Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 29, 2010 1:00 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Only like the 1st half of the ep. Not a bad ep, quite funny actually with the loli falcon PWNCH Ryner and all... I just wonder when will the action come back.... And why should I care about some random spikey hair guy with his sis?!!!
BitchMasterJul 29, 2010 1:03 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 29, 2010 5:17 PM

Aug 2009
Ryner and Ferris are still funny as hell lol. They're somewhat violent yet teasing attitudes towards each other is hilarious to watch.

I do want some more action though; the Ryner vs Ferris fight last episode was pretty awesome, although it was short. I'd like more.

and there's alot more serious politics and plot than I thought there would be in this show.

random screenshots :D

Jul 29, 2010 11:48 PM

Dec 2007
lol her sis is so strong :p
Punch in his stomach~
Jul 30, 2010 3:17 AM
Jun 2008
I can't believe Fiole screen time is so....short. I almost bust into laugh when he died.I guess his death will only bring more anger to Sion toward the Aristocrat.( I hope Sion will kill them all !!!! wuahahaha!!!! ..its a stupid idea though.)
There are two part of story in this episode. carefree part and serious politic part.
Here a small note for episode 5 ^^ (not really a spoiler )

very nice episode , I think Froaude is very sexy and charming ^^.Adding him as my favorite character .hehhehe

MorningGloryJul 30, 2010 8:56 AM
Jul 30, 2010 4:03 AM

Jan 2009
I am somewhat amused by the Froaude dude, partly because he looks like Kanda. Kanda however, doesn't have this evil aura about him though.
This dude must be a Fraud! (See what I did thar?)

Also, I'm perfectly fine with the fact that Fiole was killed off, he was annoying.
Though they could've done the whole thing better, like actually wounding him instead of just adding wide open eyes and some blood.

Am I the only one who thinks FukuJun should be voicing Sion while Ono Daisuke voices Ryner?

BitchMaster said:
quite funny actually with the loli falcon PWNCH Ryner
I lol'd
OosranJul 30, 2010 9:23 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 30, 2010 1:06 PM

Aug 2007
I don't know how, but somehow this show continues to find ways to entertain me. I swear, I go into each new episode wondering 'is this going to be the episode that gets me to drop this series?'. Yet I'm always impressed by how well this show balances its serious tone with funny and light-hearted moments to keep me interested.

After 5 episodes, this has definitely been the surprise show of the season for me.
Jul 30, 2010 1:11 PM

Oct 2009
Fiole's screentime is pretty short but it is basically the surprise anime of the season... maybe an underrated one. This episode is basically same old but still okay.

Jul 30, 2010 2:17 PM

Apr 2010
Ruling over a kingdom which is ruled by corruption, that it was corrupt was clear from the start but i somehow thought the corruption would be less with Sion being king.
I had my doubts about this anime first few episodes but it's becoming better, and seems to be interesting.

The Ferris Ryner combination is nice to watch as well as that obsessive little sister Iris.
And i wonder what that new guy will bring to the story.
Jul 30, 2010 2:31 PM

Dec 2008
I still don't understand why Ferris keeps calling Ryner a sex fiend. I think she WANTS him to be a sex fiend for her own personal gratification!!!

I have a feeling this show is about to get really dark after the next few episodes.
Jul 30, 2010 2:52 PM

Sep 2009
Gotta love Ryner, the ridiculously overpowered protagonist and at the same time the comic relief character, and Ferris, his so called "bodyguard" and constant ego basher, who would prob let him die over some dumplings haha....the two combined are pure win!

great episode, although it was a little depressing after the first half, which was filled with lulz.....and lmao, Ferris's sister might very well become the perfect jailbait for Ryner
Jul 30, 2010 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
Okay episode.

...I have a feeling that Froaude will betray Sion. Froaude will even kill his father for a promotion...
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jul 30, 2010 3:25 PM

Aug 2009
Ryner/Ferris is adorable. It's like Araragi/Senjougahara taken to it's logical extreme. I thought the sister would annoy me but she's really not too bad. While I'm thinking about it, why is that entire family uber-haxx? The little sister is crazy strong, the older sister is nuts with a sword and the brother is just a godmodder waiting to happen.

-I actually feel for Fiole's death. It's like "Wow, I didn't see that coming."

-Gee! I wonder if Fraoude is evil? The black clothing and clearly backstabbing speech is just totally throwing me off! (then again, I think Sion is genre savvy enough to know a rat when he sees one)

AnimeMama said:

I have a feeling this show is about to get really dark after the next few episodes.
Have you seen the second trailer? It's totally gonna get really deep down the line.

Oh yeah, I'm glad to see the show has risen in rank a bit.
Jul 30, 2010 3:57 PM
Jun 2008
AnimeMama said:
I still don't understand why Ferris keeps calling Ryner a sex fiend. I think she WANTS him to be a sex fiend for her own personal gratification!!!

