Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2010 1:04 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Toru!!! I can't believe he's gone!! But I'm so glad that Masao is getting what he deserves!
Aug 5, 2010 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
AnimeMama said:
I'm so glad that Masao is getting what he deserves!

This. I hope he doesn't come back.
Aug 5, 2010 1:36 PM

Dec 2007
Masao is so annoying -.- Finally he is dead XD

Poor Toru-chan ;___;
Aug 5, 2010 1:42 PM

Dec 2007
Derp.
Derp derp.

Good episode, but it didn't quite have the creep factor of the last one. But I suppose it's best that they don't overplay the creepiness to make it more shocking when it does come.
MeddigoAug 5, 2010 6:19 PM
Aug 5, 2010 2:03 PM

Sep 2008
My god Megumi is totally a goddess.

I think if they punched Masao enough, it might fix his face.
I don't think anything can fix his running.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2010 2:33 PM

Dec 2007
*whistles*
MeddigoAug 5, 2010 6:19 PM
Aug 5, 2010 2:36 PM

Sep 2008
Kanade-chan said:
Meddigo said:
You know Masao is gonna go back for his brother's wife. He hates her so much.

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
FUCK. You spoiled it, he didn't. Think a little please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2010 2:38 PM

Jan 2009
as expected, He died...
and, MASAO got assaulted

they had been making this show so well until this week.
but, I felt this episode was not so great, compared to Manga, and in comparison to past other episodes.
regrettably, they omitted some parts about his death.

And yeah, Masao was really funny, as he cries, mourns, and RUNS!! ROFL
Hana-keiSep 4, 2010 1:13 PM
Aug 5, 2010 2:39 PM

Mar 2009
Is it subbed by anyone yet except HorribleSubs?
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 5, 2010 2:39 PM

Sep 2009
AnimeMama said:
Toru!!! I can't believe he's gone!! But I'm so glad that Masao is getting what he deserves!

you just read my mind XD
Aug 5, 2010 2:51 PM

Jul 2010
Masao is the weirdest anime character I have ever seen. I still dont like Megumi...her and her obbsessive vibes.
This was an okay episode. Felt bad about Toru, but I mean its obvious hes gonna come back.
Aug 5, 2010 2:53 PM

Jan 2009
I do like what I'm seeing. : >
And I'm actually so glad Toru is dead~ : D
Though since he'll probably be back, it won't last for long.
Now, if only Masao could die a natural death instead of being bitten, I'd be really happy.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 5, 2010 2:55 PM

Oct 2009
Kanade-chan said:
Meddigo said:
You know Masao is gonna go back for his brother's wife. He hates her so much.

I didn't think Meddigo was actually spoiling anything, just making a prediction based on what he observed. It's not any different than anyone going "OMG vampires" after seeing Shimizu show her teeth and go after Tohru, or did you think those people were giving away spoilers as well?
ionphantomAug 5, 2010 3:16 PM
Aug 5, 2010 3:19 PM

Apr 2009
kodial said:

Funimation's subbing it.

Aww, Toru died.
So glad Masao died, though. So annoying.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Aug 5, 2010 3:35 PM

Apr 2010
Mosao is really emotionless talking that way about your nephew, getting that angry at someone on your best friends funeral, just because he wasn't crying.
He was a real creep just makes me wonder will he come back after death? And will he be even more of a creep then he already was?

Also what will happen to Natsuno after ripping that letter apart.
Aug 5, 2010 5:17 PM

Jul 2009
I'm wondering; since those who are dying have all quite their jobs before-hand (and possibly were retired), were they concenting to becoming vampires; making preparation for thire new lives?
In the oldies cases, after eternal youth, whilst the youngsters may like the glamourous lifestyle?

Poor Toru, yet I must say, his shrine was very beautiful
Shimizu needs a steak through her chest; she was annoying alive.:p

In Masao's case...
I think it's rather lazy of the writer(s) to create a loathsome character just so they can bump them off and nobody would care?
(He'll make an interesting looking vampire and would prove great villian material; being a sociopath)
(Masao's older brother got the looks in the family, this may be why he's soo bitter)

In a tiny town, with people dropping like flies, I'd move.;)

Aug 5, 2010 5:23 PM
Jun 2010
I don't get Masao, he's an emo kid but when some unknown guy jumps from a tree and bite his neck his only reaction is : "I know this guy"

LOL

Aug 5, 2010 5:42 PM

May 2009
Good episode though not great, especially compared to source material and last week. This scene in the manga actually creeped me out quite a bit anime wasn't as good though.
They have forgot to include small bits though over all still great. Onto next week~
Aug 5, 2010 6:01 PM
Aug 2009
Awww, Toru. :'(

YESSS, MASAO! :')

I'm sooo happy that he's going to be the next one to die. I don't think it'll be instantly though, because it apparently takes a day or two after being bitten for them to die (like with Megumi and Toru, at least). I hope he doesn't come back. :/

But according to this show, the wackier your character design, the more important you are. Look at all of the "dead character of the day"s. Most of them have brown/black hair and regular designs. But some characters have weird hair styles and colors (Megumi, Toru, and even that one girl with the blue hair who died) and stand out from the crowd, so it's likely that they will be important. And since Masao is the wackiest of them all, he will probably be back. D=

Also going by that, the Doctor, Priest, Natsuno, the Starburst girl, the nurse with the hair that defies physics, the Starburst girl's cat-boy brother, the guy that gets punched a lot, the guy who punches that guy a lot, and the Kirishikis will all be main players.

