Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 27, 2010 9:21 AM

Aug 2010
I'm really starting to hate light at this moment. He's one lucky guy who gets thing to go his way when not intended to, like poor Misa being used like that. That smile gives off a bad aura!
Mar 5, 2011 2:21 PM

May 2010
Misa pisses me off.
I don't want them to kill L.
Nov 18, 2011 7:26 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, Kira should go to hell... but I hope that his punishment will be something way worse. Taking advantage of a girl's feelings... And she's giving him the how-to-kill-shinigami too easy...
Apr 8, 2012 4:38 PM
May 22, 2012 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
Dat face...
Aug 1, 2012 6:27 AM

May 2012
Damn epic episode! The ending just amazing they've teamed up :D

And damn she's Kawaii!
Aug 7, 2012 6:19 AM

Feb 2012
I'm surprised that so many people are starting to hate Light. To me it's seemed from the start that he's been an example of how power corrupts people. I'm starting to get annoyed with L though, the way he's portrayed as a genius because he gets it right so often.. yet there often isn't a reason why he should get it right, it's just guesswork. For example in this episode he deduced that since something happened in Aoyama on the 22nd, it's more likely that Light is Kira, as if Kira couldn't have been there on his own to meet the second Kira, and the people surveying the area just didn't notice anything suspicious. He can't know for sure what kind of messages the two Kiras would understand.
Aug 7, 2012 6:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Brilliant episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 16, 2012 4:41 AM

Jan 2012
Another great episode. However, even though I already saw how annoying that girl is, she just keeps surprising me. Her stupidity is beyond something a human can develop lol. Well, atleast Light understands that and will use her as a tool.

Sep 28, 2012 4:50 PM

Nov 2011
I like how we are focusing a antagonist like character rather than the protagonist. Makes things more interesting.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 26, 2012 4:10 PM

Nov 2011
What a strong and independent female character Misa is! /sarcasm

It would have been great if Misa created some competition for Light. Instead, she just gives up all her potential and becomes ridiculous and submissive. Here's to hoping something changes.
Dec 13, 2012 1:32 PM

Jun 2012
L must die.
Jan 3, 2013 11:01 PM

Jan 2012
GET SOME, LIGHT. >:D

Definitely didn't see that coming though. He has Misa deceived, for sure, so it'll be cool to see what happens next.

On a side note, it'll be interesting to see if/how Ryuk and Rem react.
Lemme smang it girl.
Jan 24, 2013 5:06 PM

Oct 2011
Misa is not that bad of a character, and she is definitely not dumb. I hope it turns out to be more than just Light using Misa even if she doesn't mind, it's ok to start by using her, but in the end he should at least be not so cruel towards her. :P

I wonder how it continues now that both Kiras work together without L knowing about it
Mar 28, 2013 7:54 PM

Mar 2013
yargh.. I can't believe how many people actually LIKE Misa! To tell you the

truth, I don't even really like Light. Well, I don't like his ideas but his whole

character development is well done and he's actually smart unlike a lot of

stupid pervy guys. Misa annoys me to no end. She seems so ignorant and she

needs to stop trying so hard to get Light to like her! I think I'd like Misa more if

she came off as a smart independent girl but she just appears to me as a

stupid clingy teenager with raging hormones. I think they tried to hard to make

her dark. Sure, it fits the anime but it just feels off to me, like I don't judge

people who like the things she likes in her room but it just seems like its all too

cliché. Nonetheless I love the anime and I can't stop saying "just one more episode".

L is a great character, i'm always thinkin "yes!! it is Light! DON'T GIVE UP ON HIM AS A SUSPECT!!"

Is it just me or does anyone else see slight similarities between Light and Lelouch from Code Geass? LOL. Both changing the world, one douchebag at a time.
Apr 21, 2013 9:06 AM

Feb 2013
Light looked like a rapist at the last scene. xD

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 8, 2013 3:34 AM

Oct 2012
Misa's clothes a bit weird?
That ending!
Light, that's the evilest things that I can imagine XD

Vindictive said:
L must die.

No, just no :(

Wicked_Glory said:

Definitely didn't see that coming though. He has Misa deceived, for sure, so it'll be cool to see what happens next.

On a side note, it'll be interesting to see if/how Ryuk and Rem react.