色情狂 =sex fiend
= [Lust]he only open his eye when people get rape (episode3)
= [emotion] his feeling will be unstable
= [rampage] and later on he will release gone rampage....
its just a guess LOL .
Jul 30, 2010 3:59 PM
Nov 2009
This show kills characters like i kill tacos

WE NEED MORE RYNER AND FERRIS
Jul 30, 2010 4:19 PM

Aug 2009
A wild Bish appears! Is that Suawabe Jun'ichi I hear, oh yush.

I like the balance between Ryner and Ferris' LOLness and the more serious Sion aspects.
Sion is just teh smex.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 30, 2010 4:48 PM
Jun 2010
finally an episode that isn't either too slow or too fast, disappointed that there wasn't anything special and that I have to wait another weak for another episode :/

While I'm thinking about it, why is that entire family uber-haxx?

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Jul 30, 2010 5:03 PM
Feb 2010
I think this is an indication that perhaps Sion will soon become corrupted by power, the want to conquer new lands and he will be influenced by Froaude in a bad way.
Jul 30, 2010 6:18 PM

Jan 2010
I don't get why they all always pick up on him? it's not even fun anymore, it's annoying and not because I care for him that much, but because it's for no reason and it looks very forced. Why did she start calling him sex fiend in the first place? And why has she continued to do so for so long? Why is even Sion saying similar things? I really don't get it and it's irritating me quite a bit.
Jul 30, 2010 6:41 PM

Jan 2010
They pick on him because they are corrupt, against justice, and ugly.

Apparently, friends tease one another. I wouldn't know.

Then again, the saying goes, with friends like these...
Jul 30, 2010 6:43 PM
Jun 2010
werr-y said:
I don't get why they all always pick up on him? it's not even fun anymore, it's annoying and not because I care for him that much, but because it's for no reason and it looks very forced. Why did she start calling him sex fiend in the first place? And why has she continued to do so for so long? Why is even Sion saying similar things? I really don't get it and it's irritating me quite a bit.

They're blond.

Yeah I know... :D

Jul 30, 2010 7:10 PM

Jul 2009
So I heard some people need this....

Take as much as you want, it's my treat =)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 30, 2010 8:55 PM

Dec 2009
AnimeMama said:

lol, you're probably right. (I find Ferris very un-funny....)

MisaTange said:
...I have a feeling that Froaude will betray Sion. Froaude will even kill his father for a promotion...

Yes... this seems like a very risky thing to admit to...
Jul 30, 2010 9:08 PM

Mar 2009
Oh man, sucks for Fiole. His death didn't really affect me as he was only around for a short time, though it was a little surprising. Of course, it did have an effect on Sion. And that's what counts.

KakashiGaiden said:
Yet I'm always impressed by how well this show balances its serious tone with funny and light-hearted moments to keep me interested.

Yeah, agreed. This episode in particular managed to do that. Now, if they can only stop having scenes with Ferris' sister. She's annoying.
Jul 30, 2010 9:32 PM

Jul 2009
Well, Ryner's part in this episode is ok. Nothing really happened in his part. I like Sion's part better in this episode. I like the story about intrigues that occurred in the struggle for power that happened in here.
Jul 31, 2010 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
lets all talk about feelings and crap, so that we all know how much we care (or not) about each other, for about 20 mins… i get that story is important, but damn, dont put me to sleep…

this episode was so fucking boring… i damn near fell asleep… i started to daydream, then i closed my eyes for a second and realized im still watching an anime…

i pray the the action will come back soon again, cuz my attention span wont last much longer after that stunt...
Jul 31, 2010 3:23 AM
Feb 2009
haha yeh kinda slow paced in my opinion.
Jul 31, 2010 6:54 AM

May 2010
i dont really know what to say about this ep i find it boring

just glad to see ferris
Jul 31, 2010 7:03 AM

Apr 2009
impressive.. i'm really taking a liking for this series.. Ryner-Ferris combo works a lot for me to keep LMAO.. and the serious moments of Sion and his political situation didn't seem out of place, and is perhaps what's making me like it in the first place.. this pace is just right.. meaningless action is unneeded..
Jul 31, 2010 9:05 AM

Aug 2009
Another top tier episode.
I need moar.
Jul 31, 2010 11:37 AM

Aug 2009
a serious episode.
Jul 31, 2010 12:03 PM

Jan 2010
I'm starting to lose interest in this series, it's getting boring. It seems like a badly done mix of Slayers and Utawarerumono.
Jul 31, 2010 12:16 PM

May 2007
Everyone seems to be taking turns on harassing Ryner.

