Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 29, 2010 11:53 PM
Jun 2010
alexcampos said:
Everyone RELAX, there's absolutely no way she was raped or anything close to that.

Trust me, if she had, the creators would've already been killed by creepy otaku in Japan.

Pretty LOL how everyone jumps at that conclusion, however was that dude her bf???

also, enter generic plot, YAY.

That's only if Ookami is famous.
Jul 29, 2010 11:54 PM
Jun 2010
Kagura89 said:
alexcampos said:
Everyone RELAX, there's absolutely no way she was raped or anything close to that.

Trust me, if she had, the creators would've already been killed by creepy otaku in Japan.

From what I saw from the flashbacks, Hitsujikai made her fall in love with him, then raped or almost raped her (i believe the latter), and probably spread scandalous rumors about her or something to get everyone else to bully her too. That made her experiencing trauma.

After the whole Kannagi fiasco,i don't think anyone would like to add rape these days out in the open.

Trivia: Hitsujikai & Reiko are voiced by Junichi Suwabe (Takashi Komuro) & Mai Nakahara (Rena Ryuugu).

Yea, I also think that happened, he probably raped her and then spread rumors saying how Ookami forced herself on him and had sex with him.
Jul 30, 2010 12:45 AM
Nov 2007
extract his essences.. wow... and now the whole rape thing. despite the fairy tale semblances, this sure isn't a kids' show LOL.
Jul 30, 2010 1:30 AM

Jul 2008
obviously that prez guy attacked ryouko and thats why she got so strong, blast from the past for her
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 30, 2010 2:01 AM
Jun 2010
kage-bunshin said:
obviously that prez guy attacked ryouko and thats why she got so strong, blast from the past for her

Even after she is became strong, she still is scared of the person who raped her.
Jul 30, 2010 2:17 AM

Apr 2009
Wouldn't it be a little hard to use a whip at close range and against a lot of people?
Jul 30, 2010 2:20 AM

May 2008
the word Momo-chan-sempai totally reminded me of Prince of Tennis =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 30, 2010 2:35 AM

Jul 2008
omg i assumed that when the white-haired dude laughed menacingly that he was going for cake and cookies, even though the red-coated dude said "we need to get back at ryouko for what she did"… good thing the narrator stated that "he’s up to no good," otherwise i would have never figured it out...

i cant, to save my own life, ever remember the characters names... except ryouko and ringo
Jul 30, 2010 2:43 AM

Jan 2010
A bully victim O_O
Jul 30, 2010 2:43 AM

Jan 2009
greenmush said:
the word Momo-chan-sempai totally reminded me of Prince of Tennis =D
Except for reminding me of Kanzaki from Index,
It totally reminded me of Sawa-chan-sensei.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 30, 2010 4:45 AM
Sep 2009
I was quite lost during the first half but I started to slowly catch on...

The narrator is just seriously pissing me off now. I can't stand her voice.
Jul 30, 2010 5:12 AM

Nov 2009
zimno said:
EP=7/10

rape?

The light novels imply that there was an attempted rape. She tries to tell her classmates. but they don't believe her.
Jul 30, 2010 5:17 AM

Jun 2008
Raigeki1993 said:
Kagura89 said:
alexcampos said:

From what I saw from the flashbacks, Hitsujikai made her fall in love with him, then raped or almost raped her (i believe the latter), and probably spread scandalous rumors about her or something to get everyone else to bully her too. That made her experiencing trauma.

After the whole Kannagi fiasco,i don't think anyone would like to add rape these days out in the open.

Trivia: Hitsujikai & Reiko are voiced by Junichi Suwabe (Takashi Komuro) & Mai Nakahara (Rena Ryuugu).

Yea, I also think that happened, he probably raped her and then spread rumors saying how Ookami forced herself on him and had sex with him.

You guys are talking about a show that BARELY shows any fanservice, there is no panty flashes, no excessive, over-the-top ecchi situations or anything of the sort.

BUT we are to believe that she was RAPED???

NO FUCKING WAY, J.C.Staff, is very "innocent" when it comes to these things, for god sakes, the show itself is very TONED down, rape only occurs in Seinen manga, and it's VERY RARE.
Jul 30, 2010 5:31 AM

Nov 2009
Yea, she wasn't raped. Not even close, the anime just made it more dramatic with Ookami's clothes rustled. Read the light novels if you want details.
Jul 30, 2010 5:47 AM

Jun 2010
Kantarou said:
I don't mind/care about Arai Satomi being the narrator anymore, but for gods sake, whoever writes her lines needs to have her STFU when the characters are talking. I'm sick of her narrating over the actual dialogue, it's sickening and distracting.

