MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette Episode 3 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Cossette no Shouzou »» Le Portrait de Petit Cossette Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
View Poll Results: Le Portrait de Petit Cossette Episode 3 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

45 65.22%
4 out of 5: Liked it

11 15.94%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 15.94%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 1.45%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.45%
Voters: 69

01-10-11, 10:51 AM

This last episode was so powerful for me. I definitely got goosebumps when he dipped his paintbrush into his own blood. Both literally and symbolically, that scene was so vivid, I think I'm going to remember it forever. One thing that really struck me afterwards was how when he reunited with Cossette, I thought to myself "this is so hokey and absurd that it just feels fake, maybe I'll have to dock a point." Then, it turns out, that was the fake Cossette! It's just so interesting that they subtly changed her character during that scene, so subtle that I attributed it to bad writing. So yeah, I don't know what insan3soldiern is talking about, I thought the characterization was wonderful, this is one of my 10/10 anime for sure.
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

02-26-11, 10:00 PM

This was brilliant. As an Edgar Allan Poe enthusiast, I saw a LOT of thematic elements that reminded me of his works.

But seriously, this little 3-episode OVA was stupendous. The atmosphere, the mood, the visuals, the music... It all fit together perfectly.

04-21-11, 8:50 AM

Overall it was as meaningless as it's meaningful o.O
The music was....'beautiful' is not enough to describe it, the art was fine, the plot was good and bad in the same time. A show that's hard to be described with words...There were too many unnessecary stuff, the story aws lost at times and too confusing...
It was hard to complete it!
Very powerful ep...I loved the part where he started painting with his own blood <3
5/10 ... I think....
izayasign.jpgsmilie_flag_145.gif

03-17-12, 10:37 AM

The OVA was actually very good. I just don't seem to understand why it's so fucking under-rated. 7/10.

04-09-12, 1:11 PM

It was like watching a good movie. Although movies are predictable most of the time whereas this anime stayed mysterious until the very end. Even the last scene was ambiguous in its own ways. Would I call it an open end? Not really since we know that both Eiri and Cossette found their peace together; and that is what counts the most to me. A strange yet intriguing anime and therefore it deserves an 8/10 rating.

The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

05-01-12, 11:08 PM

I don't frighten easily. And indeed, despite the fact that I appreciate its place within the horror genre, nothing in Le Portrait de Petit Cossette particularly frightened me.

...until the last five seconds.

That final chord followed by that drumbeat filled me with indescribable terror.

05-12-12, 1:22 PM

Did I just get off an acid trip?

Regardless, it felt a lot like Boogiepop Phantom with some serious overuse of melodramatic effects.

04-30-13, 3:22 AM

While I really liked this series, it was quite confusing and I got lost quite a lot. Then I read the manga and a lot of it made a lot more sense. I still really liked how they did the anime though.

06-20-13, 8:59 AM

I love Shana same way as this guy loves Cossette :)

07-08-13, 12:06 AM

6/10
It lost me, by the end I just didnt care what happened.

10-06-13, 3:57 PM

so wat exactly happened so cossette passed on the painting went shoko may be like the soul of cossette or somthing he disapears dead maybe alive who knws even tho shoko said he said he will be back tht doesnt make him alive cld mean something else confusing gd erie atmosphere lol dark overall for 3 episodes it was gd tho i wld have like some kinda closure on characters final standings maybe after the credits wld have worked ohwell

12-14-13, 1:32 AM

ooh that part at the very very end after the credits creeped me out

12-18-13, 8:03 PM

Absolute work of art.

It will remain my #2 ranked anime for probably quite some time (it was surpassed by Madoka, another Shinbou masterpiece).

The third episode has so much... "warmth". Eiri didn't want to paint a picture of a picture! He wanted to paint the "real" Cossette. The real Cossette has has those little things (flaws) that aren't in the paintings. In the paintings she was "perfect", not real. I absolutely love how this ends. It's still my favorite ending of all anime I have seen. It's so touching, heartwarming, and full of love.

The ED song is now stuck in my head (and has been for the past 3 days)... I wonder how long it will be there...
Modified by BurntJelly, 12-18-13, 8:06 PM

I don't follow the threads I post in. PM me if you want my attention.

01-19-14, 7:39 PM

This episode was far better than the previous 2. It was really good. I een started reading the manga to grasp more of Cossette.

02-20-14, 11:18 PM

The story is pretty deep, with stunning visuals and a beautiful soundtrack. Definitely worth watching! And that obsessive love :O

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices