3It was OK
19.1%
2Disliked it
3.2%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.3
94 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 14, 2010 2:16 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode. The beginning is the only time I didn't want the assist droids to be there....
Aug 15, 2010 4:33 AM
Jun 2008
The demonstration of ammunition replenish
that is all.
Aug 16, 2010 5:59 AM

Sep 2007
The assist droid are so cute.
Why you don't want them ? :'(
Snif, anyways, good episode.
Aug 16, 2010 7:02 AM

Apr 2009
Fuuuuu! What happened to my Eris in heat raping Kio?!?!?!!
This is the first time I have ever seen an A&W in an anime... Guess there really is a first for everything isn't there?
Aug 16, 2010 9:50 AM

Feb 2010
that was really a boring episode :(
Aug 16, 2010 11:49 AM

Apr 2010
Seems Eris mating season will be over for a while wonder what will happen next when she gets it again.
Manami was a fool for forgetting she was talking to a computer, still she won some points with that behavior.
Still rooting for Aoi tho.

And that virtual reality room seemed awesome, could even simulate a partner.
Aug 16, 2010 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
Aversa said:
Seems Eris mating season will be over for a while wonder what will happen next when she gets it again.
Manami was a fool for forgetting she was talking to a computer, still she won some points with that behavior.
Still rooting for Aoi tho.

And that virtual reality room seemed awesome, could even simulate a partner.

+1
Not so sure for who I'm rooting anymore though.

About the virtual room, well, after the "the final frontier" thing in the beginning of one of the previous episodes, I think it's becoming obvious that the authors are Star Trek fans~
Aug 16, 2010 1:28 PM

Feb 2010
Kind of a slow episode...

The best part was the VR room with all the guns @_@

Looks like the next episode is the beach ;D
Aug 16, 2010 3:15 PM

Aug 2010
pretty slow episode, but at least we got some character development woot :]
Aug 16, 2010 5:49 PM

Jan 2010
So we get to peek into Manami's psyche, and I like what I saw. I can't tell you how many times I've wished someone would come out and tell a girl that it's her acting tough that drove him away. Even if it was just the virtual reality room projecting her subconscious perception of Kio, it'll get her consciously considering that as a possibility.
ASCItAug 16, 2010 5:55 PM
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Aug 16, 2010 6:29 PM

May 2010
funny ep pure character development

but mating season canceled LOL

the manami part is good
Aug 16, 2010 6:42 PM
Jun 2010
Lol, Eris saying, "Sorry, Kio maybe next time!!" after she took the medication, why does she have to be in heat to bumpity bumpity bump, lol.
Aug 16, 2010 8:00 PM

Nov 2009
Caught a Kage Kara Momuru reference in the episode. Thought I might be one out of the ten people that watched that show.

Aug 16, 2010 8:25 PM

Jan 2010
Nice episode, the Manami part was good, but I still prefer Aoi.
Aug 16, 2010 10:19 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah Manami's episode!!!
Aug 16, 2010 10:49 PM
Aug 2009
lol at eris' heat ending by pill form. I don't get why they didn't just throw her in the virtual simulator for 20 minutes :P. Decent episode overall, character development is always a good thing.
Aug 16, 2010 11:01 PM

Aug 2009
not much happened this episode apart from that the Catia have nifty gadgets...love the beginning though

pity she didn't get her wish though
Aug 16, 2010 11:39 PM

Aug 2010
TensaiShonen said:
not much happened this episode apart from that the Catia have nifty gadgets...love the beginning though

pity she didn't get her wish though

Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Aug 17, 2010 12:12 AM

Aug 2009
Nice episode, but I was annoyed with Manami's blatant lack of trigger discipline, so much so that I almost didn't notice that she had a loaded gun at a restaurant. I thought she'd know better, but then again she doesn't have the formal training like Aoi.

I'm kinda torn between rooting for Aoi and Manami now. Eris is cute and all, but her lack of reasoning for liking Kio besides the "first contact" point and him being the only male in the vicinity during her mating season is working against her.
Ha-cha!
Aug 17, 2010 2:10 AM

Sep 2009
I think a lot of guys would love to be in Kio's place while Eris is in mating season. Also, that virtual reality room is pretty much everyone's fantasy...

Anyways, good episode for Manami. Can't wait for an episode dedicated to Aoi.
Aug 17, 2010 2:20 AM

Jul 2010
Haha, Eris going all out after she hears the words "virgin tape". Same for the "love romance" part xD

Manami throwing all her feelings out against a virtual Kio, was also good. Shame for Manami it's not an exact copy of what the real Kio thinks. Well see how that's gonna turn out! I'm aslo kinda torn between rooting for Aoi or Manami now. =/

Also;

Welp, no mating season for Kio.
OnyxthegreatAug 18, 2010 10:47 AM

Aug 17, 2010 3:57 AM

Nov 2008
They make rather a large deal of the first mating season.. the 16th year etc.. then just cancel it and tell her "down the hatch with the pills!" ...uh ... ok?