QFT'd. Seriously.

Monkey, dog and pheasant made me laughed out loud. xD

Otohime's voice as she pulls Urashima away kind of turns me on :3
Jul 30, 2010 7:16 AM

Aug 2009
LAWL. Momotarou.

Stop moaning about the narrator- I PREFER her talking over the characters.
Seriously, this anime is close to boring. It's the only thing that has stopped me from dropping it so far.

The ending theme is the best part of the whole series ~__~
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 30, 2010 7:50 AM

Jul 2009
alexcampos said:

You guys are talking about a show that BARELY shows any fanservice, there is no panty flashes, no excessive, over-the-top ecchi situations or anything of the sort.

NO FUCKING WAY, J.C.Staff, is very "innocent" when it comes to these things, for god sakes, the show itself is very TONED down, rape only occurs in Seinen manga, and it's VERY RARE.

Woah dude chill out! That's my speculation regarding to her brief flashback,not read the novel before & I DON'T THINK he raped her,maybe attempted rape or whatnot like Consumed said. Don't get so fired up >.>
This maybe the reverse version of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" tale but this time Ryouko(Wolf) is the victim.

Considering this show is lighthearted,that kind of stuff doesn't happen anyway although the line Otohime extracting "essences" from Urashima made me shaking my head in disbelief.
Jul 30, 2010 8:22 AM

Feb 2009
I prefer melons but dumplings is fine too xD.

So we have some flashes of Ryouko's past. She looks pretty tame with that hat in the flashback. Lol at people assuming it was raep. I bet it was just a beating from the Byakuran look-a-like prez of the delinquent school. I could be wrong but let's see how this will play in the next episodes.

Kagura89 said:
I knew he sounded too familiar, just couldn't remember. Damn, I fail orz. I recognized Nakahara Mai though ^^
Jul 30, 2010 8:52 AM

Jun 2008
Kagura89 said:
alexcampos said:

Woah dude chill out! That's my speculation regarding to her brief flashback,not read the novel before & I DON'T THINK he raped her,maybe attempted rape or whatnot like Consumed said. Don't get so fired up >.>
This maybe the reverse version of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" tale but this time Ryouko(Wolf) is the victim.

Considering this show is lighthearted,that kind of stuff doesn't happen anyway although the line Otohime extracting "essences" from Urashima made me shaking my head in disbelief.

Yeah attempted rape is more likely...MAYBE, it could turn out to be something entirely else.

Shounen manga and Light novels almost NEVER deal with any rape, especially if it's toward the main female character, this episode definitely drew a lot of reactions from people, I think RAPE is such a "taboo" topic that most fans would rather not have to discuss.

In Seinen it's a lot more likely (Elfen Lied, GANTZ, IkkiTousen, Seikon no Qwaser).

Hell, in shounen you'll be lucky to see any sex or even touching much less rape.
Jul 30, 2010 9:20 AM

May 2007
alexcampos said:
Kagura89 said:
alexcampos said:

Yeah attempted rape is more likely...MAYBE, it could turn out to be something entirely else.

Shounen manga and Light novels almost NEVER deal with any rape, especially if it's toward the main female character, this episode definitely drew a lot of reactions from people, I think RAPE is such a "taboo" topic that most fans would rather not have to discuss.

In Seinen it's a lot more likely (Elfen Lied, GANTZ, IkkiTousen, Seikon no Qwaser).

Hell, in shounen you'll be lucky to see any sex or even touching much less rape.

He was moving his hips back and forth and her face expression was indicating pain.
That definitely wasn't rape.

Jul 30, 2010 9:39 AM

Apr 2008
looks like its getting more interesting =D

Jul 30, 2010 10:36 AM

May 2010
"bow for the millet dumplings!! " ROFL

Seriously, the narrator is getting more annoying than before..

reading up and down is confusing.. X_x

Ookami's past seems like bullying . It doesn't seem like rape for me..

Momo-senpai + another hot chick from the end = Wohooooo!! ~ ~
Jul 30, 2010 11:36 AM

Jun 2009
Jesus, one guy eariel already said that
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 30, 2010 1:09 PM

Nov 2009
This anime isn't the type that would throw rape overtones in our faces in the midst of a very humorous plot and comedic characters. If so, I would have dropped it at that scene right there.
Jul 30, 2010 1:35 PM
Jun 2010
Thank you for clearing it up that it was just attempted rape, where do I read the light novels? I want to read it.

