Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2010 8:01 PM

Jul 2006
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Spoilers have probably been out for a while.

All I gotta say is HOLY FRIGGIN SHIT!

It seems like Mihawk may train Zoro, and that Rayleigh may train Luffy.

Also, I am not sure about this other translation, but.....

This is the worst time to take a 4 week break.

Aug 24, 2010 8:28 PM
Mar 2010
I found a link to the spoiler

http://www.onepiece-mangas.com/neueste-one-piece-spoiler-f1/one-piece-manga-597-spoiler-pics-t2492.htm

It's what we've all been waiting for!!
Aug 24, 2010 9:49 PM
Mar 2009
finally understand the message luffy gave 3d2y which is 3 days not to meet up but meet up in 2 years at Sabaody Archipelago. cant wait to see how much will change ...oda deserves the break.... cant wait till it comes to see how all the strawhat pirates mature and get stronger ..... Awesome chapter
sebgAug 24, 2010 9:53 PM
Aug 24, 2010 10:14 PM

Jul 2006
So it really is 2 years?

This is why I never EVER try to predict what happens. I was a very adamant when I said the time skip will be no more than a few months. Tho.... I don't think anyone would have imagined it being 2 years.

I don't know if I should be mad or not. A lot could happen in that time. I just don't see how Kidd and the others dont make it to One Piece.

I guess it's good in some ways. We will know EVERYTHING that happened right away. New admiral, new fleet admiral, shichibukai, yonkou, etc...... when the time skip is up. I wonder if this means the One Piece anime will take the smae approach the Naruto anime went. Once this is over a new series called "One Piece: New World" will be made. Makes a lot of sense.

Aug 24, 2010 10:27 PM
Mar 2009
Yeh it is 2 years but yeh a lot of info probably be told in the first few chapters yeh i believe that will happen one piece anime may end at 500 then one piece - new world may start a few weeks later but that is just a guess
Aug 25, 2010 12:38 AM

Sep 2007
Yes ... It's a basical ellipse thing with 2 years of training.
Yes, not so original ... ^^'
But in two years, Hancock can live with her love and have a baby ! O_O
Aug 25, 2010 6:21 AM

Dec 2007
2 years of haki training? sounds really good.. so the haki thingy has finally been elaborated in detail pretty interesting stuff. jinbei won't be joining their crew afterall and zoro would be training under mihawk? =.= didnt see that coming 3d2y awesome stuff and finally 4 weeks breakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....... ARGHHHH
Aug 25, 2010 10:01 AM

Mar 2009
awesome chapter, so i guess this is why they showed everyone in the last few chapters so it sets all the characters up for a 2 year time skip. cant wait to see how all the characters have changed especially franky because he's literally going to update his body.

so glad we got the explaination of haki as well, and im sorta glad we probably arent going to see the training they all do, pretty much certain chapter 600 will be the reunion episode now :), the 4 week break is going to kill me though
Aug 25, 2010 1:31 PM

May 2008
yeah, i think next 2 chapters will be about crew kicking some ass while traveling to Shabondy and 600 will be reunion
zero_sulsAug 25, 2010 3:06 PM
Aug 25, 2010 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
Man talk about a writer who cares for his readers! Before the long break he finally explained what Haki is. A great build up for the time skip which will come in 2 years (so I hope some of them won't get changed that much).

Luffy's training has began and I'm really glad that it isn't in a dimension where you can get 2 years worth training in 2 hours!

Go ODA! Go Strawhats! Go One Piece! Hoping that the series will be way more awesome when it resumes
Aug 25, 2010 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
ShiroiRyu said:

But in two years, Hancock can live with her love and have a baby ! O_O

Who knows it will be the Baby who joins the crew next :P
Aug 25, 2010 4:53 PM

Jun 2010
So yea, all the cards have been laid out, they are all committed to becoming stronger within 2 years to meet, Luffy will get to learn his haki, Jinbei will return.

It makes sense for One Piece to do this, theres never been any training, so just informing us and then breaking to build anticipation and getting the feeling of waiting to the readers is pretty original, only Oda could do this.

But yea, in 1 month its gonna be direct reunion, maybe not right away but finally they will begin moving and since its been so long since theyve been together that all I can ask. Still next one is 598, I wonder if he can get them all together and have everything at least somewhat synced by 600, that would be special.
SkyFadeAug 25, 2010 4:58 PM
Aug 25, 2010 4:53 PM

Jun 2007
Good chapter, nice to get some information about Haki. Timeskip should be interesting as well. I'm really excited about things to come!
The only thing I didn't like was Zoro training under Mihawk. Sure it makes sense I guess, but still. It's a cliché and I just don't think it suits Zoro.

But man it's gonna be a tough 4 months ;_;
Aug 25, 2010 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
Luffy, Sanji, Zoro needed training. There's a limit to how far one can reach on his own.

People might find it weird that Zoro is going to training under his future rival, but like Mihwak said, the fact that Zoro ashamed his dream for the sake of Luffy's, It makes Zoro damn cool
Aug 25, 2010 5:01 PM

Jan 2009
SkyFade said:

But yea, in 1 month its gonna be direct reunion, maybe not right away but finally they will begin moving and since its been so long since theyve been together that all I can ask. Still next one is 598, I wonder if he can get them all together and have everything at least somewhat synced by 600, that would be special.

I'm assuming Oda will save the reunion for the 600th chapter. Probably next two chapters will either be about what happened in the world of One Piece in these last two years or the crew slowly coming back together.

Also freaking awesome chapter. Good to see an explanation of what Haki is.
Aug 25, 2010 5:02 PM

Feb 2008
I expected the time skip but still im frickin pumped up for the reunion
Aug 25, 2010 5:03 PM

Jun 2008
omfg, that was it, it's all out on the table now, everything. timeskip, the three colors of Haki, this chapter had me tearing up at it's revelations and the thot that they're all gonna work so hard for two whole years just for Luffy. i love this manga.

edit: and good lord, i'm imagining that epic part in DB wen Goku shows up all grown up, you KNOW Oda's gonna try and top that scene!!!
Aug 25, 2010 5:08 PM

Jul 2008
2 years skip coming up soon or something, will have to wait 4 weeks =(
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 25, 2010 5:09 PM
Jun 2007
Fucking brilliant. As much as I'm dismayed by the break, this chapter was a perfect "closure" to the first half of One Piece. Zoro's panel-time being set aside for this chapter made it really special; him putting his pride beneath Luffy's ambition shows that he's the First Mate of the Strawhats in all but name (though seeing Mihawk laugh like that was bizarre).
Aug 25, 2010 5:10 PM
Sep 2007
I can wait, in four weeks, One piece will start its next chapter of more super awesomeness.
KamapuaaAug 25, 2010 5:14 PM
Hi
Aug 25, 2010 5:11 PM

Jun 2010
burntlettuce said:

I'm assuming Oda will save the reunion for the 600th chapter. Probably next two chapters will either be about what happened in the world of One Piece in these last two years or the crew slowly coming back together.

Also freaking awesome chapter. Good to see an explanation of what Haki is.

Actually true, I wonder if right away or soon after the return, we will be at least hinted at the developments of the One Piece world within 2 years, such as the state of the other Supernovas, the remainder of the Whitebeard Pirates, that bum Blackbeard and so on, that would make it even more interesting.

Plus seeing as how it is 2 years, I wonder on appearance who will be the most changed, nothing major but still, those subtle differences, looking forward to that as well, maybe a taller Chopper, muscular Usopp, or even a Sanji with slightly longer hair.
Aug 25, 2010 5:13 PM

May 2010
This chapter is why One Piece beats the other two it's just awesome, great build up and explanations but i dont think i can wait 4 weeks....
*****************************************************************************************************************
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back relax and let life wonder how you did it. XD
*****************************************************************************************************************
Aug 25, 2010 5:17 PM

Oct 2008
this chapter is too important not to comment on. especially since one piece wont be out for 4 weeks now..

Luffy putting down the hat and taking his vacation from being a pirate was by far the best way to end the first half of one piece.
Aug 25, 2010 5:22 PM

Oct 2007
man 2 years.... and furthermore 4 week break ;-;
Luffy's training has began and I'm really glad that it isn't in a dimension where you can get 2 years worth training in 2 hours!

Yeah thank god... but i guess it is technically like that, in 1 month (our time) luffy will have 2 years training xD

about the haki, we pretty much just got confirmed everything we had already guessed, including that mantra was haki. seems a little overpowered that one person can learn more than one color, but i kinda doubt luffy is gonna somehow come away from this with full mastery of all 3. the prediction one doesnt really seem to suit him. Also I've had my fill of "trained, older hero arrives, scans the battlegrounds to sense his allies presence, etc etc *coughbleachcough*" lol. Also i kinda hope we never have to see a fight between two sensing haki users, with 30 minutes of: "oh, hes going to attack like this, ill counter like this, but he'll sense that and do this instead, but i'll sense that so ill actually do this" x 9001 times.

I was slightly dissapointed in zoro getting training from mihawk, but really if anyones gonna teach zoro at this point, it needs to be the best. 2 years of bandaging him up, poor perona xD mabye something will come of them after all?

Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if sanji gets a shot of female hormones while training ~.~ but will training from ivankov really be enough? ivan couldnt even stand up to magellan, so sanji is gonna have to surpass him and learn haki somehow as well, which i assume ivan knows since he was actually able to wound magellan just a little bit.

really looking forward to what upgrades franky can manage in 2 years, i swear to god there better be BEAAAAMMMMSS!! so him and kuma can have IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZERRR battles.

chopper we know hes gonna master monster form, or perhaps make a new version of it..

nami will come back with all sorts of weather godhax, but probably still be super lazy to use them until she has to fight. mabye we'll see nami with long hair? o.o;

ussop will come back looking megabeefy, toting a slingshot as big as franky's pillar-chucks from thriller bark.

robin's powerup will be some big surprise since they havnt really alluded to how shes gonna power up aside from gaining new knowledge from dragon..

and finally brooke... my guess is that apoo realizes its too early for the new world for him too and comes back to his island and meets brooke, teaches him some cool new musical weapon stuff that brooke improves upon vastly since he can already play every instrument there is. mabye his afro will get bigger.
ShikenAug 25, 2010 5:27 PM
Aug 25, 2010 5:29 PM

Sep 2008
Needs more Hancock.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2010 5:30 PM

May 2007
Personally, I didn't find out of character for Zoro to put, not only Luffy's, but the crew's interests before his own, he's been like that for quite some time now. And the fact that his master will be Mihawk only makes it more awesome.

The haki explanation pretty much confirmed what has been almost common-knowledge for quite some time, but it was needed.

Lastly, that final scene of Luffy's hat was the perfect way to wrap up the first act of the manga. Hopefully Oda won't lose his mojo, and One Piece will keep on getting better and better.

September will be a long month...
Aug 25, 2010 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
What an EPIC Chapter, did not see the 2 year training, *The crew's separation is soooo long now =(....*
Zoro asking for training from Mihawk is just awesome and we get the long awaited Haki Explanation. xD
This epic upon epicness chapter will be the last for 4 weeks now though =( can't wait till the return...xD
Aug 25, 2010 5:45 PM

Jan 2009
OMG! And I'm not one to say "omg". I know I'm not gay, but please Oda, marry me?

My god, this thing was pure epic. One Piece is by far the best anime/manga ever. Zoro was awesome. The explanation of Haki was awesome, saying it's the same as mantra is awesome and the timeskip of 2 years is awesome.

I was talking with my mate today, I said I was hoping for a timeskip "of about 2 years" =D

Holy fuck yes!
Aug 25, 2010 5:45 PM

Nov 2009
soooo epic i cant wait to see what comes next. i think the idea of one piece having a second part anime like naruto is very intriguing and quite plausible. we probably wont see it for like a year tho...

i cant believe it will be two years since they see each other again and i really want to see some difference in usopp. jesus please. and just because im curious now. does anyone know how long its been since luffy set off from fuusha village until now? shouldnt it have been quite a while considering everything they did?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2010 5:52 PM

Jul 2006
Boa better be pregnant by the time the 2 years are up.

It's great we finally got a full explanation of Haki too.

My guess for the next two chapters are: we get to see who the next fleet admiral and admiral are. Who replaces Whitebeard as a yonkou. And the new shichibukai(if it still exists)

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say Kobi becomes the next admiral. I'm only saying this because the time skip is SUPER long. Since Garp will most likely train him, he will probably become SUPAH strong by then.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a supernova become a shichibukai. Maybe even 2 of them. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd even though Marco and Blackbeard may have been the front runners for a yonkou, I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Kidd goes nuts in the New World and gains fame.

A lot can happen in the next 2 years.

Now I go in a deep sleep and wake up 4 weeks from now.

Aug 25, 2010 6:01 PM

Jan 2009
WHAT HAPPENS TO BUGGY? Man I can't wait!
Aug 25, 2010 6:03 PM

May 2007
JusticeHart said:
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say Kobi becomes the next admiral. I'm only saying this because the time skip is SUPER long. Since Garp will most likely train him, he will probably become SUPAH strong by then.

Don't know about that. As much as Coby showed a major growth in power in such a short time, he was still way behind Luffy as of Water 7. Also, Garp can't be that much better at teaching than Rayleigh, and I don't see Luffy being admiral level after the time-skip, specially after the war showed how far Luffy is from the top.
Aug 25, 2010 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
Zoro getting trained by Mihawk. Now that's something unbelievable.
And we also get to know about the different kinds of haki. Well enough about that, the awesomeness is going to start in the next chapter!!

One Piece having a break of 4 weeks has left me in despair... Seriously, that's TOO LONG!!! But I guess the wait is going to be worth it.
This is a signature.
Aug 25, 2010 6:15 PM

Jul 2006
Luffy went from beating Buggy to Rob Lucci in less than a year. The difference in power between those two is ridiculous. Kobi may be no Luffy, but he has one of the strongest marines training him. If Kobi is dedicated to becoming stronger, then I can easily see something play out between Garp and him that is similar to what just happened in this chapter. And it's his dream to become an admiral. It's almost guaranteed that he will become an admiral by the time the series is over. And out of all of the vice admirals, no one really comes out as Admiral worthy.

Aug 25, 2010 6:17 PM

Feb 2008
a four week break, a time skip, and lots and lots of waiting. damn its going to be a long four weeks.

poor hank. she is going to die of love sickness if she doesn't get to see him. why did rei say that no women were allowed on the island? that was rather curious...rather than say no one is allowed. oh well.

btw...there is no reason to believe that luffy and hank aren't together.....maybe they "did" it.... would make things VERY interesting.
Aug 25, 2010 6:26 PM

May 2007
JusticeHart said:
Luffy went from beating Buggy to Rob Lucci in less than a year. The difference in power between those two is ridiculous. Kobi may be no Luffy, but he has one of the strongest marines training him. If Kobi is dedicated to becoming stronger, then I can easily see something play out between Garp and him that is similar to what just happened in this chapter. And it's his dream to become an admiral. It's almost guaranteed that he will become an admiral by the time the series is over. And out of all of the vice admirals, no one really comes out as Admiral worthy.

Agreed that Coby will be at least admiral-level by the end of the series. And that is exactly why I don't think he'll be one after the time-skip, since the story in only half-way through.

On a side note, I'm not even sure if we will get a new admiral (assuming one of them gets promoted). We've been introduced to the 3-admiral thing and took it as a pattern, but maybe the marines just gives the title to those that are truly worth it, independently if there are none or a million people that fit.
Aug 25, 2010 6:29 PM

Aug 2008
I can live with the hiatus and the training form the eventual payoff. Plus I'm greatly looking forward to seeing how the landscape has progressed and changed over that period.

