MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (4) 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Shiki Episode 7 Discussion

Aug 19, 2010 7:16 PM

Ew Masao.
I really wonder if the girl will be in the coffin or not... or if the kids will even get that far.

Aug 19, 2010 7:33 PM

stickymochi said:
I really wonder if the girl will be in the coffin or not... or if the kids will even get that far.
I believe one of them will die.
zimno said:

Weekly Masao;
*vomits*

Aug 19, 2010 7:37 PM

Geez, of all the people than can come back to life...

They really like annoying people do they?

Aug 19, 2010 8:00 PM

The worst Masao clip was definitely him clawing at his throat and leaving deep marks. Gag.

Aug 19, 2010 8:03 PM

Linalee-Stratos said:
stickymochi said:

Especially since Tatsumi knows they're going to dig up the grave ...and he can run around in daylight. He looked pretty serious about this vampire business.

Aug 19, 2010 8:40 PM

Woot! Masao-chan is getting so much attention in Shiki lately.

Aug 19, 2010 9:35 PM

Looking forward to the next one~ Ugh I'll be back in school by then. T.T

Aug 19, 2010 10:15 PM

Jaymie said:
The worst Masao clip was definitely him clawing at his throat and leaving deep marks. Gag.

the clawing made me think of higurashi

Aug 19, 2010 10:45 PM

FANTASTIC. Now that all the main characters are catching on.... next episode should be an EPIC win. The doctor and the young priests convo/exchange was awesome when they both comprehended what was going on.

Masao is something out of a nightmare, but I'm glad we were able to follow him on his beginning as an "undead."

Being buried alive in the coffin and also not being able to breathe made me feel VERY claustrophobic. ::shudders:

Aug 19, 2010 10:49 PM

Masao was slightly a nightmare and was freakishly creepy, but the hell he was less annoying in this episode. So that's oddly a plus.

Is it me or is Tatsumi going to be an epic vampire throughout this series!?

Yep, the episode is catching on... except the fact that Seishin doesn't believe what Toshio concluded on. (Well, he knew this because
)

So far, 4/5.

Aug 19, 2010 11:53 PM

Jaymie said:
It's nice to see how the entire main cast knows about the vampires now. Next episode should be epic.

Agreed~
z0mg looking forward to next ep O_O they had to end at a good part~ :O

Aug 20, 2010 12:02 AM

Boo! @ starting the episode with Masao.

Awz, Seishin doesn't believe Toshio.

Kaori annoyed me in this episode. I'm about 50% sure one of the three, or maybe even two, will die.

Aug 20, 2010 12:56 AM

Amazing episode. I would've liked at least one episode without Masao (you knew he was coming back, though) but you can't argue with the results. Great to see things from the perspective of a new vampire and that the older ones have a way of doing things. The quitting jobs and leaving town was explained and I'm satisfied, that had seemed a bit odd but makes perfect sense now.

This series continues to be fantastic and with with most of the main characters poised to take action I can't freaking wait for the next episode. Vampires die in sunlight so since they're digging up the grave with the sun out I don't think Megumi will have went back there to fool them.

Aug 20, 2010 1:19 AM

Masao wasn't that bad, the fact that he was hesitant showed he wasn't completely heartless. :/ But I have a feeling, he'll get worse.

Natsuno and Toshio were their usual cool straightforward selves.

Akira's beginning to grow on me. In the beginning, he was like whatevers but now, his character is beginning to show. It's awesome.

I didn't mind Kaori so much before, but her fear was realistic albeit a bit annoying.

Aug 20, 2010 2:46 AM

That's right Masao, stay right there where you are, and I hope you'll never get out. D:
...Stupid weird-eared dude, why did you have to dig him up? (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
So anyway, soon they'll have proof then, or will the weirdo interfere? =3=

Also, the way Seishin says 'Toshio' kind of makes it sound like "doushiyou" : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Aug 20, 2010 3:09 AM

More and more intense and cool..can't wait for the next episode.

Aug 20, 2010 3:20 AM

to bad i'm already know what will happen but still next episode should be great

Aug 20, 2010 4:04 AM

I love how they adapted Masao's rise from the grave xD . It shows viewers that they aren't exactly the bad guys ...

Aug 20, 2010 4:19 AM

When they confirm the existence of vampires, what are they gonna do to counter them? Occult? Ahg i cant wait for the next episode. The build up was fantastic but abit slow.

I was thinking, if megumi were to be back in the grave to fool them, wont she be burned in the sunlight when they open the grave? They might just put a skeleton or something... to indicate "her" presence.

Aug 20, 2010 4:54 AM

OH crap Masao is back >.> but he less annoying in this episode & he still crappy as vampire than his former human self.
Masao=worst vampire ever

Very bold move by Natsuno,Akira&Kaori digging Shimizu grave to seek clarification about vampires. Well that's explain why Kaori is depicted carrying shovel in some fanarts.

Aug 20, 2010 5:42 AM

really loled at dazzling Masao in beautiful flowers
he showed us some aspects of his character which he was reluctant to kill people (that's proper though).
I'm pretty sure he's just stupid but not so bad a guy...

Linalee-Stratos said:

Why did the priest seem reluctant?....religious issues or because he already guesses Sunako is one of them?

well, I guess, most of the people wouldn't be able to believe the existence of Vampires merely because they heard, on first glance, plausible explanations.
They need to make sure of them to get a convinction.
Modified by Hana-kei, Sep 4, 2010 1:49 PM

Aug 20, 2010 6:43 AM

Is it just me or is it completely impossible to find the episode with the sound and video sync'ed..? there's a major delay on sound everywhere I try it =3=

Aug 20, 2010 9:42 AM

mini_jette said:
Is it just me or is it completely impossible to find the episode with the sound and video sync'ed..? there's a major delay on sound everywhere I try it =3=

Try here: http://www.watchanimeon.com/shiki-episode-7/ :)

Well, the next few eps are sure gunna be epic :D I have a feeling at least one of the three will die, and I'm fairly certain it won't be Natsuno (Kaori or the other guy? xD I hope it's Kaori...) I prefer Masao as a vampire. It was freaky when the vampire guy was at Masao's window ad he let him in, though it would have been better if it were Tatsumi xD I hope Megumi's not in the grave, so they have proof! But it looked like Tatsumi was watching them, so maybe they won't get the chance to open it up? Anyway, I hope Seishin belives Toshio about the vampires/okiagiri (sp?) Toshio, Seishin and Natsuno are still my fave characters. <3

Aug 20, 2010 9:47 AM

i0taku said:
mini_jette said:

Try here: http://www.watchanimeon.com/shiki-episode-7/ :)

Ah thanks - already tried watchanimeon.com thou, but now it seems to work just fine :) Maybe it was just me who failed XD

Aug 20, 2010 10:47 AM

FUUUUU----- Why did Masao have to live again!!?? Well I expected it but still

Ehem....An excellent episode. A lot of explanation about how what "they" are and how it goes with them. Yay for Tatsumi having a lot of lines and a very interesting role in here. So he's one of the lead vamps with immunity to sunlight. I'd guess the couple are also one of the special vamps. Natsuno isn't beating around the bush and wants to find out about Megumi. Ozaki is thinking outside the box now. Let's see how both of them handle what's happening. It's official, this goes with my top 3 shows this summer.

I love to watch this while at night. The music is 10x greater to listen to. OP is easily my pick for best OP song this season :D. I'm kinda reminded of Shingetsutan Tsukihime OP at the OST when Toshio and Muroi were talking :P

Aug 20, 2010 11:09 AM

Agreed. There's no character more annoying than him. Well, I haven't read the manga so I don't know what's going on and I can make my presumption that maybe the good-for-nothing-as-a-human-Masao will become some kickass vampire.

I doubt it, though.

Put that aside, the episode was fantastic. Like each and every one so far. The best show this season imho.

Aug 20, 2010 12:38 PM

I wonder if we will get some vampire extermination soon. >_>

Aug 20, 2010 12:46 PM

ilikeyouevenmore said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
stickymochi said:

Especially since Tatsumi knows they're going to dig up the grave ...and he can run around in daylight. He looked pretty serious about this vampire business.

if tatsumi thinks smart...I predict he will put back the girl in the coffin, to try trick them into believing they crazy

Aug 20, 2010 12:48 PM

-Vid said:

And Masao is a better human as a vampire.. lol.

thats what I'm saying XD

Aug 20, 2010 1:27 PM

I really like the main cast! Can't decide who I like the best, this show has awesome characters. I like how Seishin was in disbelief about the vampire thing, anyone would be in disbelief about something like that. No Sunako in this episode... Can't wait for next week.

Aug 20, 2010 1:37 PM

Everyone would not be able to accept it so easily, if they were told that the culprits are vampires.

I wonder how Masao will behave like now that he's a vampire? Would he see it as a chance to have his revenge against all those that he thinks they have mocked him or will he feel regret for having to kill humans to survive. Megumi on the other hand, doesn't seem to mind killing humans one bit. But Masao has been given a more complex personality, so he could be the one...

Anyway, great ep just like all the rest. And oh look, yet another character with funny hair, Toshio's mother... But I got used to it already.

I think it's about time the villagers start fighting back... Although there's probably little that they can do against such supernatural opponents.

And what's up with Tatsumi being able to get out during daytime. Is he not a vampire?
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!

Aug 20, 2010 2:21 PM

kodial said:

And what's up with Tatsumi being able to get out during daytime. Is he not a vampire?
I haven't read the manga or anything, but I was just assuming he was a Daywalker.

Aug 20, 2010 2:32 PM

They're getting closer and closer to the truth, so they probably'll be killed soon, lol

Aug 20, 2010 3:38 PM

Why! why did that thing had to be one of those who can come back from the dead. I can't bare watching it. And did you hear that stupid scream when that vampire first bite him. WTF was that, you gay fagot? I swear my hair rose up from disgust. I felt like throwing up.

The doctor will have his confirmation when he sees how the situation of that woman is progressing. Natsuno tries to find proof too. I wonder how it would develop in terms of telling the villagers or not.

I like the fact that we got at least some explanation about how they are doing things and about not everybody rising from the dead. I wonder what is it that makes some of them rise and some not?

garfield15 said:
kodial said:

I haven't read the manga or anything, but I was just assuming he was a Daywalker.

That's kind of stupidly convenient. Just because someone decided to create "Blade" and call him a "daywalker" for some action and fun, are we now gonna have "daywalker" as an establish term for a new kind of vampires in every series?

KingOmerta said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
stickymochi said:

if tatsumi thinks smart...I predict he will put back the girl in the coffin, to try trick them into believing they crazy

That isn't gonna work. Her corpse can't be there because when they open the grave the sunlight is gonna hit her. Except if they have some way of making a fake corpse. But that will seem a little too much.
Modified by Monad, Aug 20, 2010 4:04 PM

Aug 20, 2010 4:42 PM

Monad said:

KingOmerta said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
stickymochi said:

That isn't gonna work. Her corpse can't be there because when they open the grave the sunlight is gonna hit her. Except if they have some way of making a fake corpse. But that will seem a little too much.

Also, Megumi died a while ago. Even if her body was there, it should be somewhat decomposed. If she is just in a coma-like state, that would also be suspicious.

I am wondering how, with everyone so close to the truth, this will be 15 more episodes.

Aug 20, 2010 5:16 PM

Tatsumi's hair design is win. :)

I was like, "UGH"! when they came back with Masao. As everyone else said, thank God he isn't as annoying as he used to be. But I was laughing and nodding when this guy was actually afraid and owned for once.

GOD I am falling in love with the opening and art. It's just amazing to me. This episode was short, but makes me gripping the edge of my seat at the cliffhanger.

'Can't wait for more!

Aug 20, 2010 6:03 PM

He's back! OH YEAH!

kodial said:

I wonder how Masao will behave like now that he's a vampire? Would he see it as a chance to have his revenge against all those that he thinks they have mocked him or will he feel regret for having to kill humans to survive. Megumi on the other hand, doesn't seem to mind killing humans one bit. But Masao has been given a more complex personality, so he could be the one...

My exact thoughts after finishing the episode. As a human he was rather weak minded(I guess you could say), so will this really change anything? Not to mention, he drank from the glass instead of biting that poor kid.

Aug 20, 2010 6:23 PM

Masao will make the perfect first kill, and a vampire as well. That is if he becomes a bit less of a coward. Essentially the perfect villain.

Vampire 101 but we learn the main family is special AND ruthless it seems. Oh and the guy i actually like didn't raise *tear*

Waiting for another Megumi appearance!

Aug 20, 2010 6:38 PM

Edit: oh my, sorry for the loooong text. o.o' didn't even noticed it was that huge.

Megumi hated the village so much she probably dances everytime she gets to bite someone. Masao was just feeling lonely - and therefore acted like a child all along -, but he didn't hate people that much.

I also liked how everyone reacted to things. Natsuno saw it with his own eyes, so it would be kinda weird if he didn't jump right away to that conclusion - yet I believe he'll freak out if they get any proof after digging up Megumi. The doctor and the priest took longer 'since they both dedicated their lives to the opposite of the supernatural, and I'm glad they didn't think "it's a vampire!" right after seeing bite marks. Even so, I guess another talk with the Kirishiki girl is needed in order to convince the priest. (yes, I'm bad with names). Another cool thing is that those freaking vampire eyes apparently are exclusive to those who've already tasted blood, since Masao (*shoots*) was normal 'til he drank out of that glass.

Now all I wanna know is why daddy Kirishiki and that weird-haired instructor have normal eyes, and why the hell there are vampires who can walk around during the day. I'm liking Shiki even more than HOTD; by far the best summer show so far!

In the middle of this insane Twilight wave, it's so good to watch real vampire stuff! <3

Aug 20, 2010 10:35 PM

why of all people did he have to come back? sigh....

at least the doctor has finally gotten the clues together.

Aug 20, 2010 11:00 PM

This series gets more interesting every week.
Love how they explained how the people learn to accept they're vampires.
But what's with the black eyes and them having to act creepy? Have they been hypnotized?

Aug 21, 2010 3:11 AM

Somebody please cut off Masao head! xD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku

Aug 21, 2010 3:49 AM

Pretty slow, but good episode since it really explained something about becoming a vampire. Though I'd have preferred anyone but him/her/it coming back to life. Hopefully next episode has some progression on the human's side.

Aug 21, 2010 7:40 AM

Mormegil said:
He's back! OH YEAH!

kodial said:

My exact thoughts after finishing the episode. As a human he was rather weak minded(I guess you could say), so will this really change anything? Not to mention, he drank from the glass instead of biting that poor kid.

Did you guys see his face when Tatsumi told him that his nephew died and didn't have a "splendid chance" to become a vampire? It was triumph, happiness or simple joy over the thought that the person he deeply detested finally disappeared. He wasn't scared of that death, it wasn't just dirty thoughts in his head, he didn't regret or mourn.

No, he's not gonna become more "human" now. He's on the way to become a very best villain, I feel.

Aug 21, 2010 9:27 AM

Amazing episode. So Masao died and then revive. O.o

We're knoing more about whats really happening.

Is really Megumi on her tomb?

Aug 21, 2010 10:46 AM

Kanade-chan said:

Masao drunk his first blood ^^ but from a glass XD

Good to know I'm not the only one who loled on that xD

Meh, I don't feel sad or anything for Masao. Why can't he just die and stay in his coffin >:|

Gah, the wait is killing me.

Aug 21, 2010 12:39 PM

kch33 said:
Somebody please cut off Masao head! xD
Or stake him.

Or both.

Eilonwy said:
I'm liking Shiki even more than HOTD; by far the best summer show so far!

In the middle of this insane Twilight wave, it's so good to watch real vampire stuff! <3
qtf

Aug 21, 2010 1:43 PM

i really liked this episode!! it definitely moved the story along!

i'm a bit bummed masao came back, but just like with everyone else, because he was annoying in the previous ones, but i think this episode shined a more sympathetic light on him which made not be so "ugh." with him.

ALSO SIDE NOTE, i think Toshio is awesome now, because now he's on the right track i can't wait to see how he battles up against the vampires.

also, i really hope megumi gets somekind of comeuppance for Toru's sake man. >/

i wanna read the manga, but i fear i''ll read too far and past the anime episode and i won't enjoy it as quite as i do now, but i know after the anime is over, i'll have a really good read! :D

i look forward to next week's episode for sure!
Modified by lunar_reim, Aug 21, 2010 1:51 PM

Aug 21, 2010 1:54 PM

Jaymie said:

agreed. it definitely gave me a creepy feeling that i did not like. but the artist in me was giggling like a schoolgirl, dying to recreate that style and scene. :D

Aug 21, 2010 3:15 PM

it started off really slow, but now it has become my favorite anime this summer xD

I just hope it doesn't end like in the novel. But well the novel itself is quite different from the manga so...

Pages (4) 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »