Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2010 1:55 AM

Jun 2009
God, I was so hoping that his sister would enter the room at the moment they were kissing. Aha! So I did hear something! :D

Not a bad arc but nothing special either, just like the first one. 3/5
Aug 20, 2010 2:03 AM

Dec 2007
Liked this arc a lot more than the first one, including the ending.
I can't believe the amount of people whining about there not being any "10 years later" and saying stuff like "omfg they didn't show them marry!!11". For aiming to be a cute HS romance, this arc delievered.

Also, the last frame is obviously them still being a couple in their uni (?) days.
yakisobapanAug 20, 2010 7:03 AM
Aug 20, 2010 2:14 AM

Jan 2009
What. No, no question mark intended.
What's with this anyway?
Somehow, this arc seems like it was so... Uneventful.. Or something >.>
I'ml still thinking about whether this or the first arc was better.. Though both'll most likely be better than the next arc. Sae's annoying voice is annoying.

And
werr-y said:
Also, Haruka in a santa suit was win.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 20, 2010 2:35 AM
Jul 2010
Samshel said:
I was liking more Kaoru's arc, I still think she is a nice character, but the ending was just like, you know, nothing...

I was expecting something more for this arc, everything was fine until lame ending.. Haruka's ending was way better...
Aug 20, 2010 3:04 AM

Jan 2008
The ending was cute.

BRING ON THE NEXT ONE!~

I oddly liked Haruka in Kaoru's arc better than in Haruka's.
memorieswithinAug 20, 2010 12:49 PM
Aug 20, 2010 3:07 AM

Sep 2009
bad ending ......
Aug 20, 2010 3:08 AM

Jun 2008
The ending did seem sort of unfulfilled, but I think it worked. The two had been friends for a long time, so a lovey-dovey ending like the first arc just wouldn't have fit as well. Plus, if they'd done that kind of ending for all the arcs, it would get rather dull. The more subtle conclusion they gave this arc keeps the same feeling of friendship they always had while also showing how much they've progressed in their relationship. At least that's how I see it.

Looking forward to the next arc. Nakata grabbing hold of him in the last few seconds the way she did made them look more like brother and sister. Cute.
Aug 20, 2010 3:09 AM

May 2010
Things this episode missed:
More drama with kaoru's mom
secret underpants revealed
sister catching them in the act
time skip
Aug 20, 2010 3:14 AM

Apr 2009
This arc was very good and the last episode was great, but that ending was just so lame. Hopefully there really was a deleted scene. Well time to go pirate the Blu-ray/DVD when it comes out...
Aug 20, 2010 3:15 AM

Feb 2010
so the 2nd arc is over and it was better then the first but the ending was crap :(
Aug 20, 2010 3:40 AM

Feb 2009
MAL must have turned upside down or I did, because I found the ending to be very satisfying. Much better than Haruka arc, both in the way the story went and the ending. It really doesn't have to have a 10-year timeskip with them being lovey-dovey like in Haruka arc. That last picture was enough for me. Their relationship is natural so no exaggeration is necessary, at least that's what I think. I like Kaoru more than Haruka, although that Santa outfit poses a problem for me -3-

So sad that this arc is over now, since I do not have high hopes for the next arc. Sae's voice and personality is just >_> On the other hand, the setting is different since it will start at summer and they'll be in their summer uniform so that might make a difference at how I think of her(how exactly, I dunno). Still waiting for Ai and Tsukasa arc. Maybe Rihoko too but not Sae's.
Aug 20, 2010 3:52 AM
Feb 2010
Wow...the ending was................unexpected

Haruka in a santa costume was <3 tho :D
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Aug 20, 2010 4:14 AM

Nov 2008
As in all the arc. it was rushed, I prefer the Haruka arc. The voice of Sae in next one will be like hell T.T
Aug 20, 2010 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
zimno said:
Morishima-senpai<3<3<3

WIN!!!! :D

Also some cencoured................will see Xd
Aug 20, 2010 4:46 AM

Mar 2009
belatkuro said:
MAL must have turned upside down or I did, because I found the ending to be very satisfying. Much better than Haruka arc, both in the way the story went and the ending. It really doesn't have to have a 10-year timeskip with them being lovey-dovey like in Haruka arc. That last picture was enough for me. Their relationship is natural so no exaggeration is necessary, at least that's what I think. I like Kaoru more than Haruka, although that Santa outfit poses a problem for me -3-

So sad that this arc is over now, since I do not have high hopes for the next arc. Sae's voice and personality is just >_> On the other hand, the setting is different since it will start at summer and they'll be in their summer uniform so that might make a difference at how I think of her(how exactly, I dunno). Still waiting for Ai and Tsukasa arc. Maybe Rihoko too but not Sae's.

I feel the same way, I don't see why everyone hated the ending.
I thought it was very romantic and a good way to show how there love progressed overtime.

Like kuro said above, their love was so natural that they didn't need any extravagant confessions or events to make it work.

And, I think the fact that she confessed to him, made it more "eventful" than others are giving it credit.

The best part of this arc, I'd have to say, was Kaoru fighting her feelings.
Especially in this episode, when she was trying to figure out what pantsu to wear...Win!!

Yes, it would have been nice to see the 10 years later thing, but I personally loved the ending.

Though, I'll have to admit, when they were standing on the glass in the tower I was so waiting for them to smash through and fall to their deaths...LOL!!

Urahara Out!!
Aug 20, 2010 5:28 AM
Jul 2010
wonder if" kiss on the neck" is incoming? ^^
Aug 20, 2010 5:43 AM

May 2008
i loved this arc alot but i tink the next would be awesome =)

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 20, 2010 5:50 AM

Jul 2009
realmruler1 said:
zimno said:
Morishima-senpai<3<3<3

WIN!!!! :D

Also some cencoured................will see Xd
Lol that was really a nosebleed worthy XD

6/10 for this arc,
The sleeping together scene remind me of Beck, but without the guitar XD
Aug 20, 2010 6:06 AM

Aug 2010
zimno said:
Morishima-senpai<3<3<3

The highlight of an otherwise forgettable episode.
Aug 20, 2010 6:41 AM
Nov 2009
j_hoon said:
decent ending:)))) didn't beat morishimas arc though ;)

oh and about nakata i think that arc will be supah cute:] even though people don't like her voice >_^

Idd, I agree but I'll still miss Kaoru's arc ;) 5/5 for me hahah
Aug 20, 2010 7:13 AM

Jan 2009
It was a sweet ending.

Less drama as its about childhood friendship progressing onwards yet keeping the humour.

None of this massive cry out and odd screwball humour in 10 year scenario.
Aug 20, 2010 7:33 AM

Jun 2009
I found it satisfying. Kaoru fits with Junichi a lot more than Haruka, and there wasn't a 10 years loop at the end. I mean, it wasn't bad in Haruka's arc, but it wouldn't fit in Kaoru's one. Just a shame that we haven't seen the fancy underwear. щ(゚Д゚щ) Also, i was wondering where did all the people from the glass tower dissapear to? They were standing there only few minutes so how come? And why they were sleeping in clothes?

Oh, and Haruka's outfit was perfect~. ^^
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 20, 2010 7:48 AM

Apr 2010
First arc was better... well next one have such a voice so yeah still waiting for the last 2 :)
Aug 20, 2010 7:53 AM

Oct 2008
TiagoCosta said:
First arc was better... well next one have such a voice so yeah still waiting for the last 2 :)

I'm not sure I can watch the next arc. Frankly Sae's voice sounds like fingernails going down a chalkboard. I cringe everytime i hear her say anything...
Aug 20, 2010 7:53 AM

Jun 2009
The ending wasn't that good, I was expecting something better. The next arc looks okay. I don't really like that twintail girl, because of her voice, but she looks kinda cute in next ep.

Aug 20, 2010 8:13 AM

Jun 2010
Man, watching this episode, I can think of so many differences between 2D girls and 3D girls.

2D - apologizes if she is late, even after you got mad at her for being late.
3D - comes up with lots of excuses about being late, and if you attempt to get mad at her she will get a lot more mad at you

2D - if you are hesitant then grabs your hand and runs together
3D - if you are hesitant then leaves you alone and goes by herself

2D - hold you with both hands and assure you it's fine, to help conquer your fear of heights
3D - laugh at you for being a loser, and will tell that to anyone and everyone she knows regardless of whether they are interested or not in listening to her about it

2D - knows 100 bad points about you and 101 good points about you
3D - can go on and on rambling about all your bad points, but asking her about any of your good points leaves her speechless

Ah, forget it, I'm lazy to continue the list. Gonna just enjoy my anime now. :3

And with the kiss scene, any and all strangers in the surrounding area magically and conveniently disappears! :D
Aug 20, 2010 8:49 AM

Nov 2008
BlitzAceSamy said:
And with the kiss scene, any and all strangers in the surrounding area magically and conveniently disappears! :D

Yeah, they were in a dark corner, for a moment I thought that the tower has been closed hehe.
Aug 20, 2010 8:57 AM

Oct 2009
Actually, the thing about the ending is that it felt just a tad-too-anticlimatic, but that's from a bias viewpoint. I can understand some of you guys liking the ending, but the ending right after the kiss scene was, well... I couldn't help but feel wtf was just going on? Did I MISS something!? That's why I didn't like the ending that much, but it still had it's positives, aside from that Haruka's santa suit.

Aug 20, 2010 9:02 AM
Jul 2009
For some reason, this arc feels kinda incomplete for me. And I wonder why they didn't do the 10 years later thing? Cute scene when they were at the top of the tower and they confessed to each other. <3 I guess I enjoyed this arc more than Haruka's, but there could have been more drama. I'd say it's... 3.5/5.
Aug 20, 2010 9:27 AM

Jul 2010
Where's my 10 years later? :O Good arc anyways

Next one is Sae? I feel sorry for my ears ;(
Aug 20, 2010 9:44 AM

May 2010
I liked Kaoru's arc than Haruka's except for the ending..

I felt like something was missing but its not that bad coz it got

funny momen-- HOLY REINDEER!! MORISHIMA IN SANTA SUIT!! WOHOOOO!!

*cough* pardon me..

Also, why is it that they don't want us to see their lips touch each other?? :/

They did it twice.. :(

I hope Sae's arc will be better than those previous two.. Looking forward to it.
Aug 20, 2010 9:46 AM

Aug 2007
BlitzAceSamy said:
Man, watching this episode, I can think of so many differences between 2D girls and 3D girls.

2D - apologizes if she is late, even after you got mad at her for being late.
3D - comes up with lots of excuses about being late, and if you attempt to get mad at her she will get a lot more mad at you

2D - if you are hesitant then grabs your hand and runs together
3D - if you are hesitant then leaves you alone and goes by herself

2D - hold you with both hands and assure you it's fine, to help conquer your fear of heights
3D - laugh at you for being a loser, and will tell that to anyone and everyone she knows regardless of whether they are interested or not in listening to her about it

2D - knows 100 bad points about you and 101 good points about you
3D - can go on and on rambling about all your bad points, but asking her about any of your good points leaves her speechless

Ah, forget it, I'm lazy to continue the list. Gonna just enjoy my anime now. :3

I guess you never met the right girl then.

It was nice having Kaoru take the lead. Yes, I was also like, eh, why didn't they get changed? But I guess it's because they're in the same room and otherwise Miya would find out.

Next arc seems kind of boring to me, but I could be mistaken. Oh wait, we'll have another weird scene, so might not be that boring.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Aug 20, 2010 9:47 AM

Apr 2009
Good arc, but lame end. Still cute.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Aug 20, 2010 9:51 AM

Aug 2010
New Game

Kiss girl

Confession

Live happily ever after
Aug 20, 2010 10:15 AM

Jun 2009
Harukas arc was much much better! This was okay, not quite as good.

And what? No 10 years later? lol
Aug 20, 2010 10:18 AM

Dec 2007
Meh... this arc was okay... the ending was kind of lame, Haruka's arc was way better than this
Aug 20, 2010 10:22 AM

May 2010
Haruka > Kaoru

This ending was fail
Aug 20, 2010 10:28 AM
Mar 2009
I'm scared about the next arc. That girl is freaken scary.
Aug 20, 2010 11:08 AM

Jul 2010
Meh. The lack of time jump made me lose interest.
Aug 20, 2010 11:11 AM

Nov 2008
It was a very good arc , the ending could have been adapted mildly better - but still very nice and warming arc -

And of course Harukas santa suit ;D

4/5 for the arc
Aug 20, 2010 11:57 AM
Jan 2010
The only thing that I didn't like about this anime was the ending, I felt that it needed more. Perhaps similar to the ten years later from Haruka's ending
Aug 20, 2010 12:01 PM

Jun 2008
I like this whole arc better than the first. the girl was better, his behavior and fetishes where not as annoying and in general it had a more sweet romantic feeling about it.

