MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Gunslinger Girl Season 3?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Gunslinger Girl »» Gunslinger Girl Season 3?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
08-25-10, 4:43 PM

I say bring it on! I think this show has such a great storyline that really needs to be explored further, it's a great series. Let's all cross our fingers! With that being said, what are your hopes for a Season 3 of Gunslinger Girl?

To be honest, I actually really liked some things about Season 2 but I would've much rathered it had been done with the same company/atmosphere of Season 1. But since Season 2 was made that way, assuming it's probably too late to go back, I personally hope that ANOTHER new company takes season 3 and put their own spin on it as well. What do you think? It'd be odd to go back to the atmosphere of S1 so maybe they should just keep this trend going? Anyways, all I care about is the continuation of the storyline really. What are your guys' thoughts?

04-04-11, 11:03 PM

FantasyMayDie said:
I say bring it on! I think this show has such a great storyline that really needs to be explored further, it's a great series. Let's all cross our fingers! With that being said, what are your hopes for a Season 3 of Gunslinger Girl?

To be honest, I actually really liked some things about Season 2 but I would've much rathered it had been done with the same company/atmosphere of Season 1. But since Season 2 was made that way, assuming it's probably too late to go back, I personally hope that ANOTHER new company takes season 3 and put their own spin on it as well. What do you think? It'd be odd to go back to the atmosphere of S1 so maybe they should just keep this trend going? Anyways, all I care about is the continuation of the storyline really. What are your guys' thoughts?

i know this is an old post but ill speak my thoughts anyway... i do agree with you even to this year (2011) i really loved that series season one and 2 were awsome. i am still looking for that melody at the end of eposode 8 i know its called scarborough fair but i watched this in both english dub and sub and i enjoyed the english dub melody better and im looking to where i can find that song..... but yes i say make a third season as soon as possable i am dieing to know what happends next. its such a good anime i just cant seem ot get enough so i also say bring it on!

04-10-11, 9:32 AM

+1 vote for GSG season 3 :)

I enjoyed season 2 more... heard its alot closer to the manga unlike the first season? and also 2nd because was more upbeat too! love the girls personalities better too in it.. dont like depressing stuff like the first...

sparky try gendou.com for your anime music.. great site just have to sign up.. should have it!
Modified by Benisuzume, 04-10-11, 9:39 AM

06-22-11, 2:49 AM

+1 for necroing dead threads!

Anyhow, a 3rd GSG season is unlikely - they screwed up on production quality for the second season - it wasn't "bad" per say, just a significant drop from the well-done first season, and that's killed the GSG anime route.

06-24-12, 1:41 AM

Personally I couldn't even watch season 2, I loved everything about season 1 too much: the art style, the way of telling the story, the music, the coloring, just everything about it was amazing, yeah sure it was depressing, but a anime with this sort of plot almost requires it to be that way.

I got as far as 2 minutes of the second episode of season 2 and I had to quit because I was pretty disgusted. All the important features of the anime had be striped apart and was rebuilt to some really unfitting foundations. It's like taking Gantz and then giving that series to the animators that make Lucky Star, it just leaves you feeling pretty unfulfilled and betrayed. The focus was shifted and the dialogue wasn't up to par, I was just creating a list of problems in my head as I was watching. I will maybe give it another shot later this week, but just finishing season 1 and then diving into season 2, it was pretty shocking to have to experience dramatic changes like that and having the rug pulled out from under me like that.

I would hope that they get another animation team to work on season 3, one very similar 2 preferably and we can all just treat season 2 as filler or something. We all make mistakes but I can't begin forgive if they don't work to correct the problem they've created. These are just my thoughts and opinions on the subject. I would really like to see season three if it does come out.

10-24-12, 6:50 AM

Unless Madhouse Studios is involved, I do not ever want to see another season of Gunslinger Girl. The second season was terrible and a huge disappointment. I'm a bit surprised anyone would want another season after the atrocity of the second season.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices