MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shiki Episode 8 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shiki »» Shiki Episode 8 Discussion

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Shiki Episode 8 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

156 73.24%
4 out of 5: Liked it

46 21.60%
3 out of 5: It was OK

9 4.23%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.47%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.47%
Voters: 213

08-26-10, 8:46 PM

They probably didn't carry the body to the doctor because... then they'd be going across town with a corpse. Kind of hard to explain away, no? Also, going to adults and saying "Hey, so we found this vampire..." is going to make them sound crazy. They don't know the doctor is thinking the same thing as them anyway. It's not surprising Megumi wasn't in the grave as a trick, either. Her lack of decomposition wouldn't exactly put anyone's concerns to rest. The best bet would try to get an adult to join them in on some grave-digging, but obviously that'd be kind of a touchy subject.

All in all I really enjoyed the episode as I do the series itself. As soon as this is on DVD I'm buying it. I love the way things are progressing, the pacing is so perfect and the show so good and interesting. I'm always left excited for the next ep. With this episode the only thing I didn't like was the little vampire kid with the puppet, that was damn obnoxious although her red eyes and evil looks kind of made up for it.

Can't wait for the next episode!

By the way, not an invitation for any spoilers, but I see Shiki was a novel that's being adapted as an ongoing manga. So is the anime based on an incomplete manga or what? I'm just wondering if there's a complete story or if it's still ongoing.
Modified by Teufel, 08-26-10, 8:50 PM

08-26-10, 9:01 PM

Teufel said:

By the way, not an invitation for any spoilers, but I see Shiki was a novel that's being adapted as an ongoing manga. So is the anime based on an incomplete manga or what? I'm just wondering if there's a complete story or if it's still ongoing.

The novel is already finished and the manga is based on it (tho there are many differences :/), the anime is solely based on the manga (even the way things are happening... I really want to know how they will do the next episodes since most of the stuff thats going to happen will happen at the same time with lots of flashbacks). The manga is still not completed I think, so if they aren't planning on doing a second season or leaving an open ending, then I think they will follow the novel at some point (an original ending would just suck).

08-26-10, 9:16 PM

Teufel said:

Shiki manga is based from the novel that I heard is already completed. Manga is more focusing on Natsuno/Megumi/Sunako but also retain Toshio & Muroi main role from the novel.

This was a great episode nonetheless, the kids are aware that they are facing the vampires but not rush things out as they still doesn't know how many of them. They should quickly meet up with Toshio & Muroi as they also getting the hunch about vampires is behind all of this and teamed up against them. I bet Muroi can provide them some kickass mantra :D

Also, I can't help that I see a big red flag to the Natsuno parent after seeing this shot:

08-26-10, 9:23 PM

This was definitely the best episode to date i am really looking forward to next week i am glad that natsuno is a strong decisive character!

08-26-10, 9:43 PM

VillettaIchihara said:
Natsuno's parents are SO fucking stupid!! There is NO WAY in hell that I would let a child with an aggressive and bad attitude into my house!! I'd tell her to come back in the morning and then slam the door in her face. I hope that little bitch eats both of them for being so damn clueless!!!

LOL I was thinking the same thing, specially the mom... isnt she stupid or what??
Reminder to myself: never let in a little creepy girl into my house, wait...I dont think I need to remember that bc I am not stupid enough to let a psycho little girl who looks like a damn black eye kid get into my house.

08-26-10, 10:03 PM

This is just getting better and better.

And you are all so heartless... saying you won't let a cute little girl in your house when it's dark outside and she is far from home... what if she gets lost?

>_>

08-26-10, 10:56 PM

What if we allowed a persistent creepy girl who keeps asking to go in saying no because she is that creepy?

That girl in the end, SHE'S TOO FREAKY!!!

Anyhow, 4.9/5.

08-26-10, 11:08 PM

damn, the father sensed something....but the wife says let the creepy child in...O_O shes just a little girl with a doll how dangerous can she be???

How your brother is coming???
....sure why not the more the merry her

XD

08-26-10, 11:57 PM

wellll...fuuuuck....

That was intense; the last few minutes I was squirming in my seat saying: "Don't let her in! Don't Let her in!! Ride your bike FASTER Natsuno!"

Excellent episode, but I don't want to wait another week for an episode!!

08-27-10, 12:10 AM

Well, this episode was something else. And not even one bit like I expected.

And what I expected? That Tatsumi would take care of Megumi's grave so that Natsuno and others wouldn't find the empty coffin. Or that Tatsumi would be the one who attacks them in the forest.

And the girl? She was everything but cute. I wouldn't let her inside even if others insisted. That sequence really scared me out. Thank God I watched it in the morning.

Anyway, the ep gets 5 out of 5 from me. As always.

08-27-10, 12:11 AM

Looking forward to the next episode.

By the way, have we received any indications concerning the abilities of the okiagari? I know in this episode Natsuno, Kaori, and Akira had a minor discussion that kind of touched upon the topic (and then they decided to leave the body out in the open, marvelous job!).

Thus far we know they behave mostly like vampires in how they

• sleep during the day,
  • hunt their prey at night,
  • require blood to survive,
  • shun the sunlight to live,
  • are physically durable against things that would kill normal humans
  • require an invitation and all that other jazz.

But can they utilize other properties? Are they imbued with enhanced physical strength or any other types of advantages?
IIRC Natsuno seemed paralyzed when Megumi visited Tohru's house, so I had mused that they had some sort of ability that hinders movement. However, after watching Natsuno shovel that punk down, I believe that he was just tied down by fear in the former and demonstrated his badassery in the latter.

I have not read the novel or the manga, so I am just curious. If the okiagari are gifted with such powers, maybe it is possible that Natsuno will outdo the child and live (unlikely, but meh :<).

EDIT: oh, wait. He is screwed. At best, the teams will be Natsuno and two parents who lack common sense vs two okiagari.
Modified by Relict, 08-27-10, 12:17 AM

08-27-10, 12:15 AM

Oh, man! The little girl is freaky!
So looking forward to the next episode!

08-27-10, 2:03 AM

Natsuno you rock ! ... but your parents....s*ck .

08-27-10, 2:16 AM

Damn this is getting interesting... And Natsuno's parents must be retarded to let that thing into their house... I mean, she obviously wasn't just a cute little girl with a doll. I hope Natsuno will be OK.
Best ep so far, 5/5.

08-27-10, 2:19 AM

An awesome episode! Shiki is surely one of the best series this season.
I'm so excited to see the new one already. My favorite part of the manga will most likely start, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Shizuka sure is creepy, but like somebody else said before, she would have been scarier with the orginal fair hair she had in the manga. Not that she wasn't now. Who would invite such a girl in his home that easy? Natsuno's mother is an idiot. Or just too nice. Either way, it's bad for her and her family's life.
I liked the way they showed Natsuno's fear when he hit the shiki. Taking one's life is not a good expirience. He didn't actually kill him, (since he was already dead) but even so... If my ordinary life suddenly turned into a horror movie... I can't imagine in what shock I'll be. His reaction was very realistic, that's what I'm trying to say.
We didn't see neither Megumi nor Tatsumi, so I hope that we'll next week. Both of them are really interesting.
I'm wondering too if they will follow the novel or just create a new ending. I'm certainly for the first.

08-27-10, 2:19 AM

That little girl was so annoying, she needed a good sparta kick.

08-27-10, 2:40 AM

Getting better and better each episode.....i love it.
My heart almost stopped in the last few minutes with that creepy kid.....>.<

08-27-10, 3:48 AM

great episode one of the best so far.

08-27-10, 6:26 AM

The four first episodes weren´t that good, but now it just keeps getting better and better !

And... I fucking HATE this little girl that appeared at the end of episode 8 =__= She´s fucking annoying

08-27-10, 6:59 AM

People are starting to hate the little girl more than they hate Masao XD

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices