:08 PM
Aug 2011
This anime is trying so hard to be one of the worst anime I've watched.
Nov 30, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
Aversa said:
They skipped the sex scene!!

It was implied.
So are Saeko and Takashi a couple now? I hope so because she's my favorite character :3
Dec 18, 2014 7:23 PM
May 2014
They did lean close towards each other so the kissing is implied. But what happens after is upto the viewers imagination.
Feb 5, 2015 8:23 AM

May 2014
Aversa said:
sayian said:

what chapter in the manga was this?
Well he kisses her, or so it appears it turns dark next this it's morning.
And it seemed like Seako was positioning her skirt.
So what happened between the kiss and the morning is up to are imagination.
She did ask him if he'll take responsibility...
Mar 13, 2015 5:03 PM

Nov 2014
I have not read the manga. Just getting that out of the way right now.

I appreciate Saeko a lot more compared to the rest of the group so I am somewhat bias (Takashi and Hirano are close follow-ups) so this episode felt interesting and satisfying as we learn more about Saeko and her past. Seeing her play pretend with the rapist, all innocent until the moment she bashes his head out with a cold, yet excited and gleeful smirk. The satisfied look on her eyes displays her hidden nature on how crazed she is. So dark, yet slightly disturbing but appealing at the same time to see for her character. The episode overall, ultimately pushes her character and relationship with Takashi forward and makes her that much more unique and further adore my already favorite character throughout this series. The ending with Takashi and his last words did somewhat bother me and as other people have said, kills the romantic mood in a sense, seeing as he admits that he has to accept her in order to survive however I also have some thoughts on what Takashi could be going through.

It's possible that he accepted her since he has seen and knows who Saeko was before she revealed her hidden shadow to him as she was always reserved, strong-willed, brutally honest (follows the Bushido code), respectful and caring for the well-being of the others in the group like any sensei. As we already know, she's very talented with the sword (bokken) and reliable. These factors beforehand, all made Takashi look up to her and possibly an inspiration since he still strongly believes that she's still the same Saeko (strongest woman) to him no matter what.

I also rather think her sadist persona isn't exactly adverse either, seeing as they're in the zombie apocalypse and she can take "Them" out with no consequence. Personally, as long as it doesn't get out of hand like if she starts getting urges to start hurting her friends (which she doesn't), then it's okay. It's just how sadists are and seeing as how Takashi willingly accepts that dark persona behind her well-reserved personality on the outside, she now has a close bonding with Takashi or rather, a reason to continue on in life because of him.
Set_linMar 16, 2015 10:22 AM
Apr 23, 2015 5:36 PM

Jun 2014
"o darn theres a ton of zombies between us and the rest of group. even though we had no problem earlier plowing through them in the hummer, lets just go back to the other side of the river and spend a couple days alone there instead"

since when does getting groped = motivation for killing zombies? o well i guess it worked. after having her boob squeezed like a stress ball, saeka says "thank you, im better now"

"IM WET" -saeko. wtf....
May 25, 2015 11:05 AM
Feb 2015
This was saeko's episode. She is such a bad ass dispite her darkside. Takashi should definitly pick her over rei :3 love how her clothes were wet too xD

Well looks like saeko is falling for him and he will be the reason she can keep on going. That boob grab was something... He could have just hugged her lmao. Well they finally made it back and got someone a little jeolous hehe
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 26, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

I'm glad we got more Saeko this time around!!

Saeko is truly my favorite in the series. Cool and calm, but has a girly side :)

Plus voiced by Miyuki Swashiro is a HUGE plus :)

Lots of extragavanza moments! I actually thought she was traumatized because of the little children, but it seems someone tried to rape her and she fought back and enjoyed it instead.

Takashi probably kissed her to calm her down. I doubt they had sex since he couldn't even do it to Rei(but that was in the mansion with people), so it maybe implied they did it, but i don't know.

Eh the skirt thing. She was just fixing it. it would be more believable if Takashi has his clothes all damped or his pants very loose.

Love Saeko!! And I finally she used a katana!! Don't know why she's stuck using the wooden sword when your in a life or death situation like this.

Takagi is jealous seeing Saeko and Takashi holding hands. Rei would have gone yandere mode if she saw that :P

Can't wait for the next episode! Last 3 episodes left T__T

I don't want to end this!
Jul 29, 2015 6:19 AM

Jan 2014
Booooooring!
Aug 1, 2015 5:14 AM
Jul 2015
That was freaking awesome. BUT why do they have to SKIP the "SEX SCENE" I mean really it can be totally seen how Saeko is pregnent !!! And that Takashi Gets away after grabbing a breast of a man killer only by his love words.
Oct 31, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2010
I know I'm gonna regret this, but...uh...speaking for real here, how did Saeko get supersoaked while Takeshi's completely dry from that splash? And twice at that? I mean, I know why it happened, but...eh...It's a petty thing to be bothered by, but I suppose it's not as bad as why she's wearing heels during all this. I'm not even sure why I just noticed that. Also, Saeko breaking down at the end, and could only be snapped out of it by having her breasts groped really hard being yelled at? Well...sure. It's hard to not constantly question things, I'm just gonna let this roll or else I'm never gonna get through HOTD in one weekend.
Dec 7, 2015 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
that's what i am talking about .

Dec 17, 2015 6:37 PM
Dec 2015
I HATE THAT F*CKING REI.I want to know if she will die.I want that fucking bitch REI to die FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.He should be with SAEKO not that bitch REI
Dec 24, 2015 10:44 PM
Jan 2012
Okay, I was researching, comparing and deducing this topic of "Whether Saeko and Takashi had sex?" for 2 hours. My conclusion is that there were no sex happened in the temple.

My argument is, if they already had sex that night, they shouldn't go through the "Takashi becomes Saeko's reason to live" scene. It's true that they were very intimate in the anime scene, but the MOST that they could gone of is a KISS. Also, Saeko is also fixing her skirt the next morning in the manga scene (it's actually the belt of her katana), but there were no implications of intimacy. Therefore, using that scene as an evidence of sex happened that night is unreliable.

My theory is open for any objections and corrections.

Manga Reference:
http://www.mangareader.net/high-school-of-the-dead/17/19
http://www.mangareader.net/high-school-of-the-dead/17/20

Anime Reference:
17:20 of Episode 09.
Dec 27, 2015 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
Aversa said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They skipped the sex scene!!
Anyway great episode i really loved the way Seako handled her sword.
And with her dark personality she gained some points on attractiveness

Lol there obviously was no sex scene, oh you perverted ones these days...
Jan 19, 2016 2:41 AM
May 2015
Seriously, this anime is trying very hard to be the worst anime.
Jul 15, 2016 2:48 PM

Jan 2016
First thing first LOVE the music in this episode, really excellent sound choice, i mean it really had every thing, the ending fighting scene n about Saeko's past and about her being a sadist or wha ever ^^

Ans Seriously takashi.. Just do her! again? ( unless he just kissed her xD)
Well interesting episode , and rather amusing. Wonder what will happen next, some crazy parents from what is was in the preview xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 23, 2016 12:33 PM
Oct 2009
Takashi has feelings for Rei, but he's also developing feelings for Saeko that seem to be progressing rapidly.

And since sex was mentioned, I find it interesting that as they lean in to kiss, the screen fades to black (which has been used to imply sex), that just before they leave the next morning, as Takashi's checkin for zombies, Saeko is PUTTING HER SKIRT ON, when she was clearly wearing it the previous night before they leaned in to kiss as the screen faded to black. Hmm, now why would her skirt be off after cutting to morning after they kiss and it fades to black?That's a pretty strong implication. And Saeko also asks him to "take responsibility", which is a very commonly used phrase in anime and manga after "something" happens between two charcters.

It's also very common two people will turn to comfort sex in dangerous or stressful situations. And even though Takashi does have feelings for Rei, they're not together, and Takashi is developing feelings for Saeko too, and she for him. At this point, both girls are pretty much competeing for him, especially since their options are somewhat limited now that the world is dead.

As far as I'm concerned, even though they didn't show "anything" happening between Takashi and Saeko at the shrine (and they VERY rarely ever do in anime), I thought it implied well enough that they did in fact sleep together. The emotional moment before they leaned in to kiss before fading to black, Saeko finishing getting dressed the next morning when she was fully dressed the night before, her comment of "taking responsibility", it was pretty obvious to me what happened.

There's also a hentai manga that shows just what went on between the two at the shrine. Even though I know those mangas aren't canon, it could easily fit between the fade out and morning scene.
moviefanAug 23, 2016 12:48 PM
Dec 31, 2016 12:10 AM

May 2016
So Takashi likes making girls wet she also enjoys it xD, that sword fight scene was amusing nothing special happened except they cut the sex scene if there was any who knows.
Feb 4, 2017 6:27 AM
Oct 2015
why did saeko ask takashi if he will take responsibility? did they have sex?
Feb 6, 2017 12:12 PM

Feb 2017
3/10 worse anime evah

my heart is in pain watching this crap. But when i start an anime i finish it till the end.

well 2 more to go till im released
Jul 11, 2017 1:12 PM
Feb 2017
moviefan said:
Takashi has feelings for Rei, but he's also developing feelings for Saeko that seem to be progressing rapidly.

And since sex was mentioned, I find it interesting that as they lean in to kiss, the screen fades to black (which has been used to imply sex), that just before they leave the next morning, as Takashi's checkin for zombies, Saeko is PUTTING HER SKIRT ON, when she was clearly wearing it the previous night before they leaned in to kiss as the screen faded to black. Hmm, now why would her skirt be off after cutting to morning after they kiss and it fades to black?That's a pretty strong implication. And Saeko also asks him to "take responsibility", which is a very commonly used phrase in anime and manga after "something" happens between two charcters.

It's also very common two people will turn to comfort sex in dangerous or stressful situations. And even though Takashi does have feelings for Rei, they're not together, and Takashi is developing feelings for Saeko too, and she for him. At this point, both girls are pretty much competeing for him, especially since their options are somewhat limited now that the world is dead.

As far as I'm concerned, even though they didn't show "anything" happening between Takashi and Saeko at the shrine (and they VERY rarely ever do in anime), I thought it implied well enough that they did in fact sleep together. The emotional moment before they leaned in to kiss before fading to black, Saeko finishing getting dressed the next morning when she was fully dressed the night before, her comment of "taking responsibility", it was pretty obvious to me what happened.

There's also a hentai manga that shows just what went on between the two at the shrine. Even though I know those mangas aren't canon, it could easily fit between the fade out and morning scene.
devs already confirmed nothing happen.
Aug 3, 2017 9:37 AM

Jan 2017
Well, Saeko was a psicopat. I would take care about her, she may be dangerous.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Aug 26, 2017 10:22 AM

Jul 2017
someone please explain what that boob grab was all about? how did that motivate her? are they just throwing fanservice around for the sake of it?!
Sep 14, 2017 9:01 AM

Jun 2016
I love how Saeko can be overly cute, but such a fucking badass at the same time. Ugh. She's literally goals. I love her so much. She can be a walking fanservice, but I'll still love her and will not whine about the fanservice. Lmfao. She's so gorgeous I can't and Miyukichi's voice is really helping. KYAAAAAA!

Takashi looked so disappointed when Saeko said she likes someone. Pfffffft!

HOLY SHIT! THEY FUCKING KISSED, RIGHT? THEY HAD SEX? HAHAHAHAHA. TI THINK I SHIP TAKASHI AND SAEKO NOW. WAAAAH! I HOPE HE REALIZE THAT SAEKO >>>>>>>> REI <- A PIECE OF SHIT. WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! FUCK FUCK FUCK. I'M SCREAAAAAMING! EEEEEEEEEEEK!

"I think you're the coolest girl I've ever met!" WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! They look so good together. Haaaaalp!

"You will take responsibility, right?" What does she mean BY THAT? WHAAAAAT. I CAN'T CHILL! WAAAAAH!

THE BEST AND MY FAVORITE EPISODE FOR ME! WAAAAAH.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 1, 2018 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
Don't get me wrong, I know I shouldn't be focussing on these things, but there were two perfectly good swords in that temple, probably antiques too. TWO swords,.. and they took only one. So triggered (>.<)

Chris_Makise said:
I mean really it can be totally seen how Saeko is pregnent !!!

Cattlefeces; how in the world can you see that the bloody day after?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 15, 2018 9:48 AM

Nov 2014
Boring Sword girl continues to be boring, only this time there's no Sgt Chubbs to equalize things.

That breast grab made no sense.
Oct 15, 2018 7:26 AM
Apr 2018
They never had sex, even after all these years people never get into their heads smh.
They just kissed which is not even supposed to be there in the manga.
The studio literally rushed up the episodes and created the image for just the fan service.

Also the responsibility part was where she asks him to accept her dark side which takashi said be needs to in order to survive this world.
People still didnt understand the scene till date , even after developers and manga confirmed.
Nov 25, 2018 12:59 AM
Oct 2009
OMG, I'm going to make this very clear and very simple since people don't seem to get it:

Did Takashi and Saeko have sex?
Yes, yes, they did. We know for certain that they kissed. The fading the black afterwards is a common indicator that a sex scene happened. But what happens is the next scene is the big kicker. As Takshi and Saeko were leaving the shrine, Saeko is clearly seen in the background finishing putting her skirt on. And she was wearing her skirt the previous night. In fact, she had just out her school clothes on again after having them dried out before she told her past to Takashi, which led to the implied sex scene.

What's up with the boob grabbing?
It was Takashi's way of showing that he has a darker side to that takes pleasure in causing pain. This had been one of Saeko's biggest insecurities, that she gets off on causing pain, and she was afraid that there was something wrong with her because of it, making her feel like she was un worthy of things like love. This was why she froze when she saw the zombie children, because she was afraid of letting Takashi see her take enjoyment in slaughtering undead children. Takashi admitted that ever since the zombie apocalypse started, he too has developed a darker side. Saeko's concern over this was that he only became that way after everything happened, but she was that way before it all. He was trying to let her know that it didn't mater if it was before or after, this was how he was now, and they both needed their darkness in order to survive, which is why he tried to convince her not to fight against hers anymore. Him grabbing her breast like that was a way of showing her his darkness by taking pleasure in pain.

Was it just for survival?
This may get a little confusing because the dub botched up what Takashi said a bit. The dub has him say that he embraced Saeko's darkness because it meant it would make his chances for survival increase. The sub and the manga however, has him say that he embraced her darkness, just like he embraced everything else that was happening, because that's what they needed to do to survive. They all had to let out their inner darkness, her and him, and accept that this was just the way things were now.

Takashi x Saeko?
Despite Takashi's relationship with Rei, the series writer said that he was going to have Takashi and Saeko get together in the end, however, he didn't know how he was going to go about doing it yet, and he, sadly, died before the manga, and by extension the anime, ended. Maybe Rei des, or maybe Takashi simply chooses Saeko over her, who knows? I suspect the former as dealing with Rei's death would serve as a character development arc for Takashi. But since the manga was dropped we'll never know how they end up together, only that they do.
Jun 26, 2019 12:46 PM

Oct 2013
Am I blind or did we had a sex scene skipped? :( Ehh, I guess that's "the beauty of censorship"...

Saeko is way better girl for Takashi than Reo in my opinion.

LMAO that encouragement.through rough groping of a tit was not necessary. xD

Alice and Zeke were too loud. I know they were happy to see Takashi and Saeko return alive and safe, but it ain't the old world anymore so reactions must change as well.
Jul 30, 2019 9:20 AM

Feb 2019
Komuro out here getting all the girls xD
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Nov 19, 2019 12:36 AM

Mar 2018
Sexual Sadism was of course what she had, because that's totally not overdone in edgy anime. And the main character doesn't realize she should get help, he just fucking accepts it, because potentially dangerous mental illnesses should be welcomed with loving arms, of course.

This show...
Feb 19, 2020 12:45 PM

Jan 2016
Takashi and Saeko best duo imo.. Fuck Rei.

Also they 100% fuqqed
May 6, 2020 8:27 AM
Feb 2016
This anime is so laughably bad. Worst episode yet.
Jun 11, 2020 3:16 PM
Feb 2020
Theres a very well known PG rated movie, It's a movie for people of all ages. A character towards the end of the film sees another character do something and says... x did that on purpose.

Saeko (from her own words) we know can act scared and nervous when she is actually as calm as ice. That scene, outside the temple. Great Acting Saeko.

Takashi and Saeko are both as bad as one another in how they manipulated and attempted to manipulated one another this episode.

Re: Saeko's Crush:

Takagi called Saeko out on it back on the bus and She outed herself when she said the only person she gives af over in Japan is Takashi. And she outed herself again in the tank truck when she was drooling with her head in Takashi's lap.

In this ep. By the end of the ep it's super obvious who her crush is. And the scene in the morning was to get him to 'save her' and he did so with the 'bedroom voice' she requested earlier in the episode at the little island and by *cough* holding her.

If you remember the scene back at the apartment when she was in the kitchen she said to Takashi, some times a girl will put on an act to draw a guy in (or something like that).

Btw it was obvious as early as episode 1 or 2 Saeko is dark and gets off on violence.

Q. Why were the zombies shuffling up to the door of that place but not yet close to the door of that place when a sleepy looking Takagi opened the door?

A. Because Saeko went outside before Takagi to make some noise.

We didn't see any animals or running machinery or birds circling or hear them chirping.

Also. The man she led into the alley and beat to death. Her father would have known, because he trained her, that she put on an act for the man and she put on an act for the police.

Saeko mentions her father is distant from her. He is at his Dojo. It's not hard to see why a Master Samurai or Master Ninja would be unhappy with his child using the techniques handed down to her to bring the attention of the police to their family.
Oct 7, 2020 9:48 PM
Apr 2020
Fang-tan said:
I really didn't want to end up with Saeko so I didn't enjoy this episode this much. Especially since it revealed things about Saeko I liked and then things I didn't.

You know what's probably the worst? Even thought they had this episode he'll still end up with Rei.

Well, that's good for me because I want them to but not for Saeko fans I guess.
We have the same thought.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 25, 2010

404 by DarkXion »»
Mar 16, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.