Jul 31, 2010 12:34 PM

Jun 2009
Ferris is nice, but her sister annoys like hell. Fuck teasing Ryner, it just annoys me to look at her. Also, at the party scene i thought Fraoude was a woman, but he's a bit gayish evil guy with cool eyes. With all this shit about darkness, i don't know what to think about him.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 31, 2010 5:08 PM

Sep 2009
Want to see Fraoude fight!...have been dying to see Kanda animated, maybe he will be somewhat a pleasure XD

Oosran said:
Am I the only one who thinks FukuJun should be voicing Sion while Ono Daisuke voices Ryner?
I think the exact opposite...for some reason Daisuke's voice matches guys with longer hair----> Doesn't make sense though :D
Jul 31, 2010 6:39 PM

May 2010
I feel a little bored of the series so far. For me, it reminds me a little of Tales series, with some mix of Slayers as the other person said above.

Ferris is a great character so far, just her sister is annoying. I like the way she treats Ryner.
Fraoude seems like another villain, but time will tell. I hope some action will enter the anime soon.
Jul 31, 2010 6:47 PM
Jun 2008
I guess politic is not a very interesting genre for Anime.
Well, don't worry.Politic matter are only temporary.After the meeting/talking are over,war gonna start .After the war is over,the story basically focus on the mystery of AlphaStigma....
Jul 31, 2010 9:10 PM
Sep 2009
As long as this anime stays serious it's pretty interesting but as soon as comedy sets in it goes derp.
]
Jul 31, 2010 10:20 PM

Nov 2007
Whoa, surprised me by killing off Fiole like that. Didn't really connect with him enough to feel a strong impact now he's gone, but at least I didn't see it coming.

LOL when we first see Miran at the party I thought he was a woman. XD (Buuut: Undertaker/Grimmjow love <3) They sure do make 'em pretty in this show, don't they? :3

I'm not really into the Ryner/Ferris scenes and plotline (which is a shame because they're two thirds of the main chars) so I'm glad that we get more Sion, Lucile and now Miran. I'm holding out for a Lucile vs. Miran fight!
yamakasiJul 31, 2010 10:29 PM
Jul 31, 2010 11:03 PM

Mar 2010
Is it just me or does Fraoude look like Shizuku from Kampfer?

They just killed Fiole off like that. It seems like they like killing off all of the innocent ones.
KantonKageXAug 1, 2010 6:50 AM
Jul 31, 2010 11:26 PM

Dec 2009
yamakasi said:
LOL when we first see Miran at the party I thought he was a woman. XD (Buuut: Undertaker/Grimmjow love <3) They sure do make 'em pretty in this show, don't they? :3
& Frau <3
...yes, it's easy on the eyes and ears :D
Aug 1, 2010 12:18 AM

May 2009
yamakasi said:

This. My first thought was "looks like a girl, sounds like one, wears pants; it has to be a guy." Anime logic.

Not really interesting episode. Ferris and her sex fiend jokes is grating on my nerves.

And on the edge of sanity I stumble and fall.
Aug 1, 2010 12:34 AM

Jun 2008
Ryner/Ferris is love <3

They're so cute together xD Love how Ferris keeps on calling him a sex fiend. Though yeah sometimes its a bit too much ^^"

Ferris sister is alright xP. Thought she would be annyoing too xD

Sion is so compassionate and kind. As long as he stays good and like that he will make a good king xD

Aug 1, 2010 1:47 AM

May 2008
Nooo, Fiole! Whyyyy?!
This is getting more and more interesting, loving it so far~ Ferris/Ryner combo is priceless~
Aug 1, 2010 3:20 AM

Feb 2010
ok episode
Aug 1, 2010 10:42 AM

Mar 2008
-recently catched up- Wow, pretty good anime. I love the serious parts, and the comedy isn't annoying to watch (cept with Iris and the dumplings).
Aug 1, 2010 2:20 PM

Aug 2009
Hehe he's definitely going to betray him. Its so predictable. Or maybe he might be madly in love with him =3

The episodes just keep getting better and better. I am loving this series so far.
Aug 1, 2010 4:17 PM

Mar 2010
ilikeyouevenmore said:
yamakasi said:
& Frau <3
...yes, it's easy on the eyes and ears :D

He looks like Shizuku from Kampfer to me.
Aug 2, 2010 1:38 PM

Mar 2010
Having established the characters and back story the quest begins.
Is it just me or is Ryner a lot like Vash in Trigun? Funny, gets beat easily by the girl, but actually really powerful, something different from everyone else, and truly has a good heart, accused to being a womaniser. Yep, they're quite alike. I wish the story wouldn't jump back and forth between Ryner and Sion, that way it's like two mini-episodes and the story feels too short. That new guy at the end is rather creepy...
Aug 2, 2010 10:41 PM

May 2009
Though I prefer a little more action too, I thought the episode was interesting enough. Fiole's death was abrupt. This show has no problems killing off characters, at least the supporting ones. I like Ferris and Ryner, but it can't be so one-sided all the time. It can get tired pretty quickly that way. And the little sister is annoying.
Aug 3, 2010 12:42 AM

Nov 2007
needed way more Ryner. the Sion parts I guess are important but it was rather boring. need back to the awesomeness of episode 2.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Dec 16, 2010

314 by Enjyu »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.