MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Anime similar to Fairy Tail
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Anime similar to Fairy Tail

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
08-13-10, 10:03 AM

Looking for a fun action/adventure/comedy anime. Anything with loveable chars and good story will do...

08-13-10, 10:05 AM
Forum Moderator
Grove Adventure Rave
MAR
Have a question about something on mal? http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516059
See a problem? report it! http://myanimelist.net/modules.php?go=report

08-13-10, 10:17 AM

One Piece

08-13-10, 10:20 AM

supersayen said:
One Piece

I have heard this comparison quite alot.... I have been thinking about checking out One Piece, but the sloppy character design kinda throws me off. I find myself wondering if it's worth to look past the *sorry for the OP fans* crappy animation. My friend says it's as epic or even more epic than Fairy Tail, but I dunno X.x

08-13-10, 10:23 AM

The animation is better later on and yes it's more epic than Fairy Tail and I've only watched 120 episodes, apparently it gets even better after that.

08-13-10, 10:25 AM

I was never really bothered by the animation in OP :/ and I saw the 4kids dubs, but OP >>> FT, by a lot, imo.
Other than that, Groove Adventure Rave too, though I recommend the manga seeing as it's longer and complete.
Dragonball is a nice choice too.
Kyou kara Maou! is a nice one as well, I liked that. It's alternative universe jumping and comedy.

08-13-10, 10:30 AM

supersayen said:
The animation is better later on and yes it's more epic than Fairy Tail and I've only watched 120 episodes, apparently it gets even better after that.

Ok after I'm done with Blood+, I guess I will check it out. Anymore epic adventure animes I should know of? I checked some reviews of Groove Adventure Rave but I don't think I will like it.

08-13-10, 10:56 AM

One Piece is a lot like Fairy Tale, but you've already heard that : p You could try Soul Eater, though! It is really funny, lots of epic battles and lots of lovable characters, just like Fairy Tale : D And I think the drawing and animation style is quite alike.

08-13-10, 1:35 PM

someguy112 said:
supersayen said:
One Piece

I have heard this comparison quite alot.... I have been thinking about checking out One Piece, but the sloppy character design kinda throws me off. I find myself wondering if it's worth to look past the *sorry for the OP fans* crappy animation. My friend says it's as epic or even more epic than Fairy Tail, but I dunno X.x

My thing exactly. Animation is not the problem, the art itself is quite ugly. (People tend to mix art and animation).
Anyway, you get used to OP's art soon enough, and characters are wonderful, a lot better then ones in FT.
But there's no magic & stuff like that in OP, so I dunno how similar really is it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

08-13-10, 2:28 PM

What do you mean there's no magic ? There's THAT guy who can use fire like Natsu xD

08-13-10, 4:06 PM

Like everybody here said, watch One Piece. The art may look ugly at first, but you get used to it after awhile. P:

Seconding Rave and Soul Eater too.

08-13-10, 9:31 PM

Dude, one piece is worth a try, A friend of mine has been constantly insisting me to watch this one years ago (2002), and I finally gave it a chance this year. It's an awesome experience! Get one piece right this very moment. I'm dead serious.

08-13-10, 9:48 PM

someguy112 said:
supersayen said:

Ok after I'm done with Blood+, I guess I will check it out. Anymore epic adventure animes I should know of? I checked some reviews of Groove Adventure Rave but I don't think I will like it.
As everyone has been saying One Piece is what you're looking for. I hated just about everything about One Piece, but it grew on me and I love it now (including art and character designs). I'm really picky about that kind of stuff too.

Another show that has an "epic" adventure feel is Outlaw Star. It's a bit older but has aged very well. Lots of cool stuff in this series. Kind of like a non-shounen One Piece for an older audience.

I know more good adventure anime but I wouldn't really consider them as "epic".

08-14-10, 12:51 AM

SnG said:
someguy112 said:
supersayen said:
One Piece

My thing exactly. Animation is not the problem, the art itself is quite ugly. (People tend to mix art and animation).
Anyway, you get used to OP's art soon enough, and characters are wonderful, a lot better then ones in FT.
But there's no magic & stuff like that in OP, so I dunno how similar really is it.

Well, my bad... Anyway I don't watch Fairy Tail cause it has magic, don't worry I'm not some weird wizard dude who only plays games with wizards and watches Harry Potter. It's just theres something about Fairy Tail, I can't explain it but I just want more. And due to popular demand I will give One Piece a chance!

08-14-10, 5:00 PM

gif taken from monkey_d_luffy's profile:

the animation will surpass Fairy Tail as you can see here lol

08-14-10, 9:01 PM

one piece and fairy has got some similarity in animation style that's because both oda an shinji where on the same art school as what i've heard

08-14-10, 11:23 PM

supersayen said:

Well then they should do a HD remake of the early episodes XD

08-14-10, 11:42 PM

someguy112 said:
supersayen said:

Well then they should do a HD remake of the early episodes XD

Why not go read the manga if you don't want to watch the anime? Seeing as you have Fairy Tail, Naruto and Bleach in your favorites for manga, it's absolutely criminal you have yet to read One Piece.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Every time you recommend Sword Art Online, a baby seal gets clubbed.

08-15-10, 1:54 AM

the animation is crappy cause it started in 1998-1999 -_-
wasn't that obvious ?

08-15-10, 5:47 AM

Splitter said:

Why not go read the manga if you don't want to watch the anime? Seeing as you have Fairy Tail, Naruto and Bleach in your favorites for manga, it's absolutely criminal you have yet to read One Piece.

It's because I don't read alot of manga and I'd rather watch anime. I have read a couple of series but at the moment the only manga series I follow are the 3 in my favourites, that doesn't mean I actually like them the most xD. (Although I do love Fairy Tail :3 )

And smokes, there are animes from that time with better art style too, not that it's anything bad that the art style was crappy. Just that it turns off some people, like me. Who are graphics freaks with games and art quality freaks with animes XD

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices