Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2010 9:31 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I guess Tuxedo mask can do more than throwing roses.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 27, 2011 7:24 AM
Nov 2010
Tuxedo Mask left a nice item.
Jun 24, 2011 9:22 PM
Apr 2010
we find out that mamoru chiba is tuxedo mask, and usagi receives a locket.

cutest luna ever!

and plenty of funny faces :)
Aug 17, 2011 2:57 PM

Sep 2008
Bwahaha, I love how Tuxedo Mask just smiled and ran away with the crystal with Usagi admiring him leading to Luna's crying disappointment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2011 1:34 PM

Jun 2009
I pretty sure it was beyond obvious that Mamoru is Tuxedo Mask. But, I agree that the scene Hawthorne mentioned was priceless.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 7, 2012 1:18 AM

Jun 2010
What a nice episode. Chiba knows that he's Tuxedo Mask and Naru isn't into old guys any more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2013 10:46 AM

May 2012
I loved this episode! The cute little Sailor Moon theme tune at the end made me all happy and stuff.
Feb 26, 2013 4:14 AM

Nov 2012
i still hate tuxedo mask tho
Mar 10, 2013 3:17 AM

Nov 2011
All this and no mention of freaking BOXSY?
May 17, 2013 10:30 AM

Feb 2008
Nice wordplay. Even funnier since it was a foreigner. Wonder if Mamoru only remembered that he's Tuxedo Mask, or everything?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 24, 2013 6:06 AM
Mar 2011
Blue_Monday said:

This! Boxsy was seriously the best part of this episode --

"I AM A CHAMPION! LOVELY PUNCH!"

I just lost it...
Feb 8, 2014 3:26 PM
Mar 2013
The discussion about leadership felt out of place. The funny thing is that none of the scouts are actually cut for being a leader.

Rei is still to competitive and immature. Amy is too shy and lacks confidence to stick with a decision. And we don't know enough about Makoto except that she punches first and asks questions later.

With that all in mind, it seems there's no better choice than Serena since Luna can't do the job.

On another note, it was funny to see Tuxedo Mask do a hit and run with the yellow rainbow crystal. That was a huge fail on Zoicite's parth.
Mar 3, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2012
Goddamit I laughed so hard the whole time at the Boxing monster.
Mar 23, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2007
I'm happy Tuxedo Mask finally realized who he was.
I seriously do not remember a lot from the first half of the first season, so a lot of this is new to me.

Apr 26, 2014 5:49 AM

Apr 2012
coconutberry said:
Blue_Monday said:

I just lost it...

Don't worry, he's my favorite monster from now on.
I AM A CHAMPION!!!! TRIPLE PUNCH!!!!!!!!!

How a priest got turned into a boxer monster is beyond me.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 12, 2014 11:06 PM

Jan 2011
It's better to just forget about it when anything to do with priests or nuns enters into an anime, most of the time it just doesn't make theological or liturgical sense. Nice to see that Mamoru is now certain of his other identity and Naru has found a heroic replacement for her lost love.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 11, 2014 3:35 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not sure Boxsy wasn't a mass fever dream. LOVELY PUNCH!!
on my way to steal yo girl
Jul 29, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
Anitnelav said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I guess Tuxedo mask can do more than throwing roses.

This. Oh, and I was hoping the locket gave Serena more of a reaction than that. Like,

Nov 11, 2014 9:28 AM
Apr 2013
coconutberry said:
Blue_Monday said:

I just lost it...

More like "I AM A CHAMPIONG! RABRY PANCH!!" xD
May 22, 2015 3:07 AM

Feb 2010
Kotori_Sonoda said:

I have an idea here. The second crystal is also an orange one, and orange is a clear reference for the Western world, hence the Christian priest (the western religion for Japanese, also related to the number "2") and boxing as the western sportMA. Perhaps there are more reasons for that, but those are the most obvious to me.
The first crystal was Red as the number 1 of the 7 rainbow colours, and the third will be yellow, hope it's not a spoiler :) I wonder why it was an arcade monster for the red one, though. Perhaps it's because you strive to be the first and beat the game, the score, hence number 1 and red is often associated with the number 1 and the first place...
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jul 29, 2015 5:21 AM

Jul 2013
Well that's one Yoma that stayed evil after transforming to a human. Otherwise he wouldn't have become Christian priest.
Oct 12, 2015 11:15 PM

Jan 2014
kool o.o
Jun 6, 2017 10:31 AM

Jun 2013
I AM A CHAMPION! LOVELY PUNCH!

heck yeah

KhaliaRose said:
we find out that mamoru chiba is tuxedo mask

That was revealed a while ago, and it's been obvious from the start. What may have confused you is that Mamoru only realized it now himself.

