Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2010 6:18 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The Anima closed up and sucked back all the magic into Earthland, along with magic users. Natsu and Mistogun finish their fight and the people now believe and follow their new king.

Great ending to this arc, can't wait to see what next!
Aug 24, 2010 6:58 PM

May 2010
Really liked this chapter, at least we know gazille will get his cat seeing as lily went back to earthland too =D. Wonder what will happen next...
*****************************************************************************************************************
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back relax and let life wonder how you did it. XD
*****************************************************************************************************************
Aug 24, 2010 7:13 PM

Aug 2009
the arc is finally over!
Aug 24, 2010 8:22 PM
Sep 2007
3/4 It was a ok arc, lets hope the next arc blows us out of the water, but with what I have seen so far, he starts his arcs out awesome then it slows down a lot.
Hi
Aug 24, 2010 8:36 PM

Jan 2008
Wasn't too bad an arc, but it almost feels like a cop-out kind of ending. I can only imagine what the next arc will be.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 24, 2010 10:06 PM

Feb 2010
I'm really interested in what having the Exceed in the normal world will mean. They seem to know something about the dragon slayers.

Also, we're approaching Chapter 200. Since they obviously aren't ending the arc on that chapter, it looks like we may be getting a big plot point in that chapter. Here's hoping.
Aug 24, 2010 10:36 PM

May 2010
well gizelle's wish of having a cat i think will finally come true lol
Aug 24, 2010 10:39 PM

Jul 2008
arc is over, natsu didn't really pull any punches it was an actual fist fight, and gazille will now get a partner in all likely hood in lily
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 25, 2010 12:10 AM
Aug 2010
Mistgun is the best!!!! Mashima, I hate you! ¬______¬
Aug 25, 2010 12:18 AM

Sep 2007
You look in the cover ?
We don't saw Lisanna...
She can go in the normal world ? **
But i loved the end ... And Gazille will have his cat.
Aug 25, 2010 12:19 AM

Jan 2010
i hope the next arc will have something to do with the big dark guilds or a dragon.
This arc wasn't too bad but it wasn't too exciting either.
Aug 25, 2010 2:32 AM

Apr 2009
Mediocre, clicheed ending for an mediocre, clicheed arc.

Sigh, Mashima wasted SO MUCH potential this arc, just like the ones before.

Arc gets 2/5.
This chapter 3/5.

You better do something good next time, Mashima.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 25, 2010 4:05 AM

Apr 2009
indeed mediocre arc... GLAD its ended now..

lets how we'll see some Dragon stuff soon
Aug 25, 2010 4:51 AM

Feb 2009
So what, Mystogan doesn't have any magical power in him so he wasn't sucked in the Anima too? I assume his powers are in his staves. Sad to lose a powerful wizard on FT.

As for the entire arc, it was ok. Not a great arc but it's not bad either. Let's see what's up next. I assume we'll get a breather chapter with everyone landing on top of each other when they get to Earth and some laughs from Natsu and Gajeel. And will their guild be fixed or is it destroyed? And what of the Exceed? Hope we tackle the issue of Gildartz and the black dragon in the next arc.
Aug 25, 2010 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
Finally it has ended. This arc really sucked ass! I hope the next one is better and we can move to the real plot
Aug 25, 2010 6:39 AM

Aug 2009
is natsu the strongest member in fairy tail now lol?
Aug 25, 2010 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Gol_D_Lex said:

Not at all. At most he'll be 3rd or 4th
Aug 25, 2010 6:53 AM

Mar 2010
Well.....at least Gazille's got a lot of cat's to chose from now XD

An alright arc, but not one of the best. Hope the next one's got more in store.
Aug 25, 2010 7:05 AM
Mar 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

The world as Edoras knew it has ended. Instead of getting eternal magic, they've lost all magic. The floating islands are now just fallen piles of rumble, and everything about their cities that relied upon magic no longer functions.

The Exceed have lost everything but their lives. Illusions of godhood destroyed, their homeland and city lies shattered upon the ground, and they've been forever banished to another world with naught but the clothes on their back. The only advocates they'll have in the kingdom they'll land in is people they tried to kill.

Wendy's after wanting to meet her Gerard for years, Wendy didn't even get the chance for a proper reunion with him, and now she's lost her Gerard forever without each properly being able to say goodbye.

I'm curious as to exactly what cliche this falls into.
Aug 25, 2010 8:08 AM

Dec 2009
GrayArchon said:
Nidhoeggr said:

The world as Edoras knew it has ended. Instead of getting eternal magic, they've lost all magic. The floating islands are now just fallen piles of rumble, and everything about their cities that relied upon magic no longer functions.

The Exceed have lost everything but their lives. Illusions of godhood destroyed, their homeland and city lies shattered upon the ground, and they've been forever banished to another world with naught but the clothes on their back. The only advocates they'll have in the kingdom they'll land in is people they tried to kill.

Wendy's after wanting to meet her Gerard for years, Wendy didn't even get the chance for a proper reunion with him, and now she's lost her Gerard forever without each properly being able to say goodbye.

wow nidhoeggr, he shut you up :o
Aug 25, 2010 8:54 AM

Jun 2009
Seems to be alot of hate for this chapter, I can't see why, it was very solid.

Heres hoping that chapter 200 is something about Igneel.
Aug 25, 2010 9:11 AM

Mar 2010
Ugh, finally it ended. I prefer the Oracion Seis arc than Edoras. I hope the next one will got better...

MYSTOGAN!!!! TTATT HUAAAAAAAA!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2010 9:27 AM

Feb 2010
only negative for me was no real Mystogan fight he deserve better then fighting demon natsu ;)
Aug 25, 2010 10:35 AM

Oct 2009
SoFarGone said:
the arc is finally over!
Aug 25, 2010 1:06 PM

Jun 2008
The only thing that went through my mind when I saw the everyone being sucked in by anima was, "So does this finally mean that Gajeel will finally have a cat of this own?"
Aug 25, 2010 1:29 PM

Feb 2010
Finally its all back to earth land. When they left the building was sucked up too wasn't it will they have to rebuild it or will it magically fall back into place?
Aug 25, 2010 1:56 PM

Jan 2009
I've had my doubts about the arc at one point, but I think that's from not getting to read it in one go. And I'm sure the anime will make it even more awesome.

So I don't know if it's the fact that Tiger Lilly is going to "our" Fairy Tail, the fact that a new arc is going to start soon, or that it really was a good ending after all, but I'm psyched.

I wonder what's gonna happen with the rest of the Exceed though. I hope they won't all join Fairy Tail. It'd probably be best if they move away together somewhere, making no or some rare appearances.

I do hope Tiger Lilly joins Gajeel's (and Juvia's) team, a two man team is a bit small, no matter how strong those two are. Also, I'm sad to see Mystogan/Mistgun go. He always seemed pretty cool. I wonder how he did magic, considering magic items run out of power. Still he used enough to be the 2nd (maybe tied with Laxus and Erza) strongest of Fairy Tail
Aug 25, 2010 5:10 PM

Jul 2009
Looks like Mystogan really leaves Fairy Tail for good. One member out....

Great ending for this arc. Now excited for the new arc (And I hope that it's something better).
This is a signature.
Aug 25, 2010 5:23 PM

Jul 2009
Jrittmayer said:
Seems to be alot of hate for this chapter, I can't see why, it was very solid.

Heres hoping that chapter 200 is something about Igneel.

I'm the opposite, I absolutley love this chapter, as it marks the end of this acr that was a good 15 chapters too long.;)
I can't wait for a change of scenery.

Aug 25, 2010 8:22 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I hope Fairy Tail is gonna keep going after this arc.

Aug 26, 2010 12:11 AM

Jun 2008
So in the end Mashima never showed us Mistogun using his full power. That's was kind of a waste.
Aug 26, 2010 2:10 AM

Jan 2008
Monad said:
So in the end Mashima never showed us Mistogun using his full power. That's was kind of a waste.

You mean that thing he was trying to do on Laxus? Because beyond that I can't really think of anything. I think he had the same predicament as the Fairy Tail from Edoras, no magical power considering he was carrying around all those staves.

My opinion on the chapter is that I thought it was quite good. It wasn't mindblowingly awesome but still a pretty good chapter.

Aug 26, 2010 2:51 AM

Jun 2008
StrikeNoir said:
Monad said:

You mean that thing he was trying to do on Laxus? Because beyond that I can't really think of anything. I think he had the same predicament as the Fairy Tail from Edoras, no magical power considering he was carrying around all those staves.

My opinion on the chapter is that I thought it was quite good. It wasn't mindblowingly awesome but still a pretty good chapter.

I mean we never saw him fight using all his skills with a strong opponent. Sure now it couldn't happen because there was no magic and it was Natsu anyway and before the most we saw was with Laxus but he stopped halfway showing very little so we will never know what skills and power he had.
Aug 26, 2010 8:47 AM

Dec 2007
Jesuvius said:
Also, I'm sad to see Mystogan/Mistgun go. He always seemed pretty cool. I wonder how he did magic, considering magic items run out of power. Still he used enough to be the 2nd (maybe tied with Laxus and Erza) strongest of Fairy Tail

I think the only reason magic items ran out of power in Edolas was because there was such a low amount of magic. But in Earthland, magic is inherently infinite, meaning the magical items more than likely had a constant source to draw from.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Aug 26, 2010 9:48 AM

Jan 2009
Seeker said:
Jesuvius said:
Also, I'm sad to see Mystogan/Mistgun go. He always seemed pretty cool. I wonder how he did magic, considering magic items run out of power. Still he used enough to be the 2nd (maybe tied with Laxus and Erza) strongest of Fairy Tail

I think the only reason magic items ran out of power in Edolas was because there was such a low amount of magic. But in Earthland, magic is inherently infinite, meaning the magical items more than likely had a constant source to draw from.

Ah sounds reasonable. But also, how did Mystogan ever come to Earthlan in the first place?
Aug 26, 2010 9:58 AM
Oct 2009
Jesuvius said:

Ah sounds reasonable. But also, how did Mystogan ever come to Earthlan in the first place?

I have a feeling now that the disappearance of the dragons was the same day that the anima was first activated. And mistgun somehow was either shoved in by mistake or was trying to rescue the cat eggs or something like that.
Remember he found wendy when grandine had just disappeared and he said something about being new to this world.
Aug 26, 2010 11:44 AM

Jun 2008
aww man, leaving mistgun behind.. and i was hoping that natsu would say goodbye with shedding tears to lisanna
Aug 26, 2010 1:22 PM

Mar 2010
It's sad to part with Mystogun T^T But I'm glad everything turned ok and there is end to this arc XD Somehow I didn't like it ;P Gazille has his cat LOL XD But I can't imagine it XD
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Aug 26, 2010 1:30 PM
Mar 2010
u8sand said:
Finally its all back to earth land. When they left the building was sucked up too wasn't it will they have to rebuild it or will it magically fall back into place?

Every last building in the entire town was sucked up. It's pretty clear that reversing the whole process should put everything back the way they found it.

Jesuvius said:
I wonder what's gonna happen with the rest of the Exceed though. I hope they won't all join Fairy Tail.

I've seen a few people say something along those lines, but I'm not sure why anyone thinks it's a possibility. Every last Exceed in the world is being transported to Earthland. To our knowledge there's only the one large town/small city of them. Which still means that there are hundreds of them at the least (they certainly didn't have any qualms about shipping 100 unhatched eggs off to another dimension with low odds of success/return). So there are many times the number of Exceed as there are Fairy Tail members, ranging in age from young children, to the elderly.

Only five character's have joined Fairy Tail over the course of the story, Lucy, Juvia, Gajeel, Wendy, Charle. No more than two at a time have joined (Juvia and Gajeel, Wendy and Charle). Leon and his minions? Joined a different guild. Erza's childhood friends? Left to learn to live their own lives instead of joining FT/relying on Erza. Hoteye and Gerard? Shipped off to prison.

