Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 17, 2013 12:26 PM

Dec 2009
Hello and welcome, Neo! It's very awesome to have you as our newest member - and YES! Thank you for finally getting us to 200 members!! This anime is so underappreciated, it's great to finally have some new blood here. \(^o^)/

Please, feel free to ask about anything you were curious to know. I'll try my best to answer, although I apologize for any delays. m( _ _ )m; I don't get notifications anymore when someone posts (I used to - what's up with MAL?) and I don't check often because the community is so quiet.

Nice to meet you!

Welcome RandomAsianGuy also!! To answer your questions, there is no way to find out what happens after Season 2 - because nothing exists afterwards. Both the manga and anime stop at the same place, and no new Kenpuchou video games or radio dramas were released since (at least to my current knowledge, though I admit I haven't kept as up-to-date as I once did).

Yes, TM is a franchise built around the original video games. Unfortunately, the VGs were never released outside of Japan. The only way to learn about it is to purchase from retailers in Japan, or talk to someone who has played it. I only know Zach over at LiveJournal, and he's shared a lot of the backstory for the prequel and character details at the Tokyo Majin Community there.
May 2, 2013 6:54 PM

Mar 2012
Im not sure if you went over it but I tried to skim over to see and didnt find anything.

What is your ideas on Claire, She was one of my favorite characters even before the switch to the good side. Her ending seems to be the most harsh, By herself, Blind and just wanting to be with Tatsuma. It was kinda of disappointing to see her that way and not getting any closure on it.

Thoughts about her?
Jun 2, 2013 10:20 PM

Dec 2009
Hey there, BozoThyClown! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ Thanks for joining us, and making an effort in the group. It's nice to hear from people every now and again.

I really liked Claire, and that says a lot because I typically do not care for female characters, and especially the kawaii Lolita types. I admit, I do prefer her as the little villainess - I loved her crazed anger and the way she clashed with Tendou (I even wrote a fanfic about it!). But because she was so awesome as an antagonist I could tolerate her as a protagonist... although I really wish her mental transformation was given a longer lapse since her back-story was so deep, but it was understandable. She lost the object of her obsession (Yagyuu) and found a new "saviour" in Tatsuma.

I did get tired of her silly infatuation with Tatsuma. That is, until I read the manga. She's never a villain in the original story. She runs away from her school (Rosenkreuz Academy) and by chance meets Tatsuma - who ultimately saves her from the scientists and teachers of Rosenkreuz, who are corrupted by the Kidou-shuu and turn into demons. Afterwards, she has a major crush on Tatsuma and likewise calls Aoi her "big sister". So the Claire in season two finally embodies her true self, as it were.

What I liked best about her crush on Tatsuma was how ferociously it seemed to make Suzaku fight in the end. I think you're right, she did seem to get the worst ending, losing her hero and "love of her life" and ending up blind. I think she probably went blind because unlike the other Vessels, she'd been using her fire-powers since, apparently, forever - and when she did use them, her eyes bulged out and her body kinda, uh, fell apart.(゜◇゜)The other Vessels were shown as being ill by the end too, but they were new to their powers so not as drained.

She did end up all alone more or less by choice - she went looking for Tatsuma (as best she could in her state). I think the lack of closure for her was another way to tell the audience that Tatsuma was still alive and fighting.

Was there anything specific you wanted to know? She really does have a bigger involvment in the anime so there's not much else to go by in the manga or game, unfortunately.
Sep 1, 2013 7:46 AM
Sep 2013
Hello there. I'm new here but I've watched TMGKT multiple times and I saw it the first time when it first came out. This is definitely one of my favorite anime series.

I realize this forum doesn't get much traffic, but I would like to address some comments made here. They are old comments, so please excuse me for coming to the party so late.

hlwar said:
That "Arigatou" is open to interpretation. I don't believe it was an actual message from Tatsuma to Aoi. I think it was the drama club president's message to the rest of the students putting on Romeo and Juliet before. An ironic final message to be left behind after the devastation of Chaos and Yagyuu. Not a vision, but something which Aoi sincerely felt personally, reflecting on her story - and the story the audience just watched. And the finish of Tatsuma's "Thank you" that we did not get to hear, but understood nonetheless. You could also view it as the creators of the franchise telling the fans/audience thanks via Tatsuma. *shrugs*

I also do not think it was an actual message by Tatsuma to Aoi, but considering the whole episode in which it was shown, it seems to be symbolically something Tatsuma himself said (wrote), even though he didn't write it himself.

