Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 8, 2010 1:34 PM
Feb 2010
This news was already revealed last month. knew k-on was ending.
kyoto animation does a good job with animation.
I'd like more k-on and erm...clannad from them x) clannad just start over with a different girl as main since its based off a scenario game anyways :p
and an idea would be to skip azusa's third year entirely and they'll all be high school graduates :P otherwise, I don't think a spin-off/sequel featuring other characters would be much good. without mugi, wouldn't be much tea time :P. Im sure if kakifly knew this was going to be this popular, he would have slowed down with the virtual world time progression. a whole year passed in like 10-11chapters of 8pages each -.-
Aug 8, 2010 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
Defiance said:
With this, Kyoani has no excuse not to make a third season of FMP!. >_>

+999999999

We want more FMP.
Aug 8, 2010 2:52 PM

Dec 2009
Only four volumes? No Azunyan on the cover then, eh?

Anyway, it's always sad to see something end. Season 2 is pretty good and enjoyable so far and the manga seems even better, I'll definitely buy it when it comes out in english. But the best thing is to end it while it's still good, so I fully support the creator.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 8, 2010 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
I just wonder what they will do next.

Aug 8, 2010 3:20 PM

Feb 2008
Defiance said:
With this, Kyoani has no excuse not to make a third season of FMP!. >_>
I'm afraid you're wrong there. With people here and there latching on to moe blob like a newborn to it's mother's teat, they (KyoAni) will hunt down a new moe anime.

Quite frankly I'll never understand the craze, even without my hype aversion I would have never checked this serie out. I find moe annoying, it throws away any potential story to shovel out fanservice to whom it appeals.
Aug 8, 2010 10:36 PM

Nov 2008
Thank god it's going to end.
Something cool to be placed here in the near future.
Aug 9, 2010 6:27 AM

Oct 2009
I like k-on but really it should end in high school
I don't want to see the stupid Yui in the college :D
first and season season are enough.
Aug 9, 2010 6:44 AM

Jul 2008
God yes.

Now like always, otaku will mourn, a new moe show will appear, they will worship it and all forget about K-on, that's what always happen.
Aug 9, 2010 10:26 AM

Nov 2008
well everything has to end sooner a later
Aug 10, 2010 7:20 AM
Jun 2008
RipCoin said:
so no 3rd season for anime ?
Its in the 3rd season already
13 ep each season on some anime
Aug 10, 2010 10:18 AM

Sep 2007
Fuck yes. With K-ON! ending, their Key shit all finished up, and Aya Hirano retiring, KyoAni now has no choice but to make more Full Metal Panic!

I can dream, can't I? :(
Aug 10, 2010 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
Dandere-chan said:
God yes.

Now like always, otaku will mourn, a new moe show will appear, they will worship it and all forget about K-on, that's what always happen.

It won't be anytime soon though, later next year at the earliest.

Aug 10, 2010 2:32 PM
Aug 2009
Considering how the manga was going you could tell the next chapter is the last. I mean it's blatently obvious that it's the last chapter of the manga. Yes this is sad because I love K-ON! but it needs to end here and not follow to college cause that'd be weird (especially where the girls are planning to go lol). I want the anime to end the same way as the manga though, since that would be pretty funny.
Aug 11, 2010 4:15 AM

Nov 2007
Fused said:
Cristina Vee as Mio.

What the hell? Did that petition really work?

Oh, from this news.. Am I supposed to be sad. It was nice, but kinda meh.

Aug 11, 2010 7:50 PM
Feb 2007
It would be really nice to what happens to them after 5 years, or if they will eventually make it to Budokan.

Ah.. I'm gonna miss K-On so much. :<
Aug 11, 2010 8:48 PM

Jan 2008
Foggle said:
Fuck yes. With K-ON! ending, their Key shit all finished up, and Aya Hirano retiring, KyoAni now has no choice but to make more Full Metal Panic!

I can dream, can't I? :(

Good luck with that. There's still tons of Key stuff not adapted and it sells. It'll never end. On the other hand, I really couldn't give a crap about K-ON! ending and there's better seiyuu out there than Aya, so meh. Unfortunately FMP isn't a bad show full of otaku pandering and, as such, won't be successful enough for them to make another series. God forbid they ever make something that actually has character development, humour and a story that isn't based off a Key product. That just isn't Kyoani.