Also, I'm wondering why like almost all fan service anime has attempted rape in them? Is rape/attempted rape really what fans want...? Because I sure as hell know I don't.
Jul 30, 2010 2:32 PM

Aug 2009
Raigeki1993 said:
Thank you for clearing it up that it was just attempted rape, where do I read the light novels? I want to read it.

Also, I'm wondering why like almost all fan service anime has attempted rape in them? Is rape/attempted rape really what fans want...? Because I sure as hell know I don't.

Well, I guess it's an attempt to garner sympathy for the character, making her that much more deserving of the healthy relationship the series will (most likely) have her in at the end, and in this case at least, it explains her need to be stronger. I know, it feels kind of hamfisted.

Also, Urashima goes into gentleman mode after having his "essence extracted?" Is that what they're calling it now?
Ha-cha!
Jul 30, 2010 2:38 PM

Jun 2009
LightningRamiel said:
Well, I guess it's an attempt to garner sympathy for the character, making her that much more deserving of the healthy relationship the series will (most likely) have her in at the end, and in this case at least, it explains her need to be stronger. I know, it feels kind of hamfisted.
In this case, it's rather to show why Ryouko decided to be strong and all. It's a comedy/parody anime with a romance elements, not a romance with comedy elements after all.

LightningRamiel said:
Also, Urashima goes into gentleman mode after having his "essence extracted?" Is that what they're calling it now?
Haha, didn't think about it before. I wouldn't mind going into gentleman mode after having my "essence extracted" by Otohime. =3=
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 30, 2010 3:23 PM

Feb 2010
Ryoukos Costume was really strange. And it's interesting that in all series the chracter don't get they put something strange on while changing and complain about it after and they never put it off after complaining.
Jul 30, 2010 3:29 PM

Jul 2008
I am glad this is only 12 episodes.

It was OK, but I don't get why Ryoushi decided to take that bully alone and let Ookami-san and Momo-chan-senpai go on ahead. There were three of them against one guy. They could have easily taken him and moved on together. His "protecting" thing was pointless.
Jul 30, 2010 4:23 PM
Jun 2010
LightningRamiel said:
Raigeki1993 said:

How does that explain the manga/anime called Rosario+Vampire? Nearly all the chicks on the harem that loves the male protagonist almost got raped, there are chances that they might almost get raped twice!
Jul 30, 2010 5:38 PM

Jun 2010
i hope its not rape :(
Jul 30, 2010 7:00 PM

Jun 2010
Raigeki1993 said:
LightningRamiel said:
Raigeki1993 said:

How does that explain the manga/anime called Rosario+Vampire? Nearly all the chicks on the harem that loves the male protagonist almost got raped, there are chances that they might almost get raped twice!

Yea but thats only the manga, they didnt even touch the subject in the anime, so maybe in the light novel it is a little darker, but the anime always makes it more cookie cutter.
Jul 30, 2010 8:32 PM

Mar 2009
Since Funimation just licensed it and is planning to stream the episodes, I guess I"ll put this one on hold for now.

Pretty good episode. I liked the new girl. Her groupies were amusing too.

The narrator still gets on my nerves, but it has nothing to do with her voice. What's annoying is how she constantly has to talk over everyone. If it were every once in a while, it'd be okay, but it happens way too often.
Jul 30, 2010 8:38 PM

Sep 2009
nice episode ......millet dumpling ...~
Jul 30, 2010 9:20 PM
Jul 2008
When it got to the "attempted rape" flashback, it was just WOAH - did they just turn the comedy dark? ( Okay, light novels do tend to be darker cuz they can.) If the story was that she was raped, I would've been convinced with that scene.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be a big bad boss ending (the prez and his girl final stage) though, they usually suck.I'd be happy with defeating the ura student prez as a story arc and then moving on.