In the episode it was cut right before Tatsuma managed to say "thank you" with his own voice (hence the chalkboard "is his voice"); this coupled with the ending theme that shows Tatsuma at the very end in the part with "arigatou", it seems quite logical to conclude it was symbolically Tatsuma's message. BUT why didn't Komaki-Anko take it as such? Why did Aoi look at the dress (which Hiyuu was supposed to wear) and then shed a tear after reading the thank you (which was symbolically Hiyuu's message)? I think this is one of the confirmations the series lays out along its path that Tatsuma is Aoi's beloved.

I will continue on that note a bit later.

-Tatsuma's connection with the sakura tree.

I do think the sakura actually became symbolic of Hiyuu himself to the main cast. Hiyuu was the only character in the anime depicted along with a sakura tree. True, other characters were referred to as sakura flowers, but not the tree itself. The cast even said how important Hiyuu's impact was on them, how they wouldn't have even become what they were without Hiyuu. When Aoi and Kyoichi look at the sakura they always recall Hiyuu so it's safe to assume that they have attributed Hiyuu as the sakura tree.

-Hiyuu's cut hand and the connection to Genbu/Kisaragi

I can see why the connection was made since all other vessels except Kisaragi showed clear signs of the gods taking a toll on their bodies. Kisaragi's mark was also on the same hand that was cut off Hiyuu's body. But Hiyuu did get an arm back. Indeed it didn't have the same tattoo on it anymore and Kisaragi didn't show any signs of being fatigued by Genbu, so this is something I cannot really refute nor argue anymore. I will say though that in my opinion I think hlwar is right about the connection to Genbu NOT being severed.

-Kyoichi and Aoi relationship.

Now we're getting into an interesting topic I noticed after my last time watching this series (which was two days ago, lol). I actually don't think they have romantic feelings for one another, and even if they did, Kyoichi wouldn't do anything about it. Here's why: Kyoichi seems to be the rock of the group. He's like an immovable mountain and very vital to the whole group. But due to that he's also everyone's sort of "big brother". Kyoichi is the only one who doesn't have unresolved spiritual issues. Daigo's issue is him "betraying" his friend and having a crappy dad, Komaki is just hysterical actually, Hiyuu's parents got killed and he has been without friends his whole life, Aoi feels guilty for not helping her friend in the fire and carries a lot of responsibility.

Yes, Kyoichi's father did die, but honestly Kyoichi seems to have gotten over it. He even conquered his weakness back when one of the Kenbu almost killed him. When someone needs something to look up on, they look at Kyoichi. When someone needs an extra push to get over their current issues of low confidence (Komaki and Sakura situation where Komaki couldn't pull herself together over Sakura; Hiyuu's parents dying and Kyoichi snapping Hiyuu back to reality; Aoi's overburdance by everyone else's problems and getting acknowledgment from Kyoichi that she did enough in s2ep10) they go to Kyoichi! Kyoichi doesn't really seem like a love candidate to Aoi anymore, he's more like a big brother.

Indeed, Kyoichi did give Aoi his sheath but he also gave it to Anko. Indeed, Kyoichi didn't say what Aoi was in s2e10, but considering the context it didn't seem like Kyoichi was trying to say he loved her, but rather something more straight forward (like Kyoichi did always), such as Aoi not being able to help with Hiyuu's situation when Aoi tried to go with him, and being too important to the other people for her to leave (which actually could be one of the reasons why she snapped because she was tired of it).

Then why did Aoi so desperately want to go with Kyoichi if not because of love? I'll tell you why, Komaki wasn't really that fair to Aoi. She kept bombarding Aoi with her own personal problems even when Aoi was faced with her own problems. Aoi constantly took the weight of the world on her shoulders (something stated by Kyoichi as well in s2e10) and helped everyone else deal with their problems. Who helped Aoi? Hiyuu and Kyoichi, not Komaki ;)
What Aoi was afraid of was that she would be crushed by everyone else's problems, that she would have to do all the protecting and not be protected herself (which Hiyuu and Kyoichi did). She needed Kyoichi there to be the rock he always was to everyone. Without Kyoichi who would help Aoi deal with her problems? What would Aoi have to look up to and rely on if not Kyoichi? Aoi bursting had more to do with fatigue and overburdance than actual romantic love towards Kyoichi. I admit she may confuse her feelings as love, but here's where I trust Kyoichi works as the reality check.

-Aoi and Tatsuma.

This pairing was pretty much confirmed in the series. In season 1 at the end it's clear that Tatsuma was really the only one capable of drawing Aoi back to reality. They share a bond much more than friends so Tatsuma was really the only one. In season 2 when Maria was looking at Aoi trying to say something to Hiyuu, Maria mentioned what Aoi was trying to say: For Aoi and Hiyuu to run away together and leave that mess behind. Why didn't Aoi say that then? I can't really say for certain if it was due to Aoi's own realization of how irresposbile it would be to leave the mess behind, or if it was Hiyuu's sixth sense realizing what Aoi was trying to say and kindly pointing out to her that they can't do that; but she thought it nonetheless.