Misa let him deceived her, I guess?
They'll hug each other XD
"Signature removed"
May 10, 2013 12:42 PM

May 2013
yagami is such a badass
Jun 29, 2013 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
This is my favorite episode so far...

God I can't wait to finish this.

Jul 22, 2013 5:12 PM

Jun 2013
Gah, this show is crazy.I can barely keep up with it. You know, just when there's a sweet moment (the end of this episode) and I finally grow to somewhat like Light, he starts that evil laugh. And it's gone - I hate him again.
This show is like a roller coaster. I can never be sure who's who. It's just like the TV-show 'Lost' when it comes to the characters.
Also, I think I'm going to like Misa. At first she seemed really stupid and careless. But after this episode, I feel quite the opposite.
Aug 7, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
Yessss now we have a team of DNs (one with eyes and one with intelligence) :D This will be fun to watch indeed.
DarkShards said:
I like how we are focusing a antagonist like character rather than the protagonist. Makes things more interesting.

+1
Aug 18, 2013 8:10 PM

May 2013
light is turning a little to evil
Oct 24, 2013 3:07 PM

Mar 2013
Ahh Ryuk is funny, lying on the bed, "scary"
Mastery through endless repetition.
Nov 23, 2013 6:50 AM

Jul 2013
Poor Misa
Dec 13, 2013 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
xin09 said:
light is turning a little to evil
A little? He became evil when he stopped thinking of a way to stop the FBI agents w/o killing them.

As of the new girl I have my suspicions on her. The only way I'll loose my suspicions on her would be for her to say how a Shinigami can die. Even then as L would say my suspicions would be 10% if she says the truth. But currently ~68% or ~78% on she trying to gain something for herself.

Edit: After thought... Finding out L's real name is now the easiest of all. All Light has to do is to tell Misa that he will introduce her to L as his girlfriend. Thus all they have to do is to get Misa to see or meet L.
ao_no_exoDec 13, 2013 5:12 PM
Dec 21, 2013 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
I got chills when Light hugged her and the Kyrie OST came on and the way he was just manipulating the shit out of her, and that grin at the end. Light is awesome
Jan 25, 2014 12:03 AM

Oct 2013
now he has the shinigami eyes power at his disoposal, but how is he gonna convince L that his new gal pal isnt the fake kira....
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 8, 2014 4:41 AM

Jan 2013
Hmmm... i dont know, if Kira plays his cards right from this point on L is as good as dead .... BUT that will not happen. I think Misa is hidding something important and L as always will come up with something to set Kira check again.^^
Feb 8, 2014 4:47 AM

Jan 2014
Trepefan said:
Hmmm... i dont know, if Kira plays his cards right from this point on L is as good as dead .... BUT that will not happen. I think Misa is hidding something important and L as always will come up with something to set Kira check again.^^
you never know it could possible happen i mean this is a drama so crazy really unlikely thing are gonna happen and everyone know that light will win. :3
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Apr 2, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
I like Misa, I think she's cool. She's smarter than Light thought she would be.
Jun 12, 2014 10:51 PM

Jan 2014
Great twist. I think Misa really likes Light.. ^.^
But he wants to use that? Cruel and clever. :)
Aug 29, 2014 10:36 PM

Mar 2014
That went in a completely different direction than I thought it would. Woah man.
Aug 30, 2014 6:33 AM
May 2014
Misa is so dumb...
Oct 7, 2014 6:23 PM

Oct 2013
Whoa, this episode was epic. I caught them feels when Light hugged Misa. Shit was kawaii af.

Why does everybody think Light is "evil"? If anything, Misa's story about her parents seems to convince me that Light's doing the right thing.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 19, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
Whoa, 'dat music was pretty dramatic when Misa found Yagami Tsuki (LOL) XD

And I just kept waiting for Light's mom to bring the tea to his room and walking in on "You can just USE me"
Jan 6, 2015 10:58 PM
Dec 2014
I can't wait to see where Light goes with using Misa's eyes.
Feb 21, 2015 11:59 AM

Nov 2014
Now m worried abot light. L already knows that the 2nd kira found the real one, and they would meet soon. And now light suddenly got a girlfriend who is a MODEL, who doesnt even go to his school, meaning there's no reason for them to encounter and fall in love with each other, L will get suspicious of how they suddenly got to know each other...
Mar 14, 2015 7:59 PM
Jan 2015
i wouldn't go threw all that just to kill some criminals who have nothing to do with me
Mar 15, 2015 9:04 PM

