Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2010 7:47 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Insanely entertaining!

Action, gore, nudity, the hottest female demon ever and an interesting crazy story.
Apr 5, 2012 10:31 AM

Jul 2011
Bastards!! They killed the Spider-Woman, she was the BEST THING in this OVA!!! D:
Not great, but it was curious and entertaining. 7/10
Karura_JiinsaruApr 5, 2012 4:47 PM
Jun 15, 2012 4:24 AM

Apr 2012
I don't know why, I just did not enjoy this; the demon's were pretty kool, but just the way everything was handled such as the rape scenes, I have read some kool manga with rape scenes like: modern stories of the bizarre and hell season, gantz etc... But I just did not find this anime entertaining what so ever.

“Fear beyond rational limits forces people to cling to normality”
― Hiroya Oku
Sep 29, 2013 1:16 PM
Nov 2011
Not very impressed by the plot, although it did have some decent gags.
The production values, however, were nothing but terrific. The dramaturgy, the art style, the animation, the music, the voice acting: I found all of it top class.
I will thus give the movie a score of 7/10.
Jul 17, 2014 6:45 PM

May 2012
I actually expected this to be much much worse but I actually liked it, combined with the true oldish style of art and animation and no censoring on part of service and what not combined with a mildly interesting story line I did quite found this movie entertaining! It's not the best but definitely not the worst! 7/10
Nov 7, 2014 6:43 PM

Feb 2013
That gun is like an early model Dominator. Wow, that thing has some KICK!

The "weird" stuff was pretty cool. The rest though... a bit lacking.
Aug 17, 2015 7:30 PM

Mar 2014
Not bad!
The animation was definitely the best part about it, but the story also took a few interesting twists as well.
I mean, it's a pretty simple tale and won't blow your mind, but I really liked how it was presented, and the characters were pretty decent, too.

8/10
::End of Transmission::

Sep 17, 2015 10:36 AM
Mar 2014
This was alot better then i expected, it entertained me pretty good.

Nice litle plot twist at the end.

8/10
Oct 29, 2015 2:03 AM

Mar 2013
wheres the seizure warning now i'm blind with the end fight those flashing lights 8/10 would seizure some azn and liked that mouth rape scene damm soo hot !

Mar 19, 2016 8:48 PM

Apr 2012
Its a pretty good erotic horror B-movie, the old guy just doesn't really do it for me
Aug 14, 2016 5:38 PM

Feb 2013
Good movie.
Great fights and some great ecchi scenes, almost hentai.
Aug 29, 2016 12:00 AM

Feb 2013
Entertaining, but idk bout that ending. Old man reveals he's the protector all along, so why did he run away for booty? And if it's just because he's a comic relief wacky character, why was he so serious when Taki decided to leave the safe-haven to save Mika? Why was the guard organization mad that Taki went to save Mika if he himself was actually the one to be protected? What was the benefit of the old man hiding that truth from them? Why was the old man leaving the fighting to them?

The monsters went after the old man because he would be the cause for the "treaty", but how exactly was he even going to pull it off? Who was he signing it with? It really only makes sense that it was the romeo & juliet stuff that we ended up getting with the twist. The story really was a mess that could've been mended with a lot more organizing, and sadly since the story got so lovey-dovey in the second-half, the noir kinda ended and you were left with a crumbling plot-line.
Feb 9, 2017 5:48 PM

Apr 2016
Good fun flick. Typical 80's vibe. Loved it.

Though the tone and characters resembled Ninja Scroll, figuratively and literally.

Nothing wrong with that though. Who doesn't love sexy demon babes?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2017 10:19 PM
Apr 2017
this was grade A stuff visually. The crazy detail on various objects (the revolver, the retro car console, lots of photon overglow) kind of acts as a license to do anything else due to it's PC-98 level of coolness. There's tons of lovely stills in this just of urban scenery and light. But this story i just couldnt get into. i liked the premise but the plot twist killed it for me. It was awful lol.

This is definitely one of those minute to minute "WTF is happening!?" animes. and that's cause it plays the story card so hard imo... my guess is it's probably just going off the source material, and suffers a bit from it.