Good Manami inner look see though , a nice development episode
Aug 17, 2010 4:03 AM

Jul 2008
A&W is officially promoted? I haven't seen their logo since they closed their branch in a mall (only one branch left iirc)
Aug 17, 2010 4:12 AM

May 2008
A pretty good episode for Manami, a fake Kio that loves Manami haha =)

Oh and anyone noticed Kage Kara Mamoru characters? :DD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 17, 2010 4:25 AM

Nov 2009
DavetheZombie said:
Caught a Kage Kara Momuru reference in the episode. Thought I might be one out of the ten people that watched that show.

Same directors? If it is true, they choose a better show to make this time. Edit: Nope.

So i think i hate Eris. Or rather am not rooting for her at all since the other two are such better characters. I mean kick ass or typical shounen alien?

Minami's virtual was pretty powerful actually, but then i did a frustrated face palm when they said it was their on perception. A face palm at myself for getting worked up over it =P
helurAug 17, 2010 4:30 AM
Aug 17, 2010 7:21 AM

Apr 2008
this is going in the wrong direction x_x

Aug 17, 2010 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
Stupid Kio for being Kio. Stupid higher-ups for suddenly cancelling Eris's 1st mating season(wasn't it such a big deal eariel?).

Oh, and Chaika~. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 17, 2010 12:59 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Why the hell would he call a cassette, "virgin tape"? He seriously did that on purpose.
Aug 17, 2010 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
OrochiPL said:
Stupid Kio for being Kio. Stupid higher-ups for suddenly cancelling Eris's 1st mating season(wasn't it such a big deal eariel?).

Ya that was my earlier point , it was this huge big deal.. then they 'canceled' it like "hey we can just see the movie next weeK" ... right.. lol (unless it somehow doesnt work , and if it does the series just takes another direction?)
Aug 17, 2010 5:06 PM
Apr 2010
i like this ep it had a good reason to exist
i really hope the male lead wont hold everyone back, wont be super dense, wont a looser
honestly if eris threw herself at any sane guy i think they would have sex with her
i dont like how anime shows guys dont want to have sex its really not realistic all a guy thinks from at 12 till he dies is about sex...
i mean eris is suppose to be a bishojo if she was real no one who wasnt gay would turn her down idk why anime is like this it doesnt have to turn into hentai they can just have a not show sex seen like they did in Rumbling Hearts
are japanese just really that reserved i doubt it
maybe Kio is a fag...
girlsdeadmonsterAug 17, 2010 5:10 PM
Aug 17, 2010 5:31 PM

Jun 2009
sirwence said:
OrochiPL said:

Ya that was my earlier point , it was this huge big deal.. then they 'canceled' it like "hey we can just see the movie next weeK" ... right.. lol (unless it somehow doesnt work , and if it does the series just takes another direction?)
Sorry mate, i was too lazy to read eariel posts this time. ^^" Also, Chaika said that they used that virtual-something to "get their desires sorted out" when they don't have a partner for 1st mating season. So why pills from nowhere so suddenly?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 17, 2010 6:34 PM

Jul 2008
too bad for both of them, mating season is cancelled =(
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 17, 2010 7:23 PM

Apr 2010
LightningRamiel said:
Nice episode, but I was annoyed with Manami's blatant lack of trigger discipline, so much so that I almost didn't notice that she had a loaded gun at a restaurant. I thought she'd know better, but then again she doesn't have the formal training like Aoi.

lol...that also bothered me...Aoi acted like it was no big deal even when she had a loaded gun pointing at both Kio and her at times...hmmm...Every gun teacher tells you to never point a gun at anyone (you don't intend to shoot) even if it's unloaded...of course if you're pointing guns around in a restaurant don't you think someone would notice... The episode was decent nonetheless
Aug 17, 2010 8:22 PM

Aug 2010
furrydan2 said:
LightningRamiel said:

lol...that also bothered me...Aoi acted like it was no big deal even when she had a loaded gun pointing at both Kio and her at times...hmmm...Every gun teacher tells you to never point a gun at anyone (you don't intend to shoot) even if it's unloaded...of course if you're pointing guns around in a restaurant don't you think someone would notice... The episode was decent nonetheless

True, but in Asobi ni Iku Yo! world it's okay to mess around with guns (I guess, I mean people seem to accept the fact that aliens had landed).

Great episode, liked the character developement with Manami.
Aug 17, 2010 9:32 PM
Feb 2009
aww no mating season :(
Aug 18, 2010 4:53 AM

Jan 2010
It was an OK episode for me .. Eris' mating season is cancelled xD
Aug 18, 2010 7:53 AM

Feb 2009
started slow but turned out decent, the Minami segments were quite moving.
Aug 18, 2010 9:39 AM
Nov 2007
Good episode imo, great chara development, but disappointed with those "censor-droid".
Also curios about those catia using that virtual to spent 'ahem-ahem' their mating season.
It must be some sort of "private masturbation room" *_*

As for Manami, love her development there, and her gun enthusiasm. She sure know to pick BIG GUN.
Aug 18, 2010 9:46 AM

Feb 2009
I want to be the one to open up Eris' virgin tape =3333.