Dec 2014
I was going to be disappointed if he didn't make his wicked smile after hugging her and saying these words, glad he didn't disappoint. lol

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 20, 2015 8:41 PM

Jul 2011
I cannot believe she just walked up to his damn house and introduced herself - with her real name no less! OTL

Although her methods do have a bit of intelligence (like Light said lol), I don't know what to make of her fanatical emotions over Kira. I think she's more of a detriment and I actually hope Light uses her effectively (like she offer :P). Well atleast Light doesn't have to put much effort into manipulating her - she even offer him the Death Note and everything. It would have been nice to have a second Kira compete with him, but I think that Light vs. L is enjoyable and if it resumes that, I'm absolutely fine with it.

Now, Light, entertain me.

MirorinApr 20, 2015 8:45 PM
Apr 24, 2015 9:55 AM
Nov 2014
LOVED the face that Light makes at the end, ( he gonna tap dat ass :P )

gr8 episode.
May 6, 2015 4:07 AM
Dec 2011
this is awesome L suspect light even more it started the moment L showed light the page from a book from FAKE kira... light's comment was he is fake kira is "stupid" it wasn't in character L felt at that moment light is not giving all of his information i mean come on "stupid" that's all light have to say who is the japans best student who has help cases before that is just a fools move light only saying stupid to L about fake kira.
this was the moment L didn't felt right about light, then L said there maybe a possible code because this message is so stupid and simple to say and go to all the trouble to send it to a tv station and for the original kira to see.

so L put cameras and people undercover then light said "ill go too"

this provoked L's suspicion L didn't even suggested it because this locations was only with a guess it didn't even have any value and it didn't needed that much focused or attention but light took a interest hmmm why? this is what L thought and light doing extra work for L it was too weird for L that light took interest to go to a place just because L had a HUNCH( and light didn't even question L's HUNCH)

i mean light is a VERY LOGICAL person L telling matsuda to keep an eye on light was epic as hell

i think L doesn't say what he really wants to say and L doesn't say what he thinks either and L ONLY SAY THE THINGS THAT OTHERS WANT TO HEAR HIM say which is 50% true 50% fake i think L is always saying things to test lights reactions!
L didn't say that after light went outside for investigating work right after a tape was send 23rd saying "i found kira" that means it happen before 23rd meaning 22nd!

like in the end L send a message to 2nd kira not to make a deal as L said ... it was really to provoke 2nd kira police saying to "help us to stop this maniac" of course its to provok 2nd kira to make a mistake its like L telling MISA to go and meet kira!

because if the 2 kiras met the actions will be different and original kira who prefer to work alone and never came out in the open came out( 2nd kira saying i found kira) just to stop 2nd kira acting reckless means these 2 kiras are very different people just as L said and when odd people work together they are bound to make mistakes also its always easy to catch a team than one man! simply put at the end of the day L WANTS THE 2 KIRAS TO MEET EACH OTHER! the message L gave to 2nd kira at the end was a TRAP and MISA took the bait ! awesome L !

.. this is great light is making mistakes left and right remember it may seem smart to US but to L it could be a grave mistake for the long run and short for light :3

THAT'S WHY L IS L !
May 24, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
Another good episode. I laughed at the part where Light hugged Misa and it was shown from three angles.

4/5
Jul 9, 2015 7:28 PM

Apr 2014
Girl shows up on doorstep at night and looks like a hooker asking for your son?? Yes she's the one he was telling you about..
---------My Profile------------
Aug 10, 2015 6:28 PM
Jan 2015
Poor girl...Poor girl...That's all I can say.
Aug 24, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2013
Misa is so sweet. Shes just a silly, cute girl. Dont wanna have her killed by Light :C
Sep 26, 2015 10:53 AM

Mar 2010
Yeah Misa is way to submissive.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 11, 2015 4:20 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Misa surprised me pretty much :o

Nov 6, 2015 11:47 AM

Nov 2014
Misa is actually very smart in certain areas. The hug was epic and sweet briefly, until Light did that damn creepy smile... 5/5
Nov 7, 2015 8:43 AM

Oct 2015
Nice 😃
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

65 by Rinrinka »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.