Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2010 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
=O

Sailor Jupiterrrr.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 26, 2011 10:51 PM
Nov 2010
Finally a real fighter ! XD
Jun 24, 2011 4:13 PM
Apr 2010
love love love this episode!

sailor jupiter was introduced,

as well as the moon crescent wand.

funniest part:

"supreme thunder!!"

"supreme sundae???"

hahaha
Jul 6, 2011 11:33 PM

Apr 2008
Jupiter isn't one of my favorites, so this episode was okay for me. Can't wait till they find venus :DD
Jul 30, 2011 2:15 AM
Feb 2008
Sailor Jupiter's pretty.
Aug 16, 2011 9:59 PM

Sep 2008
Somehow Makoto retrieved her earring she threw away...
It was quite humorous when she kept referring to the one who broke her heart though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2011 3:20 PM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed this episode. I think I'll like Makoto.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 7, 2012 12:56 AM

Jun 2010
Yeah! Mako-chan smacked Zoisite! Sailor Jupiter is great. Pretty funny Mako falls in love all the time.
I really liked the Yoma. It was a cute game!
Love the Moon Wand.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2012 8:02 AM

Nov 2010
Yay finally Sailor Jupiter!! She's my fave. Idk why she's just so cool with her tomboyish ways and yet she's quick to fall in love. She's so pretty <3
May 17, 2013 9:22 AM

Feb 2008
Her transformation seemed a bit more sexualized than the rest. Like, you can see her butt while her skirt goes up and down during the transformation. Loved the part when she picked up the motw and threw him, before even transforming.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 8, 2014 2:59 PM
Mar 2013
Yay! I've been waiting for Sailor Jupiter. Certainly one of my favorite scouts. She'is the heavy artillery member of the group.

Can't believe she managed to hurt Zoicite in her untransformed state.

ZetaZaku said:
Her transformation seemed a bit more sexualized than the rest. Like, you can see her butt while her skirt goes up and down during the transformation. Loved the part when she picked up the motw and threw him, before even transforming.
Who really watches the transformation scenes anyway?

I only watch them once and skip them the rest of the time. The way I see it, 40 seconds of transformation x 46 episodes is a lot of time I could be watching something meaningful. And this is not counting the transformation scenes in later seasons otherwise it would be like 40 seconds x 200+ episodes lol

In any case I also loved the part where Lida threw the Yoma xD
Mar 1, 2014 3:40 PM

Aug 2012
Makoto is cool.
Mar 22, 2014 4:34 AM

Aug 2007
Sailor Jupiter isn't as cool as Sailor Mercury, but she's my second favorite so far.
I think Sailor Mars is my least favorite.
Sailor Moon is neutral. I really disliked her at first, but I guess since the series is centered around her, you learn to deal.

Apr 25, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2012
Sailor Jupiter is awesome! Beating up those thugs then punching Zoisite in the face. Best moment was when she threw the monster.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 12, 2014 9:50 PM

Jan 2011
Always room for another Sailor Scout...the anime seems to be picking up momentum now that we aren't quite as focused on the Monster of the Week. Looks like next episode will be trying to fix Naru's broken heart.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 12, 2014 9:50 PM

Jan 2011
Always room for another Sailor Scout...the anime seems to be picking up momentum now that we aren't quite as focused on the Monster of the Week. Looks like next episode will be trying to fix Naru's broken heart.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 29, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2010
Supreme Sundae? --- Best line in the episode.

May 22, 2015 2:01 AM

Feb 2010
Mako-chan is strong and pretty, but falls for wrong boys all the time, it seems. Don't know if I like Jupiter or Mars more?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Oct 12, 2015 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
Sailor Jupiter best girl!
Being too tall for all them cute boys... I feel her ;__;
Nov 8, 2015 10:13 AM
Jul 2015
I'm under the impression that Makoto would make the perfect wife for Usagi. :O
Feb 9, 2017 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
Mako-chan is sooooooo cool I adore her.

She's a nice, kind and strong lady. Her height is almost the same as mine since mine is 169cm. <3

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jun 6, 2017 9:17 AM

Jun 2013
Oh hey, Makoto arrived, right on! The tallest member so far, fitting for the largest planet. I like that she's experienced in street fights.
Jul 15, 2017 10:23 PM

May 2017
Looks like Usagi got that healing stick one episode too late...
Too bad there's only one more episode with this ending theme!
Nov 27, 2017 1:47 PM

Mar 2012
MAKOOOOTO! <3
i love her. she's my favourite out of the first sailors.
(and yet i was mistaking her for a random character, yay me! HGKYFILUHSG )
Apr 29, 2018 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
best girl has arrived
May 18, 2018 12:19 PM

Mar 2017
Sailor Jupiter doesn't even need to transform, she's more than capable to kick ass without superpowers. I like her! The new arc started with a kind of lazy exposition dump, but I am curious to see where it goes.
Sep 20, 2018 2:02 PM
Mar 2018
This episode was decent. The first half with romance was pretty lame, though it did have some funny moments, but it ended very well with the reveal of Jupiter's boyfriend's psychic powers and Rainbow Crystal.
Feb 2, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
Makoto kicked ass before even becoming Sailor Jupiter haha.

Nice introduction to her character, looking forward to seeing more of her.
Apr 9, 2019 8:25 AM

Jun 2015
Yes! Jupiter!
Luna always look so cute cuddled with Ami.
May 24, 2020 9:48 PM

May 2020
This one is a little disappointing compared to the other Guardian episodes. The overall plot becomes more interesting when the Black Crystal is modified to detect Rainbow Crystals, of which there are 7 hidden inside monsters: now ordinary people who lost their memory of being a monster. Once all the Rainbow Crystals are collected the monsters will be revived and the Legendary Silver Crystal shall shine brightly and resurrect Queen Beryl's evil overlord. Conveniently, the Black Crystal shows the person who's carrying the next Rainbow Crystal. In this case, that's Joe the Crane Game Troll. He's a genius cheater at the crane game and Sailor Jupiter a.k.a Makoto has a crush on him because he reminds her of a guy who broke her heart. WTF? I don't even need to comment on that, just what the hell. Anyway, Zoisite steals the crystal from Joe and revives the first monster, Gamecen. Well, that was easy. The Sailor Guardians defeat the monster with the help of Makoto, a new girl at Usagi's school who's rumored to have been kicked out of her old school for fighting. That rumor is credible, since she beats up some dudes to save Usagi on her way to school. She even punches Zoisite in the face. WHAM! Sadly she doesn't stick out enough from the other girls in this episode. She's friendly and kick-ass at video games, but so is Ami. She's strong, intimidating and tomboyish, but so is Rei. She falls in love easily, but so does Usagi. So in my opinion, she's more of a jack-of-all-trades than her own distinct personality; but maybe that's her strength. Nevertheless, she's still adorable and serves as a friend, classmate, and romantic rival of Usagi.
Like I said, for a plot-essential Guardian episode it's disappointing compared to episodes 8 and 10. I'm sure Sailor Jupiter will grow on me, I just don't like how she's introduced...some strong girl who happens to transfer to Usagi's school, who happens to be a Sailor Guardian, remembered for falling in love with some random crane cheater who happens to look like her ex and who happens to have the first rainbow crystal which Zoisite simply takes with ease. And the last we hear of Joe is in an offhand comment by Motoki, whom Makoto promptly falls in love with. So much for that. And Luna giving Usagi the Moon Stick as proof that she's the leader is a bit pointless. Usagi is the main character, we've always viewed her as the leader, we don't need a stick to make it official. And giving her a stick doesn't make Usagi more of a leader, all it does is give her the honors of returning monsters to their human form. But maybe the other girls can't use it... who knows? Overall not bad, but not great either.
3/5
HighPriestJonkoMay 24, 2020 10:28 PM
Jonko
Level 3 Human Priest
Chaotic Good
Rogue Treasure-Hunter

Jul 11, 2020 7:08 AM

Aug 2016
Enter Jupiter, I think she's my favourite, tough and with electric powers, though she seems quick to fall in love.
That first of the seven great monsters had an awesome design, this seems like its gonna be a good arc.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 8, 2020 3:21 PM

Oct 2020
Girls like Jupiter aren't his type? This guy is crazy.

Got strange Pokemon vibes from this episode. Probably because the monster kept yelling his own name.
Nov 5, 2020 12:16 PM
Jul 2020
sailor jupiter is the cutest <3
Jan 16, 2021 2:43 PM

Nov 2016
Mako-chan is so badass, best girl for real.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 8, 2021 8:29 AM

Aug 2020
Sailor Jupiter!!!
Jan 31, 2023 6:17 PM

Oct 2016
The awaited arrival of sailor Jupiter, and she's super pretty too! I can't wait to see what trouble our quartet gets into!

Also, I'm relieved that Naru's arc is finally getting some closure (no matter how unsatisfying it may end up being). I was worried the show was never going to address it!
Jul 8, 2023 6:08 AM

Mar 2022
And now I've finally met Sailor Jupiter. What to say about her? Nice, really nice, big very big as a girl, kicks some much ass that she not only attacks Zoisite in her untransformed state before  she becomes a Sailor Guardian herself, she ends up punching his face. Even managing to throw monster away before transforming. And by that way that Youma in particular? He had a really cool design I'm not gonna lie. Out of the three other Sailor Guardians intro episodes that I've seen so far, Jupiter has probably got the best one. What a way to introduce a character. 
Sep 16, 2023 11:10 AM

Jul 2017
Sailor Jupiter is here she is cool and like her powers nice episode
Apr 10, 2:35 AM

Jul 2017
i think i fell in love with sailor jupiter
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

73 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 44 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 43 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 42 Discussion

star_lit - Dec 31, 2009

34 by Neemesis_2 »»
Yesterday, 3:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.