If that's the case maybe a much looser narrative would have been just as good if not better. I Say that knowing nothing about the source material but the central twist in this movie was just ultimate cheese. It was eye rolling bad!

This is my first experience with ecchi. I read about it but don't think i ever seen it until this. It really adds a lot to the movie, is very entertaining and defines the idea quite well.
Dec 24, 2017 4:42 AM

Nov 2009
This quenched my thirst to watch something bizarre and it made me laugh, especially the spider woman tiptoeing away at the beginning. I went in to this expecting that it wouldn't make sense and be all over the place but it was perfectly understandable (albeit odd) and had a neat little story to tell. Pacing was good. It wasn't epic but it was different and something I'll remember fondly. 7/10
Dec 25, 2017 2:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Veethorn said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Insanely entertaining!

Action, gore, nudity, the hottest female demon ever and an interesting crazy story.

Cannot agree enough with this. Madly entertaining and visually arresting too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 8, 2018 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
I went into this expecting something completely mediocre at best, and something utterly boring at worst. The first third of the movie was exactly that. A mish-mash of both. Then it slowly started to pick up. I didn't mind the gore or the sexual violence at all. But yeah, it was a good movie overall. Heck, it made me care enough for our main duo that I ended up rooting for them at the end, and that's a plus in my book.
joe_g7Oct 8, 2018 8:22 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 23, 2018 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
Whoa, I was not expecting a nice, pure romance story when I went into this. I am very pleasantly surprised.

Good romance on top of demon fights and a light cyberpunk aesthetic (EDIT: 'film noir' is actually more accurate than cyberpunk, my bad), along with a chill, masculine main character who isn't afraid to do what needs to be done and to protect his woman -- and, speaking of his woman, dayum, Makie, what a smoking hot, kickass, yet gentle woman she is, she'd make a great wife and mother. I love her pale skin + red nail polish too, just... mm, so good.

Man, this was just what I needed. A very solid film. Granted, it was nothing groundbreaking, and honestly, the story isn't good, but it was fun and that's all I wanted going into this. In fact, I got more than what I wanted, with the romance, some genuinely funny pervy comedy (that old man tho), and a cool setting and great art and even some pretty music on top of it all.
removed-userOct 23, 2018 3:05 AM
Nov 25, 2018 2:33 PM

Oct 2015
I felt the writer held nudity, violence and especially sex in high regard to sell this movie. For that I didn't enjoy the movie, whether your stars were hot or not I don't give a damn that shit doesn't fly with me. All the women in this movie have to have sex, it made me think this guy who created this titty fest of a movie saw them exactly that way.

I didn't enjoy it and the story was flat. But the plot twist in the end wasn't bad, but it still didn't make me like it at all.

2/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 20, 2019 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
Was expecting way worse, but was solid overall. I really liked the beginning, but once the old man showed up, things started to get goofy. The story over all was basic and dry, but the highlights for me were the excellent animation and the solid American voice acting. 6/10 for me.

May 31, 2019 3:29 PM

Jul 2008
The animation is fantastic, I love how it doesn't look like typical anime. It looks closer to Ghost in the Shell.

The problem I had is the unnecessary hentai. Everything was good until the tentacle scene, and then the gangbang scene. Spider lady, soap lady, hotel scene, love scene, etc... those were fine.
Jul 12, 2019 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
I am another fellow guy who will vote this is basically nothing more than hentai with above average story which I found it tasteless the moment I feel the characters are way one note. Most importantly I feel the visual/animation were way dated and nothing special really..
removed-userJul 12, 2019 3:39 PM
Oct 21, 2019 8:01 PM

Nov 2012
The plot was rather simple but man was it an entertaining watch. While watching I checked my media player and it said 10 mins left and was shocked,thought it had glitched or something and skipped but nope it was just that interesting to watch.

