Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2010 5:42 PM

Jul 2010
Best episode so far.
I'm crying bitch tears right now. ;___;
Aug 17, 2010 5:43 PM
Feb 2007
I thought they were going to do a ballad. x3; And what about Mugi's Honey Sweet Tea Time? o.o;
Aug 17, 2010 5:46 PM

Aug 2009
;______________________;

This... was amazing...
Aug 17, 2010 6:04 PM
Feb 2007
Hente said:
Amazing episode, made me realize how much I am going to miss K-On when it finishes...
;_____________________________;

;__________; I really can't wait to see this. Even though I'll probably cry like a baby after watching it. *stabs torrent* What's taking you so loooong. DD: T^T
Aug 17, 2010 6:11 PM

Feb 2010
This was such a touching episode :'D 5/5

I have to say I was almost brought to tears...

Just 6 more episodes left D: how time flies
Aug 17, 2010 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
Almost cried....I actually thought this was the last episode T_T
Aug 17, 2010 6:27 PM
Jan 2009
Less talk, more rock.
Aug 17, 2010 6:33 PM

Jun 2010
chinoman said:

also, i thought sogabe-senpai was gonna show up?

Aug 17, 2010 6:41 PM

Jul 2007
;o; i promised my self i wouldnt cry (darn anime crying scenes making me cry xDD)
Aug 17, 2010 6:57 PM

Feb 2010
I'm crying so hard right now...
this whole episode was just amazing, fantastic, just about what K-ON!! needed...
MUSIC. Complete dedication to Music.
I loved every second of this episode. I really appreciate these moments of sheer happiness...
Aug 17, 2010 7:29 PM

Aug 2010
Ahahaha Yui is as clumsy as always.
And why are the song lyrics always so weird 8D
Aug 17, 2010 7:46 PM
Aug 2009
The song lyrics are messed up because it's K-ON! As for the episode, great as always. To the person who posted the parents, that's kind of a spoiler for an episode (hopefully) in the next few weeks (if they follow the manga arc). I really hope they follow the manga arc for the last 6 episodes because it would be too funny if they did, and I don't want K-ON! to end of filler material :(.
Aug 17, 2010 7:55 PM

Mar 2010
Ahhh!! the episode was amazing!
Damn It got my eyes all watery. btw Yui was sooo cute. :)
I don't want it to end...but sadly it will. :'(
Hope these last six episodes are just as awesome as this one.
Aug 17, 2010 8:11 PM

Apr 2010
Great episode very touching.
This makes me wonder tho will Azusa find new members next year for the club?
They played U & I last which was predictable yet great concert ending.

I also realized there only 6 episodes left, i want more!!
Aug 17, 2010 8:21 PM

Feb 2010
an okay episode.

though the crying in the end did touch me a little ;__; You&I is a better song and the lyrics arent so random as the first song lol xD
Aug 17, 2010 8:58 PM

May 2010
omg this episode felts like its the last one...
mugi its okay dont worry about it... you just made me like you more ;P
really saddening and tear jerking..
great ep.. but mugi song wasn't on it. still 5/5 gonna be 5.5/5 if there was

~Nyaaa~

Aug 17, 2010 9:00 PM

Aug 2009
U&I is just....*sniff*

What a fantastic episode. It really hit on everything that I like about the show. Fun music, girls being cute and even the occasional emotional spell.

I wondered after I had finished this episode "What if the entire show was just like this?" I mean, honestly, what if the show was really about these five girls attempting to seriously create a rock band and go through what it takes to get to the top, instead of five girls creating a rock band and totally having slice-of-life adventures along the way (nothing wrong with that of course, I have watched the series this far after all). I mean, I guess it could have gotten too "real" but episodes like this and the special at the live house made me think that there could be a lot more interesting stuff that could be put in the show.

I love whenever Mio said anything the crowd would be all "KYAAAAARIGE)#@#)UF()H(!!!!"
Aug 17, 2010 9:01 PM

Jun 2009
Why most of the songs are related to food? Ahh the ending made me cry.

Aug 17, 2010 9:01 PM

Apr 2008
So touching T-T

Aug 17, 2010 9:25 PM

Jul 2009
I particularly liked this episode, probably because of the amount of music that was put into it.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Aug 17, 2010 9:32 PM
Nov 2009
yun90 said:
Why most of the songs are related to food? Ahh the ending made me cry.

Because Yui always wrote lyrics about food because it is usually on her mind, and since she is the lead singer, I think they tolerate it.

Also if memory serves me, they mentioned in the first season about songs being about food because of instead of practicing in the club room, they were always eating... Basically "we do this a lot so let's make it reflect in our music."

I am fairly certain that some of the food songs are metaphors, but I have not listened to much besides what is in the anime... And even that was a while ago. But the first song was just a song to hype up the crowd... Basically getting the crowd already into the music by making them participate and laugh a little.

PS: I almost forgot, but the episode got a 4.8/5 from me. While I understand the talking was just filler so they did not have to put in more music, it got WAY to lengthy... But good episode none the less. Now here's to hoping they don't fuck up of the remaining 6, and ensure a totally kickass ending.
Aug 17, 2010 9:43 PM

Apr 2009
I'm going to be so depressed when it's over.

I was depressed this whole episode because it felt so much like the last one and I just kept thinking "don't worry there's 6 more after this, don't worry there's 6 more, don't worry ther....unless they lied..... D; "

But great episode over all, I wish K-ON! didn't have to ever end.
Aug 17, 2010 9:52 PM

Jul 2009
I can't believe they were ballsy enough to do an orgy scene.
Aug 17, 2010 10:09 PM

May 2008
Nice ep. SHIKASHI!!!!!!!!! Stupid song is stupid.
Aug 17, 2010 10:11 PM
Dec 2009
HTT FOREVER.
Actually got emotional in the end, probably one of the best happiest emotional feeling I’ve gotten in an anime. They’re high school days ended so fast, such memorable memories. Feels like the last episode through those last few minutes.
tag©.androgynous
Aug 17, 2010 10:47 PM

Feb 2008
one of the best episodes in the series PERIOD
Aug 17, 2010 11:06 PM

Dec 2009
Great, a concert episode, I was wondering why they didn't plat "Honey Sweet Tea Time", and I got a little agitated having to hear more talking than singing.

I was cry at the same time they were, its so sad that it'll all be over soon
Love & Piece

Aug 17, 2010 11:24 PM

Aug 2009
Absolutely epic episode. Yes, I felt there was too much talking, but it was still epic. That Gohan song took me by surprise, but I laughed so much XDDDDDD Gotta love the lyrics.

The beginning was hilarious... Ritsu writing so many 'hito hito hito hito' on Mio's hand...and in romanji, hiragana, katakana and kanji too.....*laughs

"It's Onee-chan!" said Ui. Does that mean they won't really formally introduce the Hirasawas later? This episode proved Ui is 100% siscon

I was kinda disappointed there wasn't "Honey Sweet Tea Time" or "Strawberry Parfait" from the first ep or even "Kirin rinrin", the song Mio made...

I instantly fell in love with "U&I". Maybe it was the mood, or maybe it was because Yui said "I'd love to play more songs but our time was up..." I had tears in my eyes.

And then at the end, when the five of them were talking about what they were going to do after this live, and slowly broke into tears... I broke into tears too

;_____________________________________________;

Next episode seemed like a filler - but at least it appears to be a funny one. Hope it lifts my spirit >_<

Aug 17, 2010 11:26 PM

Aug 2008
I had a feeling I was gonna love "U & I", they sure can come up with some weird songs though. When I heard about people balling on Twitter and heard the word Lycopene I knew I couldn't wait until the weekend to see this episode. I don't even wanna think about the end, especially not after a great episode like this one.

]
Aug 17, 2010 11:31 PM

Jan 2010
my favorite song in this episode was U & I. it really portrays yui's feelings for her sister.
Aug 18, 2010 12:06 AM

Sep 2009
Great episode...there was a lot of talking though lol. I'm really interested in seeing where this is going to go now.
Aug 18, 2010 12:27 AM
Jan 2010
I know I'm in the minority here, but this episode was boring.

I watch K-On!! for the gags, and this one had next to none. The main underlying plot behind K-On!! just barely ties everything together, but I enjoy this show more when it's funny.

The next episode has hope though!!! Yui looks like she will be her usual semi-dumb self, which means lots of funny I hope.
Aug 18, 2010 12:34 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was so AWESOME! It really brought out the K-On! in me. I cried in this episode as well towards the end. Just thinking of them really brings out the true meaning of friendship (that's just me though) . I don't think I'll ever meet another anime series like this in my whole life! The new songs were great as well, I absolutely loved them.

K-On!! forever!!!! *raises hand high*
Aug 18, 2010 12:44 AM

May 2009
RJay said:
I know I'm in the minority here, but this episode was boring.

I watch K-On!! for the gags, and this one had next to none. The main underlying plot behind K-On!! just barely ties everything together, but I enjoy this show more when it's funny.

The core of the show is slice of life/coming of age. The comedy aspect comes second, the music third. Shows like this will always have a moment of drama, as it fits with the girls having to leave behind sweet memories of playing or just simply being together like this and move on with their lives.

Anyway, I loved this episode. I think people got a bit confused over Mugi's song, which, iirc, was merely a musical score, not a full song with lyrics. it's possible they did use it, but that they used Yui's lyrics for it.

