Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2010 11:44 AM

May 2009
Well I used the search engine and I couldn't find such topic in here, so here I go.

I like the favourite people section, but why isn't there a favourite producer section. I know there are not tons of them, but every anime fan has at least one in mind. I don't expect your top 10 but at least your top 1 ( max top 3 ) producers.
My usual question to the anime lovers is "what is your fav producer" ( every producer has different style in doing things, so their animes comes quite different from one another ), that's how I cab get additional info on the animes the person preffers. The favourite animes are not necessary to be of your fav producer.
So I think adding "Favorite Producer" is a good idea :)
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blutsauger&sclick=1]
Aug 20, 2010 2:54 AM

Mar 2009
It's not a necessary implementation. You can state your favourite producers under your About Me section.
Aug 20, 2010 6:01 AM

Dec 2009
I don't know, I think it'd be nice.

Too bad Xinil's not around and the mods probably wouldn't appreciate the added workload.
Aug 20, 2010 4:46 PM

May 2009
AlexSadist-sama said:
It's not a necessary implementation. You can state your favourite producers under your About Me section.

Well In the About Me section you can put your fav animes too xD ( and are usually put ), so why is there a "favorite anime" section :P
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blutsauger&sclick=1]
Aug 20, 2010 11:35 PM

Mar 2009
Blutsauger said:
AlexSadist-sama said:

Well In the About Me section you can put your fav animes too xD ( and are usually put ), so why is there a "favorite anime" section :P

People would usually know titles of anime they like, but not many would know the producers' names.
Sep 8, 2011 6:44 PM

Mar 2009
hello, (19 pages to find this post >.>)

I was thinking on create a post like this one, i don't want to spam so i will explain my suggestion here.

My suggestion is create to a top 5 (or 3) of producers (animation studios). Producer are not people, anime/manga titles or characters.

Having a favorite producer could encourage people to watch more anime, will be helpful with people with few year of experience watching anime, members who search for titles but usually do not pay attention to Studios, encourage to look and watch their studio titles and goes for old titles too. Sometimes people goes crazy searching for a anime similar to another, search by genres can be disappointing (and long), picking the mangaka titles works too, but we aren't sure it all. Yes, we have recommendations and is very good having that on MAL but.. is depending of. A top producer could extend the posibilities if members saw them on our profiles.

Is like:
- I watched this anime, i liked, this anime is from any studio, that studio will provide me another title than good? We can find crap, yes, and many good titles too.

I think the producer are than important as a mangakas.

[We] or is well know that every studio has a mark, a own style. There is no studio like Madhouse or IG or Bones (just examples). this helps to enlarge the knowledge as well. To share what we like, we have the clubs and is a great idea, to know people with your likes, to know what os going on with the studio. But there is nothing on my profile that says which one are my faves

Will be good to know from outside and inside that MAL carry for the animes watchers likes, and provide a full variety of custom things, i don't know if other websites had site system, and if MAL had this, would be good for the website.

I know exist another websites like MAL with the list and stuff, ok, but is not the same that people can notice and differenciate MAL by little details this site can offer, like the favorites stuff, one of the thing i like of this site, as members we like to be originals, and that things that makes a watcher, otaku as unique as possible.

if you think that clubs is enough and the idea too much for a profile, is okey, i just wanted to say this.

thanks.
Sep 8, 2011 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
Can you name twenty animation studios without having to look it up?

If not, I think 3 is perhaps too many. But I am very much behind this idea.
Sep 8, 2011 7:06 PM

Mar 2009

did I say twenty?
That's not the purpose =)
Sep 8, 2011 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
saiyagok said:

did I say twenty?
That's not the purpose =)

Yes, I can read, thank you.

The reason I asked you to name twenty animation studios from the top of your head is that I sincerely doubt you'd be able to come up with that many. For that reason, I think having 3 top studios is too many.

Especially since selecting 3 favourites out twenty studios is quite a high ratio, particularly compared with the 5 top anime you're allowed to pick out of more than 5000 titles that are on the database.

Like I said, I am not against your suggestion- I am just making the point that having a top 3 is perhaps a bit too many.
Sep 8, 2011 7:53 PM

Mar 2009
@annokano

Fair enough, three could be a middle. One as top, people would complain (i would), you know that; if you read how many member ask for more faves of people or series, that's a fact, considering that the idea is avoid that and even so.. people always will ask for more D:

I like so much the short animations of 4C, but i like too the long series of toei, without forgetting studios that join anime of a certain plot like madhouse, IG, Bones, or there is kyoto animation that makes visual novels the most, studios that dedicates to a target or certain emblematic studios like Gainax, what about studio like Ghibli? movies we can't say a no easily. The Studio Gonzo, we know the gonzo effect about the crappy endings and yet we watch, Deen, bee train, pierrot, AIC, xebec, omg Sunrise!!. Many of their people have separate, creating news ones. I can't tell you twenty because my favorites aren't that much. Still I can't take off what people like, I recognize a three would be a bit complicated to choice but is a good middle.

well somehow thanks for asking :3

More topics from this board

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
9 hours ago

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.