So there's very little "will join Fairy Tail" precedent. Furthermore, plenty of Exceed would be too young or old to work, and plenty have other professions anyways (Happy's parents are farmers for example.)

Given all that, the only Exceed likely to actually join FT is Pantherlily.

K0S-M0S said:
I hope Fairy Tail is gonna keep going after this arc.

Of course it will, why wouldn't it? There are plenty of plot threads left to explore, and the series is successful enough to be at absolutely no risk of cancellation.
Aug 26, 2010 7:43 PM
Feb 2009
hJ said:
Gol_D_Lex said:

Not at all. At most he'll be 3rd or 4th

He had an advantage in that final battle since he was a dragon slayer. In a straight out fight or power level rank he is about 3rd I would think now.

One thing I don't like about this series is that the characters don't really seem to evolve that much, if at all, in terms of fighting power or new moves/techniques, etc. This series needs more of that. Natsu is a young guy, so it seems that he would have learned some new techniques by now.
Aug 26, 2010 7:58 PM

Nov 2008
And on to the next Arc
Aug 26, 2010 10:27 PM

May 2010
i guess is an okay episode but maybe it could be better !!

Aug 27, 2010 1:33 PM

Apr 2007
Well I really enjoyed this arc. The end had it's bad moments, but overall it was fun. Too bad we have to say good-bye to Mistogan.
Aug 28, 2010 9:21 AM

Jan 2009
This arc wasn't that bad but imo also not his best work. Gonna miss Mistogan :(
Aug 28, 2010 1:18 PM

Sep 2009
Great end to a great arc!
Aug 28, 2010 11:08 PM

Oct 2008
Gajeel will get his cat now? =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 29, 2010 3:13 AM

May 2010
Mmm.. that was a nice Arc :D:) can't wait to see the next one XD
Aug 31, 2010 1:09 PM
Mar 2010
Jdthebud said:
One thing I don't like about this series is that the characters don't really seem to evolve that much, if at all, in terms of fighting power or new moves/techniques, etc. This series needs more of that. Natsu is a young guy, so it seems that he would have learned some new techniques by now.

Yeah, Natsu is a relatively young guy. The question of the age barrier aside, he seems to be functionally the same age as Gray(18). However keep in mind that Natsu has been working as a wizard for the last 7 years. Unlike in Bleach, Naruto, or One Piece (for example) he's not a callow young just learning his power and setting out on an adventure. It's more like Slayers, or Full Metal Alchemist, where he's an established professional in his field with a prominent reputation. So rather than a matter of adding a bunch of new techniques, it becomes more of a matter of how he uses his existing ones to win.
Sep 1, 2010 9:03 AM

Apr 2009
eddypc07 said:
GrayArchon said:
Nidhoeggr said:

wow nidhoeggr, he shut you up :o

Geez, read some more manga before you try to justify something like this.
Losing powers but gaining friendship is in so many Shounen, it's hard to pick a few ones were this isn't the case. See FMA (where it's done far better btw), a good portion of every JRPG ever made, 666 Satan, Gunnm, Rave Master, etc.

And the Gerard story itself has to be one of the most generic plot devices I've ever seen in Shounen. Other mangakas at least try to find DIFFERENT characters for their clicheed plot twists, only FT seems to know nothing else but a rehashed, poor version of Sieghart that has to be raped again and again if Mashima fails yet again to deliver organic character development. And no, I won't even bother to list what IS generic, it's just so blatantly obvious that everyone should be able to realize it themselves.

And lastly, don't talk like you know things if you have only watched some Shounen and read the Big 3. I read and buy manga since 2003 and the fact that I bothered to even reply to someone who seriously thinks that Code Geass is worth to be in anyone's favourite list should satisfy you.
And why do you hide your list? Embarrassed to let others see your preferences? Do you want to hide that 10/10 you gave Naruto and Bleach? I'm curious
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 3, 2010 6:49 AM

Aug 2009
LOL, Nidhoeggr- go be a tool somewhere else!

A nice ending to this arc. I only care about if Gazille wil finally get his get. Him an Pantherlily would be such an awesome duo.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.