Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2008 5:29 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
i feel sorry for asoaka but it is his fault in the end
May 18, 2008 8:03 AM

Feb 2008
...I don't know why but I'm starting to cheer for Asaoka...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2008 8:18 AM

May 2007
@sanjica: ditto!!!!!!!!XP

i dunnoe y but i always tend to cheer for the second guy that likes the heroine... maybe cause i noe they have no chance at her >.<
but nonetheless that was a sweet chapter =)
May 18, 2008 8:18 AM
Jul 2007
i.... ASAOKA ;0;!!!!!

man Haruna's friend is SHARP
May 18, 2008 9:58 AM

Oct 2007
aww. poor Asaoka-san D:
i mean, i really like HarunaxYoh, so i wouldn't like them to break up and then her to go out with A-kun, but still~~ i feel sorry for him. and i hope that he'll find himself a cute and Haruna-like girl :3 *go for it, Asaoka-san! ^^* Mami-chan, maybe...? they would make a nice couple xD she's not as smiley-smiley as Haruna, but still has kinda similar personality~~
nah, anyway. good thing that i finally read this chapter. twas~ sweet and interesting :3
May 18, 2008 10:40 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Yoh definitely was cool this chapter! But I felt sad for Asaoka at the end... even if he did do it to himself, it wasn't exactly something he could have anticipated he would really be feeling when he played that joke in the beginning. It had to be even harder that she didn't even acknowledge her feelings to be real, rather than just turning them down. Hugs for him. Hopefully he finds a good girl :)
May 19, 2008 7:42 PM

Sep 2007
Maybe, now that Asaoka has realized that all along he was desiring to be in a meaningful relationship with someone (and he can't have Haruna), he will be able to turn his sights to Mami... Hopefully....?
May 23, 2008 9:11 AM
Jul 2007
Dark_Chime said:
Maybe, now that Asaoka has realized that all along he was desiring to be in a meaningful relationship with someone (and he can't have Haruna), he will be able to turn his sights to Mami... Hopefully....?

Does love even work that way XD
May 23, 2008 1:34 PM

Apr 2008
Poor Asaoka.....but he did bring it on himself, his joke backfired and Harua didn't believe a word he said......he and Mami would make a good couple though ^^
Jun 20, 2008 11:39 PM

Oct 2007
When Asaoka confessed and Haruna said "I won't wall for that" I felt like I was being stabbed in the heart. That's just painful, and I felt so bad for Asaoka. Even though he plays a lot of jokes that's still a really harsh and upsetting thing to hear.

I also tend to root for the guys who like the main girl, but never end up with them. Why are they always so cool?! [Though I would never want the main couple to break up lol]
Mar 15, 2009 12:15 AM

Apr 2008
In a way it would have been better for Yoh not to see Asaoka running first ^^;

Although with injury happening so early I'm pretty sure Asaoka placed third on purpose to match Yoh's result. But yay, the white team won overall!!! :D

I can't believe he kicked his leg... well actually I can!! :P But I had a feeling that Asaoka would turn it around so there wouldn't be weirdness between them. Their friendship was really summed up when Yoh was looking back at him :')

So Mami can see right through Asaoka, isn't that what he wanted from someone?! My dream of them getting together is one step closer!!!! :3
Apr 7, 2009 6:19 AM

Jun 2008
awww.. poor asaoka.. he wasn't taken seriously... but i guess. now that he knows that he can never be with haru... i think he and mami are gonna get together.. i mean.. mami was the one who supposedly saw through asaoka's facade right? when mami said that he passes everything as a joke so he doesn't know his true feelings blah blah... maybe asaoka and mami are really gonna get together.. i hope.. hahah
Oct 6, 2009 7:34 PM

Jul 2009
At least Asaoka made Yoh realized that Haruna is really precious to him XD
But i hate Asaoka's smile, sorry i'm a guy, but i don't like guy who can't differentiated when to get serious and when to tell a joke, he deserves it..
Dec 28, 2009 2:59 PM

Jun 2009
it's just like that story with the boy and the wolf! when he finally says the truth they don't believe him, poor asaoka!
Jan 10, 2010 6:38 PM

Oct 2009
katsup said:
When Asaoka confessed and Haruna said "I won't wall for that" I felt like I was being stabbed in the heart.quote]

This.

That was quite sad.
Nov 21, 2010 10:13 PM

May 2008
katsup said:
When Asaoka confessed and Haruna said "I won't wall for that" I felt like I was being stabbed in the heart. That's just painful, and I felt so bad for Asaoka. Even though he plays a lot of jokes that's still a really harsh and upsetting thing to hear.

I also tend to root for the guys who like the main girl, but never end up with them. Why are they always so cool?! [Though I would never want the main couple to break up lol]

Got to agree with every single word you just said. I cried at this chapter which end up running to kitchen to wipe out my tears because my mom will think I'm crazy for crying over pictures :P lol but seriously,it does hurt seeing Asaoka realize that he does have feeling for her :( but yeah, you do not want the main couple to break up because they're just cute together.I actually rooted for Asaoka in the match even though it's obvious he wouldn't make it.

But I hope Asaoka finds himself a great company like maybe Mami would work and she can understand him :D So go for it ...

& again,i'm wondering if those three 1st year will ever show up T-T

Love is filled with mystery
Jan 1, 2011 3:48 AM

Nov 2009
is it horrible if i want Asaoka to like Haruna and not have her return those feelings? i've grown to really love Asaoka but, "Haruna is a good girl". she's become a heart-breaker :<

Yoh is so in love.... he's so adorable >////> GANBARE ANATATACHI!!!<3
Feb 1, 2011 11:40 AM

Aug 2010
katsup said:

yeah that must be really painful for him....but he joked about many times before so it's normal sje won't believe this time...
i like those guys they are actually cool i often love them more that the main guy XD...
but i don't like Aosaka to be with Mimi-chan...another girl maybe but i don't like Mimi donno why...
Feb 7, 2011 10:04 PM

Nov 2008
katsup said:

Yeah, I felt so bad for him too. Although I don't tend to root for those guys, I do feel sorry for them, especially in Asaoka's case. Hopefully he does find someones, because he's a really good guy.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 17, 2012 4:14 PM

Jan 2009
That was so heartbreaking. TT__TT Like Katsup, I also tend to root for the guys who like the main girl, but don't get her in the end. The really nice, sweet guys who just really love this girl that they won't get. I know it's going to happen every time, but I always root for them. Someday, one of them will win, lol! [Guys like Takeuchi, Nakatsu, Tsuchiura, Fuji, and too many more, hopefully will win]

Anyhow... I was really rooting for Asaoka. He's an odd one sometimes, always joking - Mami's comment was so jolting, it's really true, I think! His jokes even deceive himself at this point - about strange things, but always smiling, always a good friend. He's such a great guy, and as much as I like Yoh [and as much as I usually appreciate the main guy >=T], I was hoping he'd get _something_ at the end of this arc.

But as usual, Haruna was just a little too clueless. Can't blame her though, she's still confused by dating and guys and Asaoka and his constant "JK, but not really. Actually JK" 's would probably throw anyone off. xD

But I felt my heart drop, still. Asaoka... I hope he gets a proper confession at some point. Without Haruna becoming worried, without her being confused, and knowing full well what he means... >.<
Jul 25, 2012 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
i always thought Asaoka just wanted to be like Yoh and be cherish by someone like Haruna.

though in the end he did have feelings for her and it was already too late when he realized it.

Mami Chan definitely understands Asaka more though just like when she said it to haruna a few chapters back.

well it's your fault Asaoka, but i still prefer Yoh and Haruna :P
May 31, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2011
Well, he buried his ow grave. Normally I go all sad and root with all my might for the second guy, but this time just can't. I really like Asaoka, but Haruna and yoh are perfect together. A triangle now would seems just painful and pointless. i feel sorry for Asaoka, but I'm rooting for him to finda a girl that makes him at ease like Haruna makes yoh at ease. and i think this girl is Mami. she understands him
Nov 29, 2014 7:34 PM

May 2014
omg my heart shed a tear when asaoka confessed to haruna and she passed it off as a joke. ugh. i could feel his pain through the word and art! so sad... and you can't blame him. he did it initially as a joke for yoh's sake to get him to be real with himself. and for that, the cost was to hide his own self from haruna...
Feb 29, 2016 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
aaaaaHHHH my fucking heart when haruna thought the confession was a joke...... i mean he kind of boy who cried wolf-ed himself there but you can't help but want a character like him to be happy

ALTHOUGH i've always thought he and mami would be good together, and the fact that she saw through his act of putting himself down as the joke all the time means she would probably be the best kind of person for him since she seems to understand his personality. idk i think they're potentially cute together plus it gets rid of the cliche one sided love triangle plotline~
Oct 11, 2017 1:22 PM

Mar 2014
Boooy that was sad. On the one hand I can't hep but feel relief because we've avoided the usual dramatic triangle and Haruna and Yoh are having a better relationship. On the other hand I feel sad because Asaoka's confession was passed off as a joke, even though he kind of drove himself in a corner by behaving like this.
Aug 3, 2019 4:31 PM
Feb 2019
i feel bad for Asaoka!! poor guy jokes so much, he doesnt know his true feelings. i was kind of rooting for him. even though i love yoh.. ah, i hope he gets over her and finds someone who can cherish him!!

More topics from this board

» Volume 14 & 15?

YoiAkuma55 - Aug 28, 2022

2 by DazaiKun72 »»
Jan 23, 2023 10:48 PM

Poll: » Koukou Debut Chapter 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

postergirl - Jul 14, 2008

51 by WinterknightX »»
Jul 11, 2021 2:00 AM

Poll: » Koukou Debut Chapter 47 Discussion

Talu - Oct 15, 2008

22 by dweeb02 »»
Aug 3, 2019 8:02 PM

Poll: » Koukou Debut Chapter 46 Discussion

Talu - Oct 13, 2008

20 by dweeb02 »»
Aug 3, 2019 7:48 PM

Poll: » Koukou Debut Chapter 45 Discussion

IncognitoOtaku - Sep 16, 2008

36 by dweeb02 »»
Aug 3, 2019 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.