Abajur said:
Nice episode. I didn't like to see Rei pinching Ami tho, she is so mean.

This. I don't mind if she wants to pinch Usagi but Ami did nothing wrong.

burbels said:
Kotori_Sonoda said:

I have an idea here. The second crystal is also an orange one, and orange is a clear reference for the Western world, hence the Christian priest (the western religion for Japanese, also related to the number "2") and boxing as the western sportMA. Perhaps there are more reasons for that, but those are the most obvious to me.
The first crystal was Red as the number 1 of the 7 rainbow colours, and the third will be yellow, hope it's not a spoiler :) I wonder why it was an arcade monster for the red one, though. Perhaps it's because you strive to be the first and beat the game, the score, hence number 1 and red is often associated with the number 1 and the first place...

That's a great analysis but I think it could be much simpler than that. The first monster was arcade themed because the guy liked hanging out at arcades and get all the plushies. The second monster is a boxer because of how 牧師 (pastor, minister) is pronounced: bokushi, which sounds like the monster's name, Boxy; so it's a pun. I still prefer your interpretation, though.
LeeTailorJun 6, 2017 10:44 AM
May 19, 2018 12:46 AM

Mar 2017
Wtf was up with the Youma in this episode? I think this is the most ridiculous one yet. The entire episode had some rather silly moments, but I liked it! I also loved how Umino saved the day. And did Naru-chan use an already used bandage again? Gross! I know it's supposed to symbolize her moving on, but I am more worried about hygiene.

I like that now the villains have one crystal and Tuxedo Mask has another one. It's going to be interesting to see who will end up gathering future one's and how successful the Sailor Soldiers will be, though I am sure things will work out just fine.

Fun fact: I am always chanting their attack moves and transformation phrases alongside them. But I totally forgot about Usagi's healing wand thingy, and instinctively shouted "Moon Tiara Action". I guess I'd suck as a Sailor Soldier, because I would have straight up murdered that priest instead of reverting him back. :D
Feb 3, 2019 8:14 AM

Jul 2015
Poor Luna is so done with Usagi, she keeps placing all the hopes she has on her xD

Freaking Boxy made me laugh, I feel like Precure especially took inspiration from this type of enemies.
Jul 31, 2019 8:45 PM

Oct 2017
Abajur said:
Nice episode. I didn't like to see Rei pinching Ami tho, she is so mean. D:

This was a very clever transition btw.

I know right! Ami was screwed over by rei it felt so disempowering we already haven't seen too much from ami
May 25, 2020 12:10 AM

May 2020
As a follow-up to the tear-jerking episode 24, this episode deals with Naru's recovery surprisingly well. It opens with some flashbacks therefrom and a strange Mamoru dream sequence. After an entire week of not showing up to class, Usagi starts to wonder if Naru is feeling okay (okay, I'm sure she was wondering about it the whole week, but it took her that long to visit). She brings Umino along who cheers Naru up and later ends up saving her by jumping in from out-of-nowhere. Next we hear Sailor Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Luna discussing the Rainbow Crystals and Usagi's leadership. For some reason Rei still doesn't trust Usagi and protests her being the leader. Ami and Makoto support Usagi, but Ami changes her mind after Rei PINCHES AND TWISTS THE BACK OF HER LEG. Damn! Why? Lmao. But this scene helps little to distinguish Makoto: she's basically a nicer Rei. Even at one point she says something and Rei thinks "That's exactly what I was going to say!"
I still don't understand the point of hiding a super-rare-and-powerful Rainbow Crystal inside in ordinary nameless old pastor (like candy from a baby), but it leads to some really awesome action with Boxii, the second monster. A missed opportunity for Sailor Jupiter to demonstrate her boxing skills, but still awesome. And we get to see a little of what Tuxedo Mask can actually do besides throwing a rose and jumping. The ending is sweet and happy but also sad because now we can really see Usagi starting to grow up and mature <3 :')
4/5
Jonko
Level 3 Human Priest
Chaotic Good
Rogue Treasure-Hunter

Jul 11, 2020 7:37 AM

Aug 2016
Umino with the save on Naru, never knew he had it in him.
Priest becomes a bird boxer huh, makes as much sense as a JoJo evolved power.
Tuxedo Mask steals the crystal and now knows who he is.

