Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 16, 2008 8:53 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What a stupid way to end it.

Oh well...Lets hope for a sequel or at least an omake that tells what happens to Kuzumi.
May 16, 2008 9:07 PM

Jan 2008
The only good thing was that no real (or hasty) resolution to the manga was made. The open ending, hopefully, leaves room for a sequel.
May 17, 2008 4:18 AM

Dec 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What a stupid way to end it.

Oh well...Lets hope for a sequel or at least an omake that tells what happens to Kuzumi.

I agree, it would be nice to see Taiga with a real Gold plate.
"So you're saying that something someone besides me has to say could have meaning?" - Excalibur (Soul Eater)

"We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it."
May 17, 2008 5:57 AM

Nov 2007
Definitely needs a sequel. It was an abrupt ending, I didn't even see it coming.
\
May 17, 2008 9:16 AM

Sep 2007
That ending was a typical "We have to end this quickly" ending. Even if it comes back with a time-skip, it won't be Mx0 anymore if he gets that gold plate. Without a Kuzumi who has to sneak his way through all those mages, it will be boring.
May 17, 2008 9:18 AM
Aug 2007
Sigh, it was a good series, but the ending was really rushed...I really want a sequel

失去的愛情不能回來
May 17, 2008 10:02 AM

Apr 2008
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak ending...
such a great series, such a weak ending...
sigh.....

May 17, 2008 10:14 AM

Jan 2008
You guys keep bitching about the ending being weak, but you have to remember that the cancellation was probably sprung on the mangaka only a few weeks before we even knew about it. It wasn't like he had a lot of time to prepare for it...

I thought the ending was nicely open ended and who knows, if an animation studio ever picks up this title to make a Mx0 anime then he might be picked up by another publisher and get to make a sequel manga series.

May 17, 2008 11:21 AM

Nov 2007
the ending was done great. im upset that it ended so abruptly but at least the writer was able to create an open ending where there is the possibility of writing a sequel. i think that is what we really have to hope for.

it shows that he is getting stronger and also i think he will still need to have a black plate because that is the only way he can leave the school and retain his memories.
May 17, 2008 11:35 AM

Oct 2007
lordshadowisle said:
The only good thing was that no real (or hasty) resolution to the manga was made. The open ending, hopefully, leaves room for a sequel.

I am hoping for that also, but the manga was cut, so a sequel will not happen...

I am also hoping for an omake or something else to see him coming back and everyone greeting him, but if we see that, then potential sequel, even if its 1% chance, will disappear!!!
May 17, 2008 11:54 AM

Apr 2007
/sigh
May 17, 2008 12:59 PM

Jan 2007
i thought that the ending was handled well. I'm gonna miss this series. If there weren't such problems, this could've gotten a higher score from me, but an 8 is still good.
May 17, 2008 4:04 PM

Oct 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
You guys keep bitching about the ending being weak, but you have to remember that the cancellation was probably sprung on the mangaka only a few weeks before we even knew about it. It wasn't like he had a lot of time to prepare for it...

It certainly seemed like that because right after Kuzumi got his Black M0 it felt like the story would go on for another 2 or 3 yrs but then out of no where came the "Farewell Seinagi" chapter and all hope was lost.

At least this ending was pretty decent for a rushed ending and I liked the little Mizuki moment. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2008 4:56 PM
Mar 2008
i am so pissed they ended it , i did not know they were goin ot end it , but whe i read the chapter, it had the end written on it , and then i saw tht it had 22 pages and then it hit me , i was so dissappointed that it finished , but at the same time because i did not know it was goin to end the end was good , it leaves scope for a sequel

i really home they come up witha second season
May 18, 2008 6:01 AM
Nov 2007
it is a good series.wish this series got a sequel
May 18, 2008 7:44 AM
Jun 2007
F F F!! Fail! The ending is a fail! I heard that they ended it because of poor sales.. lol! People have it easy eh? Reading it for free... Publishers ain't doing it for fun! They do it for money!
giossMay 18, 2008 7:53 AM
May 18, 2008 12:40 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't realize chapter 99 was the last chapter until I updated my manga list here. It was a really great manga and I was really interested what was going to happen at the new school too.

Yasuhiro Kano is a great mangaka. I read all his works and I really hope he makes a sequel for Mx0
May 19, 2008 1:02 AM

Oct 2007
Horrible ending. Hoping for a sequel.
May 19, 2008 1:40 PM
Jul 2007
It ended too fast... I also hope for a sequel ~_~... then again.. maybe a 2nd season would be better...
May 19, 2008 7:00 PM

May 2008
I really enjoyed a lot of the adventuring in this series. I was sad to realize 2 days after reading chap. 99 that it had been the final chapter. Didn't he really only use his black plate once and that was to turn invisible and leave the school? I was looking forward to him stealing others magics and going to another school battle.

Though I'm disappointed that no new story will develop, I enjoyed the manga and thank the writer for not spoiling the story with a fast "wrap it up" attitude that would have seemed out of place. We all know Kuzumi makes Hiragi's dream come true!
disturbed_greggJun 6, 2008 8:30 PM
May 21, 2008 1:25 PM

May 2008
bah it ended to fast...and right on the best moment.. when he starts learn magic >.<
well i hope they will make an anime out of this and the 2nd season ofc

May 24, 2008 6:21 PM
Feb 2008
i hope the mangaka will be able to make a sequel. the entire manga ended way too abruptly.
May 25, 2008 2:02 AM

Jan 2008
hmmm... another good series that ended abruptly...

May 27, 2008 7:17 PM
Jan 2008
I think this end is some kind of a Joke... (maybe not)

For me the end was perfect...

1 - He has a Black Plate now... And will receive an upgrade to a non Mx0 plate... the manga can't hold its name...

2 - They can scary us, the readers, and come back with a follow up season soon... And we will run and even kill to buy the next chapters..

3 - If the end was because of "money".. The end was too open for a possible next season

4 - We haven't see the conclusion for Mizuki x Kuzumi nor Aika x Kuzumi relationship..

5 - We saw Kuzumi using the Black Plate once! He have to use it twice or more..

I really want a sequel... And I hope that it will come true... In a while..

I really want an Anime Serie to this manga! I hope that the Anime surpasses the manga itself...

And finally... I wish hapyness to everyone of us.. fans of this manga... with a follow up of this great job.....

In my country they don't sell this manga... but when they sell it... certaily I'll buy for my collection... I'm thinkin in importing them... But I really don't know Nihongo..

fck
May 29, 2008 6:26 PM

Dec 2007
It deserves a sequel, but I think that a One Shot would be fine...
Jun 2, 2008 11:13 AM
Jul 2007
Man... I so hated the ending..
The fact is that they ended it with him only being in his second year!
They could do so much more then that..
I so want a sequel.
Jun 3, 2008 8:29 AM

Oct 2007
It's a shame that us non-Japanese, scanlation readers have no affect in marking the popularity of this great manga, so I'm really doubtful of a 2nd season. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2008 8:38 PM

Dec 2007
Damn sad to see this manga end with such a rushed ending, not that bad but still a lot of questions unanswered.

Oh and for the record he used his black MO plate 2 times(3 if you count when he was testing it) another time when he used voice warp to help Hiiragi settle a dispute, in chapter 94, and again when he turned invisible to escape the classroom were everybody was heckling him to use magic in the last chapter.
Jun 14, 2008 1:28 PM

Sep 2007
Now that you mention it, the "sneaking out using invisibility" was great. It reminded me of Lord of the Rings, Bilbo's epic farewell-speech. You think he stole that idea from Tolkien? ^^
Jun 15, 2008 10:26 PM

Jul 2007
well.. that sucked in a good way ~.~
Jun 17, 2008 9:10 AM
Jun 2008
Ill just come to tell the same, BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD ending, the only way it will be a so so or a lightly good ending was if it was a bad taste joke for a second season (i kinda of hate some manga endings lately hope i dont add mx0 into it).