I would've liked to see Strawberry Parfait, but I consider this a fan teaser more than an actual song they wrote. And I am glad they didn't use Mio's songs. She had her time in the spotlight with Pure Pure Heart, but Yui is officially the band's lead singer and thus, it makes sense that her songs take priority.

And I guess it's official: Fuwa Fuwa Time is this band's fan favorite song, the one song they have to play at practically every gig they do to please their fans.

This would've made a good final episode, but considering there's more to come, I think it's gonna be hard to top this. One thing is for sure: I'll miss this show when it finally ends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2010 12:51 AM

Aug 2009
I loved this episode ^^ Mugi's so funny, inviting random ppl to their club room to drink tea XD

Almost cried at the end when they were all "sweating"... Somewhat disappointed to not be able to hear Mugi's song, but im sure theyll release them anyway. U&I was awesome!

Cant wait for next episode. I wish K-On wudnt end so soon.
Aug 18, 2010 12:52 AM
Dec 2008
I loved this episode i wish they could stay a band after school you know like getting signed to a record label :)
Aug 18, 2010 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome! I've finally learnt exactly how far to skip to miss the OP : D

If I ever went to a perfomance carried out like this. I'd want my money back. Even if it happened to be free. Compensation for the lost time thank you.
And no, Azu-nyan, you're wrong. Yui isn't even a tiny bit reliable.
Well then.
The fuck? What was that? Trying to stir up emotions now, are we?

...Oh well, at least new music. Finally.
Derp song was derp though. Too much Yui singing D:<
The last song sounded a lot better though, since Yui's voice wasn't as apparant in it.

Tl;dr the only highlight in this episode was probably the last song. And the ED of course, as always. And the fact that Azu-nyan was still composed enough to not cry. Seriously, the rest of the bunch looked.. Dumb.
And I've gotten tired of Fuwa Fuwa Time already =3=
OosranAug 18, 2010 12:56 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 18, 2010 1:14 AM

Jun 2010
So, who else cried during this episode?

I know I did. Many tears. ;______;
Aug 18, 2010 1:41 AM
Dec 2008
Nyr said:
So, who else cried during this episode?

I know I did. Many tears. ;______;

haha i feel you seein them cry almost made me
Aug 18, 2010 2:11 AM

Feb 2010
This was the best K-ON!! episode yet. Fact.

Aug 18, 2010 2:26 AM

Jul 2010
Definately one of if not the best ep of K-ON I've seen. two new songs, even if one is a little... food orientated, and very nice and emotional. I welled up at the end and when Yui said that they were out of time.
Aug 18, 2010 3:03 AM
May 2008
The warm down after the concert really swept me away. I remember focusing on the dialogue during the scene and went along with it because I thought maybe they had made a mistake when they were talking about another concert and recruitment plan. It kind of hit me hard when the chime kicked in and I realised they were all crying. Such a moving scene. T-T
Aug 18, 2010 3:10 AM

May 2008
Azusa is like the most mature , but it was a great episode i love the last song

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 18, 2010 3:13 AM
Jun 2010
Weekly pic dump
Aug 18, 2010 3:24 AM

Feb 2010
finally some music took long enough....
Aug 18, 2010 3:32 AM

Jan 2010
I loved every second of this episode .. I like the U&I its so great .. I almost cried when they're discuss what do they do next... I dont want to see them break up .. :(

HTT Forever!!
Aug 18, 2010 5:04 AM
Jul 2008
Way too much talking between the songs and only U & I was okey. However I never want the band to break up!
Aug 18, 2010 5:35 AM

Nov 2009
I was too bubbly and happy throughout this episode i sickened myself, but it is nice to be like that for once. Usually i am expressionless while watching anime.

Indeed way too much talking inbetween, i would of actually liked to heard the full version of U & I but oh well. Fist one in a while i think i might really like.

I had to suppress watery eyes at the end there. I got work and the last thing i need is to appear red eyed from crying =P
Aug 18, 2010 5:41 AM

Oct 2009
One of the best episodes of the series. The talking between the songs went on too long though.

The ending was too much for me, I started crying straight away :|

Aug 18, 2010 5:43 AM

Mar 2009
It was a long wait but so worth it!

T______T

Fantastic episode, from beginning to end.

WTF? Why is Azunyan the voice of reason, she's the one who's gonna be left alone.
(Jun-chan did say she would join next year!)

I will be sad when this is finished, maybe we'll get some full episode OVAs or a Movie or something?

But, I read that the manga was ending soon, so who knows?

Urahara Out!!
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - Jun 1, 2010

171 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Today, 12:55 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Feka - May 25, 2010

148 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 22, 2:34 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Feka - May 18, 2010

196 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 19, 12:11 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - May 11, 2010

163 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 3:17 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - May 4, 2010

192 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 16, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.