/dreams shattered.
Aug 12, 2010 6:51 AM
Feb 2010
I was going to start reading this just over a week ago.
I'll be reading it soon then.
Aug 12, 2010 9:24 AM

Jun 2008
At least K-ON! isn't nowhere are near as pretentious as the God-awful Code Gauss. It get's high marks just for that.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 15, 2010 5:38 PM

Oct 2008
Well . . .I'd say this is Good news .
Aug 15, 2010 5:43 PM

Dec 2009
As long as we never end up with a season called "K-On!!!!!!!" I don't really care. :P Any character development or events masquerading as plot happened early on as far as I'm concerned, so I'd rather just find something new.
Aug 18, 2010 9:27 AM

May 2009
boocah said:
As long as we never end up with a season called "K-On!!!!!!!" I don't really care. :P Any character development or events masquerading as plot happened early on as far as I'm concerned, so I'd rather just find something new.

I think the anime had more character development than the manga ever did, especially the second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2010 1:33 AM

Jan 2010
outlawauron said:
doeman said:
i wonder why people like bad anime so much.

I find it surprising that someone who thinks Bleach is a good show is making this comment.

hahaha
yeh and i was surprised that there are lots of anti k-on!
Aug 19, 2010 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
mikunited said:
outlawauron said:
doeman said:

I find it surprising that someone who thinks Bleach is a good show is making this comment.

hahaha

I'll put down clear this : I hate K-on and I really hate Bleach. Now with that said I would say that objectively Bleach is far better than K-on.

K-on is a show with no substance, moe can be good the first few years you watch anime but after a while you really get bored and wonder ''What the hell did I just watched? Yes it's a slice of life, Aria is too and it is more sucessfull in every point. The show have good animation, that's about all I'll remember from it.

The character are far from unique, each of them featuring something that is considered moe by the hardcore otaku, tough I have no problem with that I have a problem with the fact that they do not evolve through the story.

The music are shit, Don't say lazy and Listen! are the two only track I'll remember, every insert song having stupid lyrics. Worst is that it is suposed to be a music anime, by the end of the first season only two music were played and repeated many time until my eardrum was about to commit suicide.

There is different kind of comedy, K-on use stupidity as it's main appeal (Seriously was there a good joke or something really funny? No, people laugh when Yui and Ritsu are acting like moron, when Mio is shy and when Mugi look like a rapist, when Azu-nyan get petted and so on, that's a cheap and weak form of humor which make the joke repetitive on the long ride).

Basically K-on is just another moe show, if you think the opposite of me then state why because I don't expect much of people that truly think that K-on is objectively good.
I have no problem with people liking it, I do have problem when people say it's better than most show or is a masterpiece.
Aug 20, 2010 3:10 AM

Jan 2010
Dandere-chan said:
mikunited said:
outlawauron said:
doeman said:

hahaha

I'll put down clear this : I hate K-on and I really hate Bleach. Now with that said I would say that objectively Bleach is far better than K-on.

K-on is a show with no substance, moe can be good the first few years you watch anime but after a while you really get bored and wonder ''What the hell did I just watched? Yes it's a slice of life, Aria is too and it is more sucessfull in every point. The show have good animation, that's about all I'll remember from it.

The character are far from unique, each of them featuring something that is considered moe by the hardcore otaku, tough I have no problem with that I have a problem with the fact that they do not evolve through the story.

The music are shit, Don't say lazy and Listen! are the two only track I'll remember, every insert song having stupid lyrics. Worst is that it is suposed to be a music anime, by the end of the first season only two music were played and repeated many time until my eardrum was about to commit suicide.

There is different kind of comedy, K-on use stupidity as it's main appeal (Seriously was there a good joke or something really funny? No, people laugh when Yui and Ritsu are acting like moron, when Mio is shy and when Mugi look like a rapist, when Azu-nyan get petted and so on, that's a cheap and weak form of humor which make the joke repetitive on the long ride).

Basically K-on is just another moe show, if you think the opposite of me then state why because I don't expect much of people that truly think that K-on is objectively good.
I have no problem with people liking it, I do have problem when people say it's better than most show or is a masterpiece.

well if you have no problem people like it, just don't leave a comment.. More people like k-on!

i don't say k-on! is a masterpiece but it is nice, relaxing anime. At least it's not so tense and bloody like bleach. Sometimes you need to just relax and watch something without any serious situation. I mean what's so bad watching 8 rated anime?

Some anime don't evolve or have no progress like gintama doesn't show clear evolvment either.Bleach is better?? well who cares it doesn't matter if this is better than that. Most anime are all fun maybe cause u r 19 so k-on is childish then i understand. I would agree if u say toradora is way better than k-on!. But comparing bloody and moe never gonna work.

in the anime a group of highschool made it so it the song doesn't to have be all wow. some are good some are bad. Don't Say Lazy was top in the chart. you can't expect all anime to be WOW and iff you don't like it, don't watch it from the first place.

Some people say K-on! ending is good news yay!!, well if they don't watch k-on! then none of their business anyway.

well not planning to be so rude using bad words so please use reason to explain.
MN_22Aug 20, 2010 7:25 PM
Aug 20, 2010 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
mikunited said:
Sometimes you need to just relax and watch something without any serious situation. I mean what's so bad watching 8 rated anime?

If you want a relaxing show then watch something like Aria lol.
Aug 20, 2010 10:52 AM

Feb 2009
I personally think it says something when a WSJ manga (Bleach) has the same number of frames per chapter as an 8page 4koma manga (K-On).

And this thread is about the manga, NOT the anime. Yea yea, they're anime adaptations, but a lot of complaints about the anime can't really be made about the manga (example: the music). Also every time I watch an anime episode, I lose 23 minutes of my life. But every manga chapter barely takes up 2 minutes, so I have no problem with it!
Aug 20, 2010 11:50 AM

Jul 2008
Futaro said:
I personally think it says something when a WSJ manga (Bleach) has the same number of frames per chapter as an 8page 4koma manga (K-On).

And this thread is about the manga, NOT the anime. Yea yea, they're anime adaptations, but a lot of complaints about the anime can't really be made about the manga (example: the music). Also every time I watch an anime episode, I lose 23 minutes of my life. But every manga chapter barely takes up 2 minutes, so I have no problem with it!

Well that's a good point you bring here, it is faster to read than going through it's anime version.
Aug 21, 2010 12:14 AM

Jan 2010
yoyoland said:
doeman said:

what's wrong with watching 8 rated anime FUCK
U R JUST AN OLD ASSHOLE WHO LIKE PERVERTED STUFF LIKE SANJI
GO FUCK NAMI AND FUCK ROBIN AND FUCK ALL THE BLEACH
U R OLD SHIT YET WATCHING ANIME? GO FIND A JOB AND HELP YOUR PARENTS U ASSHOLE, MAYBE U DON'T HAVE PARENTS OR U R AN IDIOT WHO ALWAYS GET F.
LOCATION GRANDLINE? U THINK IT COOL? BITCH GROW UP
I WISH ALL RELATIONS DIE IN SHIT FUCKIN
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heyhey, calm down a bit:))
Aug 21, 2010 1:52 PM

May 2009
Dandere-chan said:

They DO evolve, but not in the way you expect them to. For example, Mio doesn't turn from shy and introverted to outgoing and extroverted, but she does learn to have more fun than she would otherwise have. Yui matures a bit. Though she's still an airhead by any means, she's proven that you can rely on her if she really needs to be reliable.

Music is a matter of taste, so I'm not gonna argue that.

However, this is by far NOT a music series. It's a slice of life comedy with music as underlying theme. Big difference.

Slapstick is also repetitive comedy and it goes back a long way. Very little about that is truly 'witty', yet it still makes a lot of people laugh till this very day.

Same goes for this show (and similar moe shows). The jokes are often quite simple and are often played on a character's personality. Yet, they have been used for decades and are still as successful today as they have always been, so apparently, there are still a lot of people who like them.

So, despite this series having very little 'witty' humor, it still makes people laugh. If these jokes are beneath you, go look for something more 'intellectual' then if that is what you prefer.

And I have a problem with people who don't respect another person's opinion if it differs from his/her own. Seriously, what are you even doing here?
Firelord76Aug 21, 2010 1:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2010 9:59 PM
Dec 2008
So anyhow, about the manga..
Has the anime and manga storyline been similar? How far past I guess the anime does it go? Are they in college and still together? Etc. Or does it go on to follow azu? Asking because I'm debating if I want to read the manga after this.
Sep 3, 2010 6:04 AM
Jul 2010
mikunited said:
yoyoland said:
doeman said:

U R OLD SHIT YET WATCHING ANIME? GO FIND A JOB AND HELP YOUR PARENTS U ASSHOLE, MAYBE U DON'T HAVE PARENTS OR U R AN IDIOT WHO ALWAYS GET F.

All that care....

Anyway, on topic.
Third season could follow life after graduation? After what I've seen, they definitely look like college girls in the ED NO Thank you! I don't mean to say the ED predicts a third season but we can at least expect an OVA or two of following life, I very much doubt they'll just leave it at graduation. Anime is also a business, and considering the amount K-ON! and K-ON!! has made, it's most probably they'll continue this venture just like other long series franchises.
Sep 3, 2010 9:50 PM

Feb 2009
Mercer said:
mikunited said:
yoyoland said:
doeman said:

All that care....

Anyway, on topic.
Third season could follow life after graduation? After what I've seen, they definitely look like college girls in the ED NO Thank you! I don't mean to say the ED predicts a third season but we can at least expect an OVA or two of following life, I very much doubt they'll just leave it at graduation. Anime is also a business, and considering the amount K-ON! and K-ON!! has made, it's most probably they'll continue this venture just like other long series franchises.

From what I can tell, manga K-ON will end with high school graduation.
Sep 4, 2010 9:49 AM
Jul 2010
Futaro said:
Mercer said:
mikunited said:
yoyoland said:
doeman said:

All that care....

Anyway, on topic.

From what I can tell, manga K-ON will end with high school graduation.

Yeah, we can only assume though. Thing is, like I said, the anime doesn't follow the Manga much. I can also see the Anime ending with high school graduation, but who's to say it can't carry on from that?

We already know that

We can at least expect some extra OVA's.
Sep 4, 2010 5:37 PM

Dec 2008
Mercer said:

We can at least expect some extra OVA's.

so we're thinking in the same way... plot... there's no plot, but who cares. It's all about cute chars (myy Mioo and rest ;p) They can do wathever they want, cause that's not the most important thing in K-On!(sometimes there are funny situations, but it's more like 'slice of life' than 'comedy'). I'm sure that most of us are watching this anime not to follow the plot (which is mostly Matrix - doesn't exsist...) but to stare at their faves kawaii faces. I know, there are a lot of songs thing conected with this series... but it's some kind of pretty bonus given to this sweet animated cake :)

So, to make it clear. As long as kejon fans shows their interests in cute girlsband, it's probably to see new eps/seasons/specials or watheva :)

Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer and today... you.
Sep 4, 2010 5:58 PM

Mar 2010
havsie said:
Now all we need is K-ON! in college with all the girls getting railed by fratboys.

if this happens I will pick up K-ON! again just for the special.

Sep 4, 2010 9:36 PM

Jul 2008
AO968 said:

And I have a problem with people who don't respect another person's opinion if it differs from his/her own. Seriously, what are you even doing here?

I don't feel like creating another debate but I would just like to state that there is difference between something that is subjective and something that is objective. Objectively K-on is bad, now I said that I don't mind if people like it which is something subjective (opinion are subjective) but there is impossible to have an oppion about what K-on objectively is because it is based on fact.

I am here to discuss, with people that assume that what they like have flaws, that they can like something that is objectively bad and if they are able to assume it then it is even more interesting to debate with them. I don't like to debate with the usual moron that goes crying when I badmouth something they like.
Sep 5, 2010 11:52 AM

Sep 2010
Dandere-chan said:

Well, I have no problem with people disliking it, I do have problem when people say it's worse than most shows or it is a complete failure.

You're right, this anime isn't about the great story or ingenius plots. But not every anime has to be that way. I'm normally not that much of a moe fan, so I thought I wouldn't find this anime interesting. But somehow I did. It took me and I love watching it.

Now that's my subjective opinion. The objective opinion... that doesn't excist.
There is no jury that says what anime is better than the other and why. Like mostly everything in life, anime is about the taste of the viewer. If you tell us that we have bad taste, than that's your subjective opinion. Nobody in the world is able to tell objectively what's the best.

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Sep 7, 2010 6:14 AM

Mar 2010
WTF, I just start reading it, get caught up. and am greeted with a message that the next chapter is the last one?!?!?!? Total buzz kill :'(
Sep 13, 2010 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
ona5200 said:
WTF, I just start reading it, get caught up. and am greeted with a message that the next chapter is the last one?!?!?!? Total buzz kill :'(

That's the life, man. It is a cruel path with tears at the end.
Sep 13, 2010 3:56 PM

Nov 2008
I would love an OVA of K-ON with the girls in college with plenty of ecchi.

Sep 13, 2010 4:52 PM

Sep 2010
Hoppy said:
I would love an OVA of K-ON with the girls in college with plenty of ecchi.

I guess ecchi is the very last they would add to K-ON

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Sep 13, 2010 5:45 PM

Apr 2007
'bout time
Sep 13, 2010 6:56 PM
Jan 2010
Ahh... there goes my motivation to play guitar...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

4 by mshfqtny »»
10 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
60 minutes ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.