Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 7, 2010 11:54 AM
Jul 2010
qvnsq said:
there should be less sion and more ryner and ferris.

BUT WAIT what if sion is the only main character then it would be like death note or code geass lol.

nope can't be ryner is the main character cause he's more awesome! sion seems like he'll fall to whatever methods to achive his goal (a normal behavior of an affably evil person)
Aug 7, 2010 12:16 PM

Apr 2008
death1217 said:

subs been out for a long time now dark knight

well I saw no link to it here >_>;;;
Aug 7, 2010 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
LOL kings guards XD
Aug 7, 2010 3:49 PM
Jun 2008
LOL
the review of this Anime is a win
Aug 7, 2010 4:57 PM

Aug 2009
I like how it's all serious then suddenly- SLAPSTICK!

Gosh, I'm starting to love LOL Heroes for the LOLage
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 7, 2010 5:30 PM

Mar 2009
So, ultimately, did Sion order the attack on Toale, or did Miran act of his own accord? I'm confused, even after following the discussion here. I guess, for now, I'll have to rewatch the episode.
Aug 7, 2010 6:44 PM

Oct 2008
Mormegil said:
So, ultimately, did Sion order the attack on Toale, or did Miran act of his own accord? I'm confused, even after following the discussion here. I guess, for now, I'll have to rewatch the episode.

I'm not sure myself. Maybe because of the sub. Black-haired man? Ryner?

I really hope that Sion will be the villain. Go Ryner!
Aug 7, 2010 7:04 PM
Jun 2008
It seem the discussion are not convincing enough LOL
I think just let our own to believe what we like ok?
I believe Miran act own his own and Sion doesn't wish world domination as he said in this episode.Amen
Aug 7, 2010 9:15 PM
Feb 2009
Yay some character development for Ferris
Aug 8, 2010 4:18 AM

Nov 2009
Khalid said:
Mormegil said:

Well, really, based on the last scene where Sion mentions about indirectly killing Ryner and Ferris, it sounds like he gave the order. However, he knew that those two were there and there doesn't seem to be a reason for Sion to kill Toale. I guess actually Miran acted on his own. Like you said, the confusion might be caused by the subs as well.

Also, Ferris in helpless and weak form looks cute. Though I'm getting sick of Ryner constantly getting beaten by her too.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
Aug 8, 2010 8:01 AM

Jan 2009
mehmed said:
Khalid said:
Mormegil said:
Well, really, based on the last scene where Sion mentions about indirectly killing Ryner and Ferris, it sounds like he gave the order. However, he knew that those two were there and there doesn't seem to be a reason for Sion to kill Toale. I guess actually Miran acted on his own. Like you said, the confusion might be caused by the subs as well.
Sion did however more or less order Miran to take care of the problem. Which in Miran's eyes probably includes anyone who could prove an obstacle for Sion's world domination.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 8, 2010 8:03 AM

Sep 2009
MorningGlory said:
LOL
the review of this Anime is a win

Please explain me: "but anyway he's feet to be one" XD

"the king sends him on a mission with Ferris, the sister of Eris"---> wow this rymes XD

True true epic review..*laughs*
Aug 8, 2010 8:28 AM

Aug 2009
Another amazing episode.

Don't have a lot to say...
Aug 8, 2010 8:38 AM
Jun 2008
Oosran said:
Sion did however more or less order Miran to take care of the problem. Which in Miran's eyes probably includes anyone who could prove an obstacle for Sion's world domination.
Miran think too much,which probably I think he is more likely a gay.

OrochiPL said:

- Wait, every idiot would notice that Miran was using that ring to control shadows, amiright?
That is because it keep on shining non-stop.
MorningGloryAug 8, 2010 9:34 AM
Aug 8, 2010 9:03 AM

Sep 2009
It´s a shame that a grand anime like this was underestimated by the subbers. (there´s dozens working at 'high school of shit', and a few with Densetsu no Yuusha...).
Aug 8, 2010 9:26 AM

Jun 2009
- Lol, that review is indeed epic. xd
- Wait, every idiot would notice that Miran was using that ring to control shadows, amiright?

So yeah, another week, another good episode, another week of waiting for next episode - sounds like Capitan Obvious. Also, i've got a feeling i'll like the new girl with drill.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 8, 2010 11:39 AM
Jun 2010
imagine what would have happened if Ferris died in this episode. Sion = headshot by Eris.

Aug 8, 2010 3:05 PM

Dec 2007
Tatynin said:
It´s a shame that a grand anime like this was underestimated by the subbers. (there´s dozens working at 'high school of shit', and a few with Densetsu no Yuusha...).

Agree
Aug 8, 2010 4:03 PM

Nov 2007
Ryner got beat up too much. also was Sion the master that ordered Toaru killed? why?
Aug 8, 2010 4:59 PM
Nov 2008
RYNER X FERIS =WIN...they hugged O_O WEEE ..that was one..*ahum* cute*ahum* hug...i kinda like this possible couple.And Ferris is so cute sometimes.
Aug 8, 2010 5:45 PM

Oct 2008
Tatynin said:

I didn't watch the anime yet. But I still kinda surprise it is this popular. It didn't seems that way with the manga.

Commie sub are out let see what the dialogue will be.
Aug 8, 2010 6:30 PM
Jun 2007
Mormegil said:

The way I saw it Sion ordered Miran to eliminate all possible threats. Miran then took that order to the extreme by including Toale among his targets, because even though Toale has absolutely no power within the Nelphan Kingdom he might hinder the grand goal of conquering the continent since he has the potential to be a great leader in the future.
So, to answer your question, Sion did order the attack, though inadvertently.

---------

Anyways, I'm really loving this show. The two story arcs (Ryner and Ferris', and Sion's) remind me of the Slayers series and the Golden Age Arc in Berserk respectively. Cheeky, light-hearted humor and adventure on one side; political intrigue and maneuvering on the other. Good stuff.
avrcAug 8, 2010 7:23 PM
Aug 8, 2010 7:01 PM

Nov 2007
MorningGlory said:
Oosran said:

What the fuck?
Aug 8, 2010 7:20 PM
Jun 2007
MorningGlory said:
Oosran said:

Not gay; just fabulous.
Aug 8, 2010 8:20 PM

May 2009
I like the fights in this anime. They're quite spectacular and fun to watch with all the magic and summonings going on.
Miran is a shady and mysterious character, also very powerful with that shadow-controlling ring. I wonder what his ulterior motives for serving Sion are...
Awesome episode, looking forward to the next one.
Aug 8, 2010 9:03 PM
Jun 2008
Avarice said:
MorningGlory said:
Oosran said:

Not gay; just fabulous.
I was hoping that You will say Miran is Suuupeer~~

Actually Sion's decision is really inconsistent in this episode.It is true that Sion gave order to Miran to protect Sion(eliminate all threat),but Sion having regret in the end of the episode is really confusing.The second order given to Miran by Sion is to leave the Starnel' case to the King of Nerpha and Sion will directly talk to the king by himself.Since Sion order is not specific enough,Miran assume that he can still continue his mission(eliminate all threat) .
During episode 5,Ryner said that Nerpha is a good country and its govern by a Good king,But during epsidoe 6,when Iris mention about good king and bad king.Sion immediately suspect the good king is Toale instead of King of Nerpha.I am very confusing at that point,because Sion knows Toale gonna be attack but still he ask Miran to accompany him even though Sion aware of Miran's master plan of taking over the world.Sion decision of choosing Miran in his side is a very big suspicion already,since Miran is a kind of guy who will kill his own father to achieve any goal.

MorningGloryAug 8, 2010 10:08 PM
Aug 8, 2010 11:09 PM

Oct 2009
Tatynin said:

Agree x2.

Anyways, this episode is actually very good and I love the fight scene and the random comedy that Ferris has created.
The problem with this episode is, like everybody said, is too confusing. Either there's a huge hole in the plot that needs to be repaired or something was completely missing and they decided to leave it out, cause as far as I know, Miran went on his own to try assassinate Toale in order to have Sion be the perfect king.

However, as Avarice said on post #75, it could've been ordered by Sion inadvertently because he just needed to murder the possible threats such as a possible assassination of Sion.

I guess it can be said both ways since Miran is basically an evil guy that joined the good side.

Episode: 8.75/10

Aug 8, 2010 11:52 PM
Jun 2007
MorningGlory said:
Actually Sion's decision is really inconsistent in this episode.It is true that Sion gave order to Miran to protect Sion(eliminate all threat),but Sion having regret in the end of the episode is really confusing.The second order given to Miran by Sion is to leave the Starnel' case to the King of Nerpha and Sion will directly talk to the king by himself.Since Sion order is not specific enough,Miran assume that he can still continue his mission(eliminate all threat) .

Sion's regret at the end could be stemmed from his not being specific of his orders to Miran. Yes, he ordered Miran to kill the nobles that conspired with the Anti-Sion faction in Roland. At least, Sion thought that that would be the extent of Miran's actions. Clearly he did not anticipate that Miran would arbitrarily include Toale among them, which led to his clash against Ryner and Ferris.
During episode 5,Ryner said that Nerpha is a good country and its govern by a Good king,But during epsidoe 6,when Iris mention about good king and bad king.Sion immediately suspect the good king is Toale instead of King of Nerpha.I am very confusing at that point,because Sion knows Toale gonna be attack but still he ask Miran to accompany him even though Sion aware of Miran's master plan of taking over the world.Sion decision of choosing Miran in his side is a very big suspicion already,since Miran is a kind of guy who will kill his own father to achieve any goal.

You're mixing up things here. He thought that Toale might make a better king because of Toale's education. Because of that Sion thought that he would make for a better king than the current one. He had no clue that Miran would attempt to assassinate Toale and attack Ferris and Ryner. As far as we know, both parties (Ferris and Ryner; and Miran) were unaware of each others' existences and their respective connections to Sion until their meeting.
As for Sion taking Miran as an advisor/assassin/etc., it's pretty apparent that their relationship is one based on the benefits gained by standing with each other. Sion is using Miran to clean up the faction/s opposing him while Miran is using this job as a means to fatten up his status and gain more power. Both see each other as a stepping stone to achieve their own goals.
Aug 9, 2010 2:28 AM
Jun 2008
@Avarice
So you are saying that Sion is just making a small mistake??
Anyway,I believe in Sion's word .

I still believe that Sion knows the situation very well from the start but I was confuse why he was regretting about the thing he has done.
(sorry,but I will borrow some quote to prove my explanation)
Laevantein said:
Miran needs to kill every talented people which will probably become a hindrance for Sion to take over the world..it's understandable that he did what is necessary so his master could accomplish his task much more easier, in this case Toale is that talented person.

and I believe Sion knows Miran's evil ambition very well.I believe Sion is a clever king and that is why he question Miran's ambition again before the attack during the night.
Avarice said:
He thought that Toale might make a better king because of Toale's education. Because of that Sion thought that he would make for a better king than the current one.
You said it yourself.I guess Sion is Clever ,and he purposely sent a snake in to Ryner's bed room.It is kinda weird right?
Anyway,my explanation is full with word like "believe" and such.So maybe I am wrong.Maybe he may have make a weird mistake.
Aug 9, 2010 6:34 AM

May 2008
Indeed Shion's last scene was confused the entire episode, but I also think that Miran acted on his own way and Shion didn't want to kill Toale~
Great episode was this, and I loved the Ferris/Ryner moment~
Aug 9, 2010 12:55 PM

Jul 2009
LOL when Sion visited Ryner and Ferris XD. After the break during the ball? Yea, that music was EPIC. Fraoude (SP?) is AWESOME. At first I thought his ring could influence people's decisions or something, but it casts SHADOW MONSTERS? Even cooler! Fight scene was really nice as well :D
That girl - Milk? Mehh. Not too sure how I feel about her appearing again :S
Aug 9, 2010 6:52 PM

Jan 2008
Poor Ryner...gets beaten as always by Ferris and then come Shion who visited them but I'll forgive Shion for stamping or kicking Ryner in his fresh civilian attire and who looks cute in eating his breakfast.

Cool fight scene and I wish to see more in the upcoming episodes.
Aug 9, 2010 6:53 PM

Oct 2008
I don't understand why people fear Alpha Stigma so much. Other than that one scene where he kills the magic knights, he isn't that strong at all. Almost all of the time he entirely relies on Ferris to do the major fighting while offering her advice.
Aug 9, 2010 8:03 PM

Aug 2009
Murbella said:
I don't understand why people fear Alpha Stigma so much. Other than that one scene where he kills the magic knights, he isn't that strong at all. Almost all of the time he entirely relies on Ferris to do the major fighting while offering her advice.

Well that's it. That one scene pretty much proved it.

It's not that they are afraid of Ryner, they are afraid of what he could do if provoked far enough. And he can, you know, copy lesser magic which is probably a real pain.
Aug 9, 2010 9:54 PM
Jun 2007
MorningGlory said:
@Avarice
So you are saying that Sion is just making a small mistake??

Yes, that is exactly what I have been saying. That has been the crux of my somewhat tl;dr posts.
Aug 9, 2010 11:57 PM

Apr 2008
Murbella said:

That scene shows he has no control whatsoever. Imagine if he went off like that in the middle of a town. It would be obliterated within the hour.
Aug 10, 2010 2:26 AM
Jun 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Murbella said:

That scene shows he has no control whatsoever. Imagine if he went off like that in the middle of a town. It would be obliterated within the hour.

During episode 3,Has anyone question themselves why the King grant Ryner one wish??
Why The king want to pet a monster inside a cage??If I am a King,I would sentence Ryner to death because he is dangerous.Ryner is not only a Threat to the citizen,but he is also a Threat to the king's reputation .
Aug 10, 2010 2:37 AM

Apr 2008
Ryner is like a nuke with a glitchy timer that could blow at any time.
Aug 10, 2010 4:30 AM

Nov 2009
Tatynin said:

I just watched episode 6 of HOTD and I wholeheartedly agree with you.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
Aug 10, 2010 4:35 AM
Jun 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Ryner is like a nuke with a glitchy timer that could blow at any time.
LOL
I think the audience want to see him blow up again.
Aug 10, 2010 5:31 AM

Apr 2008
I also want to see that >_> XDDD
Aug 10, 2010 12:08 PM

Apr 2007
Hmm... it seemed pretty obvious to me that Miran acted on his own when he went to assassinate Toale. He probably just went by Sion's 'eliminate all problems' and assumed that Toale would eventually become an obstacle. It doesn't seem like he knew that Ryner and Ferris were working for Sion.
Aug 10, 2010 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
Ferris bullying Ryner, morning scene hehe

The battle was amazing

So can we trust Miran Froaude?

and why would Sion kill Toele's grandson? I don't see any threat in him,

Ryner's "crude" caring hehe

@Above user, well you have a point there, but i don't see any threat to his grandson (but I think all related to the King of Nelpha is a threat) and to begin with Miran is a secret hand of Sion (I think) even Sion didn't talk about it with Ryner's group
ZinvyAug 10, 2010 10:23 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 11, 2010 12:29 AM

Jul 2009
^Miran assumed that with Toale's charm, just and that kind of thing he will be able to gathered many strong people, in this case Miran mistaken Ryner and Ferris to be his bodyguard, and if Toale before become a king was already able to gathered many strong people, what will happened if he become the king? this is what concerned Miran to take an action to kill Toale, of course in the end Toale will become Shion's hindrance to unify the land
Aug 11, 2010 2:49 AM
Jun 2008
Miran says: Say yes to World Domination !!!!
Well the story maybe a bit hard, here is the summarize version of episode 5 and 6.
MorningGloryAug 11, 2010 3:01 AM
Aug 11, 2010 9:36 AM
Aug 2010
MorningGlory said:
During episode 3,Has anyone question themselves why the King grant Ryner one wish??
Why The king want to pet a monster inside a cage??If I am a King,I would sentence Ryner to death because he is dangerous.Ryner is not only a Threat to the citizen,but he is also a Threat to the king's reputation .

That caliber is what qualifies you as a commoner.
Aug 11, 2010 9:38 AM
Jun 2008
You impressed me in every turn ...
Rochel5555-Join Date: August 12, 2010
Aug 11, 2010 10:18 AM
Aug 2010
I think the king is just a coward. He wants to use Rayner as a weapon but he can't controle it. He wants to show his superiority but doesn't want to anger him too much.
Aug 11, 2010 11:13 AM

May 2010
Cannot wait until next episode...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 11, 2010 11:16 AM

Nov 2009
great ep xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Dec 16, 2010

314 by Enjyu »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.