Aoi also got jealous of Hiyuu when he was dating the dead girl out of guilt. She is very mature though so she won't show her jealousy any more than she did. At the end of season 1 Aoi stuck to Hiyuu like Marie Claire did in season 2, and kindly showed her amusement over Marie Claire being so clingy to Hiyuu (but didn't show jealousy as she did with the dead girl, so she never really saw Marie as a valid candidate for Hiyuu's love, most probably due to Hiyuu's own lack of interest). Not to mention the whole scar showing thing she did with Hiyuu (and no one else). At the end of season 2 she seems unable to get Hiyuu out of her mind, going constantly to the sakura tree to be reminded of Hiyuu and even NEEDING to get Hiyuu back. The very end of season 2 seems to be a confirmation of how much she misses Hiyuu. She didn't shed a tear for Kyoichi after all. Furthermore I read that in the mangas and the games it's more obvious Aoi loves Hiyuu, and one of the mangas was made after the anime.

And the final nail on the coffin: Official artwork depicting Aoi and Tatsuma getting married.

-So who's Kyoichi's lover?

Hard to say. He seems to me like he's the Miyamoto Musashi of the group, trying to better himself, a true warrior who just may want to end up alone. But there were little hints here and there. At first I didn't consider Anko a candidate but after Kyoichi giving her the sheath, her wanting a picture, and then looking at the picture for a long period of time even after Kyoichi came back makes me think she has romantic feelings for him. Does Kyoichi think the same? I honestly don't think so. I would like it though since Koyichi is an amazing character and it would be nice to see him happy, but he has that warrior shtick working too well for him.

Another candidate could be one of the miko sisters. The Aoi mk2 (who shoots a bow I think) admitted she had feelings for someone, I tried to think who it may be but couldn't think of a single guy she interacted with... Except Kyoichi. She went behind Komaki mk2 when Kyoichi looked at her, and Komaki mk2 interpreted the situation as her sister being frightened. But was she just shy? It's a fairly common anime situation that a girl goes behind something or someone due to a boy and becomes shy.

I tried to base all of my points on objective observations. Hopefully no one gets annoyed or offended by these points :)
Sep 9, 2013 2:16 PM

Dec 2009
Hello EmAyEx! Thank you for joining our club and adding to the conversations! It is dead here, but every little bit helps. And wow, those are some clear-cut observations. :)

Official artwork depicting Aoi and Tatsuma getting married.

Where did you see artwork of them getting married? (O_o) Unless you mistook the prom picture?

Anyway, the anime decided to throw in so many romantic oblique allusions for Aoi it's a little frustrating for fans. That was probably their intention since they discarded a number of characters from the multiverse. Yet the manga the anime is based on clearly represents Aoi and Tatsuma as the pairing. (Like you mentioned - which you probably read somewhere from me because, sadly, I think I'm the only English-speaker who talks about this series as a whole. ><)

BUT this is because in the manga Kyouichi is paired with Arisa Fujisaki. She was left out of the anime, and instead the staff decided to focus conflicted feelings towards Aoi.

The miko sister you're talking about, Hinano Oribe, is alluded to have feelings for Hisui Kisaragi.
Mar 21, 2014 8:00 PM

Mar 2014
I just finished up the show, and I'm so grateful I found this thread. The open ending would've driven me nuts trying to figure out what happened to everyone!

Gotta agree with a lot of the theories here, and wanna throw in my own thoughts.

There were a few references throughout the show about Tatsuma being asleep, so Kyoichi saying he'll "wake him up" makes me think that in order for Tatsuma to hold back/stop Yagyuu, he had to "sleep" in some form. Maybe he even knew of the sacrifice he had to make (and being unable to return to his friends), judging by his expression right before he disappeared.

There's also definitely some sort of connection between Tatsuma and Kyoichi. The very first day in class, Kyoichi ran right up to him and started fighting. There's probably some deep meaning for this connection, but I'm certain Kyoichi didn't come up with Tatsuma's location by accident.

I'm also wondering: what exactly is Yagyuu's power? Based on how he was targeting the Yin/Yang Vessels, perhaps the reason he's lived so long is that he's had experience with them in the past (and maybe even was partially successful - enough to give him immortality). We even see that after absorbing Ryuuji, he became younger (although I'm not sure if that's just because Ryuuji himself was young when they merged).

At the end it seems like he completely absorbed the Yin/Black Dragon from Ryuuji. His left eye has a weird slit and seems to be the source of his power, and we see that at the end, Ryuuji is sealed up with charms and they cover his left eye (and missing an arm and a leg). Perhaps having his power stolen made him "unstable" in a way and they had to seal him? Considering the Yin is an existence that wasn't meant to exist at the same time as the Yang, this probably made him even more "unstable" than he may have already been. Perhaps being disabled and in a wheelchair was a sign of that instability.

Assuming Yagyuu has stolen the Yin, this kinda makes it seem poetic in a way, seeing as there's no foreseeable end to the anime/manga:
Tatsuma, the Yang, stuck in an eternal (but balanced) fight with Yagyuu, the Yin.

(Also did Aoi lose her eye or was it just healing? I couldn't tell)
VysarineMar 21, 2014 8:49 PM
Jun 18, 2014 9:21 PM
Jun 2014
I finished this anime a few hours ago and like many others disliked the way it ended. The final epic fight unfinished, my favorite character by far, tatsuma, gone (forever? no way to know). Anyways, I read this whole thread and had something to ask. I saw some people wondering how Kyouchi knew that tatsuma was in China. and raito (lightning boy right? some of the names are hard for me to remember :x) leaving for a tour.

Now my question is. There was a scene in the anime, season 2 episode 10, in which boy raito and Kyouchi are demanding the truth from the old master and uh the guy that's with him. I just assumed that it was these two who told both raito and kyouchi that tatsuma was still fighting somewhere in China. From the confusion I read in the first thread of this topic, I'm beginning to think my initial assumption was wrong.

Also wanted to say, lot of helpful insight in here! It just sucks that this will probably never get the closure that would have made it, in my opinion, one of the best animes I've seen :/
Dec 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2009
Hey guys! Just checking in. I apologize for my long absence but I don't visit MAL much anymore, mostly because I don't get to watch new titles to archive. Anyway, it is awesome to see folks still interested in Tokyo Majin.

Thanks for adding your thoughts everyone! To Vysarine, I don't think Yagyuu has a specific power. Let's just call him a Master of the Dark Arts, an all-around magician. (^_~) But I have to agree with your thoughts, I do think he was leeching power off his underlings; he is usually depicted as the goading force behind the Kidou-shuu cult. The slit in his eye, I believe, is from fighting Tatsuma's father, when he was sealed the first time, and it's true it seems his lifelong, ultimate goal was absorbing the powers of the Golden Dragon. In Tatsuma's time, there is the existence of the Yin Dragon, which became his new target. So I think all your theories are correct.

Also, regarding Aoi, I can't tell for certain, either. I too thought it was just healing, but she might just keep it covered because it shows the Bodhisattva Eye sign (the ying yang symbol, was it?) after her power awakened. We don't know.

tom2991, yeah, one of the eternal questions: how did they know Tatsuma was in China? I don't think anything concrete was offered. It was possible Ryuuzan Arai (the old guy) told them, because I think Ryuuji was connected to Tatsuma and would know; but the other Stars of Fate would then also know because of their connection, hence Kisaragi going with Kyouichi. And I don't think Raito knew where Tatsuma was. I think he merely made the decision to go look for him on his own.

It's one of those up-in-the-air topics. I don't think we're meant to know for sure. All they wanted to do was continue the eternal balancing act of the Ying and Yang, sell more video games in the franchise and keep the door open for a possible sequel. What they really wanted us to realize was that Tatsuma's friends never stopped hoping to bring him home safe. End on that positive message.
Mar 2, 2021 2:40 PM
Aug 2018
I know i'm very late to the party, but i have to ask, WTF IS WRONG W KYOUICHI? YOU GOTTA PICK ONE MY GUY, AOI OR ANKO PLS YOU'RE KILLING ME MAN. Since the manga ends in the same place as the anime i will NEVER know who the fuck he picks unless they announce something wich which isn't likely. I hate it. Thank you for reading.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Majin Gakuen Games

hlwar - Jun 3, 2013

1 by Yuki_Nitta »»
Jul 30, 2016 10:26 PM

» [CLOSED] Member Cards

hlwar - Jul 15, 2010

40 by hlwar »»
Jan 5, 2013 11:04 AM

» ACID ♫♪

hlwar - May 4, 2010

18 by hlwar »»
Jan 5, 2013 10:54 AM

» Claim a Character [Round One OPEN]

hlwar - Sep 9, 2010

8 by KyousukeImadori »»
Dec 7, 2012 1:32 AM

» What's your prediction after the last episode?

Natsu_Neko - Aug 27, 2012

4 by Natsu_Neko »»
Aug 29, 2012 1:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.