Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2010 6:21 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
He's so easily recognisable now lol.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 26, 2011 11:24 AM
Nov 2010
And the moral of this episode

Mar 26, 2011 7:35 PM

Jun 2009
Not a very good episode.Didn't help that the episode was effectively mocking me for liking anime.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 14, 2011 3:10 PM

Sep 2008
For some reason all the animators were female...
gotta love the beginning of the episode with the mention of a Sailor Moon anime though, who would watch something like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2012 10:11 PM

Jun 2010
Self aware animes are funny.
The two most powerful monsters were crap!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2013 2:57 AM

Nov 2011
Pfft, strongest monsters.
Feb 8, 2014 11:57 AM
Mar 2013
Wow, that was a fail. Mercury should've called for back-up instead of going after Nephrite herself. She's lucky he didn't decide to attack her.
Mar 1, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2012
I think I've never seen an anime episode before about making anime. A manga about making manga, sure, but not anime.
Mar 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Aug 2007
I thought it was a cute episode c:

Apr 22, 2014 3:30 AM

Apr 2012
"Most powerful monsters" yeah right. If those were the most powerful, it's no wonder all the other monsters get beaten.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 11, 2014 11:42 PM

Jan 2011
I find it always a kick when they reference Sailor V(enus) who of course is having an independent career fighting enemies and receiving all the public recognition that these three don't get. Why she even has an anime being made about her...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 25, 2014 3:14 AM
Apr 2013
This was the first episode where I could really feel Ikuhara's presence

Excellent stuff
Oct 7, 2015 5:33 AM

Jan 2014
eggfish said:
I think I've never seen an anime episode before about making anime. A manga about making manga, sure, but not anime.
Yeah, weird xD
Jun 15, 2016 4:50 AM

Mar 2011
This episode is a home game and a huge RL reference for me as I actually HAD the opportunity to sneak into a real SFX/Animation company once.

Believe me, it really is that hard with all the tight timeframes/deadlines and the tough competition on the market. And the "Icing on the Cake"- or better to add Insult to Injury: The Average Payment of a Japanese Animator is a joke (A very bad one, of course). Good to know they've recently started to try changing that, though.

Btw, did you know that the two girls are in fact expies of the two main producers/(key) animators (or so) on the show, only with their family names partially swapped?^^

P. S: @eggfish: Hi there, fellow Ami lover!
HapposamaOct 20, 2020 4:23 AM
Feb 11, 2017 3:52 AM

Nov 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
For some reason all the animators were female...

I liked to think of it as a hint of yuri. I thought it was cute. Sort of a nice lead up to the fact that most people know

Happosama said:
Btw, did you know that the two girls are in fact expies of the two main producers/(key) animators (or so) on the show, only with their family names partially swapped?^^

Interesting. Do you know if they're a couple at all, or just good friends? Not that it matters but I thought I got a hint of yuri between those two.
Jun 5, 2017 2:38 AM

Jun 2013

As a real life tangent: animators deserve better.
May 16, 2018 5:58 AM

Mar 2017
M E T A

The moral of the story: Only evil people like downer endings. But with the power of anime (and friendship) the day can be saved! I also only now noticed the obvious Sailor V pun: Sai = C'est, lor = la, V = vie. C'est la vie! Yup, I am a bit slow in the head. I really liked this episode, and the insert song thingy at the end was pretty cool.
Jan 20, 2019 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
Hilarious episode, the meta comedy worked so well. Usagi wanting to be in an anime and Rei being tsundere towards anime were the best parts.
Mar 12, 2019 8:32 AM

Jun 2015
Happosama said:

Also, Studio Dive is a pun on Studio Live, which provides key animation for the anime.
May 24, 2020 1:42 PM

May 2020
Perhaps the first below-average episode. Nephrite curses the pencil of Hiromi, a frustrated tomboyish artist. Hiromi works on the Sailor V anime in a studio with her friend (or sister?) Kazuko. Together their dream is to work hard and create an anime that "stays true to children's dreams"...okay. Usagi and Rei hear about Nephrite's visit to the studio and hurry excitedly for cel drawings and autographs. But Hiromi is suddenly acting strangely...could Nephrite be the cause?

If you're an artist you'll probably like it more but for me the story is boring and offers almost nothing that you can't find in any other Sailor Moon episode. A possessed Hiromi sketches two wicked cool monsters who are defeated because they start bickering over who's going to finish off Sailor Moon. Seriously? Ugh. At least the fire-bubble-tiara is a spectacular finish. And it was cool to see Ami alone face-to-face with Nephrite. And it's cute to see Rei dismiss anime as childish. But yeah, pretty bland (by Sailor Moon's standards)
2/5
HighPriestJonkoMay 24, 2020 1:54 PM
Jonko
Level 3 Human Priest
Chaotic Good
Rogue Treasure-Hunter

May 28, 2020 6:08 AM
Jan 2018
Basically a filler episode to remind us that there are still more sailor soilders
Jul 11, 2020 5:09 AM

Aug 2016
What kids want is for Sailor V to die at the end.........

Those Gemini Twin Villains were a let down, such bad team work lol.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 6, 2020 3:09 PM

Oct 2020
ahhh the classic anime inception.

NORMALIZE ANIME GIRLS WITH SHORT HAIR!!!!

I'm actually curious to see where this thing with Sailor V goes. Is she real or an "anime" character??? I don't know man!

Anyone else sealed a promise with a pinky?
Jan 29, 2021 2:13 AM

Aug 2020
Lol IKR who would make an anime about Usagi how weird is that
May 6, 2022 2:08 PM
Feb 2021
I really liked this episode! The character designs of the bonded villains were cool! and the song that played at the end was really nice too! I wish i had the name of it...
I really love this anime~ <33
Jan 29, 2023 6:58 PM

Oct 2016
My favorite so far! I loved seeing all three of the senshi together, and it is always nice to see Ami leading the charge (I love Usagi, but I kind of wish she was the mc at times lmao).

I did think it odd that Nephrite told Ami to train up, though. Wouldn't that just make things harder for him? Whatever. He still got his ass beat lolll.
May 27, 2023 5:07 AM

Apr 2023
Nephrite with a car is pretty cool...
But that fight ended too quickly, it was boring - so much for teamwork. Nice to see inside the animation studio, and Ami taking the initiative!
Jun 19, 2023 9:49 AM

Mar 2022
I thought that was a sweet episode there. It's such a meta episode that it hurts. It's not often you get to see the inner workings of how an anime is made but there you go. Also: "The most strongest monsters" pffft yeah, yeah, yeah, Nephrite. Didn't Jadeite say something similar to Queen Beryl before about using "the most strongest monsters imaginable" or something to that degree? No wonder you have Zoisite taunting you. Anyways Rei, no one's paying that you are "not" into anime you are a fan of it too. We saw your cels and everything.

Speaking of the monsters, they were kind of lackluster I mean they had promise with them using the same attacks as Sailor Mars and Sailor Mercury I found they were going to do more with that but then they started arguing and their reputation for being the strongest fell apart. The combo attack finisher was real nice though. Otherwise this was a sweet little episode about two girls in the anime industry. Also the insert song was good too.
Mar 1, 8:26 PM

Sep 2021
This episode was cute. I liked the relationship between the two animators, it was really sweet!
Mar 14, 4:11 PM

Apr 2023
Talk about a shallow friendship...

Also getting to see the pink coveralls Rei this episode, very nice
Apr 7, 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
the fisrt episode that i really didn't like, i don't know i was bored.
cool song at the end tho.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 43 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 42 Discussion

star_lit - Dec 31, 2009

34 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 41 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

23 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 40 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

25 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 16, 4:35 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 39 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

25 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 16, 3:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.