Those assist droids at the start ruined the fun (X _ X)

Wish they would show what those catgirls do in that virtual room during their mating season. I want to go in there too -3-

And now I fully root for Manami with this episode. Childhood friends almost always don't win in a romance story. But Manami, Aoi and Eris kinda deserve more than than normal Kio. Someone...like me. j/k xD

So what, obligatory beach episode next time? Notsureifwant.jpg but if all the girls are there then dowant.png
Aug 18, 2010 10:15 AM

Jun 2009
belatkuro said:
I want to be the one to open up Eris' virgin tape =3333.
Try using monitor...

belatkuro said:

Wish they would show what those catgirls do in that virtual room during their mating season. I want to go in there too -3-
Yeah, i wanna see Chaika... <3

belatkuro said:
But Manami, Aoi and Eris kinda deserve more than than normal Kio. Someone...like me. j/k xD
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 18, 2010 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
DavetheZombie said:

lol that show sorta annoyed me caus emain girls was 10 times more clueless than normal
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2010 1:10 PM

Sep 2009
OrochiPL said:
belatkuro said:

Yeah, i wanna see Chaika... <3]
I personally think Chaika is the best looking of the aliens. Next is probably Eris (even though some people don't seem to like her that much). My overall favorite in this show would have to Aoi....something about that fair skin, long black hair and glasses.
Aug 18, 2010 8:29 PM

May 2009
flame_master_14 said:
So we get to peek into Manami's psyche, and I like what I saw. I can't tell you how many times I've wished someone would come out and tell a girl that it's her acting tough that drove him away. Even if it was just the virtual reality room projecting her subconscious perception of Kio, it'll get her consciously considering that as a possibility.

This is what made the episode for me. The virtual reality chamber could've easily been nothing but a springboard for gags (which wouldn't have necessarily been a bad thing). Instead, it produced something more substantive. I'm glad this series has devoted some much time to Manami and Aoi as I've found them to be far more interesting than Kio and Eris. On the topic of Eris, I'm relieved that her mating season has come to an end. The "virgin tape" part was hilarious though.
Aug 19, 2010 1:53 AM

Nov 2008
Coming up next week?
You can't have a harem anime with out a trip to either the beach or pool....
Aug 19, 2010 6:00 PM

Jul 2008
DavetheZombie said:

I have no idea why they would want to reference Kage Kara Mamoru? That show was so lolz.
Aug 19, 2010 6:34 PM

Nov 2007
Papa_G said:
Coming up next week?
You can't have a harem anime with out a trip to either the beach or pool....

and the hotspring

not bad ep, I want a mating season with minami, was nice getting to see more of her. I still like Aoi too but Eris is just meeeeh. I don't like the wimpy /girlish main characters much though. this guy isn't too bad but .... how could he turn down mating season?!
Aug 19, 2010 11:28 PM

Apr 2009
this ep along with the previous ones showed that
Aoi > or = Manami >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eris..

may Kio choose Eris and leave the Catia Angels to us..
Aug 20, 2010 1:20 AM
Jul 2009
All this talk about virgin tapes LOL

Onyxthegreat said:
Haha, Eris going all out after she hears the words "virgin tape". Same for the "love romance" part xD

Manami throwing all her feelings out against a virtual Kio, was also good. Shame for Manami it's not an exact copy of what the real Kio thinks. Well see how that's gonna turn out! I'm aslo kinda torn between rooting for Aoi or Manami now. =/

Also;

Welp, no mating season for Kio.

I lol'd a bit. Like the development.

saxophone15 said:
My overall favorite in this show would have to Aoi....something about that fair skin, long black hair and glasses.

Definitely the glasses and long hair combo.

I no longer definitively know which character I like better, Aoi or Manami....

We're only half way but I'm already thinking about a sequel. I really like the light-hearted nature, comedy, and style of this anime.
Aug 20, 2010 3:10 AM

Jan 2009
Basically, all that happened in this episode was some random stuff, Chaika getting more air time and Manami getting unnecessary development? >.>
Well at least I approve of more Chaika : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 20, 2010 3:59 AM

Dec 2009
DavetheZombie said:

Oh, yeah. I've seen Mamoru and Yuna too. Good appearence.

About 6th:
Nothing changed. I still think Nanami is boring, Eris is horrible and Aoi is pretty. So next one, please.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2010

166 by xLazuline »»
May 28, 2023 1:53 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShinRA - Sep 4, 2010

95 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 7, 2010

81 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 26, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 28, 2010

65 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 2, 2023 11:31 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 24, 2010

100 by CEOofLala »»
Sep 7, 2022 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.