Yoshiaki Kawajiri's visual style absolutely dominates, looking forward to seeing his other films.
Nov 23, 2019 7:31 PM

Feb 2018
It's really weird but I think I was almost expecting to be shocked and horrified more than what I saw somehow. Like, Devilman Crybaby was reasonably shocking and I was going into this thinking it would be a similar effect, but I think I'm almost underwhelmed. There was violence, sure, and sex, which I really prefer to keep separate from the anime and shows I watch so I wasn't really a fan of that, but I guess I was still expecting something even more brutal than what we got, which might have been my own fault. I'll probably still watch Ninja Scroll (same director) tho since it's a classic.

i.e. I'm fine if sex and violence in shows/movies don't have a purpose since that lack of a purpose could be the purpose/meaning itself, but here I didn't see much of that or any of the similar effects Devilman was able to evoke (it could have been trying to evoke different emotions, but considering the movie itself, it didn't really work for me tbh). Overall an ok movie for a Saturday night, but nothing special. 6/10
TheFlyingOrangeNov 23, 2019 7:36 PM
Mar 15, 2020 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
It was aesthetic as fuck. The cheesy B-movie plot just made it better.
Nov 8, 2020 2:55 AM

May 2016
This was a very entertaining movie~ I was definitely surprised at how much I enjoyed watching this compared to Ninja Scroll and it wasn't because of the increased eroticism.

I'd love to see Makie and Taki doing their demon-hunting work together more even if it means that everyone wouldn't try to get in the former's pants.

Nov 27, 2020 9:48 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
It reminded me of the movies that I used to go to at midnight in my town's downtown theatre back in the 80's. It was a nice sexy thriller with enough of a moral/plot to keep the censors happy....lol. I enjoyed this one.....
Dec 31, 2020 12:56 PM

Jun 2014
Damn this was boring and uninteresting. The characters had as much personality as cardboard cutouts. 1/10
:3
Mar 4, 2021 7:52 AM

Apr 2017
I felt that it started strong but the ending was a bit eh.
Awoo :3
May 30, 2021 9:20 PM
Dec 2017
sequel baity in retrospect.

Dec 6, 2021 8:35 PM
Aug 2020
Veethorn said:
Insanely entertaining!

Definitely agree with that. It was really entertaining though, I was never bored for a minute.
Dec 26, 2021 8:09 AM

Jul 2013
Cool movie. Slightly better than Demon City Shinjuku in my opinion.

They don't make stuff like these anymore...
Jan 27, 2022 6:52 PM

Jan 2021
Honestly I liked everything about this movie I have an appreciation for the older animation style and it’s was all really well done
Mar 9, 2022 9:06 PM
May 2021
I just rewatch it and now I don't like this movie anymore.
Mar 12, 2022 11:53 PM

Mar 2015
Pretty cool movie, considering the time and era in which it was conceived!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 22, 2022 8:23 PM

Feb 2021
I was enjoying it a decent amount up until he started playing the hero like halfway through and then everything wrong about this movie really started to bother me. Pretty much just an excuse to make a hentai
CrackApr 24, 2022 12:47 AM
Feb 23, 2023 1:22 PM
Sep 2015
As much as I liked the art, music and atmosphere, this simply degenerated to a hentai after the first act and everything was an excuse to a barely non-explicit sex scene.
Jun 1, 2023 10:55 AM

Apr 2023
The noir style, while very intersting as well as the demon concept, too there was alot that was left to be desired.

I should give the j-drama the books were based on a go and see how it compares to this as yeah, it could have probably worked as a full tv series then so a ova adaptation in my personal opinion.

Aug 12, 2023 7:11 AM

Jul 2021
it was alright but there was to much rpe.

Sep 5, 2023 12:28 PM
Mar 2010
Outrageously underrated and underwatched here. But then again, I should've expect this when Bleach is ranked 3rd of all time. Lmao.
Oct 4, 2023 8:25 AM

Aug 2022
Not for everyone... I loved the art style and atmosphere! The animations were amazing even in 2023!
I wish today's anime was like 80s 90s :(
Mar 4, 8:52 PM

Mar 2008
A bit boring but kinda fun at times. Failed at making me care much for the main guy he had like next to no personality outside his job.
Mar 27, 10:13 AM
Oct 2015
Badass art style ngl 😎🔥

More topics from this board

» low rating due to misidentification?

Neostorm-X - Aug 15, 2022

5 by Steph »»
Aug 17, 2022 3:14 PM

» Lightning Clock's intervention in Time/Space?

StellaKnife - Mar 29, 2009

2 by oyabuntaro »»
Jun 1, 2019 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.