And as soon as a new character is introduced, you can tell if they're going to be important or not just by their design. It sort of ruins the surprise though...
Aug 5, 2010 6:09 PM
Jan 2009
kodial said:

http://www.animecrazy.net/shiki-episode-05/163592

What a brat Masao is.

personally I think the way to piss people you don't like off would be to haunt them instead of killing them.

I'm still not totally getting the Natsuno/Megumi. I know she has a crush on him but she isn't making a move on him yet. They haven't really told us why they are main characters yet.

Also, I'm not getting the rokuyo. I usually have the wiki up so I know what it means at the time but the time in the anime isn't posted on the subs, whether it isn't actually written in Japanese or the subbers are just not doing it, I don't know. either way does anyone know why they are bothering to let us know the rokuyo
Aug 5, 2010 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Kanade-chan said:

Won't he just come back as a vampire? He'll probably just be more annoying.
Aug 5, 2010 6:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DrIdiot said:
Kanade-chan said:

I don't think every dead can come back as a vampire....there are a select few who do....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 5, 2010 6:43 PM
Jun 2010
Maybe Masao will be back as a vampire and wil be uglier than ever.
Aug 5, 2010 6:44 PM

Jan 2010
I was just beginning to like Toru, it sucks that he's dead now. :/

But thank God Masao is gonna die, he's annoying as fuck.
Aug 5, 2010 8:05 PM

Sep 2009
wakka9ca said:
DrIdiot said:
Kanade-chan said:
I don't think every dead can come back as a vampire....there are a select few who do....
I hope he doesn't become one.....being a Shiki is just too cool for a creep like that and having fangs with a face like that is just too hard to picture.

Did they show Megumi having a job?...the priest read out her name amongst the people who left their jobs before their death.

Old man---> that is some intricately designed beard you got there XD

Masao is such a retard---> a wierd man above him,leaping out from a tree in the dead night....and he reacts like that?

The sound of little girls laughing while the shiki feeds on Masao---> A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Yay Masao is dead!

Didn't want to see Toru dead but he might return as a Shiki (imagine him with fangs!)
Aug 5, 2010 8:18 PM

Dec 2007
Linalee-Stratos said:
Did they show Megumi having a job?...the priest read out her name amongst the people who left their jobs before their death.

Nah, they were showing all the people who had died along with their names. Megumi was not one who had quit work before her death.
Aug 5, 2010 8:25 PM

Sep 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
Didn't want to see Toru dead but he might return as a Shiki (imagine him with fangs!)
imagineimagineimagine... yeah, won't be as hot as Megumi.
Aug 5, 2010 8:55 PM

Aug 2010
that Masao guy is probably gonna be the creepiest vampire...

...he was pretty creepy to begin with
Aug 5, 2010 8:57 PM

Jul 2010

Aug 5, 2010 10:55 PM

Jan 2010
toru died T^T
but geez i hated that masao guy :P
when that guy jumped from the tree i got so scared 0___0 hahaha
Aug 5, 2010 11:27 PM

Feb 2010
dayummmm. fantastic. so were finally seeing a vampire who isnt from the initial family.

I wonder if the librarian dude can act normal and play it cool like the shiki family, or just run wild in the night.

questions questions. cant wait to find out!!
Aug 5, 2010 11:29 PM

Mar 2010
I vote Masao for being the most annoying character in this summer season. What a whiner... Oh the vampire dude at the end was little bit freaky.

Aug 5, 2010 11:46 PM

Mar 2010
Masao runs like a sissy.

Also, this series needs some more gifs.
It only has that creepy Megumi one :(
Aug 6, 2010 12:02 AM

Mar 2008
Everyone spoke my thoughts exactly regarding Masao. XD Nothing new to say really, including the thought that last week's epi was somewhat better. I'm really interested in the next epi though. x3

I wondered about that too..but perhaps he was thinking of all the victims in general at that point.
Mimi_TaylorAug 6, 2010 12:05 AM
Aug 6, 2010 12:15 AM

Nov 2009
Yay that freak is dead. Was a good episode but what exactly can those shiki do? Megumi stuck him to the ground and paralyized him. You would think they would be noticed entering houses and stuff. Mystery mystery....
Aug 6, 2010 12:44 AM

Jan 2009
meh, Masao's words and attitude was really interesting...

you know, weeks before, he quarreled with Natsuno. and Natsuno said
"A youngster can die" "That's a matter of probability" "you shouldn't think you are an exception" and, Masao got upset

this time, Masao said to his family the same thing.
"even young people can die" "That's just a matter of probability" "and, you shouldn't think your family is an exception" (he may have tried to take a position of Natsuno.)
and, he got a slap and rebuked "Don't you have feelings"

and, at the funeral, he tried to be a compassionate person.
then he challenged Natsuno "You don't have feelings?" "it's cold of you to keep sulky in friend's funeral"
and then, he got reproached.

it is just himself that Masao feels pity for...
he reminds me of Twelve Kingdoms' Suzu.
though I kinda like this pitiful guy!

Spinning Sunako
Hana-keiAug 6, 2010 4:59 AM
Aug 6, 2010 1:05 AM

Mar 2009
Hana-kei said:
meh, Masao's words and attitude was really interesting...

you know, weeks before, he quarreled with Natsuno. and Natsuno said
"A youngster can die" "That's a matter of probability" "you shouldn't think you are an exception" and, Masao got upset

this time, Masao said to his family the same thing.
"even young people can die" "That's just a matter of probability" "and, you shouldn't think your family is an exception" (he may have tried to take a position of Natsuno.)
and, he got a slap and rebuked "Don't you have feelings"

and, at the funeral, he tried to be a compassionate person.
then he challenged Natsuno "You don't have feelings?" "it's cold of you to keep sulky in friend's funeral"
and then, he got reproached.
whom he feels pity for is just himself.

he reminds me of Twelve Kingdoms' Suzu.
though I kinda like this pitiful guy!

Spinning Sunako

Yeah I've no hard feelings against Masao, he just did not know how to express himself. It's unfair to hate him for that.

Anyway, with him dying how many victims are there now? Kinda lost track! LOL

Amazing story so far, I predict that by episode 20 every villager will be dead :P

But I told y'all, didn't I?
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 6, 2010 1:10 AM

Dec 2009
I knew Tohru was gonna die ... still cried in this ep ...
>_> but they should have shown the bitemarks on his hand ...
I love the way they animated Masao , they made him even creepier .. and lol : *random guy jumps on him* Masao: " who is he?" .."oh, he's from the library !"
Aug 6, 2010 2:46 AM

Jan 2010
Thank fuck Masao is dead.
Far out.
Aug 6, 2010 3:04 AM

Feb 2009
Great soundtrack...It really helps in building up the mood.This time,I really felt the sadness and the frustration of the characters.
I really liked the part where Natsuno was ''picturing'' Megumi near Toru's body.The last part of the episode also seemed really ''appropriate''.It just fitted perfectly and felt like a nice ''ending scene'' for the episode.
Also,Masao is a great character.He's so childish and immature.Easy to praise,impossible to like...
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Aug 6, 2010 3:15 AM

May 2010
Tohru is dead T_T but it is chance that he will come back? :D Unfortunately... for Masao too...

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Aug 6, 2010 3:22 AM

Feb 2010
yeah another great episode :)
Aug 6, 2010 3:33 AM

Mar 2009
Is anyone keeping track of the bodycount? I kinda lost it...
Aug 6, 2010 3:56 AM

May 2009
Broccelerator ;_;
Aug 6, 2010 4:05 AM

Dec 2009
i think i'd like this anime even more if they had chopped masao into 100 pieces and then burnt him, instead of biting him, because nows his gunna come back =.=

NOOOOOOOO! TORUUUUUUUUU! DX
but wils he come back? :O
Aug 6, 2010 4:13 AM
Jun 2008
Hmmm, Masao behave "very well" in this episode.
I will now raised my point +1 .Hope Masao would become a Shiki, I am looking forward to that .
Aug 6, 2010 4:31 AM

Jul 2009
Toru ;___;
Pity he had to die because he really a nice guy D:
The funeral was a very touching scene, especially with Natsuno wanting to see his face, and going on to say it was just an empty shell, and wishing there was a way to find him.Wonder if he will turned into vamp like Megumi?

Masao can rot in the ground though. I have no desire to see him again.
Aug 6, 2010 4:41 AM

Mar 2008
this show fails at being drama-ish.
however, it's hilarious. i want to see more blood lol..
felt like the scene was kinda censored.. is it more explicit in the manga?
i have the feeling we'll see masao again (probably) - i'll start reading the manga now or a bit later :)
Aug 6, 2010 6:33 AM

Mar 2009
-Vid said:
Tohru's death was super expected anyway. Anyway, glad Masao is going to die - hope he gets shot by the others or something. I wonder why Natsuno won't just tell the doc about what happened, sure, the story might sound weird.. but the doc knows of the bitemarks (thinking they came from insects?).

I also wonder what's going on with people quitting their job and leaving the town. ;o It's good to see that there's more than just aspect to this show. Loving it. <3

I don't think he has cleared it out in his head yet wether it was a dream or not.
Aug 6, 2010 7:33 AM
Jan 2010
GennyMon said:
i think i'd like this anime even more if they had chopped masao into 100 pieces and then burnt him, instead of biting him, because nows his gunna come back =.=

NOOOOOOOO! TORUUUUUUUUU! DX
but wils he come back? :O

Agreed,now he'll come back to be an annoying fucking ugly vampire.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.