I don't know why many have a problem with the ending. Yes it was an ending that didn't show anything crazy or a view after 10 years but it was more sweet and cute ending than crazy and sexy like we saw at the first arc. This kind of ending fits more this girl that is not the crazy airhead Haruka was.
I don't get what is anticlimactic about it? They created a lovers relationship and confessed there feelings. They also promised to be always by each other and we were shown on how good they are at being always together from little children making us realize they can be good together for there whole life.
I don't see what else is necessary really.
Ok i admit i wanted to see that special underwear too but lets not act so desperate for fanservice.
Aug 20, 2010 12:10 PM

Feb 2009
Monad said:
Ok i admit i wanted to see that special underwear too but lets not act so desperate for fanservice.
Maybe this is why people were disappointed? ^^ I also wanted to see it :3
Aug 20, 2010 12:40 PM
Dec 2007
It was a kinda cute episode and a very nice arc overall. I feel that the next one will be a pain though, Sae seems so shy and uninteresting (and I don't even speak about the dumb klutz Rihoko...). Anyway, we'll see how it turns out very soon.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 20, 2010 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
cute ending! ^^

But... i wanted to see the 10 years later thing.. D;
Aug 20, 2010 1:10 PM

Dec 2007
Kissing and falling asleep made me go MEH. So much for the awesome build-up. I want to see what kinda pantsu did Kaoru wore.
Aug 20, 2010 1:13 PM
Jul 2010
Monad said:
I like this whole arc better than the first. the girl was better, his behavior and fetishes where not as annoying and in general it had a more sweet romantic feeling about it.

I don't know why many have a problem with the ending. Yes it was an ending that didn't show anything crazy or a view after 10 years but it was more sweet and cute ending than crazy and sexy like we saw at the first arc. This kind of ending fits more this girl that is not the crazy airhead Haruka was.
I don't get what is anticlimactic about it? They created a lovers relationship and confessed there feelings. They also promised to be always by each other and we were shown on how good they are at being always together from little children making us realize they can be good together for there whole life.
I don't see what else is necessary really.

The point why most of us didn't liked the ending, because we didn't saw their future, maybe after that confession something happened and they broke up, so I couldn't call that ending, I would say it was middle of something, dunno if anyone agrees with me, but I missed to see what happened after that confession, so I wanted something like "10 years later" I wanted to see them happily married or something similar, but they just ended like that, how disappointing , fanservice - I don't think it has something to do with the ending.

Just my 2 cents.
Aug 20, 2010 1:49 PM

Aug 2010
man, i gotta say that Santa Costume of Haruka is soo effin' HOOT tsss,....

overall this ARC is a BIG MEHH 3/5

god, i think the next arc is gonna suck
the nxt main character is SHY
ahh fck but who knows it might end up good

still my favorite character: Haruka ^_^
Aug 20, 2010 1:50 PM

Aug 2010
LOL there was a cut scene?

i bet it was a sex scene, looking forward to the Blu-ray version =D
Aug 20, 2010 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
My initial reaction after seeing the end to this arc was one of mild disappointment, but after thinking about it a bit more, I found to like it and see it as appropriate given the other episodes. For one thing, the episode was titled "Progress," which I saw as pretty much the whole theme of the arc itself, with Kaoru and Junichi slowly realizing their feelings for each other. I suppose at the same time you could use the title to justify having a look into their future, but I was satisfied Kaoru's last statement coupled with the image of the two of them together at the end. Shmeh. Maybe we'll see the future in her OVA episode. :/

As for Sae's arc, her voice may be kinda grating, and just about all shy girls are more or less the same, but still, shy girls are HHHHHNNNNNNGGGG. For me at least.
Ha-cha!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still watching this in 2022?

Raibyou - May 4, 2022

43 by nixshiki »»
Mar 18, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jul 22, 2010

352 by Zane_0 »»
Dec 27, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 23, 2010

279 by Bard_Eren »»
Dec 20, 2023 11:54 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jul 15, 2010

300 by Glitterybugs »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 16, 2010

249 by cableguyjay »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.