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 16, 2021 3:06 PM

Nov 2016
JokerVentura said:
Umino with the save on Naru, never knew he had it in him.
Priest becomes a bird boxer huh, makes as much sense as a JoJo evolved power.
Tuxedo Mask steals the crystal and now knows who he is.

Hahahaha I thought it was hilarious too, but then I realized it was a pun.

Pastor = Bokushi

Boxing = Bokushingu

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 9, 2021 4:42 AM

Aug 2020
I wonder if since Chiba knows he's Tuxedo Mask, he'll realise that Usagi looks like Sailor Moon and figure out they're the same person..? And then I bet they're gonna fall in love x3
Jun 14, 2021 10:38 AM
Oct 2011
HighPriestJonko said:
As a follow-up to the tear-jerking episode 24, this episode deals with Naru's recovery surprisingly well. It opens with some flashbacks therefrom and a strange Mamoru dream sequence. After an entire week of not showing up to class, Usagi starts to wonder if Naru is feeling okay (okay, I'm sure she was wondering about it the whole week, but it took her that long to visit). She brings Umino along who cheers Naru up and later ends up saving her by jumping in from out-of-nowhere. Next we hear Sailor Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Luna discussing the Rainbow Crystals and Usagi's leadership. For some reason Rei still doesn't trust Usagi and protests her being the leader. Ami and Makoto support Usagi, but Ami changes her mind after Rei PINCHES AND TWISTS THE BACK OF HER LEG. Damn! Why? Lmao. But this scene helps little to distinguish Makoto: she's basically a nicer Rei. Even at one point she says something and Rei thinks "That's exactly what I was going to say!"
I still don't understand the point of hiding a super-rare-and-powerful Rainbow Crystal inside in ordinary nameless old pastor (like candy from a baby), but it leads to some really awesome action with Boxii, the second monster. A missed opportunity for Sailor Jupiter to demonstrate her boxing skills, but still awesome. And we get to see a little of what Tuxedo Mask can actually do besides throwing a rose and jumping. The ending is sweet and happy but also sad because now we can really see Usagi starting to grow up and mature <3 :')
4/5
I believe that this is technically filler, in the sense that the rainbow crystals didn't exist in the manga
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 AM

Mar 2020
That engrish lol.

I like that Mamuro had no clue he was tuxedo mask until this episode, but I'm still confused as to how he figured it out. Also, it was nice to see some closure for Naru after everything Nephrite put her through

Feb 15, 2022 1:23 AM
Jul 2015
tuxedo mask = Kaito Kid
Sailor Jupiter = Lambo
🤣
Jan 31, 2023 6:52 PM

Oct 2016
...What?

I kept my expectations low yet I am somehow disappointed. Naru finally got some closure. It sucked but I am happy she is with someone within her age range. Similarly, Mamoru now knows he is Tuxedo Mask! But...It doesn't feeling rewarding.

Honestly, this episode is so bizarre. It felt as if the writers were just tacking on whatever they could to reach the time quota. Basically, it feels important but reads more like a filler episode.
Apr 22, 2023 6:12 PM
Jul 2021
Was it just me or did we have more zany reaction faces this episode than in other ones? Maybe it's a product of this episode technically being filler.
Jul 18, 2023 7:09 AM

Mar 2022
Finally Mamoru knows that he's Tuxedo Mask and all it took was a gemstone to get him to realise this. Glad Naru got some closure in this episode and I didn't realise that Boxi is literally a pun on the Japanese name for Pastor. How interesting. Now he's got one of the rainbow crystals and it's gonna make me wonder how the Sailor Guardians are gonna get the rest of the crystals. Again Boxi was probably the best part of the whole episode for me. "I AM A CHAMPION, LOVING PUNCH!"
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Jul 2017
Boxsy was definitely the highest point of the show, i loved him.
So i think the show is confirming that naru and umino may end up together at the end, i like them as a couple.
Finally tuxedo mask remembered his identity, i wonder what can happen now.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

73 by Neemesis_2 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 44 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 43 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 42 Discussion

star_lit - Dec 31, 2009

34 by Neemesis_2 »»
Yesterday, 3:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.