I wanna have a mandrake friend for secretary :O
Jul 1, 2008 10:45 PM

Nov 2007
This was a great ending for what he had to work with it suddenly ending. I was really expecting once I got to like chapter 80 'well I guess I better go to MAL and find out what the sequel is!' Definitely sad this ended prematurely.
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Jul 7, 2008 9:27 AM

Aug 2007
I was greatly depressed with this ending, but you couldn't expect much else when something gets canceled.
Jul 12, 2008 7:39 AM

Aug 2007
the ending was depressing T.T
the series was very good,I hoping for second series to this,Mx0 Gold ;O
maybe it will be like King of Bandit Jing or so ;P (still have hope ;3)
Jul 19, 2008 6:18 PM

May 2007
-SeRg- said:
the ending was depressing T.T
the series was very good,I hoping for second series to this,Mx0 Gold ;O
maybe it will be like King of Bandit Jing or so ;P (still have hope ;3)
About KoB, you are in denial mate. (So as I [KoB ownz so as Mx0], but its not bad to dream. lol)

About an Anime version of Mx0, i would say that its a no go for me.
Anime usually end up butchering the manga and straying far way from its original story.

@kurausu
1. You see, thats not really an important matter. (Look at Naruto, in that series, the most "important" emo... ops sorry i meant character, would be sasuke, then why not call that thing as "Sasuke" instead of "Naruto"?)

2.Erm... I don't think so...
Mx0 really had a poor selling. They wouldn't try again.
You see, japan is know for its afinity with stable and secure investiments.
They wouldn't go for such risky tatics to sell something.
I feel bad for the mangaka anyway.

3.Not really. Check King of Bandits or any harem anime/manga out there.
Most of them don't have any ending at all

4.Check above

5.Erm... No, again...
That really ain't a motive to continue a series with such poor selling.
We are dealing with huge enterprises here. Do you think they want money or costumer satisfaction?
Actually lets make use of better terms, since this manga has almost no popularity @ japan.
What do you think that huge enterprises would do?
1.Serch for another manga that interests their buyers.
2.Keep publishing for a few readers, when most of them aren't paying anything at all. Just reading the scans @ the web.
Jul 24, 2008 2:46 AM
May 2008
Its pretty disappointing to see this manga series come to a close early. At least the closure was appropriate, even though the ending was abrupt.
Jul 29, 2008 5:50 PM

Jul 2008
Man why does the auther end this so early? man! Pretty face (same auther) ended similar to this ending but still had better ending. but still it was great that the auther made this manga
Aug 8, 2008 9:50 PM
Oct 2007
haha good jokes m8, whens ch 100 out
Aug 8, 2008 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
Fareplay said:
haha good jokes m8, whens ch 100 out

its done
Aug 11, 2008 12:39 AM

Jul 2008
The ending was pretty good. It wasn't great but I imagine that it could have been rushed and end a lot worse. This ending has given me adequate satisfaction for the series, but I also want more Mx0, perhaps a sequel manga series or an anime adaptation. Hopefully either will be the case.
Aug 15, 2008 11:39 AM

Aug 2008
I thought the ending was okay, but to be honest, a sequel really isn't going to work out too well, i mean its the kinda thing where you want to hear more, but the story just changes completely. The original story is about how a magic-less student survives in a school for magic, there will be less suspense if he doesn't get caught in those "situations" where he has to find a way to fight without magic. Dun get me wrong, i want a sequel too, i'm just thinking it'll be unlikely
Aug 15, 2008 1:02 PM

Aug 2008
actually, some rumors are that mx0 got very low ratings in Japan, so the mangaka was forced to close it quickly
Aug 15, 2008 9:56 PM

Dec 2007
Funnymrbunny said:
I thought the ending was okay, but to be honest, a sequel really isn't going to work out too well, i mean its the kinda thing where you want to hear more, but the story just changes completely. The original story is about how a magic-less student survives in a school for magic, there will be less suspense if he doesn't get caught in those "situations" where he has to find a way to fight without magic. Dun get me wrong, i want a sequel too, i'm just thinking it'll be unlikely

Not really. The whole "I can't use magic", "Oh wait, I got this cool plate that lets me negate magic...but I REALLY don't wanna EVER use it if at all possible EVER", "Oh wait, now I can occasionally use magic but only the last magic used on me"....was getting kinda old. :P

Seriously, the Star 69 plate was pushing it. And he can't even use M0? WTF. I guess it would've made things interesting for another 50 or 60 chapters, but eventually it would've had to come to this. Even WITH having learned magic I don't think he would use it that often, since at this point its like a "thing" with him that he doesn't use magic carelessly, so what you would see are situations where he avoided using magic as much as possible...but if forced he could, which would just make the fights more interesting. (As a third year it wouldn't be feasible for him to continue avoiding fights ENTIRELY without magic anyway.)

I'd love a sequel to this that either showed him at the new school or showed him as he was coming back to the old one, but it doesn't seem likely, I guess.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Aug 24, 2008 5:21 PM

May 2008
You can actually tell that the author didnt know that about the ending probably until 96 or 97. B/c why would he have made 10 lvls to the black card?

Anyways for a quick ending that was pretty good I must say...

btw ^ I think if he trained more with the M0 he would have eventually been able to attack with it. B/c remember that chapter where he was training to change the shape, they mentioned it could be used to attack or something like that. So maybe if it wasnt forced to end the manga, Kazumi probably would have been much stronger with MO.
Aug 25, 2008 1:27 AM
Apr 2008
Well I just completed this thing, and I really liked it, so I was pretty disappointed that it ended already. I agree with some people though, all those no-magic but getting through might be a little boring, so my dream continue would be him coming back(after the whole year) and being a real gold plate. Man, he would be such a badass, lol.
Sep 3, 2008 5:27 AM
Jul 2007
i think it was a really good ending. i believe they will take it again at some time and continue the series because the end was really open so we wait for more taiga at some time at the future
Sep 4, 2008 1:30 PM

May 2007
Master_M2K said:
It's a shame that us non-Japanese, scanlation readers have no affect in marking the popularity of this great manga, so I'm really doubtful of a 2nd season. ^_^

Yeah, that's my question. How popular of a manga was this in Japan? You could tell the author really had the cancellation of this story sprung on him so suddenly because the quality of the last two or three chapters was simply for a rushed ending. And besides, there was a lot of insinuated things that occurred in the mid-80 chapters that led me to believe there was going to be some great arcs.

Nevertheless, I'm really sad to see this go and not see the story how the manga-ka intended it to be. Since it did get shut down, the possiblity for an anime adaptation is slim. I'd like to know what happens next and more about the mysterious 3rd year students. I also had imagined that maybe there was going to be some international magic competition between ALL of the magic schools that existed, whether only in Japan or the world. That would have been hot.

Anyway, 9/10 for me, because I enjoyed it so much.
Jul 7, 2009 1:08 AM
Jul 2009
mX0 was rushed to it's end like that because it was being cancelled because it wasn't very popular in japan.

So yeah, despite it being very popular in america, because of it's lack of interest in japan it went bye bye and isn't coming back as far as I know. I know it sucks it's one of my favorite manga's. Before I found this out I spent weeks waiting for the next chapter and even expected an anime to probably be made. Only to find this out when I went searching for information.
HopefuldaysJul 7, 2009 2:04 PM
Sep 5, 2009 8:00 PM
Feb 2008
that was a good read, i wish there was more
Oct 4, 2009 8:58 PM

Feb 2009
there still a chance that it will continue. don't give up hope.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why was this cancelled/ended prematurely? ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Sep 4, 2008

93 by TheOnlyOneTM »»
Apr 10, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 19, 2010

6 by CJPlayz33 »»
Nov 8, 2023 6:28 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 1 Discussion

TechDragon - Oct 12, 2008

9 by CJPlayz33 »»
Nov 8, 2023 6:11 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 12 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 12, 2016

1 by Joel77 »»
Jun 16, 2021 10:13 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 64 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

3 by Pleinair »»
Nov 18, 2017 4:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.