Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2010 1:48 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A great series. :)

I just wish that I had better subs to understand it better.. Oh well, understanding the basics Japanese helped me in some bits.

I think I will check out the drama and manga of this series.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 12, 2010 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Anitnelav said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A great series. :)

I just wish that I had better subs to understand it better.. Oh well, understanding the basics Japanese helped me in some bits.

I think I will check out the drama and manga of this series.

you should do this the manga and the drama series are much better then the anime in my opinion.

Well the Ending was very good for this series even when they only showed us 1/4 of the manga. they could have made the anime better if the pace would have be a bit faster and if they would have showed the full series. well on episode 40 i wandet to give this show a 5/10 but with this ending i will give it a 6/10
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Nov 20, 2010 8:33 AM

Apr 2008
I finished it some years ago but the music of it was running in my head so I remembered of coming to this page.

The only truly bad thing that I found on the anime is the lack of a proper ending, the rest was all great, animation, I enjoyed the characters designs even if they weren't 100% similar with Adachi ones, the music, the pace too, it was a Adachi title afterall.

I gave it an 8 because of the ending. other than that great anime.

Yeah, the manga is out there fully translated to whoever is interested on the rest of the story.
May 1, 2014 4:17 PM

Apr 2009
what manga chapter should i start from ??

i am unhappy with this ending ??
Aug 3, 2017 11:35 AM
Aug 2014
After watching Touch and Cross Game thought this was a complete adaption.

Really liked the slow pace of the show, shame they stopped after 41 episodes.
Aug 4, 2019 10:47 AM

Jan 2017
It's shame this has only 41 episodes. Guess it's time to read the rest.
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo
Aug 7, 2020 6:31 AM

Jul 2015
Nice end to the series even though we never saw Senkawa team participate in official matches in order to get to Koshien, I hope 'Friend A' can fulfill the dream of his dream and reach Koshien one day! Decent anime with slow progess and not much having happened. Kinda sad that this anime was made and ended while the manga was still going.

Sep 25, 2022 2:55 AM

Jan 2018
Are you having a refreshing workout?

There goes the end of the H2 anime.
This is the last Mitsuru Adachi anime I watched after starting it with Touch in 2021. At least until Mix Season 2 comes out which was announced a few weeks before I started watching H2. Took me 27 days to finish it.

Episode 41 itself was actually very good and works well as a season finale but not as a series finale. I loved the insert song of OP1 which I think was sung by the main cast. Not a terrible end but it could've been way better if only the anime was a complete adaptation. I hate the fact that it ended with a tease of a continuation, only for it to never come. I wonder what happened? I doubt the studio simply lost interest. It's a shame cos based on the 41 episodes this easily could've been in my top 3 Adachi anime list. The story was also a lot more different than Touch or Cross Game, implying that H2 would keep going after the preliminaries to Koshien whereas the other two ended right before that.

H2 was the longest work of Adachi-sensei with 34 volumes and 338 chapters running from 1992 to 1999. Mix would become his longest-running manga later with it starting serializing in 2012 and still ongoing. Come to think of it, Mix Season 1 had an ending that was similar to H2's ending, I wonder if it was intentional. Now Mix is confirmed to have a Season 2 implying the manga will end soon. It's too bad it's too late for H2 to get a Season 2 since it's been 26 years. A remake sounds like a distant dream.

H2 had the perfect aesthetic going for it, being a 90's anime and all. It wasn't as unrefined as the 80's Adachi anime like Touch or Hiatari Ryoko! And it wasn't digitally animated like Cross Game or Mix. It noticeably had a much higher budget than OVAs like Slow Step. The sound quality still holds up and the music is very memorable. The artstyle is pretty unique. I think Adachi became infamous for reusing the same character design for his works by the time H2 entered production so the character designer probably thought it was a good idea to slightly alter them. So we got a bit different but still familiar character designs with different colored hairs and eyes. Purists will hate it but I thought it was neat. And the background artwork was so good. Watching H2 on Blu-ray quality is a must to appreciate all this. Although I prefer 80's aesthetic a bit more I understand why 90's anime are so fondly looked back upon. We'll never get this type of anime again. Even if by some miracle H2 got a remake I don't think it could top this 90's adaptation. I might whine a lot about it being an incomplete adaptation but I'm definitely glad it was made at all. I was initially planning to skip it but I'm glad I gave it a shot.

"I'm definitely glad we met."

I'll probably watch the 2005 J-drama adaptation which apparently adapts the manga from beginning to end. It only has 11 episodes so I guess a lot of content was cut which is a shame. I love slow-burn storytelling. Also, it's gonna be weird to listen to Hiro, Hikari, Hideo, and Haruka who sound different.

My ranking for Adachi Mitsuru anime (so far): Touch=Cross Game>Hiatari Ryoukou!>H2>>>Miyuki>>>Mix (Season 1)>>>>Nine>>>>>Slow Step.
0451Sep 25, 2022 3:16 AM
Aug 10, 2023 8:42 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
The Manga author only draws same characters with different names..
Same faces as those in touch and mix

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2 Episode 40 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 29, 2010

5 by 0451 »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:14 AM

Poll: » H2 Episode 39 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 29, 2010

4 by 0451 »»
Sep 24, 2022 12:06 AM

Poll: » H2 Episode 38 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 28, 2010

6 by 0451 »»
Sep 23, 2022 2:34 AM

Poll: » H2 Episode 37 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 28, 2010

9 by 0451 »»
Sep 22, 2022 12:02 PM

Poll: » H2 Episode 36 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 28, 2010

4 by 0451 »»
Sep 21, 2022 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.