Edit: Also with the beginning intro, it feels like I'm watching the fairy tail intro - which I skip.
KJacketJul 30, 2010 9:25 PM
Jul 30, 2010 9:34 PM

May 2008
OrochiPL said:
Jesus, one guy eariel already said that

I read that. It seemed very interesting. As if she was the Girl who cried Wolf who then later became the Wolf. Cool, no?
Jul 31, 2010 3:16 AM
Mar 2010
ooohhh principal plot begins, it was easy to think that, after general introduction in first episodes....
this ep is very good, but it takes me a bit confused, I'm very curious for next ep....
aaaaawwww Momo-chan-senpai I hope she remains in cast, she is pretty and nice, and she would give us very funny moments!!!
finally scene is so cute!!!
Ookami-san past: Raped!? ooooohhhh it seems she is very sad.....

next to 6th ep
Jul 31, 2010 12:27 PM

Apr 2009
It just got interesting! And I wonder how Otohime extracts Urashima's essences...
Jul 31, 2010 12:56 PM

May 2008
Shancakeschan said:
It just got interesting! And I wonder how Otohime extracts Urashima's essences...
Yeah, that's what I also wanna know, LOL~ xD
Jul 31, 2010 6:15 PM

Oct 2007
There is so many reason to say how retard this anime is.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 31, 2010 7:44 PM

Mar 2009
Stellar episode!!

Now I'm starting to see where this is going, and I'm loving it!

I'm liking all the new characters, especially Momo-chan.
And, the Busty Blonde at the end was HAWT >.> What's she all about?

The Oni Pres is tight, but I don't know about that hair, lol!

I would really like to read these novels, maybe Yen Press will do them, but it's not like I need anymore to read atm the moment with Haruhi, S&W, Bungaku Shoujo, I'm cool!

Need Moar Ryoko!!

Urahara Out!!
Jul 31, 2010 7:59 PM

Oct 2008
It's starting to get very interesting.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 31, 2010 11:41 PM

Dec 2009
I liked this episode, but dear god, can they not put the narrations right in with the dialogue?!?!?! It was sort of distracting DX.
Aug 2, 2010 8:37 AM

Jun 2008
HE'S A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING.

I can't believe no-one's said that yet.

Better than last episode. ALL HAIL THE MILLET DUMPLINGS. Still needs moar Majo though. ;-;
Aug 2, 2010 4:18 PM

May 2008
Can people who don't watch this online with a pause button or with subtitles tell me how you can understand two people talking at the same time? I wouldn't have a problem if what the narrator was saying is useful, but it isnt at all! Rather they tend to be really dumb and lame attempts at comedy that fail.

This episode was alright, but the narrator talks too much.
Aug 2, 2010 4:25 PM

Aug 2009
freakman012 said:
Can people who don't watch this online with a pause button or with subtitles tell me how you can understand two people talking at the same time? I wouldn't have a problem if what the narrator was saying is useful, but it isnt at all! Rather they tend to be really dumb and lame attempts at comedy that fail.

I'm just that awesome at reading subs. XD
Aug 2, 2010 6:10 PM

Jan 2010
i was wondering.. why ookami and the others don't wear uniform too?
Aug 5, 2010 2:31 AM
Jun 2008
_waffle said:
i was wondering.. why ookami and the others don't wear uniform too?
Actually Otogibanashi is allow to wear anything they like ^^

Nice episode,
ryoshi's quote when fighting the bad guy is awesome!!! I thought the director totally forgot about that quote from the Novel....Well at least this is better than nothing =P
Aug 13, 2010 2:15 AM

Oct 2007
This episode isn't to bad, as far as the whole 'rape' idea think it's safe to say the only thing in this anime getting raped is the atmosphere whenever the narrator opens her mouth, other then that I'm pretty happy to see some plot development. Also I can't help but have strange urges to listening to Inner Light whenever I saw Ookami punching the sandbag and secretly hoped Takamura would pop out of no where in the gym.

Aug 13, 2010 2:47 AM

Jun 2008
Ι do not believe she was raped. From those scenes it looks more like she used to behave like a girl and be more sweet in the past, but white hair guy used her and then threw her away, then told everybody at school so they started laughing at her.

Momo-chan offering threesomes with Ookami. Now that's what i call an offer you can't turn down. I like that one leg thighhighs fashion Momo has there.

Ending scene. Holly shit!!!! A sexy blond at the delinquent school. Seeing all those guys i thought there weren't any females there.

As about the narrator. I don't dislike her but i have to agree that she should speak at the same time as the characters.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Light novel ending slight summary.

Loxe - Jun 20, 2016

10 by CitrusBreeze »»
Feb 18, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MorningGlory - Sep 15, 2010

269 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:36 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 18, 2010

183 by epr0x »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Aug 11, 2010

159 by epr0x »»
Aug 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2010

195 by epr0x »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.