Also, how long have we waited to see Fishman Island?! Holy crap, this is the most delayed arrival I can remember. This place better be f*cking awesome(which I'm sure it is)!

edit: getting lazy, forgot to upload my pic again.
DonKangolJonesAug 27, 2010 12:29 PM
Aug 25, 2010 6:30 PM
Oct 2007
I was disappointed to hear about the 4 week break earlier~
I welcomed the time skip for training. I glad it's only going to be a 2 year skip~

All, I wanted before the break was an EPIC chapter.. Oda delivered, I will wait for the next.

/bow
Aug 25, 2010 6:35 PM

Aug 2010
This chapter is exactly why I love One Piece. Oda cares about his readers and answers a bunch of build up questions and really rounds off the first half of One Piece in a perfect manner. This time skip devoted just to training is exactly what the series needed. They've all gotten much stronger over the course of the series, but they've never had a period devoted to just training.

As for the Zoro situation, I think it works out great and really fits what his character has developed into during the first half of the Grand Line. It was unexpected, but works out right.

The four weeks will be hard, but it'll definitely be worth the wait. I'm interested to see how these last 3 chapters till 600 will play out.
Aug 25, 2010 6:49 PM
Sep 2008
good time to re-read one piece from the beginning.
Aug 25, 2010 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
well the first half of One Piece is over. I'm actually happy that Zoro is getting trained by Mihawk and he's finally getting the rest he deserves after 500+ chaps. It gives him a lot of time to finally heal and be in top form. I wonder if he will develop haki then it"ll give another Strawhat a fighting chance against a logia user besides Luffy. I have no idea what I'm going to do for four weeks. I have no other great manga that comes close to OP to read to pacify me during this break.

Aug 25, 2010 6:59 PM

Jul 2010
Dammit, just when I caught up to one piece it goes on a 4 week break. Luck is never on my side. I can't wait to see what everyone will look like, how much their strenght will improve, and how immature all of them will still be.

click my dragons, or don't either way I'll get something cool 8-)
Aug 25, 2010 7:01 PM

Oct 2007
I don't know if my body is ready for this next chapter of One Piece. Oda has got something freaking huuuuuuuuuuge planned for next month. I can only imagine this next month is for research and a bit of socializing but then come back with a bang! I'm going to re-read One Piece so that my body may be ready.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Aug 25, 2010 7:23 PM

Apr 2008
I'm wondering if when One Piece returns in september it will have some sort of special treatment. cover of jump and a double length chapter maybe? one could only hope.
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Aug 25, 2010 7:45 PM

Jul 2009
4 weeks!!! I can't wait that long. Want to see how bad ass the crew will be with 2 years of training. Oda FTW!!!
Aug 25, 2010 7:47 PM

Jul 2008
we may get to see sanji's right eye in 1 month. *Xfiles suspense music*

Aug 25, 2010 7:51 PM

Nov 2008
WereMaiChzBurger said:
well the first half of One Piece is over. I'm actually happy that Zoro is getting trained by Mihawk and he's finally getting the rest he deserves after 500+ chaps. It gives him a lot of time to finally heal and be in top form. I wonder if he will develop haki then it"ll give another Strawhat a fighting chance against a logia user besides Luffy. I have no idea what I'm going to do for four weeks. I have no other great manga that comes close to OP to read to pacify me during this break.

you could re-read one piece or fma lol

this was epic.....i saw the time skip coming but whenever i mentioned someone would say "it wont happen!!" lol xD
Aug 25, 2010 7:52 PM

Aug 2007
Epic. Can't wait.
Aug 25, 2010 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
mulderman said:
But man it's gonna be a tough 4 months ;_;

you mean 4 weeks lol
Aug 25, 2010 8:19 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Four week wait. I can wait, and OP is gonna be better.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

3 by thebrentinator24 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.