MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Medaka Box Chapter 55 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Medaka Box »» Medaka Box Chapter 55 Discussion

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
View Poll Results: Medaka Box Chapter 55 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

14 82.35%
4 out of 5: Liked it

2 11.76%
3 out of 5: It was OK

0.00%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 5.88%
Voters: 17

11-27-11, 6:57 PM

that guy she nearly killed....

02-24-12, 3:05 PM

OH GOD YES! FINALLY!

Kumagawa is the Reason why I'm start with this Manga. So I'm pretty excited now. ~ ♪

11-19-12, 3:33 AM

Bloody Hell.

Kumagawa appears!

He looks so innocent.

Huh? Class: -13?

06-18-14, 6:50 AM

Finally done with the [manga version] of the second arc & it was okay-ish. I'm thinking I'd rank it a 5/10 maybe a 6/10. I know most of my comments in these threads have been positive, highlighting the stuff that I liked or laugh at but there was a lot of stuff I had issues with. Namely, the main villain, much like Unzen of the last arc, was garbage. Completing uninteresting characters that fail to make any lasting impression on me. The supporting cast of villains wasn't much better either. Several of them had a fun quirk about them but none of them holster much depth or any compelling qualities (with the possible exception of Yukuhashi & the reflex guy). The first two firsts against the Flask Plan members (reflex & Munakata) were enjoyable, particularly the latter. Yukuhashi's was good too, the rest didn't really do anything for me outside of the relationship aspect of Zenkichi & Medaka's, which I liked enough that it might've been my favorite. I also felt the lack of any dramatic tension.

Other notes; the plotting of this arc was bare bones as hell; Maguro is a great addition to the cast; I do rather like a lot of the abnormalities showcased here, good variety & finally, I just flat out preferred the previous arc to this. I know eventually I'm glad for the battle shonen turn but at this point it's potential hasn't been realized.

Kumagawa's official appearance is definitely a watershed moment for the series thankfully. I haven't read anything past the Minus arc (which is what we're transitioned into here) but this is when the series picks up & stops being something of a guilty pleasure for me. Pretty much all my complaints are addressed here & everything I liked about this one stays. The Minus arc is one of my favorite arcs I've ever read (somewhere in the top ten) & the reason for that is crystal clear . . . Kumagawa. Probably the prime example of a character saving a series.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices