Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2010 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, the fight against the Plantman was certainly interesting :P
It was also good to see that both Heroman and Joey were essential in the battle.
Aug 5, 2010 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
Nice episode. Good to see Joey making the most of his super speed.

Hope it's not too long before the next big arc. I'm starting to wonder if there will be a second season to this...
Aug 5, 2010 7:50 AM

Jun 2009
omg plants can turn into robots too XD
That was a nice episode, really love it when Joey use his super speed. I wonder how the next arc will be? I hope its good.
saxophone15 said:
I'm starting to wonder if there will be a second season to this...

A second season would not be too bad.

Aug 5, 2010 8:21 AM

Feb 2009
Lol Fantasticman Captain Hero Mister Giant Heroman bondage there xD. Joey's really good at using Heroman's capabilities here, from using his attacks to locate him to shrinking him, as well as utilizing his super speed and the shield. The part where he threw the small Heroman and it became large again was a smooth move. So this arc is over in an instant. Wonder what Joey is thiking when he said "Those vines" (foreshadowing?). Well whatever, this was a great episode.

When a person goes missing, do you really have to dress like an old-school detective? >.>. We get another villian next episode. Looks like a Skrugg but let's see. Holly is back \(^o^)/

Edit: Been a while since we saw Heroman's victory pose(which really threw people off, I think). Made me lol a bit ;D
belatkuroAug 5, 2010 8:31 AM
Aug 5, 2010 10:52 AM

Dec 2009
A very good episode! I like how Joey is able to keep his mind clear and make the best of the abilities he and Heroman possess. Can't wait for next episode. I love this show!!
Aug 5, 2010 2:12 PM

Aug 2009
Every week I can't get over how awesome the music is. When is the detective will gonna come back? =3
Aug 5, 2010 6:52 PM
Manga DB Admin
Jun 2010
Haha, that was really good. It seems that Heroman's new "power" was really useful too. Also, this one seemed to be trying to add a lot more humor. I laughed when Joey kept yelling go (that might make a nice gif...), and Ravi kept messing up Heroman's name.
This next episode looks really intriguing. Psy's suit looks awesome.
Aug 5, 2010 10:33 PM

Nov 2009
Nice to see Joey being brave and more useful for once. I just noticed that Heroman is like a giant tank; don't see many of those types in anime.

They made the researcher to afraid in the first half but he redeemed himself by the second. He sounded like your parent who tries to talk about your hobbies without actually knowing what they are talking about- "You watching cartoons?"

While the random vine monster was... random it wasn't bad. Looks like holly will find out Heroman's identity... and be crushed.
Aug 6, 2010 2:32 AM

Jan 2008
So he was really a scientific in the end...

Wonder what Joey is thiking when he said "Those vines" (foreshadowing?).

Maybe that the vines were developped by one on those skrugs remains. Wasn't the "crystal" the thing that appeared at the end of the Skrug arc ?
Also, why where the vines seeking for help ? They let Joey, Ravi and Heroman enter the lab, so this wasn't just trap, it's like they wanted to be destroyed.
Aug 6, 2010 3:22 AM

Dec 2007
So I wasn't the only one that caught on to the plant, and its core, appearing distinctly Skurgg in nature. First we had Will returning with a mission to wipe out Skrugg remnants, now we appear to have seen the implications of not doing so. Next episode is probably where the final arc enters full swing.
I would expect more results of Skrugg-based experiments in the future.
Aug 6, 2010 7:31 AM

Jan 2009
since when Psy able to walk without contraptions? and ye the vines are skrugg in nature guess will see it again later and lol Joey is the yellow flash reminds me of Minato from Naruto
Aug 7, 2010 1:16 AM

Jul 2008
Also, why where the vines seeking for help ?

I think they didn't call for help but just repeated what the humans they attacked were yelling.
Aug 7, 2010 10:23 AM

Aug 2009
It was okay. Next episode looks much more interesting though. Finally, MORE HOLLY!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 7, 2010 6:11 PM

Jan 2008
I think they didn't call for help but just repeated what the humans they attacked were yelling.

that wouldn't really explain why they let the group enter lab. Heroman was like a giant walking battery for them and they didn't attacked him.
They also could repeat every the character said on the island and anything the scientific said in the lab. That's still a bit fishy.

I prefer thinking that Skrug technologie somewhat "invaded" the plant, like the thunder would have "invaded" Heroman. That would explain why Heroman appeared in the same time as Skrug. There's maybe something on earth that reject skrug capacity of integration (Heroman fighting skrug while it's hinted that his coming is somewhat related to Skrug, Will and Nick surpassed the brainwash in their own way and no way those plant seeking to destroyed while being manipulated).

This could explain all unexplained things left in the anime and that would really be epic. Plus finishing the story by explaining the origin of Heroman would turn a simple but good plot into a simple but really smart plot.
Aug 8, 2010 2:04 PM

Jun 2008
reikuu- said:
I'm disgusted with the old man (Prof Denton) chasing Collins at the beach..
Haha lol

Huh? They could very well be not very far away in age. Is not like she's a teenagers and he's 70.

Anyway maybe two episodes for the beach episode was too much except if those plants play some bigger role in the future.

My disappointment is that we had this two episodes seeing the girls in swimsuits but what i wanted to see was the hot sister. I wanted to see Holly in a bikini.
Aug 9, 2010 8:02 AM

Aug 2009
The quality of the fights in this episode was spectacular.

Joey really is a cool main character. Just wished he sounded less like a girl, but 19 episodes in and I'm used to it by now.
Aug 9, 2010 11:23 AM

Jul 2008
that plant was really intelligent, especially the mimicry it used
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 10, 2010 6:55 PM

Feb 2010
Looks like Joey uses his ability much more this episode. =)
Aug 11, 2010 4:02 AM

Apr 2009
I guess "Heroman, jump!" was too hard a move to perform to destroy the crystal, huh?

I enjoyed the rest of the fights though. :)
Aug 11, 2010 10:21 PM

Aug 2008
saxophone15 said:
Nice episode. Good to see Joey making the most of his super speed.

Hope it's not too long before the next big arc. I'm starting to wonder if there will be a second season to this...
The next big arc starts at ep 23, and it doesn't look like there is a second season.

While I have said it starts at 23, episode 20 and 21 MAY (or may not) be important to the arc. But yeah, the final battle (I at least assume it is) starts towards the end of 23.
Aug 15, 2010 6:41 PM

Aug 2008
That was a pretty good episode! What really freaked me out was when the plant started mimicking human speech. GTFO!
Sep 3, 2010 11:09 PM

Oct 2008
I LOVE how everyone in this show isn't stupid or expects a lot of convience whenever they're in a tight spot. As cool as it is to see some main character with badass get-up and power-up rescue someone when they're most helpless, it's nice to know for once that in this show the main character(s) try to figure out how to get themselves out of a tight jam by using their brain as oppose to relying on convience!

I'm really glad that Joey learned how to make Heroman small and big again in order to let go of the plants instead of using brute force and of course he tried to tangle the vines with his Sonic the Hedgehog-like speed (classic)! You know what this reminded me of? Disney's Mulan. I love how Mulan didn't depend on Shang to save her skin or use brute force either. No, she used her smarts!
Aug 13, 2012 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
This episode felt like watching King Kong.

Anyways, great to see things work out so well towards the end:

Stark700Aug 13, 2012 9:20 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroman Episode 11 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

24 by ayann72_ »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 12 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 17, 2010

25 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 5 Discussion

garfield15 - Apr 29, 2010

49 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Apr 1, 2010

260 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chucky - Sep 23, 2010

55 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.